GW2 Gold question

GW2 Gold question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

If some1 send to me gold because he wont play more i will get banned or no? Im not talking about buing gold.

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

No player can answer that for sure. However, he should include text in the mail. Title something like “Farewell to GW2, This is For You” and text along the lines of “Przemek, you’ve been a good friend, now that I’m leaving the game I want you to have this gold.”

Screenshot that before you withdraw the gold. If ANet gives you grief, you have proof it was a one time gift, and they can review his account to observe that he isn’t logging in (that can take time, a few days hardly shows permanent departure).

Then hope that your friend legitimately earned that gold in game play so he’s not handing on ill gotten gains.

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: Tecca.4036

Tecca.4036

People can give whatever they want to give, you’ll be fine.

EDIT: Though it depends on how much he’s sending. You can be flagged for large amounts.

(edited by Tecca.4036)

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Yes, if he shovels off a large amount of gold, it will be flagged.

However, it’s not like there is a bot that just automatically bans people. If it’s clear that it was a one time gift and the player isn’t logging in again, they’ll most assuredly let it slide.

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

When sending large amounts of mats to friends to help them with their legendary weapons, I always write a small message stating what its for incase it gets flagged.

GW2 Gold question

Przemek Pro.1309

im scared cuz its a 600-800g :F

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

If you’re going to move that much gold, both parties would probably benefit by contacting Anet customer service first.

Though I wouldn’t put it past Anet to just tell your friend “you’re quitting? Ok, we’ll take your gold”.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

If you’re going to move that much gold, both parties would probably benefit by contacting Anet customer service first.

Though I wouldn’t put it past Anet to just tell your friend “you’re quitting? Ok, we’ll take your gold”.

Oh, come on. Really? It’s one thing to be bitter about the direction they took, but to make the leap that they’d steal from their players? Grow up.

GW2 Gold question

Przemek Pro.1309

so shall i be scared or no?

Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: Tecca.4036

Tecca.4036

That’s quite a lot of gold. I’d probably send a support ticket about it first:

https://help.guildwars2.com/home

GW2 Gold question

Przemek Pro.1309

How to send message to support?

Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

Do not send a message pre-emptively to support, you’re only wasting a support ticket and someone’s time reviewing such a message.

As mentioned get the sender to add a message to the e-mail regarding its legitimacy If support feel the need to question it they will review logs themselves and see its sources. That said as someone mentioned if its origins are questionable you might just be accused of something. There’s no point in sending one in just in-case if your not doing anything suspicious…

Get the gold from your friend and perhaps even a message from the e-mail linked to the account as a back up other than that don’t bother support.

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Give me half and I’ll let Anet know the situation so you wont have problems :p

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Oh, come on. Really? It’s one thing to be bitter about the direction they took, but to make the leap that they’d steal from their players? Grow up.

They wouldn’t be stealing. The ToS and all that pretty much outline everything as theirs, and it is not unheard of for a company to do such things.

edit: note that I intimated that they could do something like that. Not an outright accusation that they will. I just do not personally see it being beyond them.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

GW2 Gold question

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

If you want to avoid detection of any bots or what else there is you can just transfer it over by a guild bank. Let your friend deposit the money and take it out yourself.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]