GW2 Longevity and you!

GW2 Longevity and you!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Hello all! I just wanted to get a simple yet civilized discussion about your feelings of Guild Wars 2’s longevity for you personally and for the GW2 population in general

Personally, I don’t know how long this game will stay at a reasonable high population, again i will mention the word “personally” from my experience and my mates this games “end-game” and most aspects of PVE are quite grindy and boring.

The reason I would say this is, I originally came to this game with a guild of 23 people, 10 friends from real life and 13 from other games/steam. I am now the last player from my guild, everyone else has quit.

I think this game has a big longevity problem which stems from PVE becoming a grind of dungeons amounting to nothing , many of my friends were strictly PVEers (im a PVPer) and didn’t enjoy the only reward at level 80 being cosmetic, they quickly got bored of lfgs to grind fractals as in their eyes it was a waste of time. Now all my friends quit within the first 3 months.

I found this extremely odd as they were the ones who got me into this game, i hated the combat, classes, lack of customization and diversity in the first month and took a 1 month break. Also I found it odd as my irl friends were huge mmoers they have never bought a game and played it for less than 6 months, that worried me that 4 months of GW2 was enough for them.

I’ve stopped playing this decemeber, logged in about 2 times to check the wintersday event as there is nothing to sper me to play with no friends playing, spvp is pointless and I find Pve in this game terribly boring, I’m just thinking what are others thinking about this.

Also do not reply with “i don’t know what your talking about blah blah blah my guild is active and bursting at the seems” I want to get a discussion on the games longevity not your opinion how populated the game is.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Terribly sorry to hear your guild failed. Maybe you should join an active one?

Mine is doing great. 60-100 people logged on at any given time, generally up to 250 people a day (btw, you can check the daily logins under the transaction tab on the guild pane)

We run dungeons, do some WvW, lots of events, and people working on their legendaries. I can’t hardly keep up with gchat these days.

The game is still young. As it continues to add MORE FREE CONTENT and MORE FEATURES each and every month FOR FREE, it’s going to be (as Angry Joe said) the nail in the coffin for paid subscription models.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This is assuming ArenaNet doesnt take some kind of action – vis a vis server merges or (what most people want) creative use of the overflow system to keep zones as full as possible.

I do think it is time for them to do something. The game has been out a few months, so were seeing some of the natural attrition that comes with these games. The worlds definitely dont feel as full as they should be like they did in the month following launch.

I dont think its a marker for the end though – just an indication that its time for the developer to take proactive measures to ensure the game stays populated for everyone.

As far as gameplay itself, there are plenty of people who still find it compelling and really fun – including myself (been playing since first beta weekend). We just have too many servers right now for the number of active players. Its a problem all MMOs face after the early rush – but it isnt one that is unsolvable.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

(btw, you can check the daily logins under the transaction tab on the guild pane)

Doesn’t work properly.

One of my guilds has only ever had the same 3 people in it, no more, no less, and it says 8 people logged in today.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Straylight.7408

Straylight.7408

(btw, you can check the daily logins under the transaction tab on the guild pane)

Doesn’t work properly.

One of my guilds has only ever had the same 3 people in it, no more, no less, and it says 8 people logged in today.

Guilds grow and die over time. It’s like the changing of seasons! (how poetic) Maybe it’s time for you to find a more active guild? I’m sure there are lots of them, you just have to find them;)

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

My guilds the same way we had about 20 people on at the same time at any given time. Now I’m lucky to see 5.

Lack of rewards was the biggest factor i believe it was the most complained about problem with pve and rightly so. Loot just disappeared and with it goes the players. I too have not logged in since last week. There’s absolutely no point. People tell me “well you should have had mf gear on in the dungeons and you’ll get loots” well actually that’s not 100% for everyone, people I’ve talked to all seem to have the same issue, the dungeons don’t provide anywhere near the loot they should for their difficulty level, and mf just causes more problems then it solves. Then there’s also the issue of not requiring me to run a dungeon in a game that was supposed to be all about the open world DE’s. Try to do anything open world run into the same issues. Dragon events drop nothing now. Hidden chests used to give great rewards and were affected by mf in open world, not anymore. PVE zones that have good resources are out of this world crazy hard to navigate as a pve soloer like Orr. Can’t finish anything or get solo loot thru farming without having to go into a pvp zone of WvW.

So I know exactly where you are coming from Kakeru.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Define longevity.

If its covering every content available currently, and disregarding all those Legendary farming, its pretty short. At this point, there are still a few things to do, but rl might get in the way. And tv shows.That’s the thing. It’s easy to think that gamers are typically yknow, 1/2 rl and 1/2 gaming life, so after a couple of months of chain-playing a game, you finish it and you move on? But there’s a lot of other things too.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: ghull.3571

ghull.3571

I was as excited and hyped about this game as anyone. I followed every news bite I could find, participated in every BWE, etc. When the game launched I was extremely let down. Crafting system is awful, no dungeon finder tool, dungeons are a cluster F with no defined way to tell how/who draws aggro. Dungeons just turn into a dps zerg, die, respawn and reenter the fray over and over again. There were so many buggy quests that would stop your quest chain I became really disappointed and quit playing months ago. I logged in about a month ago and tried to play but just couldn’t get the feeling back and logged out again. I only keep it because I’ve already paid for it and there’s no sub fee. The hype around “Dynamic” events changing my world turned out to not be true (they only change for 3 minutes until they reset). The personal stories are boring at best and only have basically 4 weapon attacks (the 5th is just an auto-attack) left me wanting so much more after reading what I thought this game was going to be.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

The servers aren’t dead and I don’t believe they changed the population ranges to display “full” when there are less people online… it’s just that no one is in a place where you can see them. Endgame is all about running an instance for the best gear, now, so that is where everyone is. They are either idling in a city looking for a group for it, or they are in the instance itself.

The players are still there, they just aren’t doing open world content anymore.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Doomsayers come and go, but GW2 will go on. Check back in 2015 and you’ll see the same posts repeated over and over again.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

The servers aren’t dead and I don’t believe they changed the population ranges to display “full” when there are less people online… it’s just that no one is in a place where you can see them. Endgame is all about running an instance for the best gear, now, so that is where everyone is. They are either idling in a city looking for a group for it, or they are in the instance itself.

For your “average” “casual” mmo player then, the servers dead.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

For your “average” “casual” mmo player then, the servers dead.

I am an “average” “casual” player, but I always find enough people to do whatever content I want.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

Game is going to be around for years to come! Big updates already with huge ones to come shortly. My server is packed to the rim with people. From the low zones to the high. Game keeps getting better and better and it seems more and more people are coming.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

I think the game is on track. From a depth of content perspective, it’s a bit lacking when compared against the meter stick of GW1, but it’s very early in its life cycle, so that’s to be expected.

I think the make or break point for GW2 will come with their first expansion. Fractals of the mists ain’t bad, but we need more dungeons, and more PvE zones… I’m very interested to see some areas of the map in GW2 that we never explored in GW1: Blood Legion homelands anyone?

A-net has a strong title, and I have no fear that there is enough demand for more to be built on it.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: stormdragon.4932

stormdragon.4932

I’m having fun and if they stick to the expansion schedule of GW1 I will have fun for a few years to come.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Nayru.4537

Game is going to be around for years to come! Big updates already with huge ones to come shortly. My server is packed to the rim with people. From the low zones to the high. Game keeps getting better and better and it seems more and more people are coming.

Big updates already? Which ones? Holiday events don’t count as they are only around for a couple weeks if that.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

It is pretty hard to find people for dungeons if you do not use gw2lfg.com, even at peak times.

The only content in this game that you can not deplete is PvP and WvW, because those things are not static.

Because there is no real challenge in PvE, you simply walk/run through the content, more as an observer, and when you reached the finish line, well, you are done, nothing more to come except farming for legendaries.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Karizee.8076

Big updates already? Which ones? Holiday events don’t count as they are only around for a couple weeks if that.

Both The Shadow of the Mad King patch and the Lost Shores patch brought new permanent content to the game outside of holiday activities.

The January and February patch together will be an expac worth of content. Free I might add.

GW2 Longevity and you!

stormdragon.4932

It is pretty hard to find people for dungeons if you do not use gw2lfg.com, even at peak times.

The only content in this game that you can not deplete is PvP and WvW, because those things are not static.

Because there is no real challenge in PvE, you simply walk/run through the content, more as an observer, and when you reached the finish line, well, you are done, nothing more to come except farming for legendaries.

Yep if you are that type of gamer, most folks I know have plenty to do still and they aren’t farming anything….maybe one day folks will get that GW2 isn’t this hardcore wonderland and actually find a MMO that suits them.

GW2 Longevity and you!

BUTTERBLUME.3217

If you knew me, you would know I have ‘completed’ the PvE content except the grindy things.
And there is not more to do if you have done that. It is a fact.

I am happy if you prove me wrong, because I like this game, but I am not going to lie about my situation because of that.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: SharDarksoul.3024

SharDarksoul.3024

I think people forget that this game is not subscription based. People can quit playing whenever they like, and return when they want to.

When there are no updates for a while, the population of a server will go down until new upgrades are provided.

It’ll go up and down and up and down for atleast a few years.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Nayru.4537

Both The Shadow of the Mad King patch and the Lost Shores patch brought new permanent content to the game outside of holiday activities.

The January and February patch together will be an expac worth of content. Free I might add.

Mad King is halloween.

GW2 Longevity and you!

stormdragon.4932

If you knew me, you would know I have ‘completed’ the PvE content except the grindy things.

I am happy if you prove me wrong, because I like this game, but I am not going to lie about my situation because of that.

Sorry I’m not lieing, I have fun daily in GW2 I’m sorry that you don’t

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Mad King is halloween.

And permanent is permanent (eg, lasting longer than Halloween).

GW2 Longevity and you!

Karizee.8076

Mad King is halloween.

It is indeed. We also got a ton of permanent content with that patch that stayed in the game after the holday event including over 50 dynamic events, the Skritt Burglar, mini-dungeons, Modus Sceleris, jumping puzzles, a new mini-game, and a bunch of achievements, new mats, recipes, skins, town clothes, etc.

(edited by Karizee.8076)

GW2 Longevity and you!

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Sorry I’m not lieing, I have fun daily in GW2 I’m sorry that you don’t

Oh, I am not accusing you of lying at all.
If you have content left to enjoy, I am happy for you.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

If Arenanet lets WvW die this game will die. The only part of this game that shows any consistant activity is WvW. If Arenanet continues to build upon and improve this part of the game then GW2 will be immortal. Everything else pales in comparison. Dungeons get old. Dynamic Events get old.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Knightmare.1860

Knightmare.1860

I kinda agree with the OP here. I was so hyped up for the game, even pre-ordered the game for 3 day head start. The no trinity sounds promising, and all classes can range/melee sounds cool as well.

But after playing I find that the no trinity and all classes can do everything makes everything homogeneous. The world bosses and dungeons are just a gankfest. And there aren’t any real gear upgrades at level 80, so you’ve experienced the content once there’s really no point of keep grinding the dungeons. Theres no satisfaction of getting more powerful as you keep playing like most rpgs.

This is a cool game and I do want it to keep going. I’ve stopped playing a while ago and now getting back to check it out. But I just don’t find any incentive to play. I dunno about other people but running around the map or spending hours collecting and grinding for a gear that only looks better isn’t gonna cut it for me.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Straylight.7408

I kinda agree with the OP here. I was so hyped up for the game, even pre-ordered the game for 3 day head start. The no trinity sounds promising, and all classes can range/melee sounds cool as well.

But after playing I find that the no trinity and all classes can do everything makes everything homogeneous. The world bosses and dungeons are just a gankfest. And there aren’t any real gear upgrades at level 80, so you’ve experienced the content once there’s really no point of keep grinding the dungeons. Theres no satisfaction of getting more powerful as you keep playing like most rpgs.

This is a cool game and I do want it to keep going. I’ve stopped playing a while ago and now getting back to check it out. But I just don’t find any incentive to play. I dunno about other people but running around the map or spending hours collecting and grinding for a gear that only looks better isn’t gonna cut it for me.

Maybe Anet did not want to create a game where you have to grind dungeons over and over again. Maybe they wanted to aim their game at a playerbase who hates dungeongrinding….like me! I always hated grinding dungeons in WoW (because I think it’s the most pointless thing ever) and I’m so glad I don’t have to grind dungeons in Gw2 anymore.
If you enjoy grinding dungeons (and you have every right to enjoy that, it’s personal preference afterall) why don’t you play that other MMO who offers that?

So many people on this forums who don’t realize that Anet wants to be different instead of copying the same principles over and over again.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Karizee.8076

Maybe Anet did not want to create a game where you have to grind dungeons over and over again. Maybe they wanted to aim their game at a playerbase who hates dungeongrinding….like me! I always hated grinding dungeons in WoW (because I think it’s the most pointless thing ever) and I’m so glad I don’t have to grind dungeons in Gw2 anymore.
If you enjoy grinding dungeons (and you have every right to enjoy that, it’s personal preference afterall) why don’t you play that other MMO who offers that?

So many people on this forums who don’t realize that Anet wants to be different instead of copying the same principles over and over again.

In light of both the critical and popular acclaim GW2 has recieved, you are in the majority.

I LOVE that my legendary will always be legendary (once I get it haha), that it won’t be replaced on the very next content patch. Now that was a pointless waste of time if ever I saw one!

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Every Very High – Full world I’ve tried have been near enough dead.

Stormbluff Isle
Sanctum of Rall
Blackgate
Crystal Desert
Gandara
Desolation

List goes on, so I can imagine what other worlds are like.

Tarnished Coast is apparently busy, but that’s role players.

Won’t last as long as GW1 did.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Gandara is doing fine. Even the 1-15 zones are full of people, tried Caledon Forest recently? Queensdale? Maybe Wayfarer Foothills? All of them full. Also, higher level zones are as busy as ever, from zones like Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Iron Marches and Mount Maelstrom to the “regular” ones like Frostgorge and Cursed Shore there are always people around doing events, I find it very nice that I can around and do events with lots of people instead of soloing them, as lots of people think it happens in the game. Try playing the game for a while, then come and post again

GW2 Longevity and you!

Karizee.8076

Stormbluff Isle
Sanctum of Rall
Blackgate
Crystal Desert
Gandara
Desolation

Sorry to burst your bubble but Gandara is doing fine. Even the 1-15 zones are full of people, tried Caledon Forest recently? Queensdale? Maybe Wayfarer Foothills? All of them full. Also, higher level zones are as busy as ever, from zones like Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Iron Marches and Mount Maelstrom to the “regular” ones like Frostgorge and Cursed Shore there are always people around doing events, I find it very nice that I can around and do events with lots of people instead of soloing them, as lots of people think it happens in the game. Try playing the game for a while, then come and post again

Same with Sanctum of Rall.

Overflow servers at 8am PST.
Hundreds of people in zones everywhere.
Queues for WvW in primetime.

Busiest MMO I’ve ever seen.

GW2 Longevity and you!

maddoctor.2738

Fractals was a big update, I mean the karka event update that brought the Fractals. And despite what you may think the holiday events in Guild Wars 2 were by far more interesting and content-rich than in most other MMORPGs out there. Oh right, they weren’t offering best-gear so didn’t care for them? That’s why you don’t count them maybe?

January/February updates are incoming as well, and when they say they’ll be bigger than the previous combined, I for one believe them 100%.

And try playing the game before posting, it doesn’t need a sub, your whole post history is full of garbage

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Knightmare.1860

Knightmare.1860

Yes grinding is boring, and I also do not enjoy grinding. But isn’t doing the same dungeons and getting a legendary also a grind? It’s just a grind for looks instead of stats.
If you don’t grind dungeons or grind gear then what do you do in this game? Unless you really like the dungeons, and don’t care if the gear is better or not, then good for you

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Xiccarph.7352

Xiccarph.7352

Just some thoughts from the grey jelly between my ears:

I liked the idea that LOTRO had in regard to legendary weapons, that gain exp on their own and be upgraded from time to time, but they did not have at start, it took some time to put that together. Maybe armor could have something similar?

I loved the personal stories from SWTOR, I did not play every class, but the ones I did I enjoyed greatly. I still miss Hut Ball, lol, but keg brawl is fun, it just needs some obsatcles and maybe a couple of additional levels/platforms.

I love the anti-trinity in GW2. I do think the bosss fights need some additional mechanics for players to contend with, there are some, but most groups simply adopt the zerg-fest tactic instead of giving thouth to the fights. The respawn and run back into the fight is just too easy. Add some specific needs for buffs/debuffs, some crowd control, and mix in tihe the heals and dps. Have the bosses turn some of the players tactics against them. Have some puzzles in boss fights to work through. I have not really run any Fractals yet so maybe that has been implemented there.

GW2 is just getting rolling. I love the dynamic feel of the game and look forward to seeing more. Happy new year!

GW2 Longevity and you!

maddoctor.2738

Stormbluff Isle
Sanctum of Rall
Blackgate
Crystal Desert
Gandara
Desolation

Burst my bubble? What bubble? Just stating the fact that Gandara is dead. The game will definitely need a server merge if it is to survive much longer.

It’s not a fact. Try logging into the game before posting, get your FACTS straight and stop your worthless trolling. You appear on every thread posting misinformed non-sense, total garbage without ANY basis.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Nayru.4537

Stormbluff Isle
Sanctum of Rall
Blackgate
Crystal Desert
Gandara
Desolation

Overflow in Lions Arch during holiday event? :O Praise Balthazar.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Karizee.8076

Overflow everyday in Lion’s Arch. Holiday or not. Been that way for MONTHS

Your “the game is dead” posts would be better served on the forums of another game….one that has a subscription and hundreds of dead servers maybe?

GW2 Longevity and you!

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Have not hit an overflow LA for quite some time now, last one was when the final Tixx stop took place.

GW2 Longevity and you!

maddoctor.2738

Have not hit an overflow LA for quite some time now, last one was when the final Tixx stop took place.

It depends on server I guess, I’m always on an overflow in Gandara even very early in the morning or late in the evening.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Straylight.7408

Yes grinding is boring, and I also do not enjoy grinding. But isn’t doing the same dungeons and getting a legendary also a grind? It’s just a grind for looks instead of stats.
If you don’t grind dungeons or grind gear then what do you do in this game? Unless you really like the dungeons, and don’t care if the gear is better or not, then good for you

I’m trying to explore all the zones (at roughly 50% right now). I guess I’m just not playing that much. But I can understand for someone who does, he/she will hit a wall at some point where there isn’t much to do anymore. But isn’t that the beauty of GW2? You can play something else and come back when there’s more to do. No subscription.

Burst my bubble? What bubble? Just stating the fact that Gandara is dead. The game will definitely need a server merge if it is to survive much longer.

It’s not a fact. Try logging into the game before posting, get your FACTS straight and stop your worthless trolling. You appear on every thread posting misinformed non-sense, total garbage without ANY basis.

Finally someone said it. Nayru is doing nothing but provoking and hate-spewing all day long.

On topic: I’m playing on Aurora Glade and LA is the only map in need of an overflow. Other zones appear very healthy though. I can’t remember the last time where I was forced to do a DE alone. There are people everywhere. I’m sure the numbers will drop after the holidays but GW2 dying out? no way…

GW2 Longevity and you!

BUTTERBLUME.3217

There are quite a few new players, but the cash shop is poorly designed, which would be the main reason for the game dying at some point. Many players does not necessarily guarantee a long life, because the thing is free to play after initial purchase.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

I will still play this for years to come (maybe GW3 as well? :p). The story and the world it self (mainly GW1, GW2 was kinda meh compared to it) has always amazed me more than what Blizzard can come up with (gj on the kungkittenpandas btw). They will eventually improve over time, the way they improved GW1, it’s unfortunate the game had become the best it could, only in the last few months. If they work fast on GW2, and listen to the few brilliant suggestions out there, it will be great in the long run, and not leave it for when the game dies.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

I will stick around for the next two big patches and purchase 1 expansion to see if the devs in charge of quests rewards, dungeon mechanics, encounters, pvp, gemstore, farming, grinding, get their act together.

The artwork, sound, scenic views and exploration are really top notch, but those are the only saving graces in GW2. The rest of the game pretty much sucks due to the the people in charge. No imagination, no innovation, and lots of devs stating they are amazing, as touted on these very forums, well certain sections are not.

As i have stated, the people that made the world, assembly, art, did a beyond great job, the ones that inserted many ill conceived game mechanics, well they get no love from me as is well known.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

You grind dungeons for skins/legendaries. Same difference, just that here you ALSO grind WvW and PvE. (And now Fractals, the same 5? over and over and over and…)

If you are not the grind type then there is NOTHING to do in this game.

What are you doing when you play this game?

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

When GW1 came out, I didn’t have internet or a good pc. I noticed it coming out, and looked fun and interesting, but I couldn’t play it.

Years later, I have net and a nice pc and start playing mmo’s. I never went back to GW1 because it had been several years, and I suspected that it was long dead.

I was totally wrong, and the more I read these forums and posts from GW1 vets, I’m sad that I missed out on the golden years.

Whatever happens next, I’m really glad I was here from launch. I think this game is amazing in many ways. I’m excited for the future.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Straylight.7408

You grind dungeons for skins/legendaries. Same difference, just that here you ALSO grind WvW and PvE. (And now Fractals, the same 5? over and over and over and…)

If you are not the grind type then there is NOTHING to do in this game.

What are you doing when you play this game?

I wrote that in my last message, you might have missed it.

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Cushnahan.7058

Cushnahan.7058

After one week of playing I was lvl80 on my first character and did dungeon and fractals grind for one week. By then I was bored out of my mind.
I started a new character, did not like it at all and quit until a week ago, because I wanted to see if the Wintersday event was any good. Turns out it was not, it was annoying and especially if you were late to it, it was hard to find a group to do it. (Was not hard, so I did all of mine with 3… but nvm that) The rewards were mainly accountbound, and I don’t like either of the minis.

What I dislike:
Guild Wars 2 is way too easy to play as everything gives EXP. There are no lore-rules (Such as that fire does more damage on trolls, ‘holy’ on undead, that Flying monsters can only be killed by ranged as they fly), which make the game repetitive and boring. Every monster is practically the same, in about 50 different disguises. There is no weakness of a certain monster to anything (except for those potions +% damage on Flame Legion/SoS/etc).

The maps are practically all the same. If it’s called Gendarran Fields, Queensdale or Kessex hills, it looks alike. Same goes for Brisban Wildlands, Caledon Forest, Mount Mael or Snowden Drifts/Foothills/Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

There is no really exciting map in the entire game. Comparing it to GW1, GW2 failed at creating nice maps. Secondly, the maps are way too huge. IMO one map should be one area. It’s really bothersome to run across the whole of Frostgorge Sound to get to Fireheart Rise.
Also: The variety of monsters is not huge enough for such vast maps. Monsters are repetitive as well as the maps they are on. If you look at real life, animals vary from area to area, but on GW2 it’s always the same, just with a different name.
While in Maguuma Jungle there is the Jungle Spider, in Snowden Drifts it is the Cave Spider and in Queensdale the Spider/Hatchling.
Same goes for Trolls, Jungle Trolls, Ice trolls and Cave trolls. Other examples would be the Wolves, bears, minotaurs, skales, drakes, raptors. Practically they are on every single map in the game (except some are not on the starting areas, surprisingly) which makes the game REPETITIVE and BORING.
There is also the fact that any monster is everywhere, without regards to its built. So in a really icy area there’s worms (which usually like warm and moist spots), there is fish such as barracula in almost every lake (be it warm or ice cold) and so on.

WvW is the most boring feature of them all. The maps are all the same, there’s like 2 or 3 events you can do (and if some don’t ‘get attacked’, such as the caravan, there is no reward at all), the maps are incredibly tedious and the monsters are the same as outside. (I expected something more like a few humanoid mobs running at you because after all it’s supposed to be a war, right? 5 players from RoS VS 20 from RoF is not my idea of war. Should add some Mobs to it too)
Then, you cannot find a group for WvW and without it’s boring as well. Suggestion: Make WvW party-dependant? Aka you get sorted into a party as soon as you enter the map.

What I like:
Events, especially meta-events. Those are fun to do and get you in touch with other players. The more, the merrier.

Fractals of the Mists: All except the dredge one are hella fun. I don’t think they are boring at all and I love doing them. In fact, that is the only thing I do in GW2 anymore, but I often get frustrated by idiotic people such as ‘Only the heavies have to pick up the cultist hammer’ and people who fail swamp with 2 portals in the group.

Result:

For me, Guild Wars 2 is really not worth playing. That’s a face that all my friends agreed on and like many, my guild of friends with about 20 players is now reduced to 2.
Guild Wars 1 was the best game ever made in my opinion, and nothing can ever compare to it. I had high hopes in GW2, but they were very much disappointed.

There seems to be a lot of developing in GW2, but it was all for the worse. I realise that the game took long to make, and that it IS a brilliant game because there is new content and it has a unique overall style, but: It is extremely tedious and freaking boring. Guild Wars 2 is huge, too huge for the lack of variety.

I guess I wont be seeing how it develops, because after a month I’m already so bored that I cannot continue playing without falling into a slumber on my screen. I’d rather study for my exams, and that’s never happened to me before in a game. (I used to play WoW for 5 years non stop, and although I hate Diablo 3, I have to admit it is better than GW2.)

GW2 Longevity and you!

Nayru.4537

Overflow everyday in Lion’s Arch. Holiday or not. Been that way for MONTHS

Your “the game is dead” posts would be better served on the forums of another game….one that has a subscription and hundreds of dead servers maybe?

Overflows in Lion’s Arch. There’s proof the game is active!

GW2 Longevity and you!

Posted by: Quartz.3462

Quartz.3462

I love GW2 so far and I see myself playing for several months at the least. I’m only a casual player so I have lots of the game to experience still but I can’t say I’m bored with it. If I do get bored I’ll just stop playing, wait for some content patch to arrive and play that That’s the thing I like about GW2 – it’s very casual friendly and I don’t feel like I’m forced to keep playing to keep up. I can just play a little bit when I want and then stop playing if I get bored.

I wish some zones were more populated though. The best bit about PvE for me are the dynamic events and at launch they were just too busy and far too easy with the HUGE zergs! By the time I hit later levels it was the right density. Now it’s a little too low for me as I’m leveling my second character. Maybe merge low populated areas together in a single overflow to increase player density?