GW2 becoming more Gear based ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

After hearing the trait changes to HoT, stats being adjusted from traits to armor, does that means our beloved skill based game is becoming most GEAR dependent??? Is that true?

I’ll have to work to get character full ascended? really? i think im lost, someone pls help me.

I left other games tired of the gear dependent since im a casual player.

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

One positive way to look at it could be that maybe they’ll actually give ascended weapons and armor better stat gains to justify their costs as opposed to ascended trinkets which already have good stat gains. As it stands now, I don’t even bother with ascended gear beyond trinkets.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

No…….the greatest player in game will continue to be the one with the most outfits and unlocked dyes -__-

On a serious note the next thing to focus will be the new mastery system. I hope someone more Knowledgeable will explain that to you but it is not going to be gear based to answer your primary doubt.

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

No…….the greatest player in game will continue to be the one with the most outfits and unlocked dyes -__-

On a serious note the next thing to focus will be the new mastery system. I hope someone more Knowledgeable will explain that to you but it is not going to be gear based to answer your primary doubt.

i hope not Ankushup, i hate farming and def leaving the game if they change the Skill>Gear.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

i expect the ratio from gear level to gear level to be the same so it won’t end up mattering anymore than it currently does

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Even if Anet did go more of a gear progression route, it wouldn’t actually effect most players. Unless they raise the level cap or create content that requires better gear, then the gear you have or can attain as a casual will not be affected. WvW is only place where gear progression might have an issue, though that could be easily worked around.