GW2 breaks 7.3 million

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Although total sales are not necessarily indicative to active players the numbers are still looking pretty good.

7.3 million. Not bad at all.

Does this makes GW2 the 2nd biggest western MMO?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/10/guild-wars-2-selling-well-in-china/

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

I don’t think anybody expected China to already have doubled total gw2 sales. I’m stunned by how fast they have adopted this game despite having to buy it! PC gaming saved!?

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

Then they’ll discover WvW and ask for competitive game mode…
OOops ! Already buyed the game and now Anet doesn’t care anymore about me !

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Great news. Hopefully those players are spending money in the cash shop. Their box was very cheap. I think 4 million Chinese box sales is about equivalent to 300,000 US/EU box sales.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Great news. Hopefully those players are spending money in the cash shop. Their box was very cheap. I think 4 million Chinese box sales is about equivalent to 300,000 US/EU box sales.

less than that probably, they just get royalties, not sale profits, but more money , is more money.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Although total sales are not necessarily indicative to active players the numbers are still looking pretty good.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/10/guild-wars-2-selling-well-in-china/

GW2 is now the 2nd highest best selling MMORPG of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PC

Grats ArenaNet!

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

and do not forget the multiple account buyers to sell lvl 80 chars in China they are many.It’s like a job.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

That’s a lot of money to invest for new WvW maps.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

Good, more yuan means more game content.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

I wish Anet would release total active account numbers too. I know it will be arbitrary (how often they log in, how long are they logged in, are they spending money, etc) but it would be nice to be able to compare it to others MMOs with a bit more accuracy.

Still, I’m excited to see what this means for the future of the game. Definitely a huge mile marker for the company and community.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Time for an expansion I’d say.

Valar Morghulis

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I did never expect the journalism in this sector works like Chinese whispers or telephone game. The authors broke obviously the most important rule: always check your sources and ask for confirmations.

Expansion started July 1st.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I wish Anet would release total active account numbers too. I know it will be arbitrary (how often they log in, how long are they logged in, are they spending money, etc) but it would be nice to be able to compare it to others MMOs with a bit more accuracy.

Still, I’m excited to see what this means for the future of the game. Definitely a huge mile marker for the company and community.

Do you seriously believe MMOs that publish those “numbers”?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

LS is not even close to an expansion

Professional noob guardian

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

No. It’s second place, just like GW1 was.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Belenwyn.8674

LS + Feature Pack is much better than expansion.

Season 2 is one of the major projects they worked behind the stage. Season 3 is another one.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Nat.4029

I did never expect the journalism in this sector works like Chinese whispers or telephone game. The authors broke obviously the most important rule: always check your sources and ask for confirmations.

Lolz!

Valar Morghulis

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Nat.4029

Season 2 is one of the major projects they worked behind the stage. Season 3 is another one.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt since none of us really know how much content will be unveiled during the course of Season 2.

Valar Morghulis

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Wow. Just… wow. I’d understand if you said LS2 was faster or more accessible, but it AND the feature update is “better”?

I think you’ve been playing games with a very low quality threshold for expansions.

I would really hope they don’t consider LS to be a “behind the stage” project. Everyone KNOWS it’s happening. Everyone KNOWS they’re working on it. If those are the big secret projects, then there’s really nothing big left to look forward to. I’d rather hope that the secret stuff is something else.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Wow. Just… wow. I’d understand if you said LS2 was faster or more accessible, but it AND the feature update is “better”?

I think you’ve been playing games with a very low quality threshold for expansions.

I would really hope they don’t consider LS to be a “behind the stage” project. Everyone KNOWS it’s happening. Everyone KNOWS they’re working on it. If those are the big secret projects, then there’s really nothing big left to look forward to. I’d rather hope that the secret stuff is something else.

I’m convinced the secret stuff has nothing to do with LS season 2 or, if it does, it’s big stuff that will be released as part of the season. I mean if they released a new profession or new weapons as part of the season, that would still be a big thing. It just wouldn’t be delivered via expansion.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Belenwyn.8674

We knew season 2 would come. But we didn’t and don’t know what content the season has in store beyond pure story. Season 1 was mainly an empty casing because only the LW teams had produced content. Now I predict the content teams have stuff to fill the casing with meaty things: zones, JPs, dungeons, new skills (if they fit into the story) and skins, maybe new weapons (if the story can introduce them). Things that do not fit onto the story will be delivered by the next feature pack – another major project: new traits, skills , weapons, PvP modes/maps, masteries for WvW etc.

As you mentioned LW concept is faster accessible and provides content as steady stream. An expansion you think of would deliver the same amount all at once.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m convinced the secret stuff has nothing to do with LS season 2 or, if it does, it’s big stuff that will be released as part of the season. I mean if they released a new profession or new weapons as part of the season, that would still be a big thing. It just wouldn’t be delivered via expansion.

Okay, that I could agree with. Everyone knows LS2 and LS3 are coming, so that’s not a secret. But something like a new race or profession would be a good behind the scenes secret project, even if it does come out as part of the LS.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I said many times that GW2 have second biggest MMORPG community on the world but some people here were making fun of me with that.This is post that proved my point.No matter how many players play our version…just China alone make this game biggest community after WOW.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

This is good news for Anet’s long term viability, and consequently, the Guild Wars IP.

Which makes me happy.

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Silver is nicer than Gold. 2nd place pride!

GW2 breaks 7.3 million

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

To celebrate, new items in the cash shop!