GW2 has two paths before it.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cromag.7195

Cromag.7195

Anet won’t reply to anything because as long as they are not collecting a monthly fee they can do what they want to the game. They can change their mind about everything that was the selling point of the game. We just got suckered by the hope of change in mmo’s.

Not quite right, there is always a lever. In this case it is the Gem Shop, the only revenue from the game they have after the initial game purchase (btw looking at the recent changes for mats and setting the bars up for getting items it begins to look like a f2p game for which I paid €55). Ignore the Gem Shop and they will start to feel it.

By the way now it is clear why they were so eager to get rid of bots. Prices for rare mats go up, at the same time they lower drop rates and introduce new recipes with very high material costs = buy gold with gems to get what you want or grind for months. At the same time introduce gear vertical progression, meaning you’ve only a time window where it makes sense to get the items = buy gems to get the items in time.

….nothing more to say

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Please ANet, there are many many good alternate options being posted as to how you could appease the masses; listen to them. One-off events may sound good on paper but it alienates your playerbase, same goes for the new tier of equipment and new skins being RNG (chests) only. If however you are only listening to some accountant trying to nickel and dime the players, soon you will be without the later and have no need of the former. Bring the spirit of the game we were longing for back to us.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

When you have a forum full of angry and upset and frustration…. its not a minority anymore.

Until you have figures showing how many people actually post here, versus those that don’t, you have no business really, saying that it is not a minority

True. However, same goes the other way. We also don’t know if it really is a minority.

but, if we take the forum as feedback, we cant say that the majority of player asked for a new stats tier. and without an in game survey, the forum is the only feedback they can use…i guess.

Again true. However, I’m not sure who said that majority asked for a treadmill.

All the people saying that those who don’t like gear progression are a “vocal minority” Anet shouldn’t listen to.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Anet won’t reply to anything because as long as they are not collecting a monthly fee they can do what they want to the game. They can change their mind about everything that was the selling point of the game. We just got suckered by the hope of change in mmo’s.

Not quite right, there is always a lever. In this case it is the Gem Shop, the only revenue from the game they have after the initial game purchase (btw looking at the recent changes for mats and setting the bars up for getting items it begins to look like a f2p game for which I paid €55). Ignore the Gem Shop and they will start to feel it.

By the way now it is clear why they were so eager to get rid of bots. Prices for rare mats go up, at the same time they lower drop rates and introduce new recipes with very high material costs = buy gold with gems to get what you want or grind for months. At the same time introduce gear vertical progression, meaning you’ve only a time window where it makes sense to get the items = buy gems to get the items in time.

….nothing more to say

How does that theory fit with some of the Ascended components being bind on pickup ?
You can’t buy them. Instead you have to grind them.

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

If this is the case, then it’s really sad how all of the potential GW2 had could be thrown out the window by a few (or one) executive at the top.

Yeah, then I wish I could throw HIM/HER/IT out of the window

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: Cromag.7195

Cromag.7195

….nothing more to say

How does that theory fit with some of the Ascended components being bind on pickup ?
You can’t buy them. Instead you have to grind them.

You need the materials to craft the upgrades “infusions” for the ascended items, which can only be applied to them. These will be introduced also in tiers.

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

….nothing more to say

Sadly, this is all too true. I really, really don’t want this game to implode in on itself. But it might be too late to stop it.

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

You only see backtracks from game designers with great rarity, there’s too much in the way of pride and careers invested in management decisions. The normal policy is to double down on your mistake, Vegas style.

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I think the choice was easy. All that they should’ve done was to follow their own manifesto. Simple as that. So whoever gets angry because of it, it’s not their problem.

That is the sad part. No matter what they did people would of made it their problem.

However, then one group would get annoyed at something which was stated as intent and which was implemented.
The others are now annoyed at something being implemented which breaks their stated intent.