GW2 is B2P, not F2P

GW2 is B2P, not F2P

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I bought the game knowing full-well what it had to offer, and rightly had expectations based on the information I had prior to purchasing it. But I also understood that there will be limitations.

The issue for me now is that when Anet implements features that affect me negatively, I have no options but to adapt (or quit). This would probably sound insensitive to most people, but I do not care about new players, and they shouldn’t have the ability to change my gameplay experience precisely because GW2 is B2P. If they want something different, then let them have it without affecting me. Major overhauls should be optional as per your model of choice – release expansions instead as you did with GW1. Let me pay for these changes.

As it is now, I can’t express my dislike with a sense of fulfillment by not subscribing anymore, or by not purchasing items from your cash shop like I can with F2P – because you already got my money when I bought the game. I can only air my grievances here.

As a preemptive against apologists: You can’t tell me I already got my money’s worth. That is for me to say. I didn’t ask for nor do I expect anything more than what I initially paid for. Anet chose to expend resources on things and gave it to me for free via LS and feature packs and I am grateful for it. But I shouldn’t be subjected to changes I don’t want when I choose to replay the game.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits