GW2 = Stagnent

GW2 = Stagnent

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Just as the title says, GW2 needs new content NOW.

I do not ‘mind’ waiting for the expansion to drop, but between then and now I might have been drawn into a different game.

I know you guys are ‘hard at work’ polishing the expansion for release, but what about those promised 2 week content deliveries we are supposed to be getting? Short of skins in the gem store, and random crappy toys ill never invest in, we are getting NOTHING.

I can only run FOTM, Kill Teq/TT, and finished the VW off soo many times before I wanna bash my head against the desk from boredum (http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/SpamMe06/media/headbang_zps2ac29901.gif.html).

So please;

1. Hurry up and release the expansion
2. give us some intern content to tide us over until you DO release the expansion.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Not sure what has prompted some people to believe that if they aren’t playing GW2 every day all day as their only source of entertainment that somehow the game will disappear into obscurity.

It’s no secret that veteran players have hit a content wall. Most of us hop on for dailies, maybe some PvP, chit chat a bit, then bide our time playing something else.

It’s really no big deal and one of the best parts about GW2 is that you can take long breaks, come back, and not have fallen behind (expansion stuff excluded, obviously you will fall behind in terms of a new class / specializations).

I really, really suggest Witcher 3 in the meantime. It’s one of the best games I’ve ever played, and I don’t make claims like that lightly.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

Not sure what has prompted some people to believe that if they aren’t playing GW2 every day all day as their only source of entertainment that somehow the game will disappear into obscurity.

It’s no secret that veteran players have hit a content wall. Most of us hop on for dailies, maybe some PvP, chit chat a bit, then bide our time playing something else.

It’s really no big deal and one of the best parts about GW2 is that you can take long breaks, come back, and not have fallen behind (expansion stuff excluded, obviously you will fall behind in terms of a new class / specializations).

I really, really suggest Witcher 3 in the meantime. It’s one of the best games I’ve ever played, and I don’t make claims like that lightly.

well take into account that us veteran players (over 1000+ days on my account) have hit that brick wall. And that the only things to do now are completely repetitive. Sure other games are out there and we do not need to be playing GW2 everyday/all day (i sure as hell don’t). But to me it feels like its been 2 months+ since anything of quality has been released.

I will be buying Witcher3 when Steam has its sale :-)
in the meantime, I am playing Tera/Fallout4

Just wanted to post this thread so that Anet knows that GW2 needs a fresh update soon. I do not see the expansion dropping before Q4 and that’s too long of a time to leave the game, content wise, alone.

just my 2cp.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

As above. If you insist on playing an MMO, I an suggest ESO. After a rough and messy start, the game has csystalized to a very mature MMO, that takes a very different approach by making a hybrid between a traditional mmo and the elder scroll games.
Since a few months it is buy to play, just as GW2 and more then enough for a good amount of fun.

No monthly fees means easier to switch and play other games as well!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Perfect time to reopen the SAB.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

As above. If you insist on playing an MMO, I an suggest ESO. After a rough and messy start, the game has csystalized to a very mature MMO, that takes a very different approach by making a hybrid between a traditional mmo and the elder scroll games.
Since a few months it is buy to play, just as GW2 and more then enough for a good amount of fun.

Oh, I have ESO. The physics in that game drive me insane. Like Jumping for example. its like a slow fall, rather then a Jump. And the Height at which you jump exceeds the character’s Build. Combat is OK though, very similar to Skyrim and I do like that. But, I just haven’t been pulled into ESO like I thought I was. Its a nice and dark environment, but it still feels ‘beta’ to me.

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

Oh this!
SAB would be a perfect Filler.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Wow …….
I have been playing just about every day for anywhere from an hour a day to over 10 hours. Usually it’s 2 – 3 hrs at a time thou. I have yet to be tired of the game. I have yet to run out of things to see and do. I have not finished the PS on even one char yet and just a couple of weeks ago finally got map completion done on 1 char. And I only did it on a char because I had a precursor drop and decided to finally make a legendary for S&G’s.
I actually started 3 new chars after the NPE went into effect and have found nothing that is that bad about the leveling or anything. I have all the episodes of the LS that I got just for logging in and have not finished those either. I have gone thru 1 path of 1 dungeon, I have only done 1 fractal, I don’t PvP and very rarely do WvW.

So …… I am always amused and amazed how people can be out of things to do in this game.

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

Wow …….
I have been playing just about every day for anywhere from an hour a day to over 10 hours. Usually it’s 2 – 3 hrs at a time thou. I have yet to be tired of the game. I have yet to run out of things to see and do. I have not finished the PS on even one char yet and just a couple of weeks ago finally got map completion done on 1 char. And I only did it on a char because I had a precursor drop and decided to finally make a legendary for S&G’s.
I actually started 3 new chars after the NPE went into effect and have found nothing that is that bad about the leveling or anything. I have all the episodes of the LS that I got just for logging in and have not finished those either. I have gone thru 1 path of 1 dungeon, I have only done 1 fractal, I don’t PvP and very rarely do WvW.

So …… I am always amused and amazed how people can be out of things to do in this game.

8 level 80’s, 2 are in full Ascended. 2 map completions, waiting on Pre drops (not holding my breathe, that is a part of the game I really refuse to ‘farm’ for), all trade skills maxed, PS completed on all characters (achievements!), FOTM level 48, WvW on my server is dead so EoTM(boring as its just a blob grind), 3 Teq Horde Skins(4-6 month drops apart from each other), VW/TEQ on farm same with the rest of the world bosses for EZ Gold – TT requires organization and timing still so that one is hit and miss yet, Dungs…boring as completed them for the collections sometime ago…ect.

Also, GW2 is over 1000 days old…did Anet not care or did they just over look that. I was kinda expecting an in game event on that day/week to celebrate lol.

anyway, now im just getting whiny :-)

GW2 = Stagnent

Draknar.5748

1000+ days in any MMO will result in the same problem. Unless you are suggesting there is an MMO out there that comes out with content so frequently that even someone that plays 10hrs/day will never have to wait for an xpac/update for more content.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

I’ve been playing casually, a few hours a day precisely to AVOID burnout.
It’s inevitable, and I’m not gonna ‘grind’ to reach top tier asap because then there’s nothing to do, and the journey felt pointless.

I plan on sticking around for a looong time, and hope I don’t wake up one morning having lost interest in the game out of the blue, which happens to me every few months…

I prefer to go through the game like it’s a theme park, and not stick to the ONE stall within that park which that has the highest prize ticket payout, since those things are always a long term time and money sink under the best of conditions.

(edited by Weylin.6478)

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Pretty typical for anyone who has played the game so long. I too, am in the do dailies, chit chat a bit, maybe do some pvp, then logoff and maybe go play some ESO or Eve Online. Although I do sometimes delve into Silver Wastes or more in to the extra chapters to the life story, since I am only on chapter 2.

The thing I find funny about threads like this, and I am not accusing you of it sirsquishy…..so many people on these forums screamed about an expansion….and now that it is coming, they’re screaming about more content being added every few weeks……lmao.

You just can’t win, Anet…..lol.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

2,360 hours over 1,017 days and I still feel like I have plenty left to do.

Season 2 being permanent (so I could do it whenever I wanted) and now this break has actually been really nice for me. When I come home in the evening I can ask myself if I want to play GW2 and what I want to do within the game, instead of feeling like I have to because of the new release. I usually do end up playing GW2 for at least a few hours, slowing working towards one or more of my assorted goals, but it’s nice to have that choice after more than a year of feeling like I was struggling to keep up with Season 1.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: KaosNinja.4967

KaosNinja.4967

@teon they dont even need new content tho, they just should have permanently released old content. re-opening the Super Adventure Box and Queens Gauntlet, without a dash of polish or change, would have shut half the player base up right away.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

It is always the same thing, “waa, i have 500000 hours into this game and there is nothing to do anymore!”.

Really?

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

An expansion is just around the corner…. what more could you ask for?

The living story really spoiled some people.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wow …….

Here since beta. 8 chars to 80 with all 8 at 100% map. 50 plus ascended weapons crafted. 17,800 (or so) Achievement points. Did the dungeons. Did the events. Did the personal story. No doubt there is more, but I’ve hit the blahs and I’m waiting for new content.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Hume.2876

Hume.2876

Arenanet is working with a limited budget – deciding how to spread out the content is tricky. I think they have done alright. There is always a group of gamers who will burn through the content in a very short amount of time. You cannot keep up with them..

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

Let’s break it down, shall we?

The last update to GW2 that was perm content was Jan13th with the ‘point of no Return’ In February we had the ‘Lunar Fest’ which lasted 4 weeks, since then nothing of great importance or meaning.

last update finally mentioned changes with Lions Arch, but still sitting and waiting for more on that.

that’s nearly 5 months with NO serious content update to the game that wasn’t a game play change or bug fix.

And you all think the game isn’t stagnant?

and we have another 5, 6, or 7 months to go before the Expansion will be released (My Best guest based on other MMO/Expansion Releases over the years). If we don’t get any Content updates between then and now that’s nearly a FULL year with no serious updates to the game.

just sayin.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

In the first 1000 days of GW1 this same company released, 2 full expansions, a full add on ( EotN ) we also had Sorrows Furnace, HM, Vanq’ing etc etc

I agree with the OP the game is stagnant, there is little to nothing to do, unless you count grinding SW’s for a few chests, everyone I knew who left this game, has no plans to return to it even when the expansion comes out, as they all just feel it will be the same thing all over again, FotM hasn’t been looked at in forever, dungeons have been ignored forever, drops are non existent, you could go on forever,

Yet will all this we only ever hear the same thing, “when its ready” " when we have something else to tell you" “we cant do that right now” the sad sorry fact is the only thing in this game that gets updated without fail is the Gem Store with items we do not need, and the only people that defend the actions of the developers are people who secretly hope it will get better.

If this continues there wont be many people left to play HOT, as it stands none of my friends will be getting it, and if there not getting it, what motivation do I have to get it, to play alone, come on.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Arenanet is working with a limited budget – deciding how to spread out the content is tricky. I think they have done alright. There is always a group of gamers who will burn through the content in a very short amount of time. You cannot keep up with them..

Yes. It’s been almost 3 years since launch and logging in pretty much daily for a lot of people and playing each day, we really burned through the content in a short time. (Rolls eyes).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Darkwolfer.7819

Darkwolfer.7819

Three types of players currently exist. Hardcore players who log in and play everyday because GW2 is their game of choice… but as time goes this may change. The second kind of player is the returning player. They heard there is an expansion and so they came back to check it out. Things have changed, got to do living story… but then what… they will leave again. last but not least, the new player. The world is new to them and they do not yet realize the lack of content.

If they want to keep players they need to do something. My poor guild is barren when it was once filled with active players. No amount of “hey let’s do the same old content together” is going to keep them coming back.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

10 years later, I still play Guild Wars 1 a few days a week. I guess I have a lot more patience than others.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

An expansion is just around the corner…. what more could you ask for?

The living story really spoiled some people.

People need an expansion to play while they wait for the expansion to come out. Duh. Of course, they would need another expansion to play in the time it takes that intermediate expansion to come out, and before that happens they would need another expansion to give them something to do while they wait for that one, and so on and so forth until the time between expansions approaches zero and anet has to develop a new field of mathematics to find a way to release content before its been developed.

I dont see why thats so hard.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

10 years later, I still play Guild Wars 1 a few days a week. I guess I have a lot more patience than others.

It is not that for me, as I have played older games, like DaoC for 10 years.

I take breaks from GW2 just to keep from getting burnt out. I like the game A LOT, and I don’t want to get to the point where I want to quit the game. The breaks I take are healthy for me, as it refreshes me and makes the game more entertaining when I want to get more serious about it down the road, again. (And yea, there is still a lot I haven’t done in the game)

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I wouldn’t call 6 months a very short amount of time, if you’re talking about their latest content update. 2.5 years prior to that is plenty of time to experience all of what GW2 has to offer.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Their is no need; I’m sure Anet is very conscious of their content release schedule and there isn’t anything compelling about reminding them of release dates for things. As a matter of fact …

… you have to recognize that the business model of the game is actually centered around players like you come and go on your own timetable; that’s why this game works for people. There isn’t much content you can ‘miss’ and if you do, there is still access to it. There is no reason for Anet to ensure a constant stream of new content because the business model isn’t critical to people playing the game with a constant frequency. Working as designed and intended.

Game is not stagnant just because you feel you’ve accomplished everything you want to do.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Oh this!

Maybe one day they’ll add some content before a big project, or prep some extra stuff on the side, before wizzing off their whole team to do an expansion like this.
Must admit, I’ve pretty much almost ceased even bothering to log in for dailys. Months of “lack of content”, and no SAB in the mean time pretty much just makes me want to forget about the expansion altogether.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

Their is no need; I’m sure Anet is very conscious of their content release schedule and there isn’t anything compelling about reminding them of release dates for things. As a matter of fact …

… you have to recognize that the business model of the game is actually centered around players like you come and go on your own timetable; that’s why this game works for people. There isn’t much content you can ‘miss’ and if you do, there is still access to it. There is no reason for Anet to ensure a constant stream of new content because the business model isn’t critical to people playing the game with a constant frequency. Working as designed and intended.

Game is not stagnant just because you feel you’ve accomplished everything you want to do.

So…in short you are fine with 4-5 months of no new static content, with a possibility of 5-6 more months with no new static content before the expansion is released?

Drinking the cool aid much?

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

Oh this!

Maybe one day they’ll add some content before a big project, or prep some extra stuff on the side, before wizzing off their whole team to do an expansion like this.
Must admit, I’ve pretty much almost ceased even bothering to log in for dailys. Months of “lack of content”, and no SAB in the mean time pretty much just makes me want to forget about the expansion altogether.

I have no doubt that the expansion is going to be awesome. But to freeze content development in favor of an expansion (probably because it is paid, and Anet FINALLY got real with the lack of cash flow from GW2 to sustain the game properly…ect), really leaves me thinking ‘what about AFTER we have the expansion and we are in the same boat this time next year?’.

If that is the case, the game wont last much past the first expansion. As it is, I am seeing it diminish on the WvW front by players leaving the game (No, the ones I know did not jump servers), if that is not a sign of things to come, I dont know what is.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

So…in short you are fine with 4-5 months of no new static content, with a possibility of 5-6 more months with no new static content before the expansion is released?

Even though we don’t know when the expansion hits, it’s a safe bet that it will be around the 3rd anniversary. That would not be an extremely long period without “static content” considering we are waiting for an expansion that we asked for instead of a continuous stream of content.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

to freeze content development in favor of an expansion

is what most expansion-based games do. What did you expect?

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Freeze content development? I know they are testing the fixed story now, and core specializations will launch before the expansion comes out. We’ve seen changes to the camera…plenty of development going on…and these things are important too.

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

Except that GW2 is NOT an expansion based game. Its SUPPOSED to be a bi-monthly release based game (per countless PR releases via Anet in countless interviews). If they are changing the model, it would be nice to know.

GW2 = Stagnent

ikereid.4637

Freeze content development? I know they are testing the fixed story now, and core specializations will launch before the expansion comes out. We’ve seen changes to the camera…plenty of development going on…and these things are important too.

Bug fixes are not content development, its bug fixes for issues that have existed since day 1.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I like how Anet is defended with things like “they have limited resources, they can only do so much so fast, etc”. Well that being the case ..then why are they trying to? Why put everything on their shoulders if they can’t handle it? Even Blizzard with their boundless resources can’t keep up with players.

Spending so much time and money hand-crafting content that will just get burned through immediately ..this is not a good investment imo. The “pay off” (for players at least) is just so short-lived and then you’re back where you started.

If we want to get more life out of their efforts, we should be asking for more options (more than hand-crafted content). Don’t get me wrong, they do good work and I’d still like new maps, stories, etc. But honestly that is secondary for me. It takes a back seat to having a more fleshed out foundation, one with abundant options and freedom. There wouldn’t be such a constant urgent “need” for new content if we had more things we could do. More ways to experience and influence the world. More ways to be part of it and be relevant to each other. The best “content” isn’t something to simply burn through and then you’re done or grinding. But that’s all you get with instances and events on timers.

The game is indeed stale. It’s a beautiful, but ultimately shallow, experience. If HoT doesn’t do something about that, then we’ll be back in the same spot again once we’ve done everything.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

GW2 = Stagnent

Danikat.8537

I guess I’m just weird. I still play single player games I’ve had for 10 or 15 years. They’ve not had new content in years and almost certainly never will, but I still enjoy re-playing them every so often. I just don’t expect one game to keep me occupied all day every day, indefinitely.

I take the same approach to MMOs. Which is a big part of why I prefer buy-to-play over sub games. A sub games works if you’re going to be playing it on a regular basis for an extended period of time. But I want a game where I can randomly decide I don’t feel like playing it today, and maybe won’t play it for a couple of weeks, then go back to it again just as unexpectedly.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Except that GW2 is NOT an expansion based game. Its SUPPOSED to be a bi-monthly release based game (per countless PR releases via Anet in countless interviews). If they are changing the model, it would be nice to know.

It was, players whined. They tried again, players whined some more. So now they are doing an expansion. However they have mentioned that Traits 3.0 will be out before the expansion so we may be getting a feature pack between now and HoT.

And you should know better than asking ANet to say something.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

GW2 = Stagnent

Draknar.5748

I’m gonna have to blame the players for that fiasco. I was personally fine with the bi-weekly updates but noooo, everyone had to complain that GW2 needed an expansion because trickling in content wasn’t enough to scratch their content itch. They need it in one giant update rather than many small ones.

GW2 is now an expansion based game.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Frostfire.7492

Frostfire.7492

It was, players whined. They tried again, players whined some more. So now they are doing an expansion. However they have mentioned that Traits 3.0 will be out before the expansion so we may be getting a feature pack between now and HoT.

And you should know better than asking ANet to say something.

A feature pack is no content!
I played over 2000 hours of this game and there is nothing to do, WvW on my server is kinda boring, because we get in the first week two servers who just annihilate us and the week after we crush our enemys, there is just no good balance.
Dungeons and fractals lack content after two years of the same and open world is just pointless in this game.
So what should I do?
Last year we got content every 2 weeks, so there was a little diversion from the normal stuff and it worked, even when it was most of the time just one day where you completed the story and did the achievements. But know we don’t even get this or old content and it gets boring.
So what I did was stoped playing, I log in every day for the reward and thats it. My friends stopped playing nearly the same time, some of them log in from time to time but they seem not really happy about it^^
So Anet made the decision that they don’t want to make an expansion, even so the most fans said they would prefer it. But Anet was stubborn and made their content release with these little drops every few weeks. And now they got their payment. It was just not enough. To little new things, the players got bored and stopped playing, less player means less ingame sells, and less money for Anet.
So now they change their model and what happens is just sad. They didn’t give us new content to get over the waiting time. They just said that they don’t have the resources to work on the expansion and on the 2 week content.
The result is just a drop in players and with no new content even the casual players will get bored when enough time passes.
But Anet was never the fan of their hardcore players, everything has to get easier, so that new players won’t get confused. So I don’t expect that this will change.
And yes it is true, the game has lots of content if you are new! But it is not enough for nearly 3 years.
One last thing:
If you look at the content we got through the living story and the last years in general we get the following:
-Fractals of the Mist
-Silverwastes
-Dry Top
-Southsun Cove
-Living Story Part 1 and 2 (each nearly 8 chapters with 3 missions, so nearly 24 missions)
-From time to time a holliday event

That is not so much content for 3 years, and it is even less when you consider that everything of the Living story part 1 is not replayable.
So if you compare this to an expansion with one year development time it’s just not enough. Yeah you didn’t have to pay for this, thats true, but I would have spend 30-40 (€/$ or whatever) on new content and most people would agree on that. For example WoW, you pay 13 bucks per month and have to pay for the expansion and no one complains, so I’m pretty sure that the GW2 players have no problem with that.

Thanks for reading!
Have a nice day!

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Bug fixes are not content development, its bug fixes for issues that have existed since day 1.

Calling a complete redesign of the personal story, including new dialogue and other changes, including a single player version of the final mission is NOT a bug fix. Redoing the entire trait system in core specializations is NOT a bug fix. And adding first person point of view and a PoV slider and other options are not a bug fix either.

There are features that are neither content, nor bug fixes. QoL features like the account wallet, like the wardrobe. They’re not content, but they’re not bug fixes.

I get that you want content, but not acknowledging that other things need to be done besides content is just naive.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

WTH is a “Stagnent”?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

GW2 = Stagnent

Danikat.8537

I’m actually expecting the new LA map and the new personal story to take up a lot of my time.

I can spend several hours exploring a city I’ve already seen (you’d be surprised how much of the dialogue changes depending on your race, Order or other choices), so a brand new map is going to take me even longer.

And I’m planning to do every single story instance at least once, so that will take me ages. (I have an excel chart ready to use to track them however, because I am indeed a massive nerd.)

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Tea.7025

Tea.7025

that’s nearly 5 months with NO serious content update to the game that wasn’t a game play change or bug fix.

And you all think the game isn’t stagnant?

and we have another 5, 6, or 7 months to go before the Expansion will be released (My Best guest based on other MMO/Expansion Releases over the years). If we don’t get any Content updates between then and now that’s nearly a FULL year with no serious updates to the game.

WoW has released zero patches for 14 months before the current expansion dropped. The difference is that there I ponied up cash every month for the experience of running the last raid over and over for a year because there was nothing else to do as, unlike here, the rest of the world and previous instances became irrevelant with each patch because we got increasingly better gear. My hunter was constantly on conveyor belt duty on one of the bosses and after two months of that I saw bloody conveyor belts and walls of fire even in my sleep.

It is something that you have to repeat several times during the encounter. Imagine doing this multiple times every week. And paying 13 euros each month for it. Never thought I was prone to motion sickness but Blizzard proved me wrong.

While Arenanet may not provide us with new content at the moment they sure as heck don’t make us pay to meanwhile access and enjoy the already existing content.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

One thing that’s been nagging me since Jan ‘13 is how Anet suddenly post-poned their expansion’s worth of content and suddenly shifted to a focus that so much needed to change for their game platform to continue forward. And since then it feels like practically everything in the game has been overhauled, and some stuff even more than once with the way the trait system will soon be dropped in favour of new stuff to come with specialisations.

All these game systems overhauls has seriously impaired the development speed of content in my opinion, imagine if the systems had worked or been tested on players before they spent so much time doing stuff that later would have to be reworked.

But also, the end of LS2 went like a few episodes, then a long break followed by the final episodes shortly after the break but then suddenly we were just dropped off with the expansion reveal. That was January/February… Anet’s timing could have been improved to the point that they could have worked for longer on the xpac with LS2 episodes coming out so that the wait between final episode and xpac wouldn’t have been so long.
But it wasn’t, so at least maybe we could’ve got some filler content in between – god knows how many times SAB has been requested. Or another bout of the Queen’s Gauntlet, or a Dragon Bash festival… or even making this Lion’s Arch rebuilding effort into a player-driven event where you do various activities in LA to help rebuild. Instead we’ve seen rubble replaced with girders, but nothing else is new other than rumours alluding to what’s to come. This isn’t content, this is stringing along.

Watching the top PvP players in championship after championship is neither content.

I was joking that we would get another PvP season and a WvW tournament in the looong wait between final episode of LS2 and the xpac, and sadly so far it seems I will be right. We’ve had a PvP season (actually, we’ve been testing the leaderboard and ranking algorithms in a far too length test season).

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Oh this!

I profoundly dislike the SAB, but even I think this is a perfect opportunity to get the repeatable content back while we wait for something new.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

gw2 is made to be played alongside other games imo, that’s what no-sub means.

That said SAB please, i never completed zone 2

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I would guess them releasing a expansion is how they are letting you know. I doubt they will come out and say “We were wrong, Valve couldn’t do it with HL2, we were silly to think we could”. But they won’t, and really I’m unsure if they even have things completely planned out for post HoT release.

However that doesn’t change the fact that no matter what they do at this point, people will be upset. If they scale back development on HoT to release interim content then HoT will be delayed and people will get upset, or they don’t release content stick to their target release timeframe, and deal with flood of nasty comments about content drought. They are probably content with the latter since GW2 being a B2P is designed to be a more casual friendly approach, so they don’t care much if you go off and play something else knowing that there is a good chance you will come back.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Pond water is stagnant. GW2 is just fine. I want an expac too, but there is always something to do. Does the OP have map completion on EVERY toon?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

GW2 = Stagnent

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

>_> they are working on hot and other few(but big) changes, let them work in the updates/changes, rushed content and code comes always borked.

Attachments:

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.