GW2 The Best MMORPG

GW2 The Best MMORPG

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

I love GW2. Looking forward to buy the 2nd expansion.

I have few request here:

1. 1st person camera. A very realistic one where u can see your chest if you look down. Just for immersion entering tight place.

2. More face pack, hairstyles, boobs slider

3. New classes

4. New races

5. New SPVP maps

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

1. I personally have no need for that so i wouldnt want resources spent on it especially since im not sure how easy it is to do if they want to make it look good

2. Tbh i think we got a lot of new Hairstyles over time already…

But there is one thing Anet just seems to 100% forget about even though it is very important in that matter:
All those epic new colors added to Hairstyle-Kits …. Are sort of useless on some of the Charr Hairstyles because the Accessory Color on Charr is sometimes part of the Hair
and *NOT A SINGLE NEW COLOR has been added to Accessory Colors

And what makes this 100x worse is that the Accessory Colors had basically no choices to begin with … missing so many basic colors… no real red no real blue

So please Anet just add all the colors you added for Hairystle to the Accessory Part too…. Have some love for Charr

3. yes but i rather wait and have it dont right

4. would be nice but only if it doesnt take up too much resources from other important things

5. Fully Agree … doesnt need many new maps but 1-2 new & balanced ones for Conquest would be epic

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

“2. More face pack, hairstyles, boobs slider”

Yes yes yes. I am tired of just slightly different hair colors. I wan new hair styles, and new faces would be nice too.
As for the boob sliders… GW2 is far behind other games for making customized characters. Even older games have better character creation.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Klowdy.3126

Klowdy.3126

“2. More face pack, hairstyles, boobs slider”

Yes yes yes. I am tired of just slightly different hair colors. I wan new hair styles, and new faces would be nice too.
As for the boob sliders… GW2 is far behind other games for making customized characters. Even older games have better character creation.

BDO has an awesome character creation mini game, lol. The different classes are all locked to one template, but you can do so much with it. There is a video on YouTube where someone took a valkyrie (a female character) and made it look like Michael Jackson, dead on. That game is worth it for that reason alone, even if you never log onto your character.

I would love to see new races and classes here, though.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I’ve heard good things about FF XIV too, GW2 just feels a little dated to me at this point, especially presentation wise .

I only usually play WvW though, I never felt like PVE felt engrossing enough or had much to do. The new Zones are much better, but beyond grinding, something like HoT Hero points, there hasn’t been much for me to do anymore, with the amount of time I want to play.

It’s still a very good MMO, it’s just that WvW is alot less populated than 2 years ago, there needs to be better profession balance for each game mode and the engine could do with some optimization.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

GWII is my number 1 game of all time.

I may not play it as much as I use to, and I may not enjoy it the way I use to back when it was new, but it is the only game that makes me keep coming back.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I don’t think FFXIV has a better character creator than GW2. FFXIV has more options but those are all discrete choices. GW2 has continuous sliders so you can get the property closer to what you want, and it also has a better dye system. Also, GW2 may not have boob and muscle sliders but they have a lot of preset body types, and personally I found the type of body I wanted for all my humans and norns so I have nothing to complain about there. Not saying that GW2’s character creator couldn’t be improved with 2017 tech, but it’s not awful either. I think GW2 got character creator tech from another NCSoft game (Aion?) but then put tighter limits to the slider to prevent players from creating characters that are too much out of proportions.

As for BDO, well duh, of course it has the best character creator, the game is basically designed to let you create perfect drop dead gorgeous female characters because later they’re going to sell you sexy gear for her in the store. The gear female characters get in-game is very ugly, and that’s for a reason.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

not to cause a panic or anything but I think we are at the point in the games life where we will see new content wrather than game changes like new races and camera reworks. With atleast 1 more campaign they are probably going to round out the game as is and then turn to either 1 last expansion or just simply move onto gw3 maybe. Its exactly what they did with gw1 at it worked. Only they did that after just 2years of gw1, in gw2 we are working on year 5.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Im still waiting for added dx11/12 support. Its 2017 for f sake. AAA title but it feels more like its runned up by some indie studio.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Im still waiting for added dx11/12 support. Its 2017 for f sake. AAA title but it feels more like its runned up by some indie studio.

I keep seeing people say that, and … what do you think that DirectX 11 or 12 support will actually do for GW2?

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

Body sliders would be awesome, but unlikely. I’d settle for more customization options. Jewelry, scars, tattoos, make up, etc. And more customizability in clothes too. More options for everyone.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Sznurek.8791

Sznurek.8791

Yeah I would love some muscle slider but I am sure it’s never going to happen.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Id instantly buy a makeover kit if they introduced sliders… but yeah they don’t care enough.

Stella Truth Seeker

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

… Only they did that after just 2years of gw1, in gw2 we are working on year 5.

GW1 came out on April 28, 2005.
GW2 came out on August 28, 2012.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I keep seeing people say that, and … what do you think that DirectX 11 or 12 support will actually do for GW2?

Improve performance, add multithreading support and maybe remove.. all the ugly as f textures from 1990.

Dx9 is ridiculous old technology.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Improve performance, add multithreading support

It was explained some time ago that multi threading (and DX12) won’t do any good to the game because the main thread of the game is the bottleneck and it cannot be split into multiple threads.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Pan Naturalny.3785

Pan Naturalny.3785

And don’t forget about the genital slider. So needed.

""My Dreaming Ends, Your Nightmare Begins" C’thun.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

to me both ESO and GW2 are the top 2 MMOs (btp) now

GW2 The Best MMORPG

SlippyCheeze.5483

Improve performance, add multithreading support and maybe remove.. all the ugly as f textures from 1990.

Dx9 is ridiculous old technology.

I see. So, useful facts for you:

DX11 or DX12 are not substantially more efficient, except in the case of multi-threaded engines being able to concurrently construct frames without hitting some of the internal locks in the graphics engine on the submission path.

Multi-threading is actually limited by the GW2 parts of the stack, not the DirectX parts, and while it might improve performance, it’s probably better to focus on the actual change (better multi-threading in the GW2 client) than something unrelated (change DirectX version) if you want to advocate for it.

…and, eh, “remove the ugly textures”?!?!? I’m really not sure what you imagine DirectX is, but … I just want you to know that regardless of what version of DirectX the engine of your game uses, Microsoft don’t send magical texture pixies in to replace the assets supplied by the game developer.

(Unless you are theorising that the textures are unable to be changed because of some limitation in older versions of DirectX, rather than because those are the textures the game has, or something?)

So, the short version is: none of the things you imagine would be improved by this have anything to do with the DirectX version.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

only thing I ask for are more utility skills…

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

And don’t forget about the genital slider. So needed.

/signed

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Except for raiding, and class balance which gives rise to the BS meta. WoWfor all its staleness at least makes every single class and spec viable in the first couple tiers of PVE content.

This is why GW2 Raids need to have at least a lower tier if not 4 like Fractals.

This game used to be a place where casuals could come and be welcome, and run things for fun with moderate stress free rewards (no I’m not talking insights, though in a lower tier an insight drop should be as likely as an Ascended chest in T1/T2 Fractals.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

SlippyCheeze.5483

Except for raiding, and class balance which gives rise to the BS meta. WoW for all its staleness at least makes every single class and spec viable in the first couple tiers of PVE content.

As someone who raided LFR through to heroic (cough sorry, no it’s “mythic” cough) in WoW, and who maintained rotation addons, did theorycrafting, and worked on the simulator, I can tell you that you are absolutely, without a doubt, completely and utterly wrong about the “lack of meta” in WoW.

Surely you remember the great Frost to Unholy push for DKs? The changing roles of monks? FistWeaving vs direct healing for them? Stat preference and mitigation changes for BM? The shield and atonement changes that flipped between holy and disc like a wild wind? The ranger spec changes that moved BM in and out of desirability?

…and that was two raid tiers in a single xpac, and not even all the changes. The GW2 meta is, in fact, exactly familiar: people look at differences in theoretical DPS that are mostly in the realm of “noise”, interpret that to be “god tier” vs “absolute trash” even if it is less than ten percent direct DPS, or where there are cleave vs single target distinctions, or where utility makes all the difference.

No matter how well balanced the classes are — and I assure you that ANet have good, solid metrics on how classes perform in the real world, from their game, which they mine for data on the actual balance — the “meta” will always be there.

Contrast it with, of course, people doing 5-person kills of raid bosses, teams clearing content without needing this exact meta selection, etc. WoW was exactly the same: good teams would be clearing the top two tiers (normal and heroic, in my head, but heroic and mythic now) in dungeon blues in the first week, happily.

The “meta” is a myth, created by players who think that the class is more important than skill. In my experience, this is usually because they play roughly as badly on any class, so for them it is actually true…

This is why GW2 Raids need to have at least a lower tier if not 4 like Fractals.

This game used to be a place where casuals could come and be welcome, and run things for fun with moderate stress free rewards (no I’m not talking insights, though in a lower tier an insight drop should be as likely as an Ascended chest in T1/T2 Fractals.

It still is. Have any of those places been removed? Have new fractals been introduced? Has more open world content showed up? hint: yes, yes it has.

GW2 The Best MMORPG

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@nerovergil.5408 this must be yor first MMO.

ANd SlippyCheeze.5483, playing meta means play what is more efective and makes less efort to play, u have alot of builds that do this in this game, being at pve or pvp.
So its not a myth, even Anet stated they would change metas over time, wich means pay atention to what gets changed to get more carried than non “meta” builds.

Its not a myth because the gap between what players define meta and non meta is a huge gap on the build performance by itself.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)