GW2 champions guide

GW2 champions guide

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/03/gw2-champions-guide/

There are champions in other zones besides Queensdale. Go get them farmers.

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Don’t you know that the people who farm these kinds of things refuse to do anything but the fastest (easiest) content? Those other champions may as well not exist.

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Those are Champions of the unfought

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

GW2 champions guide

Onshidesigns.1069

If farmers want easy champs to kill. There are 3 other beginner zones. Anet just needs to increase the number to 6 champs in three zones.
*Queensdale 6 champs
*Wayfarer Foothills 3 champs
*Caledon Forest 5 champs
*Plains of Ashford 6 champs
*adding Metrica Province 4 champs (3 if no one has key for Steam Orge)

Some higher level zones are lacking in the number of champions. Anet should put 8 to 10 champs in those zones.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe there are some in Metrica, as well. =)

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

If farmers want easy champs to kill. There are 3 other beginner zones. Anet just needs to increase the number to 6 champs in three zones.
*Queensdale 6 champs
*Wayfarer Foothills 3 champs
*Caledon Forest 5 champs
*Plains of Ashford 6 champs
*adding Metrica Province 4 champs (3 if no one has key for Steam Orge)

Some higher level zones are lacking in the number of champions. Anet should put 8 to 10 champs in those zones.

I agree completely. Wayfarer Foothills was my favorite beginner zone until the champ loot change. I still like taking in the scenery there, but the 3 champs are on long timers, shortest being wolfmaster which I haven’t timed.

The Queensdale train can make quite a few loops in the time it takes the 3 champs in Wayfarer to spawn once. I guess humans really are the most persecuted race in the game. Giant bugs, boars, trees, trolls and even other humans. And you can’t forget Shadow Behemoth….humans are even attacked by big shadows.

All of the areas in between starters and FGS/Orr are pretty quiet even on very high population servers. Not asking for a nerf to Queensdale or FGS. Just a little love or incentive for the rest of the map.

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

there are champs in other areas but in the high level areas you get all exotic boxes, i don’t want to waste time killing a queensdale champ for a white box when i can get a guaranteed exo box from somewhere else for the same effort.

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If you ask me the champ train in Queensdale gives new players a bad introduction to the game and how us current players play it and about how this game should be played………

It also takes out any of the fun of discovering these champions on their own by just coming across them like most of us did in our first days here. Now its everyone in map chat yelling out what champs are up, or asking what the rotation is.

I REALLY hope that the work they are doing on the event rewards are on a par with these boxes. But then again my concern is even if so will people still bother? Sure some soloers might. But a lot of events take longer to do than simply killing a champ would. Also some of those events which take so many minutes always (such as protect x area for 3-5 mins) NEVER have any extra reward for the extra time they take to complete so I’m sure these ones would be ignored altogether….

I dunno but perhaps they should make ALL champs truly “Dynamic” by having them appear/spawn in random places and at random times? I know this kind of goes against how the boar event works. Perhaps make him a Vet? Remove all champs from “events” and just make them stand alone perhaps?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

If you ask me the champ train in Queensdale gives new players a bad introduction to the game and how us current players play it and about how this game should be played………

When I’m in Queensdale I like to help new players. I go there often just to do so. I’ve seen some new players in the zerg train asking questions about where to go next and what not. I offer to show them the routes and WPs as this was the information they were seeking. After I show them then I generally say something like, “So, have you gotten the skill point in the swamp yet?” or “Have you done any jump puzzles yet?” Then I borrow them from the zerg and show them around a bit more outside the champion circle. The response has generally been favorable.

The Burninator

GW2 champions guide

Paulytnz.7619

When I’m in Queensdale I like to help new players. I go there often just to do so. I’ve seen some new players in the zerg train asking questions about where to go next and what not. I offer to show them the routes and WPs as this was the information they were seeking. After I show them then I generally say something like, “So, have you gotten the skill point in the swamp yet?” or “Have you done any jump puzzles yet?” Then I borrow them from the zerg and show them around a bit more outside the champion circle. The response has generally been favorable.

Well that’s all good and all but you know this could have been done and even was before the champ rewards came along. I used to go there and throw my commander tag up and offer to take anyone wanting to right through all the chest locations to and through to the end of the JP.

My point about these champ trains is these new players get into the game and the first thing they see is a bunch of players running around in an endless circle for shinies ignoring the rest of the game content.

What’s worse is you get people yelling at each other and arguing not to kill this or that champ yet because the rest of the zerg is not there. Heaven forbid some new player starts one off by accident and then gets yelled at by everyone else in the map.

I don’t know, I know champs needed a boost to their rewards but perhaps it should have been done at the same time as event rewards?

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Well that’s all good and all but you know this could have been done and even was before the champ rewards came along. I used to go there and throw my commander tag up and offer to take anyone wanting to right through all the chest locations to and through to the end of the JP.

Did I say i didn’t do things like that before the champ trains? I was responding to your thoughts on how they are bad for new players and how I try to help players get outside the zerg to find the actual content. I do it without a commander tag too.

The Burninator

GW2 champions guide

Onshidesigns.1069

I didn’t make this post to criticize champ trains. I just would like them spread around all the game world. Instead of staying in just one zone.

GW2 champions guide

Paulytnz.7619

I didn’t make this post to criticize champ trains. I just would like them spread around all the game world. Instead of staying in just one zone.

Sadly that wont happen. Why? Well for one thing Queensdale has the most champs so far of all the starting areas. Secondly they have a lot less HP that maps beyond lvl 15 have and are a lot easier to kill. Thirdly people were killing these champs even before the champ chests came out simply because it was a fast way of levelling without too much risk.

Now if they had INDEED simply made it that these chests ONLY dropped zone specific crafting mats then I am sure we would be seeing people taking on champs on more of the maps.

Look at the prices of some of the mid level crafting mats, they are expensive mainly because not many people play in those maps to gather them. This whole champ chest loot thing could have helped there but no it didn’t.

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

A large number of people in queens are there because they were there even before champ loot was put in, and the champs there are easy to get to, and plentiful in number. Also, most of the champs are tied to events so the players are getting event completion, and karma as well.

If someone were to suggest another zone for a champ train to to, Bloodtide coast might be a candidate, depending on the spawn time of these events. (no idea how often the events occur, so it may end up being a pretty bad zone)

Kill the Deep Sea Shark
Kill the rampaging jungle troll Either there is a way to start him that’s not on the wiki, or he is on a long respawn timer.
Protect Bill and Hekja as they clear Risen from the area
Kill the crazed champion canyon spider queen
Kill the giant blood ooze
Slay the Orrian Terror from the deep

I’m not sure, but I think there might be another champ I’ve seen before that isn’t on dulfy’s list.

If bloodtide turns out to be a good spot, someone would probably have to popularize it as a place to get decent karma along with champ boxes before people will start to move there.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

(edited by Lambent.6375)

GW2 champions guide

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

The only appeal to Queensdale over Frostgorge is that each champ is a group kill event. You still make more from the guaranteed exotic boxes up in the cold, so the main attraction would be karma.

And since I need karma and don’t like Queensdale, I’m with Lambent on that Bloodtide suggestion. I know the terror and spider queen are close to WPs; shark and jungle troll are about as long a run as FG’s troll. Don’t know about the ooze.

Disciple of Quag