GW2 crafting system is horrendous..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Played MANY mmos and the crafting in this game is Brutally tedious and annoying compared to others out there…

the moment you want to craft anything that is even a little remotely useful

-you get the mats to craft something that is needed to craft something so with that you can craft the stuff that is needed to actualy craft the thing you want……………

are you serious ?
and the worst part is when half of that is even time gated… like are you seriously serious ?

im not realy a crafter player… i usually don’t craft but when i DO craft im fine with it… but the crafting in GW2 is just a Boring and annoying chore and outright stupid………

just… NO…
im just staying with Trade market and buying everything outright this aint worth it…

i mean come oooon i need to use the kitten Wiki to see the CHAIN crafting list i need to go through to craft a single item so i know whats the 5 million of mats i need for the 5 milion stuff i need for the other stuff i need for the stuff i actualy need…..

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

Posted by: Cracker.7324

Cracker.7324

It is a Legendary for a reason. If it was easy it would be named something else. It is supposed to be a journey to get the materials and craft, not a week long hopscotch and Skip To My Lou my darling. Earn your shinny weapon, this isn’t welfare wars.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

i mean come oooon i need to use the kitten Wiki to see the CHAIN crafting list i need to go through to craft a single item so i know whats the 5 million of mats i need for the 5 milion stuff i need for the other stuff i need for the stuff i actualy need…..

If you click on the magnifying glass icon next to an ingredient, it takes you straight to that recipe so you can craft it. Then closing that recipe brings you back to the recipe you were previously on.

You can also right click any mats you need more of to bring up a TP window to buy it.

Zoltreez.6435

It is a Legendary for a reason. If it was easy it would be named something else. It is supposed to be a journey to get the materials and craft, not a week long hopscotch and Skip To My Lou my darling. Earn your shinny weapon, this isn’t welfare wars.

im not event talking about legendaries lol

also about your idea of jurney….. standing in 1 place with a book in 1 hand that lists 25625 stuff you need to do and click and a hammer in the other to do it is the jurney ???

give those gear items different materials that only drop from hard or specific things bosses and places and once you get them just freaking Build the item with those….

thats a jurney… standing next to a forge with the wiki open is not………

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Zoltreez.6435

If you click on the magnifying glass icon next to an ingredient, it takes you straight to that recipe so you can craft it. Then closing that recipe brings you back to the recipe you were previously on.

You can also right click any mats you need more of to bring up a TP window to buy it.

yeah and that recipe also have an item with a recipe that also have an item with a recip….

you realy don’t see a prob with this ?

this is a “We put a bag in your bags so you found bags when you open bags in your bag” issue just on a Crafting level….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

The part of the crafting system I have a problem with is the recipes themselves, and especially cooking, they are all over inflated requiring far to many materials. It’s a pity because I feel they could have had a good crafting system if it wasn’t for that.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The part of the crafting system I have a problem with is the recipes themselves, and especially cooking, they are all over inflated requiring far to many materials. It’s a pity because I feel they could have had a good crafting system if it wasn’t for that.

Cooking is the absolute cheapest and fastest to level, how is it over-inflated in any way?

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Levelling a craft like Leatherworker, Tailor or Huntsman from 0 to 500 takes only 90 to 120 minutes total, just the amount of time the crafting booster lasts. And it only costs like 30 to 50 gold, depending on the prices of materials and on how many you already own.

Sure, you have to craft stuff to learn crafting, but at least you can salvage the training items and get luck out of them or materials that you can reuse or sell. You also get about 12 levels for your character for each discipline if you are below 80.

What’s more boring and tedious, crafting for 2 hours to get 12 levels or doing hearts for many hours?

People in this game don’t spend much time levelling a craft, just like they don’t spend much time levelling characters to 80. You’ll spend much more time at the crafting station after you reached 500, but honestly, if the way to get to 500 requires too many materials and time for you, then you won’t enjoy crafting ascended stuff or legendary weapons either. And you really don’t need to max a craft unless you are going for that.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

you realy don’t see a prob with this ?

Just pointing out a detail you looked like you missed in you original post.

And to answer your question; apparently not.