GW2 NEEDS n.m monsters - Idea!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Q:

After reading the various posts about content etc, and other issues plaguing the game especially being so long after launch, players are getting bored. I had a pretty decent idea which honestly, could really work well in GW2 – not only it could solve many problems.

What is an N.M monster? Essentially, a notorious monster used in many different MMos. These monsters are considered on a range scale from rare to super rare spawn rate and always contain some of the best equipment possible. This got me thinking, this could work exceptionally well in GW2, not only it could fix the pre-cursor issues but also add in new events and new cosmetic items, plus would increase overall player co-operation in finding these rare monsters. These N.M could also be both solo and group style fights, lets say two N.M per zone and these fights could have a treasure table specific for the fight, so you could get ‘lucky’ or you could get ‘super lucky’

This could be used to deploy new skin types, thus increasing the amount of different looking players in the game, also could be a way to acquire pre-cursors and many different items, including pets.

Example ~

Queensdale
N.M – Bandit King
Type: Group NM
Level X
Special Attacks: Summons bandit swarm (10 adds every 25% HP loss)
Each member of his entourage has a specific special attack
Reward:
Lowest reward ~ Pirate’s Cutlass Skin
Highest reward ~ Zap
Spawn Time ~ Once every 3 – 4 days

Queensdale
N.M Sky Griffon
Type: Solo N.M (Veteran Level)
Level X
Special Attacks: AoE knockback, Summons 2 regular Griffons occasionally
Reward:
Lowest reward ~ Winged Boots Skin
Highest reward ~ Griffon pet
Spawn Time: 12 hours

With a system like this, it would definitely increase player presence in all areas. The trick would be to have the N.M spawn in various different locations with a non-logical path to prevent bots from farming them, not that a bot could solo farm a group based one.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Senryi.4897

Senryi.4897

These already happen in the form of Dynamic Event boss mobs.

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

They don’t, they don’t have unique drop tables for instance. N.M monsters are not events for a start. They are like regular mobs, just unique that separates them from the rest. If you’ve played many Triple A MMos, you would know what they are. How many players here played FF11 or Everquest 1? Camping there NMs was some of the best/fun and most frustrating times ever lol ~ Frustrating as finding an NM that another player had already tagged.

Get it taken down -

Posted by: Cryostrike.2948

Cryostrike.2948

i kind of like this idea. and to add on. i think gw2 kind of already does this but. each area should have different monsters. not just different skins. like i see wolves all the time. and they’re all exactly the same, pretty much. however maybe like.. i don’t remember if the plains of ashford had wolves but. there could be a dire wolf. a much larger and deadlier wolf then the average ones. and it doesn’t summon. maybe it howls to cause a fear effect. and perhaps there will be another snow wolf in the environment that causes chill on howl or have an attack called frost fang. like a different type for each environment. and on occasion a veteran monster will show up.

“Hide in your keep. Put up your siege.
I’m coming for you.”

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

great idea, hope they add it.
How about onlying letting them spawn in pre 80 level areas so people might come back to them?

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Thing is, all GW2 boss monsters are just not utilized properly at all, example ~ look at some fights in Orr, like Balt ~ sure you could say thats an ‘NM’ fight but its drop rate for anything is a laugh, your reward and only reward really is the karma vendor.

What I’m talking about is a whole new set of monsters/bosses completely separate from these sorry excuses =P

Its like with Claw of Jomag, sure you can say those bosses drop chests…but in all reality, the chances for actually getting something ‘good’ from those chests, again is a joke.

What I’m talking about is a literally, 100% surefire chance of getting something good, whether its a unique skin, a cool looking pet, a cosmetic just-for-fun or a pre-cursor. This gives the players of all calibers something to work towards, its doable by everyone.

Heck, for Level 80 NM you could even slap on ascended items as part of the treasure tables.

Get it taken down -

(edited by TsukasaHiiragi.9730)

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

I second this greatly.

Magummadweller

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

How many players here played FF11 or Everquest 1? Camping there NMs was some of the best/fun and most frustrating times ever lol ~

I played EQ1, and that is NOT a game you want to copy. We can, however, learn from it.

I remember the camps for those things back in the day, calling them frustrating is a massive understatement. We do NOT need “NMs” that are a low chance to spawn, or spawn only every few days.

However… Say they set out a small series of things you can do. None of them unusually hard, but they take a bit of time and travel. Each item gives you something. Turn these items in (may require combining them into one item in the Mystic Forge, first), and the NM will appear. Suddenly, there’s no camping, no frustration that the NM keeps appearing while you’re at work. It’s the players that trigger it, not luck. The subquests to make this happen are what slow down how often it’s spawned, and can be set to make the process as rare or common as the Devs want it to be.

I think a player activated spawn would be much more player friendly. However, in either version, I wouldn’t hold my breath for excessively better loot. It would be bad for the game for any NM to become “the best path” to a special end.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

This is a thinly veiled excuse to throw gear at players for farming certain mobs. Please no.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Farming leaping lizzy for weeks w.o a drop was not fun :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

More or less like the dragons, but not THAT exact way, this makes me think of Valento from Priston Tale (hint my id lol) or other similar creatures that drop specific and very desirable stuff.

This would fit incredibly well in this game, these could be legendary n.m bosses.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer