GW2 , No vetran player wanted

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

I play this game for 3 years already..and it made a really nice start (sure some bugs and lags here and there.but its working fine now)….what was the best was the opened world..everyone somehow teamed up to master a difficult situation..it even worked without the chat..everyone was helping the other..and the content was well balanced between easy and difficult. Also there were many updates which gave player enough to do…so it never felt boring or that there is not enough to do…

but …..like 1,5 or 2 years..the game became to focused on new player..content got easier(extremly easy..like 5 monster per wave in a group event for 3 player) so easy that it was no fun…also the big content giving updates stoped…and most updates were there to help only new player and made it more difficult for vetrans to lvl alts. (sure the changed were good for new player..but..what about making something for vetran player?)
And now the opened world died out for player who got good gear and skills most vetran player…if they still play the game..farm dungeon..every day the same…or farm any other stuff…thats o fun at all….the opened world got sooooo much potential to be good…but its all to easy and unrewarding for vetran player

I truly hope changes will be made…

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

You/we are not the target audience anymore, new players is where the money is, and in 2 years new players today will be saying the same thing, as you/we are today.

Sadly for us long term players its either suck it up or move on. (luckily for me there are some great games out for the PC over the last few weeks and coming months, so moving on wont be an issue)

There are 2 groups of players in this game, those who love the game and only play a few hours a day/week, and those who play a lot and are bored.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Quite impressive to have been playing a game for 3 years when it have only been out for about 2,5.

I am also questioning if you have tried the new areas or the new/updated world bosses. Since they are very much not easier than stuff at launch.

You are also missing the fact that there is an expansion coming that is basically only for veteran players (only contains max-level stuff as far as we know).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

moony.5780

well…i met new player who got the same problem i have just after 6 months…bcs there r no updates like there used to be..and things r too easy so there is no need to train on fighting..just go full zerk and kill things before they hit u

moony.5780

@lordkrall

I played it even more than 3 years to be accurate..bcs i played it in the first beta.

i wanted to write this..but i though people know the beta started 3 years ago …so i would look stupid^^

and yes i know i played every new area (everything from it) and i also know there is an expansion on the way….but that game is dead for 1,5 years for vetran player

(edited by moony.5780)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

@lordkrall

I played it even more than 3 years to be accurate..bcs i played it in the first beta.

i wanted to write this..but i though people know the beta started 3 years ago …so i would look stupid^^

But the betas were beta weekends and only added all up a few days to your play time. Just saying.

lordkrall.7241

@lordkrall

and yes i know i played every new area (everything from it) and i also know there is an expansion on the way….but that game is dead for 1,5 years for vetran player

That is not how it works..

If I played once during the head-start and then didn’t play for 1,5 years, I haven’t been playing for 1,5 years.

You have played the new areas and yet you claim that everything is super-easy and only focus on new players?

I have played the game more or less daily since head-start, and the game is far from dead for me. The last 1,5 years ago have added plenty of stuff for veteran players.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Winter.1374

Winter.1374

I suppose I count as a new player, but I run into trouble enough.. like personal story it makes absolutely no sense after lv 70 .. I got the game for the personal story xD

the expansion is announced now so I suppose there will be stuff to do for veteran players again (when its finally out of beta)
untill then.. try getting into the beta?

moony.5780

i also played the game daily^^ thats why i noticed that not the game is dead…but the old opened world areas r dead and too easy..even they r the most beautiful and got so much unused potential…..but all r forced to make dungeons or sw farm if they want reward and challange

i remember the old orr….everywhere monster..and hard to survive…now its just …..y…

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As far as I remember they’ve only ever released one update specifically targeted at new players (the September 2014 Feature Pack) and they only stopped releasing new content 3 months ago.

I can see how it’s frustrating for people who have done everything, but to say they only made updates for 1.5 years and everything since has been for new players is a massive exaggeration.

If anything the start of Season 2 (about a year ago) was when they started focusing specifically on veteran players because that was when all the living story releases became level 80 only and had harder achievements added instead of ‘enter this mini game 50 times’ style temporary ones.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

moony.5780

i know i made the post sounds harsh…but tell me the true..r u not bored when u go back to the old areas? …when all got so easy..and its not rewarding to climb up high mountains or reach difficult places?
I love this game..and i just noticed it really lack some changes for vetran player…(at least a hardmode where someone get downscalled but get more reward while that)

lordkrall.7241

I don’t play for rewards. I play for fun. (And I mainly play WvW).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

moony.5780

i also play the game for fun…but its no fun to make a difficult jp for only 1 green item….its no fun to make challanges and then get just a blue item

lordkrall.7241

But that means that you play it for the rewards rather than the content itself.
Guild Wars 2 have never been about that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I think I disagree to an extent with the OP – Yes, they’ve added a lot of NPE to the game, especially with the September Feature pack.

But I think with a lot of the content, especially the Dry Top, Silverwastes and Living World Season 2 story has been for Veteran AND Loyal players. They’ve also done little things to help us vets more than we may realise, such as making Karma account bound, the wallet system, Black Lion Tickets etc.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

moony.5780

..if i would play it for reward …i would only go to dungeons and farm sw….so i would not complain about the jp´s beeing not rewarding….bcs i am doing jp´s a lot.they r the most fun..but..there is no fun to make a jp´s a 2nd time bcs there is no special reward about it..it feels like just beeing farmed for that 1 green item. …when i reached the top..there is nothing special…so after 40 min jumping..the only feeling i have is…“ok now jump down and do it again..it doenst matter if u make it 3 or 100 times..nothing gona change for u”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No game can hold onto all of their players so it’s natural to look at getting new players to replace the, even if only temporary, departed.

Content designed to satisfy existing players usually means high end which new players will have to take time to get to and they feel discouraged that they can’t participate when it comes out. There’s a reason WoW is offering a “Instant 90” option for only $60.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

You/we are not the target audience anymore, new players is where the money is, and in 2 years new players today will be saying the same thing, as you/we are today.

Sadly for us long term players its either suck it up or move on. (luckily for me there are some great games out for the PC over the last few weeks and coming months, so moving on wont be an issue)

There are 2 groups of players in this game, those who love the game and only play a few hours a day/week, and those who play a lot and are bored.

What other games are you going to try. I’ve tried a few the last while and just could not get into them. I agree with GW2 being only for new players.

I think HoT will give us some new content but I doubt there will ever be enough high level content updates to keep vets interested in this format but that’s only natural.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

@lordkrall

Sorry but you are so wrong. There is a so much to do. If you find things too easy, try making things harder for your self. I have. I’m leveling a Norn warrior using mace and shield, sword and axe as secondary weapons. And I’m having a blast. I’m level 56 I think with him. Not played him for a week while the beta portal thing was on, and been playing some Guild Wars 1 for the ten year celebration.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

I think I disagree to an extent with the OP – Yes, they’ve added a lot of NPE to the game, especially with the September Feature pack.

But I think with a lot of the content, especially the Dry Top, Silverwastes and Living World Season 2 story has been for Veteran AND Loyal players. They’ve also done little things to help us vets more than we may realise, such as making Karma account bound, the wallet system, Black Lion Tickets etc.

(playing from the day 1 with some breaks)

They nerfed Orr — IMHO bad.

Silverwastes — I like what they did with it and I hope that mob density and AI/skills go up from there as it’s most fun zone ATM (events ofc, not cf) for me — not because of loot but because frequent nice groups of players doing events (regardless to if we make it or not).

Dry Top — not so much, its too much jumping around for my taste.

Also I like idea behind Mawdrey crafting (different professions needed and account bound mats) and hopefully new legendary system will be similar to it.

EU / Aurora Glade

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

If I am deciphering the OP’s posts correctly…..Moony, it sounds like you just have become bored with the game. I have played almost as long as you have, and don’t find myself bored with the game……obviously there are others who feel like I do….as well as there being players that feel like you do.

If you’re bored with the game, give it a rest for awhile, or quit altogether…..not like you’re paying a monthly sub fee. Doesn’t really matter what an mmorpg does in the way of content and such……after playing it for awhile(and that ‘while’ differs for every player), eventually one will get bored with it. That has been the story for me with every mmorpg I have ever played.

I am not to that point yet with this mmorpg. Obviously, you are.

Best of luck!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

..if i would play it for reward …i would only go to dungeons and farm sw….so i would not complain about the jp´s beeing not rewarding

bcs i am doing jp´s a lot.they r the most fun..but..there is no fun to make a jp´s a 2nd time bcs there is no special reward about it..it feels like just beeing farmed for that 1 green item. …when i reached the top..there is nothing special..

You’re doing it for the reward.

Only do it once if it’s boring for you after that.

A million other things in the game reward you with greens. go fight a shark or party up with a new person and help them get through their karma hearts or something to mix it up.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Quite impressive to have been playing a game for 3 years when it have only been out for about 2,5.

I am also questioning if you have tried the new areas or the new/updated world bosses. Since they are very much not easier than stuff at launch.

You are also missing the fact that there is an expansion coming that is basically only for veteran players (only contains max-level stuff as far as we know).

IMO, you have two really good points that are completely undermined by one pedantic kitten statement.

There has been a fair amount of new content. Much of it temporary. We are, admittedly, in a content lull right now. But it’s not like there’s been nothing for veteran players.

For example, in the past two years we have had Festivals, Living Story 1 & 2, WvW Seasons, Guild Missions, Fractals, Ascended Everything, Revamped Teq, Wurm, PvP stuff (I don’t play PvP, but I’m sure there’s been something), WvW ranks, and revamped borderland maps.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

kitten’s sake if it’s not fun anymore, MOVE ON with your life. Think about what you could be doing right now instead of forcing yourself to play a game you don’t enjoy…

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I dislike when people smugly claim they play for fun not x (a trend which is becoming increasingly common). What is fun is subjective, the fun comes from the rewards , the work invested into getting them or the challenges overcome for a significant amount of people.

It is clear to see from the many MMO’s out there that rewards are a significant amount of the fun for many players, that and making their account better than another players (rarity , prestige , getting the items no one else has etc.). Essentially showing off is a major source of fun/goals for players of MMO’s , while it may not be your motivator it is other peoples.

@OP
While there has been some veteran content it’s coming rather slow hopefully HOT will improve on it. If I had to take your statement I would instead say that the content lacks depth in some cases.

while I can’t really define depth I’d put it like this, there are very few pieces of content in this game where you can invest 100 hours into and then feel you are 100 hours ahead of any new player attempting the content.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

OP, it’s natural to find things are easier for you in these sorts of games after so long. Anet has put harder content up and, while some of it was taken away again, it has also become easier. It’s just the nature of things. Have a break and then check out the expansion when it comes (if you’re interested), that’s my advice.

@lordkrall

Sorry but you are so wrong. There is a so much to do. If you find things too easy, try making things harder for your self. I have. I’m leveling a Norn warrior using mace and shield, sword and axe as secondary weapons. And I’m having a blast. I’m level 56 I think with him. Not played him for a week while the beta portal thing was on, and been playing some Guild Wars 1 for the ten year celebration.

I’ve used “unconventional” weapon sets for long on my warriors that I find all sort of odd couplings are a walk in the park. Do you know want I find hard? Greatsword! I’m levelling a Norn warrior with a greatsword right now and I feel like I’m starting the game fresh. A change is definitely as good as a holiday.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

That’s just being technical with dates. It’s close enough.

Some of his points are valid. Stop focusing on that one thing.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

IMO, you have two really good points that are completely undermined by one pedantic kitten statement.

There has been a fair amount of new content. Much of it temporary. We are, admittedly, in a content lull right now. But it’s not like there’s been nothing for veteran players.

For example, in the past two years we have had Festivals, Living Story 1 & 2, WvW Seasons, Guild Missions, Fractals, Ascended Everything, Revamped Teq, Wurm, PvP stuff (I don’t play PvP, but I’m sure there’s been something), WvW ranks, and revamped borderland maps.

Yes, but when you compare that content to other MMOs, you will see how miniscule it really is. Just go look at any MMO wiki and look at their content release updates. GW2 pales in comparison.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

~Snip~

Correction, there is a third group of players, of which there are many…those that love the game and play a lot and are NOT bored. Though technically your play a lot and are bored group don’t really love the game, they just can’t find anything better, how is this so you might ask? Most that love the game wouldn’t be bored, people don’t usually get bored of something they love…that’s human nature and nothing can overcome it.

Teon.5168

OP, it’s natural to find things are easier for you in these sorts of games after so long. Anet has put harder content up and, while some of it was taken away again, it has also become easier. It’s just the nature of things. Have a break and then check out the expansion when it comes (if you’re interested), that’s my advice.

@lordkrall

I’ve used “unconventional” weapon sets for long on my warriors that I find all sort of odd couplings are a walk in the park. Do you know want I find hard? Greatsword! I’m levelling a Norn warrior with a greatsword right now and I feel like I’m starting the game fresh. A change is definitely as good as a holiday.

Ah, the poster responsible for my signature! Good to see you, again!

I have to agree with your post. I have found too that leveling alts with entirely different weapon sets makes for a whole new experience in game. Or even changing to a different, unconventional weapon set for an 80 also gives new life to a once humdrum character. Fun thing to do!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Teon.5168

~Snip~

Correction, there is a third group of players, of which there are many…those that love the game and play a lot and are NOT bored. Though technically your play a lot and are bored group don’t really love the game, they just can’t find anything better, how is this so you might ask? Most that love the game wouldn’t be bored, people don’t usually get bored of something they love…that’s human nature and nothing can overcome it.

Agree completely. I too am one of those players not bored with the game. One can change up all sorts of different aspects to add new challenges and fun to the game. That is what I truly love about this game……so many different things to do and try.
But, of course, I am not a minmaxer, nor do I actively seek some sort of ambiguous ‘end-game’, nor am I a gear oriented player. I just have fun with it all, and use the game as a decompressor from the humdrum work day.

I really can’t see getting bored with this game for quite some time, yet.

Plus, I belong to a great guild of really good people(Raw Material on Kaineng, if anyone is interested)……and that helps tons with keeping the game interesting!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

1 single person succeeding in doing a temple defense blocking out the 90 players waiting to do a temple assault… ?
/me pulls hair out

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I am a relative new comer to the game, I arrived a good 3 weeks after Beta.

I think that the word vet means different things to each player. I also feel that the OP has written the truth exactly as they see it.

For Myself;

I have around 7400 hrs ( closer to 7500 but rounding as not at my game machine) played and do a little of most things each evening. I am most commonly found in WvW.

I have 17 characters played to 80 and enjoy a few hrs a day each day just doing what feels right, for me. ( Currently doing skillpoints ….)

I have continuously played MMOs since I discovered Ultima Online in 1997. I do understand how people can become tired of any game over time.

My truth is that I still enjoy GW2.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I agree that the game feels very unrewarding and unchallenging. It got better with the living story 2 and the new zones but there is still a long way to go. The truth is, however, that the expansion will deliver what you are looking for, OP. I am pretty sure of that.

Until then, take a break. Really, it helps. There is no point whatsoever in playing if you don’t enjoy it.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I dislike when people smugly claim they play for fun not x (a trend which is becoming increasingly common). What is fun is subjective, the fun comes from the rewards , the work invested into getting them or the challenges overcome for a significant amount of people.

It is clear to see from the many MMO’s out there that rewards are a significant amount of the fun for many players, that and making their account better than another players (rarity , prestige , getting the items no one else has etc.). Essentially showing off is a major source of fun/goals for players of MMO’s , while it may not be your motivator it is other peoples.

@OP
While there has been some veteran content it’s coming rather slow hopefully HOT will improve on it. If I had to take your statement I would instead say that the content lacks depth in some cases.

while I can’t really define depth I’d put it like this, there are very few pieces of content in this game where you can invest 100 hours into and then feel you are 100 hours ahead of any new player attempting the content.

You know some people enjoy perfecting their combat style or derive fun from skillfully defeating an opponent. Saying that people want a reward beyond the satisfaction of feeling they played skillfully, enjoying the company of their friends, or having a victory over an opponent is foolish. There are plenty of people that feel this way or games like Counter-Strike wouldn’t exist. The game type may be different, but the point is that there is no true reward for playing many FPS. Although rewards and leveling has made its way to many FPS games, there is still high demand for primarily skill based games such as Counter-Strike. Assuming that there are only people playing this game who seek tangible rewards for their fun is ignorant. There is plenty of fun to be had and people enjoying their time without any tangible rewards in sight.

Even if someone ends up getting a reward from the content they participated in, that doesn’t mean they needed it to enjoy the activity.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

A wise man once said “Nothing lasts forever” and it’s completely true, for every aspect of life.

OP, I’ve been playing since the beta weekends, and I don’t find that I have your issue. I still have plenty to keep me entertained. Yes, occasionally some content seems too easy; however I am also well aware that I have done that content multiple times across a multitude of characters so I know what to expect. Thus it gives the perception it’s easier, when nothing has actually changed on the game’s side. I do feel that downscaling needs a bit of a balance pass since the introduction of ascended, but that’s not precisely the issue you were referring to.

Honestly, it just sounds like you’re burnt out and unhappy with the rewards. Yes, you’re playing for the rewards, not for the fun of it, based on your assorted comments. I agree with others there. Take a break and play something else for a bit. Come back for the open betas and see if some of the new content suits your fancy.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I wouldn’t call Dry Top or the Silverwastes any level of “challenging” because of the automatic group nature of the content.

For challenging I would have to point back to the Twisted Watchwork mobs, or the Aetherblades who aren’t given justice by their group makeups in the TA Aetherpath.

The Moltens and Toxics also had neat play around them but the other two, especially the watchworks imo, outshine the rest. And when Scarlet attacked LA, I honestly was praying to see mixed groups of all 4 types… The protection of the Molten, the CC of the Aethers, the conditions of the Toxic and that special mix of all those to round out the mob groups with watchworks would have been some kind of special to me I think <3

While the Mordrem can be plenty dangerous, they are currently made of a series of single gimmicks that are only really dangerous if you Kilroy Stonekin into a large group, that has at least 1 husk (the root), 2 menders and 2 Teragriffs involved… or a couple of vet+ and you are totally by yourself :/

Posted by: Crome.5316

Crome.5316

I have played GW1 some years. I also have played GW2 but to be honest maybe 1,5 years. Of course GW1 and GW2 are nearly completely different games.Jut mentioning that to tell you what kind of Veteran I am.

But I´m bored with GW2. Why…. lack of skills or the very limited use of a weapon. I also miss Cantha but that is a matter of taste. Always pressing the same skills…. oh mentioned that already… . I don´t want thousands of skills isn´t a little variety to much to ask?

Why is high level needed? GW1 max level was 20 . Grinding is no content, it is work, like working/grinding for a new car. Maybe it is not the case anymore but the Legendary weapon were called by friends of mine as “Virginity Weapons” because of the huge amount of time needed to craft one.

Selling armor/clothing sets and you have to wear the hole set, you can not choose just to wear the.. skirt, or just the shoes.

But they made huge improvements like storing all different item you need to pay dungeon armors. They destroyed Lions Arch(still ugly but at least some change). Maybe someone can do a favor and destroy the boring eagle in Divinity´s Reach.

The game ambiente is somehow confusing, high tech asura, also semi high tech strong Charr, the strong Uberhuman Norns and between the weak, stucked in time(primitive), humans. I wonder what kind of advantage they have? Maybe reproduction rate… . Oh I forgot the Cabbage Race… their advantage… they have Trahearne with his narcotic speeches.

The result of all this neither me nor my freinds are playing GW2 any more. Sometimes I just take look and hope they made this game more interesting. I really liked this game but somehow it feels like it is frozen or something prevents any form of real improvements. Feels like f2p.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

@OP

You know some people enjoy perfecting their combat style or derive fun from skillfully defeating an opponent. Saying that people want a reward beyond the satisfaction of feeling they played skillfully, enjoying the company of their friends, or having a victory over an opponent is foolish. There are plenty of people that feel this way or games like Counter-Strike wouldn’t exist. The game type may be different, but the point is that there is no true reward for playing many FPS. Although rewards and leveling has made its way to many FPS games, there is still high demand for primarily skill based games such as Counter-Strike. Assuming that there are only people playing this game who seek tangible rewards for their fun is ignorant. There is plenty of fun to be had and people enjoying their time without any tangible rewards in sight.

Even if someone ends up getting a reward from the content they participated in, that doesn’t mean they needed it to enjoy the activity.

But counterstrike is a multiplayer game not an MMO they are not comparable really, If you want an F/TPS MMO to compare try Warframe or Destiny, where you’ll find again the motivator is rewards for some people and whenever a piece of content does not provide what is viewed as sufficient rewards it’s just not done.

I wouldn’t say it’s the sole motivator but I’ve yet to see a situation at the end of a run where someones happiness is not increased by getting an ultra rare drop.
The first time you run any piece of content it’s for fun, past that priorities tend to change, again I’m not claiming this for all players.

I would also say that the type of game plays a large role in it, for instance I spent 3 months orchestrating the destruction of an alliance in another game, it provided me no direct rewards and was fun for me, but that was a sandbox type MMO game where your gameplay is designed to be based off the other players.

I mean personally my fun is improving my account , unlock more than other players have shinier things etc. What I have to do to accomplish that is fairly moot, PvP wouldn’t be my favorite game mode I still play it to unlock the skins and get the achievements. That said I still get a smile on my face when I occasionally kill someone in an impressive way.
Conversely while I like the idea of WvW it provides zero rewards or improvements for my account so there is no reason to go there most of the time despite it maybe being more subjectively fun than PvP because I perceive it as a waste of my time.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

As an end game player I feel like the game is not completely dead. Yes I would be very happy with new content however, I feel that I do have at least a few things to choose from every night.

- Work on another legendary.
- Work on the rest of my ascended gear.
- Achievement hunt (Some of those achievements in past living stories are actually pretty difficult)
- World Boss Hunt
-PvP
-WvW
-Aether path in TA for the chance of a skin.
- Arah
- Help guildies
- High level fractals.
- Daily activity achievements.

There are tons of things for us to choose from….its just none of these are new so we don’t get excited over them, or at least the general player base doesn’t. There are a few fan boys/girls out there that really do still (props to you) but generally people like things that are shiny and new. Its just how we are.

Anet is working to get us HoT that will bring that shiny newness.
Until then you should either take a break….or farm up a pile gold so you can buy into the shiny newness when its comes.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

90% of the game is for veterans. The 10% that changed for the NPE is all in leveling, and it made minor differences (to me) for leveling new toons.

The thing that prevented me from embracing it was the current trait system, which was introduced well before the NPE. I haven’t leveled a new toon since — I just have no interest in a scavenger hunt that requires me to redo map completion, finish dungeons, or do the major parts of the personal story. Again (I did all the racial stories at least 3 times; I don’t need to do them again for every toon.)

But the game as a whole? Still great. (Although, I could do with some festivals or other content to bide the time until HoT.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

elkirin.8534

I think the point being made is not all people play for “x”.

I am not being smug when I say, I have zero interest in loot. I am being factual, for me.

Most of the t6 mats i have ever found have been given to guildies. I enjoy it when they link their legendaries in chat, they seem so happy, it makes me feel good.

I do NOT enjoy getting some uber loot item in a dungeon run when someone who actually wants it, does not. It makes me feel almost ill for me having got it.

I play for the playing, that is all. Each person finds fun in their own way, I have no issues if people seek rewards for their time.

I do not seek rewards, I seek only to fill in a little time each evening. Whether you believe it or not, there are some of us that do NOT play for rewards.

Personally , the Asuran Dodge roll is the best piece of this game for me. Yet I only made 2 asura….

Please do not assume that people with different opinions to you are lying, perspectives vary. Please consider reading about Myers Briggs style personality testing.

You may gain an enhanced understanding of your own motivations and what motivates others.

(edited by elkirin.8534)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

try getting Yakslapper title. that’s your endgame for veteran players.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

elkirin.8534

940X yaks so i think i am within 15 -20 yrs of getting yakslapper!
( not sure if I am 9403 or 9401)

Posted by: HelloKittyZOMG.1875

HelloKittyZOMG.1875

I don’t see how it’s not friendly to those who’ve played longer, but maybe I am just different.
I will say this, I am glad the game is easy for new people to pick up and play.
I never did like games that was hard or confusing for new players.

If you have tried the map completion, and making all characters and classes, then you can also try the expansion that is coming out soon.

Good luck and I hope this expansion really peaks your interest.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I don’t want to get into a long debate, here, but re. playing for fun vs playing for rewards:

One would hope that most people play the parts of the game they most enjoy, most of the time, rather than playing the parts they don’t, just because they may give better rewards.

However, even of one is only playing for fun, it is still disappointing (for many people) if you “earn” far less for playing one part of a game than another; simply because you will, inevitably, feel undervalued, as a player, if you know you could earn far more elsewhere.

Conversely, if you end up playing parts of the game you don’t really enjoy, simply because they offer greater rewards, you will almost certainly end up resenting the game; as you’re not having an enjoyable time.

Therefore, I tend to think the best option is to reward different parts of the game similarly and just let people do what they like.

…and if some areas of the game end up not being played, then you will know they’re not much fun for the majority of people and that you should maybe look at why that is, exactly.

As opposed to thinking the answer is to up the rewards from them and end up just filling them, mostly, with resentful, bad tempered, impatient people.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I have no idea how OP got this impression, I’d say the opposite is true, the game started way to easy and is now finally starting to implement harder content. Dont get me wrong its not nearly as hard as I would personally like but certainly harder then what we used to have.

Yes they made a lot of changes for new players but also changed course in targeting new content to exclusively at veteran players.

Living story season 2 / HOT are level 80 exclusively while season 1 was for all levels.

Living story season 2 achievements are actually quite hard even for a veteran player.

The modrem are actually a little challenging. Soloing in the new zones requires players to be more mindful then any other zone in the game.

is it enough? of course not 2 zones even though well designed is not something that will keep you going indefinitely but 2 things.

1. just that they exist and were designed the way they are designed proves that Anet didnt “abandon” veteran players like OP says

2. They’ve also be working on an expansion that designed the same way with the same challenge level. Once thats released we’ll have much more content and naturally most of it will be Open world.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

@lordkrall

I have to agree with your post. I have found too that leveling alts with entirely different weapon sets makes for a whole new experience in game. Or even changing to a different, unconventional weapon set for an 80 also gives new life to a once humdrum character. Fun thing to do!

Yep, some times I think to my self, “Why didn’t I do this sooner?”

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

@lordkrall

Hail, and well met! We shared the loot of a Fire Elemental a few weeks ago but I lost you in the crush and couldn’t say hello.

Sometimes, especially after reading the forums for a while, I feel I play in my own special niche. Nice to see its shared by at least two others.

(a niche within the niche anyway)

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: lawnpirates.8527

lawnpirates.8527

Oh, it’s one of these threads again.