GW2 in top 100 pc games.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Gtz to GW 2. It’s number 39 on the top 100 pc games in PC GAMER magazine. http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/08/30/the-pc-gamer-top-100/

vvuevv

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Better take that list with a massive bag of salt. When you put games like Half-life 2, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Elder Scrolls 4, for example, on there, but not their superior predecessors, than you know the list isn’t credible.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Not to sure that GW2 belongs on the top 100 list of all time.

Not that it matters either way. It’s just another in the long line of lists made by random people on the internet and is just someone’s opinion.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I would Not put much on that list, it seems to be a combination of " Old classics No one can argue about , combined with new mediocre games put out by companies that buy advertising space from our website that we cannot afford to kitten off, by leaving out a title they developed" list.

It’s basically a Brown-noser list, so that the developement companies can put out a Blurb on their websites… " we made the " name website that sells it’s reviews to big advertisers" top 100 list!!! "

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Subjective listings are subjective.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

A mere glance at the top 10 should be more than enough to dismiss the list as worthless.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

A list is nothing more than an opinion. If any of you where to write up a list, it would e one biased towards you tastes. Just as the one above is biased towards their editors tastes.

From this we can only gather one fact. It made their top 100 list.

Will it make your top 100 list or mine? That does not matter much, we are not the one with blogs, and thus there is not enough salt in the world…

Teh Ouchies

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

A mere glance at the top 10 should be more than enough to dismiss the list as worthless.

Wow. I just investigated further and Mass Effect 2 and 3 both made the top 10. Can’t even tell if this list is serious anymore…..

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim as #2. Mass Effect 3 as #8. Thanks for the link. The site was a good laugh.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Better take that list with a massive bag of salt. When you put games like Half-life 2, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Elder Scrolls 4, for example, on there, but not their superior predecessors, than you know the list isn’t credible.

Stop stealing my thoughts and making me think I make posts while I AFK :P

Also the reasons why it got spot 39:

Phil: “For all of the social promise offered by MMOs, it’s amazing how many fall apart when you try to play with friends. That Guild Wars 2 doesn’t is why I’ve spent nearly 500 hours playing it—hanging out with pals while also maybe killing a dragon. The lack of a subscription means it doesn’t feel like an obligation; the level downscaling makes it easy to group with anyone; and, even if playing alone, the multitude of events ensures there’s always someone to maybe kill a dragon with.”

Chris: When Guild Wars 2 was released, I was convinced that it marked the end of the World of Warcraft formula—from quests to subscriptions. That wasn’t quite right, as it turned out, but this is still the best game in its genre. Combat is fast, clear, and skill-based, and players have freedom to chart their own course through the world.

The ‘nearly 500 hours played’ part made me chuckle…

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Phil: “For all of the social promise offered by MMOs, it’s amazing how many fall apart when you try to play with friends. That Guild Wars 2 doesn’t is why I’ve spent nearly 500 hours playing it—hanging out with pals while also maybe killing a dragon. The lack of a subscription means it doesn’t feel like an obligation; the level downscaling makes it easy to group with anyone; and, even if playing alone, the multitude of events ensures there’s always someone to maybe kill a dragon with.”

Chris: When Guild Wars 2 was released, I was convinced that it marked the end of the World of Warcraft formula—from quests to subscriptions. That wasn’t quite right, as it turned out, but this is still the best game in its genre. Combat is fast, clear, and skill-based, and players have freedom to chart their own course through the world.

Sorry, but clone 4702 outranks clone 5803. You’ll be deferring to me for the time being.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Everyone’s got their own opinion of what their top 100 is. Some of these games you haven’t even played so you can’t make judge me if its good or not. I’m just sharing because GW2 made it in there somewhere.

vvuevv

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Sorry, but clone 4702 outranks clone 5803. You’ll be deferring to me for the time being.

Will do sempai

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Portal at #9 ugh… you sure this isn’t 100 most overrated games of all time?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

They lost me at putting FIFA above Bastion. Or on the list at all, for that matter.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Wow. I just investigated further and Mass Effect 2 and 3 both made the top 10. Can’t even tell if this list is serious anymore…..

Hey, hey, hey. Mass Effect 2 was an incredible game that fully deserves recognition among the best games. If it isn’t in the top 10, it’s definitely in the top 20.

Mass Effect 3, on the other hand, shouldn’t even be on the list.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Portal is OK, although Portal 2 is a lot better.

Anyway this is just a list. Lists are always subjective.

GW2 in top 100 pc games.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Is this thread filled with bitter internet forum-goers?

What’s wrong with Portal? o_O