GW2 after 11 months

GW2 after 11 months

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Well, I’m not someone to judge something right off the bat, thus I’ve been playing GW2 for 11 months now hoping for an improvement.

This is what I think of it:

1 – Zergs: Everywhere you go, you see Zergs, most of the fights are based around zergs. WvW? Zerg! PvP? Zerg! Now PvE? Zerg! Barely any strategy.

2- Achievement Points: The achievement points system is the worst I’ve seen so far. Other than the fact that if you played GW1 and did nothing but the dailies/monthly for the past 11 months, you should have at least 6k AP. Making AP mean absolutely NOTHING. Working for one Legendary takes months, yet you are awarded with 5 AP where as doing a daily, which takes 10 min, awards you with 15 AP.
The achievement point system is lazy at best, instead of putting in so many little fun achievements to do, they just put one big one that lasts a lifetime. Kill 1000 enemies of certain type, kill x number of players in WvW, kill x number of dolyaks in WvW, win x times in sPvP, kill x times in sPvP. Then you have the activities which have ridiculous numbers as well making you grind over and over again.
The jumping puzzles and explorer achievements are on the right track, but you can finish those in less than few weeks.

3- Economy: The in game economy is going from bad, to worse. With the last champion update, many people ended up with tons of money from farming, which caused a major inflation. T6 mats and precursors have gone up in price. They release stuff without giving it a second thought, like those who are farming the gauntlet, and the new exotic skins dropped from champ bags.

4- Dungeons: The only real dungeon they released was the Aetherblade one. That felt like a true challenge with all the achievements with it. However, that was temporary. Apparently, to Anet logic, all of the dungeons have the same difficulty except AC and Arah. TA, CM, and CoE rewards the same as CoF P1, which shouldn’t be the case.

5- In-game Details: There are a lot of important details found in other games that should have been taken into consideration at the beginning of the game. Such as sticky target, target middle of screen, squad window showing joined people, minis window to access them anywhere, … etc.

How to improve?

1- Release permanent content that relies on strategy and tactics more than zergs.
2- Add many little fun achievements instead of the big bulky ones, and remove AP from dailies, monthly, Hall of Monument. In other words, make the Achievement point system totally related to how much you’ve accomplished in GUILD WARS 2. This will give the AP system some actual meaning. Take WoW for example, having 7k AP in WoW means you have done A LOT, where as in GW2 7k AP means you did dailies/monthly everyday and possibly HoM, you haven’t actually accomplished anything.
3- Make champion loot bags drop once per day for every champion type.
4- Increase the drop rate of precursors. We shouldn’t pay 600g for an exotic. This is absurd. Gathering the rest of the requirements isn’t a joke. You still need 200 Lodestones, 250 of every T6, more than 300 SP, 500 tokens of a certain dungeon, and a sigil.

Edit: Removed some unwanted attention lol

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

(edited by Azraeel.1238)

GW2 after 11 months

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I agree with your post, I hate the fact that the game has turned into mindless zerging of PvE / PvP content and “earn the most gold possible by exploiting content that was released to be fun – not gold pinatas”

However you’re going to lose a lot of support and credibility (and people won’t take your post seriously) with this comment in it.

if things stay the way they are, I might quit GW2.

The “I quit” or “I’m gonna quit if____” threads are very unpopular here and generally just attract trolls. But aside from that I do agree with your post in its entirety. Though I don’t think Precursors should be cheaper – there just needs to be more ways of obtaining them which Anet has already said is on the way.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

GW2 after 11 months

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

No no I know don’t get me wrong I’m just saying people usually grab the torches and pitchforks when they see those words strung together in that way despite how many valid points are before it. Even if the word “might” is included.

GW2 after 11 months

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Okay, removed that xD. Not my intention to divert the discussion somewhere else. I’d like to see if people agree with what I said concerning the game issues.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

GW2 after 11 months

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

1- Release permanent content that relies on strategy and tactics more than zergs.

People will complain because they are forced to play in a group

2- Add many little fun achievements instead of the big bulky ones, and remove AP from dailies, monthly, Hall of Monument. In other words, make the Achievement point system totally related to how much you’ve accomplished in GUILD WARS 2. This will give the AP system some actual meaning. Take WoW for example, having 7k AP in WoW means you have done A LOT, where as in GW2 7k AP means you did dailies/monthly everyday and possibly HoM, you haven’t actually accomplished anything.

WoW is a bad example imo because there isn’t a reward for the total achievementpoints. But! The way APs are distributed in GW2 is not balanced at all. Compare the amount of points you get out of JPs and the amount of time you have to invest with the WvW achievements.

3- Make champion loot bags drop once per day for every champion type.

Would lead to checklist farming. The zerg farming can’t be fixed.

4- Increase the drop rate of precursors. We shouldn’t pay 600g for an exotic. This is absurd. Gathering the rest of the requirements isn’t a joke. You still need 200 Lodestones, 250 of every T6, more than 300 SP, 500 tokens of a certain dungeon, and a sigil.

Increased drop rate -> higher supply which leads to higher demand -> price won’t change

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.