GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chachamaru Nagase.7298

Chachamaru Nagase.7298

Skimpy armor, or realistic armor, I don’t care, we just need MORE armor. I love my Norn Female Engineer, but all she gets to choose is Trenchcoat #1 through Trenchcoat #10 with a little bit of variation through Dungeon Armor.

MMOs should have a HUGE selection of widely different armor, and GW2’s armors feel extremely small. Skimpy or not, I don’t care, we just need more armors, and more choices.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

And god forbid you get made uncomfortable. It only women who should there to be ‘make your own kitten material’.
If your going to do skimpy at least make it so for both although at this point I would say some more armour that actually armour or covering on girls and skimpy on guys is due.
Personalty I want more elegant stuff and while I like the trench coats more that aren’t for medium without making them underboob or having fishnet slits down the kitten would be nice. The only one I want ‘skimpy’ medium armour for is my charr.
I wish they hadn’t put a boob window on the latest gem store one.

I’m not uncomfortable with male characters who expose their skin, fur or leaves. However, in contemporary fashion ‘revealing’ just does not work the same way for males.

Here’s an example that I hope doesn’t get me infracted, lol

Uh huh, So because hairy dude with genitals hanging out of the bottom of loose tshirt looks like terrible guys can’t do skimpy?
There are plenty of ways to do skimpy that aren’t that.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I don’t mind either of these, but I think there is need of more options, mostly for non-skimpy armors that too often are trenchcoats or look pretty ugly and not as well-designed as many skimpy ones.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

And god forbid you get made uncomfortable. It only women who should there to be ‘make your own kitten material’.
If your going to do skimpy at least make it so for both although at this point I would say some more armour that actually armour or covering on girls and skimpy on guys is due.
Personalty I want more elegant stuff and while I like the trench coats more that aren’t for medium without making them underboob or having fishnet slits down the kitten would be nice. The only one I want ‘skimpy’ medium armour for is my charr.

I’m not uncomfortable with male characters who expose their skin, fur or leaves. However, in contemporary fashion ‘revealing’ just does not work the same way for males.

Not fair! The male shirt is shorter!! That’s cheating!!

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

As a WOW refuge I miss the thongs or close to thong like bottoms. At least somewhat less blocky less conservative underpants with clothes off. The bra tops on armor are way less covering than the no shirt bra.
(I like thongs on females but I’m sure some male options are needed to and the male thongs have justification on light armor in some cultures and history)

Maybe a toggle on or off parental control for the more skimpy stuff. (also could be toggled off in countries you could not use it in)

Bringing back a mix and match option town clothes panel would be great too assuming they actually design enough separates to get better interest. I believe why they dropped is there was not enough demand for it to put time into including panel in change. But the lack of demand was caused by the very limited selection of outfits especially separates.

I not to fond of skimpy medium and heavy armor as armor with holes in it don’t work as well taking me out of the fantasy nature of the story. (yes magic can make it work but then it does not even need to look like armor) Thus I would prefer skimpy for characters in the medium and heavy classes be in town clothes like outfits.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: ThunderBadger.3049

ThunderBadger.3049

And as long as we’re talking about variety here…fair’s fair. I don’t think that the male counterparts have enough skimpy armor to match the females. Bring it on Anet!

I can dress my male heavy in four different armor skins that expose my nipples. How many armor skins can you dress your female in that expose your nipples?

I`m not talking about guys nipples. Think…lower.

Sorry but gw2 males have no geometry down there. Nothing to see

They have rear ends, don’t they? I mean, they have them on the females at least, pretty sure they have them on the guys too…

You know, like a Tarzan butt-flap-like thing. Instead of boob window, butt window!

Or for the front, they could give them a MAN POUCH

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Not fair! The male shirt is shorter!! That’s cheating!!

Alas, I searched for pictures of Chris Evans in just a shirt, but could find none. If it existed, I’m pretty sure it would prove this point wrong and make many ovaries explode in the process.

Point being that “It just looks wrong on guys” is pretty much the dreaded male gaze plus gender stereotypes talking. People are always quick to quote “sex sells” when defending skimpy armour, but it hardly sells just to straight guys with stereotypically cheesecake tastes.

So uh, bring on the skimp! I’ll be here in the corner eagerly awaiting some male battle lingerie, sculpted bare midriffs, hotpants, tasteful thongs and whatever else they’re bold enough to give us. Final Fantasy can do it, so you can too, Anet!

(edited by Faowri.4159)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Making skimpy outfits for the sake of skimpy is a terrible way to design armor. Trying to copy and paste the same outfit for both genders is also a terrible decision.

What looks appealing on a woman rarely looks as appealing on a man.
If you want to do something sexy on a female character you try to focus on doing something appealing regarding breasts and hips. If you want to do something sexy for male characters you try to focus on their muscles.
If you give a short skirt to a female character it’s either considered sexy or kittenty. If you give a short short to a male character, people will never see it as kittenty, rarely as sexy but generally as something weird.
If you give a tank top to a female character, giving a tank top to a male character just looks out of place. Give him an open shirt (like GW1 ritualist vabbian, they got that one right).

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

Confirmed: People who complain about too much skimpy (light armor) and not enough modest armors, are nuns.

edit:

This would be a lot more useful if you define “skimpy” and seperate it by armor class.

Light: Fine as is.
Medium: We need more skimpy.
Heavy: We need generally more lighter looking choices which includes skimpy.

^ This x10000000000

(edited by arjeidi.2690)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Confirmed: People who complain about too much skimpy (light armor) and not enough modest armors, are nuns.

edit:

This would be a lot more useful if you define “skimpy” and seperate it by armor class.

Light: Fine as is.
Medium: We need more skimpy.
Heavy: We need generally more lighter looking choices which includes skimpy.

^ This x10000000000

Voted not enough modest outfits. Although the use of the subjective words “skimpy” and “modest” are obviously designed to elicit specific responses.

In a game that is supposedly all about looks, I’d like to actually have my characters in armor that is armor. I’d like to see more creativity in designing something appealing that isn’t just another set of bikini tops and thigh high slits for females and nothing but a chest strap for males. Too cliché.

-57 years old, married with kids, art major, lived in Europe in the era of nude beaches and has no problem with the natural human body

Sorry I don’t fit the stereotype

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

So uh, bring on the skimp! I’ll be here in the corner eagerly awaiting some male battle lingerie, sculpted bare midriffs, hotpants, tasteful thongs and whatever else they’re bold enough to give us. Final Fantasy can do it, so you can too, Anet!

O_o

Dear, sweet, merciful Dwayna. I…used to think I was a fairly progressive dude, but if that is gender equality then…. No. Just no.

But seriously. I don’t even object to those armour styles, I simply would not wear ‘em on either male or female characters because it’s just too far over the top for my tastes. I don’t think we need this kind of forced ‘equality’ though. It’s perfectly fine for males and females to be attractive in different ways. Vive la difference!

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

O_o

Dear, sweet, merciful Dwayna. I…used to think I was a fairly progressive dude, but if that is gender equality then…. No. Just no.

But seriously. I don’t even object to those armour styles, I simply would not wear ‘em on either male or female characters because it’s just too far over the top for my tastes. I don’t think we need this kind of forced ‘equality’ though. It’s perfectly fine for males and females to be attractive in different ways. Vive la difference!

Funny of “attractive in different ways” tends to mean guys don’t get sexualized overtly and instead get ‘strong’.
Guess what? a lot of girls would like that “forced equality”. If we have deal with your kitten you should deal with ours.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’d be up for some lighter female medium armour…

Or skirts… Actual skirts that are leg armour and not affixed to a top…
And decent-looking trenchcoats… Hanging open or otherwise made to look light and stylish…

So basically I want more armour all-around for adventurers that doesn’t look bulky and cumbersome.

As far as giving each gender the others armours goes, “Meh”. Until you add some cute guys to the game, seeing guys run around showing skin isn’t going to do anything for me, but I won’t decry it (though I will decry the lack of cute guys further).

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

After seeing the poll result, looks like supporter for both side is quite similar.

I think its about time to do something, to balance out the skimpy : non skimpy radio according to the supporter.

Its time to have a 1:1 skimpy : non skimpy radio for all armor weight….XD

1:1 radio will kind of make GW2 one of those Korean game… So, maybe we don’t change anything and keep the current radio, okay?

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

•I prefer non-skimpy armour and want more choices of it

(additionally, MALES need more skimpy armor)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Skimpy and male just ….do not sound right together. shudders

Sounds right enough for me.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

After seeing the poll result, looks like supporter for both side is quite similar.

I think its about time to do something, to balance out the skimpy : non skimpy radio according to the supporter.

Its time to have a 1:1 skimpy : non skimpy radio for all armor weight….XD

1:1 radio will kind of make GW2 one of those Korean game… So, maybe we don’t change anything and keep the current radio, okay?

Ahem…

Huh? Radio… What’s with that radio?

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

O_o

Funny of “attractive in different ways” tends to mean guys don’t get sexualized overtly and instead get ‘strong’.
Guess what? a lot of girls would like that “forced equality”. If we have deal with your kitten you should deal with ours.

I’ll have to agree with you, guys are uncomfortable with seeing half naked guys as much as girls are uncomfortable with seeing half naked girls.
Guys are ok with seeing half naked girls as much as girls are ok with seeing half naked guys.

Well assuming we are talking about attractive videogame characters anyway, when you feel you might be even slightly attracted to something you feel you shouldn’t be attracted to you trigger the defense system that makes you want to stop seeing it.

It also occurred to me that maybe after years of sexualization girls are more rational about it and just get annoyed by the cliché, idk.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I can’t asnwer because I like them both.
I can’t say everything is fine, because I don’t really like many of them and I would like to see new ones with canthan style (both skimpy and not skimpy).

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I’d rather see different styles. We always get steampunk or victorian. The victorian style is really cheesy too. It’s downright embarassing. In fact, there needs to be more variety across all gear.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

And as long as we’re talking about variety here…fair’s fair. I don’t think that the male counterparts have enough skimpy armor to match the females. Bring it on Anet!

I can dress my male heavy in four different armor skins that expose my nipples. How many armor skins can you dress your female in that expose your nipples?

Well since we’re talking about treating males and females fair and you couldn’t name any armors that show female nipples despite their male equivalents, tell me which armor shows female genitalia since that seems to be what you’re interested in concerning males.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: ThunderBadger.3049

ThunderBadger.3049

Well since we’re talking about treating males and females fair and you couldn’t name any armors that show female nipples despite their male equivalents, tell me which armor shows female genitalia since that seems to be what you’re interested in concerning males.

You seem to be focusing on one sole point..it is usually ok for guys to show their nipples, and is not considered skimpy. The difference between the genders is that when both of them go out with nipples showing, only one of them gets arrested. Guy skimpy and girl skimpy are two different things.

Also, there are some armors that where the slit in the skirt parts, or just viewing underneath like when you dodge roll, you can see underwear…and more.

My last post even stated how dudes armor could be skimpy, not even mentioning nipples:

Sorry but gw2 males have no geometry down there. Nothing to see

They have rear ends, don’t they? I mean, they have them on the females at least, pretty sure they have them on the guys too…

You know, like a Tarzan butt-flap-like thing. Instead of boob window, butt window!

Or for the front, they could give them a MAN POUCH

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I fairly recently switched my ele over to female for armors, because male light armors seem a bit less interesting to me, not in the sense that you can expose a ton of leg/torso, but rather in the intricacy of the design (like the leg tattoos for the winged armor set, and the more flamboyant decorations in general).
I might have stayed with male (though probably not, my ele looks kitten now), if it was possible to have some more stand-out clothing styles (again, not in the sense that a certain torso makes you look topless and braless from behind).

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Unfortunately that poll is still not quite specific enough. I think that Light and Heavy armor have enough skimpy options and we could use more non-skimpy armors for females, but it’s the reverse problem for Medium armors. Medium armors for females tend to be ugly variations of trenchcoats, with only the rare exception

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

THere are several kinds and purposes to “Skimpy”:
1. “I can’t be bothered to dress myself properly” – This is a haphazard, asymmetrical outfit that does its best to cover everything necessary and is jury-rigged to stay together. However, it tends to be cluttered and ‘jagged’, drawing attention to the material that is there and away from the body underneath. The male Scallywag armor and Brahm’s outfit give this appearance pretty well on males (Up to going commando on Charr, but humans wear pants.) Due to the random and uncoordinated exposure, it can bare a lot of skin before it’s considered ‘skimpy’.
2. “Look at my sexy body!” – This tends to show off/tease at the body parts considered ‘sexy’, and also designed to just keep the taboo parts out of sight, while emphasizing non-taboo but still titillating body parts (Such as thighs and bellies). Most boob windows, miniskirts, and thigh gaps are this sort of thing, and it’s disproportionately common on females. Some of the male light armors, like Masquerade and Feathered, pull off this look as well. This type can actually cover the most skin while still being considered ‘skimpy’, because of the precision in what it shows off.
3. “I have the Body of A God!” – This is armor designed to show off the body in a way that emphasizes power, athleticism, and body mechanics over titillation, yet is still organized. It’s not trying to be ‘sexy’, but most sane people find physically fit people to be attractive anyway. Gladiator and Flamewrath/Pit Fighter armor shows this off pretty well on both sexes, showing off the central joints on each limb and connecting muscle groups, as well as the core muscle groups in the torso.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Skimpy armor, or realistic armor, I don’t care, we just need MORE armor. I love my Norn Female Engineer, but all she gets to choose is Trenchcoat #1 through Trenchcoat #10 with a little bit of variation through Dungeon Armor.

MMOs should have a HUGE selection of widely different armor, and GW2’s armors feel extremely small. Skimpy or not, I don’t care, we just need more armors, and more choices.

The problem in this game is that in 90% of all cases, Anet seems to only define Medium armor as texture-less Leather armor, unless it involves Cultural armor. Same thing with Light Cloth armor, and heavy Metal armor. There is an exception or two in Dungeon armor, but, that’s 1 of 50 armor sets.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: METALROCKS.6097

METALROCKS.6097

lol. i think we have enough of both. my female sylvari ranger character wears a coat that pretty much reveals her belly and its still addressed as a coat, medium armor.

i got my self a new coat that would cover her body and at least looks like a coat, but due these changes have made, i can forget. not paying real money to do that.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Speaking as a woman…

As skimpy as female armor is, I would prefer that there be skimpier armor sets, especially in medium and heavy sets.. ( Chicks in Chainmail.. anyone?)…

I always prefered to dress skimpy if i can. I don’t think these armor sets should only be in the gem store… but should be more prevalent in the world.

As I see it, Non skimpy armor comprises about 60 to 65 % of available armor sets. So it’s not as if.. for those women that don’t want to dress all sexy, they do not have options…. I feel that sometimes some women can take almost an indignant tone about the existence of skimpy armor.

I do not force them to wear skimpy, they shouldn’t force me to not wear it , by advocating for less skimpy armor sets.

Hint, not all women want to be dressed up to the neck… and down to the ankle… well, unless it’s skin tight… maybe..:P

Buy ya.. #1 all the way.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I’d be satisfied if they’d make/change more female light armor leggings to where they don’t look like you’re wearing a circus tent from the waist down.

And who designs the armor anyway? IMHO, the vast majority of the armor, no matter what type for either gender, look ridiculous or fugly as hell. This game has the worse looking armor overall of any MMO I’ve played.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I think if they separated armor pieces into viewable zones, it would help a lot. Say being able to toggle on/off the sleeves or skirt from existing armors. Even better, just remove the race and profession restrictions completely. This way we could mix and match without Anet having to make new pieces. Even if they had to remake existing ones to fix clipping, it wouldn’t be as much work as coming up with brand new armor.

And yes, we need more! I have only 5 looks I use across all professions.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

There shouldn’t be so many different armors that have the same skins. They should all be unique imo… or at the very least, slightly different.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I think if they separated armor pieces into viewable zones, it would help a lot. Say being able to toggle on/off the sleeves or skirt from existing armors. Even better, just remove the race and profession restrictions completely. This way we could mix and match without Anet having to make new pieces. Even if they had to remake existing ones to fix clipping, it wouldn’t be as much work as coming up with brand new armor.

And yes, we need more! I have only 5 looks I use across all professions.

I agree about the toggle on and off for same skin variety. Especially when my toon is in sexy outfit and run around in icy map…. I wish i could cover her a bit.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Shakkara.2641

Shakkara.2641

I want female armor that not only fully covers, but also does not show boobs in any way.

In particular heavy armor that does not have any breast-cups. Currently there’s not much choice in that regard.

Breastcups are totally unrealistic for heavy armor. You don’t need them as armor will just flatten those boobs. And it’s dangerous as they deflect blows and arrows right at your heart. All historical examples of women in platemail (for example, Jeane d’Arc) had them wear identical platemail as men do.

That is what I want for my characters. I’m female in real life but I play mostly male characters because I totally hate most of the female armor.

Phalanx Armor for men, so totally awesome.
And for women? Ugly helmet, ugly torso piece, ugly everything. So disappointing

Even Game of Thrones does it right, with heavily armored women like Brienne running around with platemail identical to male ones. THAT is the look I want for women!

(edited by Shakkara.2641)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I want female armor that not only fully covers, but also does not show boobs in any way.

In particular heavy armor that does not have any breast-cups. Currently there’s not much choice in that regard.

Breastcups are totally unrealistic for heavy armor. You don’t need them as armor will just flatten those boobs. And it’s dangerous as they deflect blows and arrows right at your heart. All historical examples of women in platemail (for example, Jeane d’Arc) had them wear identical platemail as men do.

That is what I want for my characters. I’m female in real life but I play mostly male characters because I totally hate most of the female armor.

Even Game of Thrones does it right, with heavily armored women like Brienne running around with platemail identical to male ones. THAT is the look I want for women!

So you want Brenne of Tarth style armor.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Well, to be fair, MOST of the “Heavy” armor in the game is Chain or Scale armor, which naturally conform the the female body. Studded and Heavy plate armors don’t have Boobplates. Neither do Nobleman’s, Dredge, Ascalonian, or Protector’s armors (Though they do have a bit of a bulge at the top to give more room for the breasts -but they don’t have any structures that redirect blows toward the center of the torso, or concentrate against the sternum).

And historical examples are a result of there not being enough women fighting to make/design armor for, which can be problematic if they don’t take the different proportion and load-distribution/handling abilities into consideration (Not talking about breast cups, though – just torso proportions and load-bearing points). Also – actually flattening/compressing/binding breasts for extended periods of time can be extremely detrimental to one’s health.

There are more boobplate-free female plate armors than there are… kitten! I really wish I could have my female charr wear female Orrian armor!

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Snip

Snip

On the other hand, male armor was sometimes made to accommodate the individual who found combat to be….. stimulating. Outsized cups in the groin area was made for these men. It was also a fashionable trend in armor for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece
As time passed, codpieces became shaped and padded to emphasize rather than to conceal, reaching their peak of size and decoration in the 1540s before falling out of use by the 1590s. Armor of the 16th century followed civilian fashion, and for a time armored codpieces were a prominent addition to the best full harnesses.

I can’t post a picture for fear of an infraction but a mild one is on this page.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101222214016AAGSyuo

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I do not force them to wear skimpy, they shouldn’t force me to not wear it , by advocating for less skimpy armor sets.

Hint, not all women want to be dressed up to the neck... and down to the ankle... well, unless it’s skin tight... maybe..:P

Buy ya.. #1 all the way.

I don’t think a vote for "less skimpy" immediately calls a ban on everything that is the opposite. Frankly, if you want that armour, more power to you. I understand. It’s not necessarily an Us Vs. Them situation, though, and it’s not conducive to debate to skewer it that way.

A lot of "female human/norn/(somewhat) sylvari armour gives the impression of being indentured to fanservice. If you are the fan who is being serviced, naturally you are happy; you do not care, you’re not affected and can go about your merry way. That’s great if this is you, but if you are someone who’s not being serviced (in the best possible sense. Behave at the back, there!), then it seems very imbalanced - maybe even unfair. How come over there get what they want.. and because I have different wants I’m ignored? (Please note, this question is rhetorical.)

There’s such disparity between the genders (and further, across the races) in terms of armour, and it makes no sense. That’s not to say there aren’t choices for the overdressed and the underdressed - there are - but they’re not gender-balanced. Asking for balance, or choice, isn’t wrong. For example, let’s use the starter light armours for comparison:

Female: wears skirt so short it could be called a belt, also bits of it are uneven in length; an interesting and fun top which is marginally suggestive yet mostly inoffensive (although suggestive and inoffensive are subjective); plus some odd boots which are sort of cool (lace-ups are nice, height is nice, heel is debatable but not game-breaking), but suggest feet have perhaps been bound.

Male: Lots of clothes. Long "coat", long trousers, reasonable boots. Quite covered up.

I understand Vive la différence!, but these looks for the "same" armour set are nigh on polar opposites. This is what makes it come across as fanservice - but only for one set of fans.

It would nice for something of a mix to be available. If I want a character to wear that skirt (male or female) it should be possible, and from the outset. Same with any armour. I know this entails a lot of work on Anet’s side, of course, and I appreciate it’s not at the top of the list for things to do, but I still ask for it. It baffles me it’s not like this already. I mean, we should start off with a selection of all armour styles, and pick and choose our look from these, rather than just be set in one particular armour. It would give us more variety in our appearance from the get-go.

And, as ever: More trousers without skirt attachments!. Free Charr Paws! Free Asura Feet! Full skirts of all lengths! Armour Equality! For all!*

*please advise of any I have missed. I shall add any I agree with to make my new signature. I suggest others do similar!

EDITed for Kittens. Miaow!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I prefer the invisible option #6:

There’s too much skimpy female armor and not enough skimpy male armor.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Playing a sylvari ranger I definitely want more skimpy armor, no matter what anyone says there really are NOT that many options for medium armor users and those that are there are restricted to norn and human.
More skimpy for medium
More of either for light and heavy as those 2 seem more even in skimpy/nonskimpy to me. Saying all light armor is skimpy is nonsens… there are plenty that cover up, they may not be as stylish, but they are there… maybe some more middle ground sets, formfitting, but not skimpy, covering but not a cloak.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Just give us 100x the amount of skins we currently have, and I’ll probably find something I like in there. Problem solved.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

I think the problem isn’t that there’s not enough skimpy or non-skimpy armor (at least for heavy and light), but that there isn’t enough variety of either type. I’d like to see something like the ele’s FoW armor for a non-skimpy light armor, and I’d like to see something like the skirted assassin armors from GW1 for skimpy medium armor. As it is, if you want skimpy you get a short skirt, if you want non-skimpy, you get a trenchcoat. And medium armor suffers most from lack of variety. There are only two skimpy medium armors that come to mind: Order of Whispers armor, and human cultural t3.

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

They should make male armor weareable for females. That would solve you problem.

For me? No, I like fantasy armor. Skimpyness for everyone. Male, females, plants, everyone can have the choice to be sexy!!

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

This is a fantasy game, everyone should be able to dress how they want, and can for the most part. I’d love to see more interesting medium armor other than trenchcoats. Don’t want to look like Carmen San Diego. The scale heavy armor does not have cups for the person who was concerned about it. I like the skimpy armor for all weights of armor. Hmmm, I’m a woman, voted for ERA in 72, playing only female characters. It’s a fantasy game after all, and is quite PG compared to other games out there.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

They should make male armor weareable for females. That would solve you problem.

For me? No, I like fantasy armor. Skimpyness for everyone. Male, females, plants, everyone can have the choice to be sexy!!

I like historically accurate armor, so I’d like to see the girls in the same kind of armor men would wear. Letting female characters wear male armor would be a great compromise.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

What i really would like to know is how many of the voters are actually women.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

from my experience the player base of gw2 is 80% dudes and 20% women and IF i would have to make new armor sets i would make 4 sets more appealing for men and 1 set more appealing for women
you should not make 80% of you playerbase mad just to satisfy a minority (and by mad i mean , guys complaining that anet making boring armor sets and wasting time just for the minority)

ps: i votet for everything is fine, but of course i would love more armor choices

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

GW1’s player base was an almost even split, about 60/40. GW2 is probably similar. Just because YOU don’t know any women who play, doesn’t mean there aren’t any. Don’t make such dated and sexist assumptions.

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Female here, voted #1, esp want to see new non-trenchcoat medium armor

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

its based on many guilds i was on , on wvw raids , on dungeon runs and i dont belive your 60/40 for gw1 because i made the same experience in gw1, show me some official statement if it exist
and i make assumption how i want about my experiance and YOU cant do anything about it

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

How nice it is to see someone with proxies rigging the poll against “skimpy” overnight (even though real world players go with more revealing armour, and overwhelmingly so).