GW2 Favorite places

GW2 Favorite places

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Saurrec.6402

Saurrec.6402

Where is your favorite area?
as in whats a place that you love to hang out in? because of the overall feel of the area? or maybe the idea behind it?

Mine is the charr starting area. i think the whole area is pretty cool, diverse and it looks so good, and the day/night cycles are sweet.

A physical disability hasn’t stopped me from being a Polite, Helpful, & Badkitten player.

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

“Hunting Banks” in Timberline Falls is my favorite place in the whole game, hands down. Unfortunately, it often has a Krait event but that Hylek village is gorgeous, there are those lovely colorful Hylek houses and a pool! Feels like a Hylek hotel, lol.

Mount Maelstrom’s “Judgement Rock” is also beautiful with colorful leaves in a small camp (when I go afk or just wanna talk to guildies). Also, anywhere in The Grove.

Pics of Hunting Banks and Judgement Rock!

Attachments:

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

Like you, OP, the charr starting area- the Plains of Ashford- is one of my favourite areas in the game. I love the refreshing autumn forest/plains feel, and I agree, it just looks great in general.

I also really like Bloodtide Coast and Sparkfly Fen. I think the environmental colours (the sky combined with the greenery) are beautiful.

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: Spindelhalla.2139

Spindelhalla.2139

I keep a list of places I like. There are about 20 places on the list and it’s a bit difficult to choose my favourites because I like them all for different reasons but I’ll try to give you the ones I like the most.

- Lion’s Shadow Bed and Breakfast (Eastern Ward Waypoint in Lion’s Arch)
- The secret “Cat’s Room” (that’s how I call it) in the Mistwrought Vault Jumping Puzzle
- The secret room in Cadecus Manor, accessible because of a bug which I think has been fixed.
- Southsun Cove it’s my favourite map in general
- Lion’s Arch when it was destroyed was beautiful

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The “Goonies” JP, Saul’s Tomb any area that has something going back to GW1. I love the history of it all. I end up thinking of the good times I had in GW1. I do like hanging out in the Eye of the North too, the memories.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

- Divinity’s Reach – This city is just magnificent. And I love cities. This is one of the few zones (or maybe the only one) where I actually start to randomly wander EVERY SINGLE TIME I visit it, and forgetting or shifting my original goal why I went there. All these details, buildings, and npcs chatting. For me, DR is the best zone.

In terms of hanging out, I also love:
- Metrica Province – Probably my most favorite zone except DR. As an asura main and fan of their architecture, I’m enjoying every single time I visit it. It was also the 1st zone I’ve ever explored (my 1st char was an asura too)
- Blazeridge Steppes – There are some really beautiful yellow forests in middle of this land, and also some other interesting places
- Hoelbrak – Yeah, the nature, norn architecture (mainly those giantic lodges) and other things like these ice sculptures are together just wonderful
- Gendarran Fields – Land of contrasts. Really interesting zone and fun to explore…
- Auric Basin – Probably my most favorite from all jungle zones. And I really like Tarir!

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: Saurrec.6402

Saurrec.6402

very nice! lets keep posting! love the choices.

A physical disability hasn’t stopped me from being a Polite, Helpful, & Badkitten player.

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Anywhere Tasca’s Demise will play.

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I forgot to say Fort Selma before it got trashed. That was a really nice out post, I miss it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Frostgorge Sound. I always feel like I am truly adventuring when something brings me to that map.

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Timberline Falls is beautiful, especially around the Gentle River area. That being said, the first time I really fell in love with the look of the game was the first time my character ventured into the Snowden Drifts from the Wayfarer Foothills; the gentle snow-fall and snow-covered trees; I still remember that first time.

Finally there is the Silverwastes. This is primarily due to the music around Camp Resolve; it just does something to me. Simply and perfectly composed to capture the atmosphere.

Attachments:

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I forgot to say Fort Selma before it got trashed. That was a really nice out post, I miss it.

I loved the ‘chicken song’ a local would sing there!

GW2 Favorite places

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

One of my favorite spots to discover when I first started playing the game was the old Shrine of Balthazar from GW1. Was really happy to see it was still around after all this time, and with a few searing crystals nearby as well. I love anything referencing GW1, particularly anything directly referencing pre-searing Ascalon. As strange as it sounds, pre-searing Ascalon still pulls me back to GW1 from time to time. Needless to say, this spot is one of my favorites. I hang out here from time to time, when waiting for this, that, or the other.

One of my other favorite spots to idle is the Not So Secret JP, specifically on top of the airship where there a handful of Aetherblades and the one Veteran Aetherblade Taskmaster. It’s the spot at the “end” of the JP where you have the choice of either dropping down to the chest platform, or continuing up to the goggles platform. I’m really not sure why I like hanging out there so much. It could have something to do with the fact that the JP itself used to be such a thorn in my side and now I can complete it without much trouble, so I’ve sort of turned that place into my own little playground I guess. It helps that there are always folks needing ports up, and that there are Aetherblade you can “farm” while you’re waiting for portal CD, so there’s always something to do there even if it is pretty inconsequential.

Attachments: