GW2 Is Stunningly Beautiful

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

It really is. Sometimes I’m actually sort of overwhelmed with just how much there is and how much detail went into it, or just thinking how much time was spent making it all. Orr for example, there is just so many massive ruins and so much detail put into it, I try to imagine what it looked like before it was sunken.

Unfortunately, my Asuran Clown Car point of view gets in the way of things, FoV as well. Sometimes I will play with my window squashed just to let my eyes breath and really be able to take in the environment, but that ruins my UI and can make it hard to play sometimes. As shown in the last 2 pics.

TLDR; Game’s environmental design/art is incredible.

TLDR2; Camera Woes.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kalocin.5982

Kalocin.5982

I think it looks awesome too, however, I do wish that more npcs and mobs did…things like maybe moving or interacting with the environment. They have this beautiful world and nothing moves. =(

Posted by: Southern Lord.7254

Southern Lord.7254

I spend more time pressing my ‘Print Screen’ button than any of the attack buttons!

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

The art design is particularly excellent.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Ctrl+Shift+H

Use that to remove the UI

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

Not only is it beautifull, but it’s also very original, I haven’t seen anything like Orr before, only maybe in some sci-fi SP games like Halo.

Orr looks like Fallout on steroids.
I wish the music was more on par with the scenery,

Donn’t know maybe some slow gothic-metal-ambient.

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

Posted by: Simon.9752

Simon.9752

Play on highest-resolution and settings and you will see a great difference. The images you posted looks ugly, what’s the resolution of your screen?

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

^ Not really Simon, there isnt much difference in the highest settings compared to the lowest settings (unless u click “best performance option” which then turns the game into a PS1 title lol) the game is actually good looking on all its setting excluding the one i just mentioned lol

The only real difference in high to low is Bloom which imo is one of the worst things ever in mmos…so many games use it to cover up crummy graphics like "ooo its so pretty "…when Bloom should be used sparingly on specific environment objects…

Posted by: robber.4613

robber.4613

I totally disagree kalocin, the world to me is very much alive. Npcs are conversing regularly, often leading into a DE which takes them to another place on the map.

After 2 months I’m still in awe of this amazing world they’ve created, I often just sit on a hill and just observe the world around me.

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

There are very few games I would consider buying the art books for. GW2 is one of those illustrious few.

The vistas are such a great idea, you get rewarded for taking time to look at the artists’ work. Now if only some of them weren’t so painful to get to.

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: bosky.3190

bosky.3190

It’d be nice if we could zoom into first person view to remove our character model, as was possible in GW1. I’ve been taking a ton of screenshots so far but it’s always annoying having a giant Norn blocking the way.
I hope the add better anti-aliasing options soon too, since some of the scenery is ruined by jagged eges.

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

My jaw is constantly dropping to the floor in awe. GW2 is definitely the best looking MMO I’ve ever seen, even tho I haven’t tried TERA which they say is also beautiful.

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

Yeah, My guild started a “Where am I?” picture game to get pictures posted of really cool locations, especially locations that are off the beaten path and wouldn’t necessarily be seen while mapping an area.

I have fun finding really difficult locations for when its my turn to put one up, and then I usually offer up a prize for the first person to find where I was :-)

edit* I’ll attach the latest picture that I posted for the game :-)

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: K Cross.3458

K Cross.3458

I wish the music was more on par with the scenery,

That’s something I noticed, the overall soundtrack is good, but it’s not that good. It’s a pity that this game’s music doesn’t share the same epicness of it’s scenery.

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

Here are some of my favorite screenshots from my first journey to level 80.

Hunting down places for some nice shots was a lot of fun.

Attachments:

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

GW2 certainly has done quite a nice job with the environments and they are certainly beautiful and one of the best. But, I don’t know that I’d use the term “stunningly”. I’d save that word for games like TERA.