GW2 China Beta Festival...Photos

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Here’s a nice album of the festival posted on reddit. It has quite funny commentary too so make sure u read it.

http://imgur.com/a/JwXRE

and here’s the actual forum post with some interesting stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/25iqrv/i_attended_the_gw2_china_beta_festival_heres_some/

in Community Creations

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Very nice.

If they ever come to Sydney I wonder what they’d do. I’d be happy with a meet and greet at a pub.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

“Their excrement is something like mulch.”

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

in Community Creations

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

From the Wikipedia:

A mulch is a layer of material applied to the surface of an area of soil. Its purpose is any or all of the following:

- to conserve moisture
- to improve the fertility and health of the soil
- to reduce weed growth
- to enhance the visual appeal of the area

I wish I was Sylvari. I’d just do it around the house and enhance its visual appeal.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Most impressive. Have to admit I’m a bit jealous of their kick-off. Too bad NCSoft didn’t spring for such a grandiose launch.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I want that Shatterer statue.

in Community Creations

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Most impressive. Have to admit I’m a bit jealous of their kick-off. Too bad NCSoft didn’t spring for such a grandiose launch.

IIRC they have to get dyes amongst other items in game we take for granted via RL cash only in the Chinese version with no alternative options for acquisition so chances are they’ll be able to cover the costs.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

Wow i think they had a blast there

in Community Creations

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Wow.
I get a cold feeling looking at those photos.

Definitely creeped out.

in Community Creations

Inculpatus cedo.9234

IIRC they have to get dyes amongst other items in game we take for granted via RL cash only in the Chinese version with no alternative options for acquisition so chances are they’ll be able to cover the costs.

According to Mike O’Brien, they must pay to ID dyes, whereas we must pay to acquire them (now). So, it’s a trade-off. I guess they have dye drops or some other way of acquiring dye at no cost. /shrug

Regardless, I don’t think dye Identification has a lot to do with the extravaganza that the publisher provided for the launch in China. Lol.

in Community Creations

Azrael.4960

So, since they’re a plant, are they eating plants to produce mulch? in which case, isn’t that a form of cannibalism? Also, if they excrete mulch, could they just sit in the poop and re-absorb the nutrients from the mulch?

I might be looking too deeply into this

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

If you look closely enough, in one of the photos you can see Cantha.

in Community Creations

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

That’s pretty awesome, great photos. Makes me excited to attend the next anniversary bash if they’re holding it again this year just to feel a little bit of that here.

I’d really love it if the Shatterer statue and the Zoijja usb hub got released in the store here on the website. We haven’t gotten any new merchandise in a long time.

in Community Creations

zoejo.2317

So, since they’re a plant, are they eating plants to produce mulch? in which case, isn’t that a form of cannibalism? Also, if they excrete mulch, could they just sit in the poop and re-absorb the nutrients from the mulch?

I’m with you on this. Let’s get to the bottom of it.

(edited by zoejo.2317)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

That’s awesome! The commentary cracked me up, rofl!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

“Hnnnng she’s looking right at me.”

This guy is awesome.

[SoF]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Is eating a cow cannibalism?
Can you eat your own poop to reabsorb the nutrients?

Think through what you just said. No, eating a cow is not cannibalism. Yes, you can eat your own poop, though it’ll be very nutrient-poor.

I don’t think you’re thinking deeply on this at all.

in Community Creations

zoejo.2317

Think through what you just said. No, eating a cow is not cannibalism. Yes, you can eat your own poop, though it’ll be very nutrient-poor.

No, eating a cow is not cannibalism. Because I’m not a cow. If a cow eats a cow, then yes.
His question was regarding Sylvari eating plants. Since sylvari are plants… his point is valid. I think..

in Community Creations

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think it would be more akin to mammal eating mammal. Thus, plant eating plant would not be cannibalism. So, we can eat cows, and Sylvari can eat dandelions, without treading into the cannibalism area. =)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Wow.

Definitely creeped out.

Strangest statement I’ve ever seen made about pictures of a launch event. It wasn’t a documentary about Pol Pot, maybe you clicked the wrong link? :P

in Community Creations

Azrael.4960

I think it would be more akin to mammal eating mammal. Thus, plant eating plant would not be cannibalism. So, we can eat cows, and Sylvari can eat dandelions, without treading into the cannibalism area. =)

Hmm, that’s a good point. I’ll “ruminate” on this for a while.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

No, eating a cow is not cannibalism. Because I’m not a cow. If a cow eats a cow, then yes.
His question was regarding Sylvari eating plants. Since sylvari are plants… his point is valid. I think..

They’re plants, unless they eat flies and such like some plants do,

all they need is some sun/water, and to spread their roots……………….

in Community Creations

Azrael.4960

You might want to think about your plant and animal biology somewhat before speaking next time. Plants can absorb nutrients from the break down of mulch through their roots. An animal could sit in its own poop all day without getting any nutritional benefit, thought they’ll definitely have an aromatic “benefit”.

in Community Creations

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Leave it to this forum to turn a thread about pictures from a GW2 festival in China into a debate on cannibalism. GG, LOL.

The Burninator

in Community Creations

Tiger Ashante.1792

Leave it to this forum to turn a thread about pictures from a GW2 festival in China into a debate on cannibalism. GG, LOL.

Yes indeed, it’s always a safe bet that anything good or positive on this forum will quickly descend into a gutter.

in Community Creations

Tiger Ashante.1792

I want that Shatterer statue.

Yes! Me 2, i really wish we get a chance to get one as well.

in Community Creations

Tiger Ashante.1792

Wow.

Definitely creeped out.

Strangest statement I’ve ever seen made about pictures of a launch event. It wasn’t a documentary about Pol Pot, maybe you clicked the wrong link? :P

I agree, very creepy comment.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You might want to think about your plant and animal biology somewhat before speaking next time. Plants can absorb nutrients from the break down of mulch through their roots. An animal could sit in its own poop all day without getting any nutritional benefit, thought they’ll definitely have an aromatic “benefit”.

Would you rather have them meat eaters. Like Triffids.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Community Creations

Azrael.4960

Would you rather have them meat eaters. Like Triffids.

Well, we have charr already and they’re man eaters. How about Tribbles?