Posted by: Shift Focus.9083

Shift Focus.9083

Man that’s weird, online it’s $40+.

Attachments:

GW2 HoT $25 in store? (Pic)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

some one just stuck that there it is in the wrong spot . my wally marts is $60.00 so yeah its just stuck in the wrong spot . but only if that was the right price ahh then it be worth the buy

Posted by: Amandil.2137

Amandil.2137

Man, i’d love to see that kind of discount in Anet’s shop . There are no sellers on my country for GW2 and i do not wish to buy it from websites like g2a since i heard some people got banned for fraud key thing.

pls anet, make discount.

Shift Focus.9083

Interesting, my camera sucks but on the tag it did say Guild Wars 2, this is in Texas.

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

Interesting, my camera sucks but on the tag it did say Guild Wars 2, this is in Texas.

oh REALLY ????? if the store has price scanner,s like my wally marts does here in the

mid west . scann it and that will tell you the real price. or if you can get a good pic of the

upc bar code . showing it says gw2 hot that really will be a sale

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Amazon (FR) has it for €20 (also the boxed version). It’s really not that odd considering some places had it down to $34 in the months prior to launch. The $20 range however seems like a possible mix-up considering the core game was around that price just a few months ago.

DLGamer.us has the digital version on sale for $37.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Amazon (FR) has it for €20 (also the boxed version). It’s really not that odd considering some places had it down to $34 in the months prior to launch. The $20 range however seems like a possible mix-up considering the core game was around that price just a few months ago.

Doesn’t mean the store isn’t taking a loss on GW2: HoT if they think it isn’t selling well and want to reduce stock.

If it cost them $50 to buy it off of ANet, losing $25 is better than losing $50, if they don’t end up selling all of the keys before HoT gets discontinued.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you buy four of those, you can start your own personal guild!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Stopped at Walmart yesterday and it was $49.96 and was in the right spot.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Stopped at Walmart yesterday and it was $49.96 and was in the right spot.

Walmart probably bought around 1 mil copy’s (11 000 stores and 10 copies per store) and got a huge volume discount, could sell it for $30 and still make a profit.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Interesting, the photo is a bit grainy, but all of the other price labels you can read the items. Yet the Guild Wars 2 one looks all blurry. As if a blur tool were used on it…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I went to my local Wal-Mart to see for myself (because I don’t think it’s worth $50…), and they had it for $49.95 there. The original GW2 is what they had at $25.00. Although, technically, the label they had at mine was actually for GW2: “Heart of Th*rones*”, so it’s anybody’s guess. Hehe.

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Yeah, whoever tagged GW2 HoT for Walmart put in Heart of Th rones. For Sims 4 Get To Work they put in Getto Work. Either they are not very good, or have an odd sense of humor.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

the expansion profit margin muz be pretty low

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Based on my experience working in retail I can think of a few reasons this might happen. The mist likely being:

1) Their prices are set by a (store specific) computer system, the game hasn’t been selling that well in that store and the computer determined it was better to discount it than send the copies they had to another branch.

2) It’s a sales tactic. The cheap product/s get people in the store and looking for other bargains and while they’re there they pick up other stuff at full price.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Or, based on my experience working retail….those who stock can lose focus and place items in the wrong spot.

It’s difficult to know without being able to read the tag.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

^Or, based on my experience working retail….someone forgot to change out an old price that has since changed.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Except it is very, VERY clear that you photoshopped/blurred the word text so that it could be a different game rather than GW2:HoT that belongs there. Thus you’re really doing nothing but starting a controversy by lying to people. Nice job, you fail. Reported too.

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Come on guys, HoT is old news…a lot of places sell it much cheaper now…in a few weeks ANet will be offering a big discount on it.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Shift Focus.9083

Except it is very, VERY clear that you photoshopped/blurred the word text so that it could be a different game rather than GW2:HoT that belongs there. Thus you’re really doing nothing but starting a controversy by lying to people. Nice job, you fail. Reported too.

I don’t own Photoshop nor do I care enough to do such a thing. I’ll go back tomorrow as I work tomorrow and the Wal-Mart is basically within walking distance. I find it funny that you’re so distraught that you’re going to report me. Grow up. I’m just posting this because the game was labeled at $25 and it isn’t like that anywhere else online that I know of (or in store).

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

i used to work for Walmart. i can say with utmoat certainty that it is in the wrong spot. An employee saw the first Guild War sticker and put that there. Video Game prices are actually done by a third party vendor , thats why you normally never see games, or at least good ones clearanced, just “rollbacked”. However the tag is missing both the R that would be on the tag for a rollback item, and clearance labels dont show a proper barcode on the label. Now if you can prove you didnt put HoT there and brought it up to the register they’d have to give it to you for 25 dollars, my walmart checked the cameras for that kitten but I’m not sure about the one you shoo at in particular. The game is worth 50 or walmarts 49.96 just to be a little lower in price (and by a little i mean 3 to 4 cents) i suspect the price at walmart wont change until next summer.

tl;dr walmart employee confirming that this,might not be op kittening sround but just legitimately confused by a careless employees mistake. I would suggest taking this thread down as all it is doing us making a negative environment and you can be faulted for that.

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve seen HoT for sale in the UK for £25. On amazon.co.uk its £28. Both cheaper than buying it of ANet. But then that’s the way things are, I was in game just before Christmas and fallout 4 was also £25. At the end of the day, you can’t keep stock forever. You have to make room for new stock, and the stuff that’s not selling gets reduced to get rid of it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: AIex.4105

AIex.4105

Doesn’t mean the store isn’t taking a loss on GW2: HoT if they think it isn’t selling well and want to reduce stock.

If it cost them $50 to buy it off of ANet, losing $25 is better than losing $50, if they don’t end up selling all of the keys before HoT gets discontinued.

shops dont buy and resell, shops gets paid by publishers or providers for letting their products to be sold in the shops, the more sales the more gain for the shop, the price is setup by the provider or publisher not the shop.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

shops dont buy and resell, shops gets paid by publishers or providers for letting their products to be sold in the shops, the more sales the more gain for the shop, the price is setup by the provider or publisher not the shop.

Not quite, you buy stock for X amount, and sell for Y. That way you cover your overheads. If a publisher set the price, it could lead to store not stocking it as they might not make enough of a profit from the sale of the stock to make it worth there while.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: traviswrdunbar.4780

traviswrdunbar.4780

Yeah, at my local WalMart, I saw it on the shelf and wanted to smack someone. The tag said “Heart of Thrones”.

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I saw it at Walmart for $15 a while back.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

some one just stuck that there it is in the wrong spot . my wally marts is $60.00 so yeah its just stuck in the wrong spot . but only if that was the right price ahh then it be worth the buy

FYI, Walmart’s prices vary significantly from store-to-store.

So much so that I’ve often been behind someone in line stating “Well, this was X at <insert other Walmart here>.”

The managers always state “We don’t price-match other Walmarts or Walmart.com” in a rather stern tone.

Walmart is not like Target or BestBuy with a coherent, consistent system. They can’t even pull up your receipts by credit card (without assistance from the store’s accounting team, who’re only there from 8am to 5pm)

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

They buy the copies in bulk at a rate dependent on the number of copies purchased. The more you buy, the cheaper the rate; this is based on expected demand. When demand increases, the retailers win. When it’s low, the vendor wins. Walmart probably bought hundreds of thousands of the things to store in its warehouses and put on shelves, reducing the price they needed to pay ANet. If they sell poorly, the price converges towards the rate they purchased them for. If they sell really poorly, the retailer takes a loss because that shelf space could be stocked with something else that could make them money, so they try and just liquidate them.

If I had to wager a guess, it’s reached the “not as big of a demand as expected” mark at this retailer; the cost of shipping them out to another one where sales of higher based on the number stocked locally is also probably not worth doing.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I would believe you but this picture, that tag that is blurred (significantly more than the one right next to it at the same angle) doesn’t say Guild Wars 2 at all. The word is too long. I’ve worked at Wal Mart for years and I know their font in my sleep. It’s too long to say Guild Wars 2, it’s something else. Further it clearly doesn’t say PC Guild Wars 2, either like it would. It’s also sitting next to PC Civ V, which is not in order on the mod, because we stock almost all games and movies and books alphabetically. It’s out of place regardless.

Further, who cares if its only 20$? They make most of their money from micro transactions anyway, and if its from a retailer it is the retailer that loses the money because they have to buy it in the first place.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

(edited by Paradox.1380)