GW2 for PS4

GW2 for PS4

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Guild Wars 2 need to release for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Sales will increase by 2000%.
The game is perfect for console, with some minor changes it will be one of the best games for console, on par with Diablo 3 or even better.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

I highly doubt that there are 20 times more users on a PS4 than on a PC.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

No, no, and hell no. Sure, they could sell more copies of the game, but the optimizations would cost ArenaNet millions of dollars. It is just not a worthwhile investment for ArenaNet. Besides, console players can’t handle playing on a keyboard.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This has been discussed many times before and it won’t happen.

The big problem is that console manufacturers place restrictions on how often games can be updated and want to inspect and approve each one before it goes out. Apparently they also charge developers for each update.

The only practical solution to that I’ve seen is to keep console and PC players completely separate and create a two tier system where updates come out first on the PC version and then later on consoles, maybe bundled together into 1 update per month.

Which in some ways might be better because it would mean patches would go out with all the bug fixes that usually come later, but I imagine it would also frustrate a lot of people that they’re having to wait longer for everything.

(Also whilst I realise it was hyperbole I want to point out that there’s no way it would increase sales 2000%. GW2 has already sold over 3 million copies world wide, 2000% of that would be 60 million. That’s more than the total number of Xbox One’s and PS4s combined.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Forged.7598

Forged.7598

No, no, and hell no. Sure, they could sell more copies of the game, but the optimizations would cost ArenaNet millions of dollars. It is just not a worthwhile investment for ArenaNet. Besides, console players can’t handle playing on a keyboard.

Hmm that’s funny… I play ffxiv on ultra with my PC, I also play the same account on my PS4 because the control scheme they created is brilliant.
It also has full M&KB support. Its utterly indistinguishable from PC.
Maxed out it looks the same even better fps in some cases for me.
But what would I know…

Its not as HARD as some still like to keep barking with the new Consoles hardware.
And FFXIV is not the only mmo or game with full M&KB support on PS4.
Don’t know if you have heard but all the next Big MMO releases are heading to PS4…

ESO is the only one that broke the trend by separating console and PC players (That’s if they ever get around to “Fixing it” then getting the console version out at all. ) (As far as new Gen.) DCUO also did; but that’s because it started on last Gen.

And some current MMOs are going to release versions for Ps4 this year.

Money is BS and not true as an excuse; maybe for wow because of its stone age code. However as much as I would like to see GW2 also adapt; with their already questionable deviations of funds I doubt anyone is going to give them the money to do so.
And as Far as the post after me; you are wrong also. Numbers would double… Just like they have for any of the online games that went PS4 so far…

I would love to see Gw2 do the same… Lets face it the game isn’t going to get any bigger. Unless they have some major changes. It will always be new content, woot! ZERG time again…
Pvp tho I will always come back for.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Forged.7598

Forged.7598

I meant to leave off saying the money thing about the first post. (as for post after me.)
Again FFXIV and a couple others as of date have done this and kept 1;1 with no issue at all.. Myth~

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

I meant to leave off saying the money thing about the first post. (as for post after me.)
Again FFXIV and a couple others as of date have done this and kept 1;1 with no issue at all.. Myth~

Final Fantasy 14 and others such as Elder Scrolls Online were developed with consoles in mind for their lead system. Just looking at the interface and you can see that. FF14 has a controller layout for their skillbar for example.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Furyan.9578

Furyan.9578

As long as it had mouse and keyboard support (and I had a PS4) I’d be down for it. I own a console but personally favor PC gaming, because I like to mod. Though, as others have said (and probably many more) it most likely won’t happen. Guild Wars 3 maybe but most likely not GW2

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Hmm that’s funny… I play ffxiv on ultra with my PC, I also play the same account on my PS4 because the control scheme they created is brilliant.
It also has full M&KB support. Its utterly indistinguishable from PC.
Maxed out it looks the same even better fps in some cases for me.
But what would I know…

Its not as HARD as some still like to keep barking with the new Consoles hardware.
And FFXIV is not the only mmo or game with full M&KB support on PS4.
Don’t know if you have heard but all the next Big MMO releases are heading to PS4…

ESO is the only one that broke the trend by separating console and PC players (That’s if they ever get around to “Fixing it” then getting the console version out at all. ) (As far as new Gen.) DCUO also did; but that’s because it started on last Gen.

And some current MMOs are going to release versions for Ps4 this year.

Money is BS and not true as an excuse; maybe for wow because of its stone age code. However as much as I would like to see GW2 also adapt; with their already questionable deviations of funds I doubt anyone is going to give them the money to do so.
And as Far as the post after me; you are wrong also. Numbers would double… Just like they have for any of the online games that went PS4 so far…

I would love to see Gw2 do the same… Lets face it the game isn’t going to get any bigger. Unless they have some major changes. It will always be new content, woot! ZERG time again…
Pvp tho I will always come back for.

The game has to be designed with consoles in mind. From scratch.
Do most (98%+) people that play MMOs on consoles use mouse and keyboard?
If not, I would definitely need to add another thing into my LFGs.
If I would be recruiter for a guild, it would be PC players only.
How fast and well can a console player not using mouse and keyboard change traits, skills, weapons, use food/potions (if he has 20-25 different kinds in his huge inventory), communicate by written text?
How well can he position?
It would totally break the player base on 2 separate camps. Very healthy.

edit
basically this

Final Fantasy 14 and others such as Elder Scrolls Online were developed with consoles in mind for their lead system. Just looking at the interface and you can see that. FF14 has a controller layout for their skillbar for example.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Allow those console wannabes to get a game, and they’ll start demanding this and that and complain about how hard is this and that.

No, thank you.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m sure if they start coding now it’ll be out by the time the PS6 and XBox Three hits market.

First it’s not a trivial port.

Second each of those eight cores are extremely low performing and a current top end i7 has problems at stock clocks. Imagine one with 20-30% the CPU power.

Only chance would be to port the game to a 3rd party engine with PS4/XBone/PC support already. And that would also take a large amount of time, even if you can move the art/animation/sound assets over for free (in terms of manpower).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The big problem is that console manufacturers place restrictions on how often games can be updated and want to inspect and approve each one before it goes out. Apparently they also charge developers for each update.

The only practical solution to that I’ve seen is to keep console and PC players completely separate and create a two tier system where updates come out first on the PC version and then later on consoles, maybe bundled together into 1 update per month.

Which in some ways might be better because it would mean patches would go out with all the bug fixes that usually come later, but I imagine it would also frustrate a lot of people that they’re having to wait longer for everything.

Seems like a good enough fix.

I’m sure if they start coding now it’ll be out by the time the PS6 and XBox Three hits market.

Second each of those eight cores are extremely low performing and a current top end i7 has problems at stock clocks. Imagine one with 20-30% the CPU power.

Only chance would be to port the game to a 3rd party engine with PS4/XBone/PC support already. And that would also take a large amount of time, even if you can move the art/animation/sound assets over for free (in terms of manpower).

Don’t think we want ANet to do the porting (I’d rather them work on content). So the first thing they’d need to do is find a partner to help with the port. I’d thing Sony would be a good bet because of SOE, so at least from a technical perspective some of the issues could be mitigated.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

Yes, we definitely need another half year of no updates while the game is ported to run just barely at minimum settings on consoles.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Please, no. Unless console players play with a mouse and a keyboard (which I doubt, because what’s the point playing a console then?) these players will become a liability in parties and group content. Better fix that Mac client many players are complaining about.

20 level 80s and counting.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

This has been discussed many times before and it won’t happen.

(Also whilst I realise it was hyperbole I want to point out that there’s no way it would increase sales 2000%. GW2 has already sold over 3 million copies world wide, 2000% of that would be 60 million. That’s more than the total number of Xbox One’s and PS4s combined.)

Wrong.

PS4 supports self publishing of patches. No approval needed. This was one of the selling points of the console to indy devs during E3 of 2013… It was literally all over the internet, being reported on by every major gaming news site in real time.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

How many times now has Anet said they have no plans to bring GW2 to consoles?

The game would have to be rebuilt from scratch to make it work on consoles not to mention the restrictions that consoles have on them, hardware and how updates work.

On PC they can design and make GW2 as they want. On consoles they have to make it within tech specs and and how Microsoft or Sony say they have to.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Let’s add one more to the tally.

We currently have no plans to port Guild Wars 2 to console.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

You positive or you negative?

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

You positive or you negative?

rolls eyes

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

No plans because IT’S ALREADY BEEN DONE! trollface.gif

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

I play ffxiv

It’s OK, we’ve all made mistakes.

The hilarity of this post may or may not have induced snarfing.

(edited by Reaven.3958)

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Why anyone would want this on console is completely mind-boggling. If you want to play this game like a console, map your favorite control and go to town.

Arena most likely doesn’t have the resources to support a console port anyway. It would be a huge effort for not a very big gain, if it didn’t end up becoming a money sink.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

I play ffxiv

It’s OK, we’ve all made mistakes.

lol! I haven’t played the game, but I’ve watched a bunch of videos of it. Combat looks so boring compared to GW2. That said, if it went F2P or B2P, I’d play it to go through the story since I’m a fan of the single player FF games (except XIII). GW2 would still be my main MMO though.

GW2 doesn’t need a console release. From what I can tell, it seems the vast majority of FFXIV players are on PC. I can’t see a console GW2 bringing in enough players to justify the effort to port the game to consoles.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

It will require further “simplification” of the game. So no

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

And for mobile phone’s? :=)

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

not that care if this ever went to console or not, but I have to admit, Diablo 3 and FF14 on console are kitten good

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Thats what GW2 needs, and influx of crying 8 year olds. We already have that. The stupidness of console chat between matches is why i game on a PC.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: The Comfy Chair.7265

The Comfy Chair.7265

In the time it’d take to develop GW2 for something like a PS4 or Xbone, they may as well, since the best phones will outstrip them! Especially on the graphics performance side.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

On potato system 4, enjoy the 5fps in wvw zerg.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

How about my 3DS? Then I could play on the train. But not on Tuesdays, the patches would probably be so slow I’d be home before it finished.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Imagine if you will, that 90% of the playerbase is running Guild Wars 2 on older technology, on systems that would make last gen consoles seem powerful by comparison. Also imagine if you will, that GW2 runs on a graphics engine that is based on an even older graphics engine (that is 10 years old, at least)

Bringing GW2 to Console wouldn’t be a huge problem, though it would require optimization for system hardware that no one in Anet has any experience working on, and because of the difference between console and pc hardware, Anet would be effectively making 2 versions of the game, possibly doubling development costs. Its not worth it.

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

THIS

Seriously guys. There is no more need to keep this thread any longer open after this very clear and very unmissunderstandable answer.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

GW2 for PS4

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Aw, not even for the Sega Master System? I still have one of those! Golvellius! Wonder Boy in Monster Land! GW2!

Well, I guess two out of three ain’t bad. :-D

The table is a fable.