GW2 is so much better...

GW2 is so much better...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Odius.4705

Odius.4705

My friend and I recently fired up another MMO (which shall remain nameless) to go back and play around a little bit. Before GW2 came out, I thought this other MMO was awesome… Well, let me tell you, GW2 has really spoiled me. From superior graphics, brilliant level syncing, a far superior trading post, a much more vibrant and active world, much more engaging PvP, better art design, and a way better payment model, more interactive control scheme… Guild Wars 2 topped it in every category I can think of outside of a couple bells and whistles such as a dungeon finder.

To be honest, I was shocked at how much better Guild War 2 was. Has anybody else experienced this?

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Darkside.5679

Darkside.5679

I’m going to guess that this ‘other game’ is a certain 8 year old game that people still pay to play every month… I agree though there’s no going back after GW2 for me either, in fact, I wont ever pay a monthly fee to play an MMO again!

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Agreed.

As much as I have my own issues with GW2, it is still a great game underneath all the main problems. It is very hard to play another MMO after playing GW2. Just going to come out and say it, but I assume you are talking about WoW. I did the same thing as well. Went back to check on how the game was doing and I just couldn’t play it. Everything feels way outdated and so dull compared to GW2.

And it’s like that with all the recent MMOs I’ve been trying out. Got invited to a few betas for others, and they just don’t compare. The only other MMO I have been able to play is Defiance, and that’s just cause I’m excited for the TV show (Syfy addict).

But I do agree. It is hard to play any other MMO now after playing GW2.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

its amazing how people forget that GW2 has had the past 5+ years to create a modern game when comparing it other “Games” that have been out for 8 years not counting the 5 plus year development cycle before it even came out. yet GW2 still lacks so many things …

like right now another big named mmo will launch this year (last game had dragonborns?? should be a hint since the forum admins love banning people here and I wouldnt dare mention the MMO’s name) They re making a modern MMO that’s gonna be supporting DX11 out the box not counting all sorts of other improved elements that Im sure they are looking at and improving over GW2….

its just an endless cycle…pointless comparing games…..imo

Also you cant compare GW2 to other cheap F2P games…GW2 still does have an up front cost and a cash shop… so yeh its quality is gonna be better (or it better be) then most other F2P titles.

So comparing GW2 to the other MMO that OP was hinting at is stupid
especially when hinted game had started their development cycle well over a decade ago…and yet even though its lost a fair ammount of people its still making millions upon millions a month…thats pretty good imo…

Id love to see GW2 up there but sadly it will never be

(edited by Angelus.1042)

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

If I can say I think Icewind Dale 2 is a better game than any Call of Duty game, OP can say GW2 is better than _ _ _______.

Graphics aside, there’s not not much in way of difference between old MMOs and new MMOs. Persisting MMOs are improved as time passes.

I’d say it’s more impressive that GW2 manages to elicit these feelings a half year after launch when other MMOs have had, say, 9 years to fine tune and improve, some even reeling in another 25% of the game’s initial cost every month.

For a game that still feels incomplete in many ways, GW2 still accomplishes a lot (like how I’m still playing it). Given that it still has years of development ahead of it, I’m pretty kitten sure it’ll plod its way into being hands-down the best MMO around (bar some new MMO coming along and blowing everything out of the water, which I find doubtful).

Disciple of Quag

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: joric.1042

joric.1042

GW2 is the alpha dog on the block right now on the MMO scene. Tried going back to a couple of other MMOs, I didn’t stay long

Jorik Nightcloud
Beige(NUDE)
Crystal Desert

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I know exactly how you feel.

I can no longer play MMOS that do not have:

1. A Buy-to-play model.
2. Up to date graphics. The fact that the world in the distance looks like concept art is mindblowing to me.
3. A massive world
4. Level sidekicking.
5. A ridicolously high quality, and quantity, of animations.
6. Upleveling in PvP as well as instant access to best in-slot gear.
7. Dynamic events.
8. A personal story.
9. Jumping puzzles.
10. A dye system for your gear.
11. Cross realm auction house.
12. Great underwater combat.
13. Armour sets of a size that you can actually imagine wearing.
I remember a certain game where the power of your character would depend on the size of your shoulderpads.
And where there would only be new models for head gear and shoulderpads, where the rest of the gear would be re-painted versions of gear that has been around for years, if not just having the “gear” being paint on the character’s body.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

After playing GW2 its hard to go back to any other game. I just realised this a few weeks ago, why should I play a game that developers haven’t put the same amount of effort into as GW2.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

Guild Wars 2 has done a lot right that even if we assumed the game is a complete and utter failure that future developers should look at taking into new games. These are:

1. Dynamic events to make the world feel more alive

2. Easy side kicking set up, hit a monster a few times and you are counted as helping despite not being in a party.

3. Personal rewards, separate exp and drops from killing and chests.

4. Easy access and relatively balanced arena style pvp.

5. Minimal content blocking, you can easily revisit most areas and do things that feels mildly productive and rewarding.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

1. A Buy-to-play model.
2. Up to date graphics. The fact that the world in the distance looks like concept art is mindblowing to me.
3. A massive world
4. Level sidekicking.
7. Dynamic events.
8. A personal story.
9. Jumping puzzles.
I remember a certain game where the power of your character would depend on the size of your shoulderpads.
And where there would only be new models for head gear and shoulderpads, where the rest of the gear would be re-painted versions of gear that has been around for years, if not just having the “gear” being paint on the character’s body.

That’s a mighty fine list you’ve put together there sir, but I can add a couple more things

WvWvW – this is the epic week long battle we’ve been yearning for
Let’s me use in game gold for cash shop items
Active combat – I can cast while running
No server downtime for maintenance
Overflow system means no queues to play
Shared nodes
Dungeons that are actually challenging
Detailed/custom character creation
Waypoint travel
Flat leveling curve
Player rezzing
Dodging
Transfer costs – 1 price for all toons (can use ingame gold for that too!)

And finally – Mesmers!

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

3. Personal rewards, separate exp and drops from killing and chests.

This, in my opinion, is probably the best thing that GW2 developed and I’m seriously hoping it’ll catch on with future MMOs, since it really just makes sense.

The only other MMO that I play at all besides GW2 is TSW, because I like the story, setting, and premise (not to mention I’m still a healer at heart, so it’s nice to go heal a dungeon or two if I get that particular itch), but rolling for loot seems like such a foreign concept for me now whenever it makes an appearance.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

GW2 has very nice graphics, a big world, a good dye system, jumping puzzles are fun, fluid combat and it is good there are no macros/plugins, but that is about it, oh the interface is very good in some respects such as the depositing resources, but then in others liek lack of customization, not so good.

But does it ruin other MMOs, no not really, if I’ve been playing one game for a while then try another it always takes time to adjust, but after a while I get used to that new game. GW2 is nothing special, other than the benefits of being newer (nicer graphics) and being in the minority of MMOs with an action type combat system, it is really just more of the same old thing, EVE Online is far more innovative / different from other MMOs than GW2 is.

Then of course there are the bad parts about it, the game was shipped half finished, especially in areas like sPvP, I have never played an MMO where bugs take so long to fix (they seem underresourced), WvW turned out pretty meh and bascially DAoC did it better years ago (and I expect many of those left are simply only sticking around until the release of…), sPvP outside of the nice fluid combat and gear normalization is simply bad (as what is left of the population shows) and PvE is super casual and somewhat zergy/spammy, which I guess is fine if you like that sort of thing, but as someone who is not a huge fan of PvE fullstop the only thing that kept me awake was playing a class that required lots of multitasking / awareness in a raid. (No I am not refering to WoW, never played it, never will, having all those addons play the game for me looks very dull indeed)

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

OP, that must have been one crappy MMO you went back to…GW2 has nice graphics, thats about it….i paid my money, got my monies worth, had fun…but am now desperately waiting for the next “big thing”.

(edited by Robbyx.1284)

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

1. A Buy-to-play model.
3. A massive world
4. Level sidekicking.
7. Dynamic events.
8. A personal story.
9. Jumping puzzles.

Name an MMO that DOESN’T have most of that.

In fact most Korean grinds had most of that years ago !

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

World vs. World: The End of Balance?

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

GW2 is so much better...

Karizee.8076

Name me one MMO that has all of this that’s not pay to win cuz I can’t find any

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

graphics: are ok
payment model: good, but gw1 was better
leveling: good-almost perfect, gw1 system was more fun though
world: it’s ok, could be better, but it’s better than most mmo’s
In game support: low, WoW = best
pvp: pretty boring , GW1 = best
Gold sinks+trading post = boring, less activity, anti-social
Skills system: ok, if it was like gw1 without sec. prof. it would be perfect
Skill required: brainless pve, pvp copy OP build, will probably change in the future
Story-Lore: Boring, nothing like gw1. (best example: kill end-boss by pressing 1 button)
Game score in my opinion: 7/10

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would have a difficult time going to an MMO — old or new that:

• Made me pay a sub fee
  • Rooted me routinely in combat (this was Tera action combat’s big fail for me)
  • Made me compete for objectives, nodes, etc.
  • Use quests with the whole go here, do that, come back, now go back to the same spot and … ad infinitum

So, despite GW2’s faults, I like it.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I believe GW2 created a new bundle of “must-haves”.
Unless new MMOs come up with the same and more, I doubt they’ll be getting anywhere.
GW2 might be lacking on endgame activities, class depth, WvW depth and sPvP modes, but the core of the game is solid, it just needs to be expanded.
In the while we play what we have… going back to those jokes that other MMOs are isn’t really an option after you’ve been spoiled by non-static, action combat.

GW2 is so much better...

Karizee.8076

I believe GW2 created a new bundle of “must-haves”.
Unless new MMOs come up with the same and more, I doubt they’ll be getting anywhere.
GW2 might be lacking on endgame activities, class depth, WvW depth and sPvP modes, but the core of the game is solid, it just needs to be expanded.
In the while we play what we have… going back to those jokes that other MMOs are isn’t really an option after you’ve been spoiled by non-static, action combat.

Dat GW2 effect.

GW2 is so much better...

Odius.4705

I’m going to guess that this ‘other game’ is a certain 8 year old game that people still pay to play every month… I agree though there’s no going back after GW2 for me either, in fact, I wont ever pay a monthly fee to play an MMO again!

Well good sir, your guess would be incorrect. I don’t want this to turn into an argument about which game is better than which as I think most medium to high budget MMOs usually achieve something and are good in their own right. I will say the game I referenced was fairly new.

My whole point was that Guild Wars 2 has so many features that other MMOs don’t have and it really stands out if you go and play other games. There is so much focus on what is bad or could be better in these forums that sometimes we lose our appreciation for what is done very well. It is so nice to see some love in this thread as most general discussion posts usually turn into a rage fest about something.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: ryndaris.2975

ryndaris.2975

GW2 has it’s problems, but I can 100% relate. At this point I can’t at all imagine going back to either of the two MMO’s I played before.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

After playing GW2 its hard to go back to any other game. I just realised this a few weeks ago, why should I play a game that developers haven’t put the same amount of effort into as GW2.

How would you know how much effort developers put into a game that was launched almost a decade ago? You must have an inside scoop. :-/

Guild Wars 2 has set a new MMO bar in areas such as graphics, instanced gathering, side-kicked zones and server wide trading post to name a few. From this point on, these are features we will expect in new MMOs upon release. This being said, there are features that older MMOs have that I expected GW2 to have upon release. Such as TP preview, a tiny bit customizable UI, last logged in, guild management tools, LoS adjustment to name a few.

Anet did break some ground, but I hope the next MMOs incorporate these features at the start, and learn from GW2’s many mistakes over the past 7 months. If they can take this, make smart decisions/have a clear direction, and expand upon it……well, lets just say Anet should be after all the gem purchases they can get in the mean time.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Guild Wars 2 still has a lot of work to do to polish up its gameplay.

To name just a few: There are still difficult content balance issues (right now the game has degraded into people bouncing from boss event to boss event) as well as addressing the neglected and under-developed sPvP.

In spite of all of the various gripes I have, I am inclined to agree with the OP.
The graphics are beautiful, the game engine is actually more solid than most give it credit for, and to top it all off, the gameplay variety (sPvP, WvW, Instances, open world, minigames, seasonal events) gives the game a huge leg up in my book.

There’s a great deal of unrealized potential. I’m perfectly content waiting through a bit of downtime, and coming back to sample the content from the monthly patches (which is an impressive amount of content work in and of itself). I’ll happily make my monthly gem purchase in hopes that ANet will continue to take this game in a positive direction.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: takkattak.1974

takkattak.1974

And finally – Mesmers!

/agree! a strong feminine class

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

One of the best things about this game is that there is no Tagging. By tagging I mean if someone needs to kill X things and you need to kill X things you can both get credit for killing it instead of having to tag the enemy in order to claim credit.

Despite all the rage and insane hyperbole and entitlement people are tossing around in the forums I too have a hard time trying to play any other MMO.

Anet really did improve upon gw1 in some aspects and yes there are still some more things to improve on but I think in a few years time GW2 WILL be one of the best all time MMOs that will have ever graced the genre and I’m glad, because honestly while some games look nice, the actual play becomes stale.

This game with the good and the bad isn’t stale.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

To me WoW as poisoned the mmorpg world its not the game play it self or even the story its the fact that its was and still is such a big game. It makes all other mmorpgs go in that way and when you have a game that dose not go the WoW way it is greatly hated for it. GW2 has not gone the WoW way in effects it can never truly go the WoW way and that good for the mmorpg community but this means it will be hated but a lot so every small thing (bugs etc..) will be called out as “this is why you do not stop playing WoW.”

I truly think GW2 has become a great game and its getting better as time goes on. This dose not mean the WoW effect has gone away and will be with this game for years to come. So every small thing (even if there is not point to be made) will be called out. So try not to let every complain get you down there are a lot of ppl who do not want to and cant get out of this mind set.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Knowman.8764

Knowman.8764

I wouldn’t say that GW2 is necessarily so much better when comparing the two games side by side, both are excellent, yet somewhat distinct from each other and slightly complimentary, which is a good thing.

But, what GW2 had done is show that a non-subscription game can rate and compete with said fabled subscription game.

I have migrated very gradually over the past few weeks to GW2, first looking at it askance, perched within my subscription view with many days of obligatory (payed) gameplay ahead of me (talk about a grind). And now, said subscription shall not be renewed, bereft of value. Said game is still great, but not on a subscripton basis, there is no getting around it.

Enough tip-toe. When WoW goes F2P it’ll be fun again. Till then, GW2 is where the magic is.

(edited by Knowman.8764)

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

The exact same thing happened to me as well recently, with LOTRO.

This was a game I thought looked great (and still does in certain places). But the outdoor landscapes now looked they are lined with flat, green carpet. It makes you appreciate just how heads and shoulders above the rest the art design and execution of GW2 is.

I still wish roles were a bit more defined for WvW (clearer support and tanking classes). And I hate dodging on my Norn Guard in heavy armor (he should be blocking instead). I will be looking at other games when they are released (ESO) to see if they do this better. But it is hard to see how other games can best GW2 in the other departments until it reaches its sunset years.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Running while casting… How did I manage without it all those years?

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

GW2 is so much better...

Odius.4705

So many of you pointed out the exact things I noticed. I just can’t get over how many things there are. It isn’t that other games have nothing to offer, I just haven’t played a game that innovated in so many areas. Yes, GW2 can be a lot better. But the same can be said for every other MMO, and IMHO to a much larger degree. Just some more of the things I’ve grown to overlook, but I can’t live without…

-running while casting
-no sub fee
-sharing nodes
-no mob tagging wars
-all classes can rez
-individual loot drops
-superior animation
-guesting
-underwater combat
-no need for parties to buff others and help kill

I have a long list of things I wish would improve, but that isn’t the point. How many MMOs recently have innovated in so many different areas. Most have one mechanic they have refined, but either WoW clone the rest of their game or are just overall very lackluster.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Yeap, I’m spoiled. This was very good at launch.
ANet has been spoiling me for years!

It’s still good, just that like everything else it gets a bit old. I’m the explorer type of player, so eventually any game gets old for me. I haven’t had so much fun exploring since Morrowind.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Name me one MMO that has all of this that’s not pay to win cuz I can’t find any

I didn’t say that maybe some are not play to win.

But most of the things in GW2 can be directly linked with many Korean grinds.

Just slightly altered to appeal to the western world.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Guild Wars kept my attention from wandering to that “other” MMO for very long. It was far superior in itself. GW2 is superior as well, although I’m very disappointed in the moves that ArenaNet has made in the direction of the “other” MMO. But whatever. They know that.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Has anybody else experienced this?

I definitely think that there are a lot of things that GW2 has gotten right that other MMOs simply haven’t. There are things I miss about GW2 when I play other games, but then there are things about other games that I miss when I’m here. I miss my housing from LOTRO and my incredible wardrobe that I can wear while fighting. I miss my mounts from Rift when I just want an extra movement boost. I recently went back to Rift to play Storm Legion and I’ve been really enjoying their Instant Adventures, artifact hunting, fishing, housing, and just having new quests and new zones to explore. I also like that I can actually make good money over there, too. lol

If Elder Scrolls Online actually pays attention and implements most of the great player-friendly and casual-friendly aspects of GW2, I’ll be going on over. It remains to be seen if they’re going to try to grab both the hard-core raider and casual PvE player base and everything in between, but I’m definitely watching to see what they come up with.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And finally – Mesmers!

/agree! a strong feminine class

I’m curious, why do you think it’s a feminine class? Because illusions shatter into butterflies?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I do think of Mesmers as a feminine-style profession, I guess. The butterflies and all the purple feels girly to me. I know guys that won’t touch the profession because it feels too “girly” to them. Personally, I enjoy it, but then I’m a girl. lol

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

With all the mistakes made, imbalance, and questionable priorities, I would still have to agree.

I prefer this game to any other at the moment.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

The level syncing is the huge gamebreaker for me in every other game. Just can’t play if I can’t group with my friends at any time :p

Also dodge rolling/blocking/some kind of active defence not tied to stats. Also HATE getting “miss” if my spell hits it should hit :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Lyrio.9431

Lyrio.9431

You don’t have to compare it to “that other game”, we all know it’s dated, obviously… time passes for everything.

You could compare it to “that other game that is a failed mashup of Lineage 2 and Aion, and has a permanent crosshair in the middle of the screen, that rely only on its graphics, but in reality is just another botter-friendly, time-waster GRINDFEST, with 12yr old kids community and ridiculous gameplay, and that recently went f2p under the same company as Aion (Gameforge EU) which can only bring doom and despair to its players”

Am I being explicit enough? :P

Nah, I’d rather focus on the positive: gw2

What I like about this game, above all the good stuff and improvements over other games is mainly one thing: I trust that the devs and designers intentions and ideas are good. I know anyone can make mistakes, but almost 100% what I’ve seen is not only good, but it really feels that it was made thinking on the players 1st.
That’s what I love about this company, and what makes possible a game with so much win

(edited by Lyrio.9431)

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Masterj.4578

Masterj.4578

I love gw2 because of the item system.

In other MMO’s I’ve played, to take down a “boss” it would require 18 people (max in a “group” and “minimum” to kill the thing because it was really hard). The boss would have a very low drop rate (sometimes <5% drop rate) and if the boss dropped the super rare item a third of the group would want it making chances of you getting it even lower. To make it worse some even had a limit of killing it after doing a long chain of prerequisite quests that took literally 1-2 weeks to do because of the one mission every 24 hour thing.

In gw2, you can literally jump to a waypoint and start charging towards dragons and bosses. In other games I’ve played, you would have to sit in town for around 30 minutes+, get a group, wait for everything to fall in place (10~ minutes), travel (5-10 minutes), fight (sometimes taking 30 min-1 hour depending on what you’re doing), and hope for the item. The item usually did not drop and after weeks of spamming the unlucky ones that lost the bid (fought for months, some rare but even a full year of spamming nearly everyday) would just move on the the next thing without nothing to show for it while others sometimes went 1/1 on it.

It’s a older (still pay to play) MMO that is dying and hopefully more people move away from it because in all reality it was not fun and the people that stay are the ones that don’t want to move on because they put over 10 years of work into a game.

So from my point of view, gw2 > all MMO’s I’ve played.

Some may say I’m exaggerating when it took a year to get a item (some even took 3 years in the early days of the game) but I’m not lying at all. I would say the name of the game but it would tarnish the company and I will not do that. (Some readers may know it already).

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

I do think of Mesmers as a feminine-style profession, I guess. The butterflies and all the purple feels girly to me. I know guys that won’t touch the profession because it feels too “girly” to them. Personally, I enjoy it, but then I’m a girl. lol

I don’t know why people buy into stereotypes so much, especially where it comes to gender.

Purple is Samuel L. Jackson’s favorite color. Do people think he’s particularly feminine?

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t know why people buy into stereotypes so much, especially where it comes to gender.

Purple is Samuel L. Jackson’s favorite color. Do people think he’s particularly feminine?

Purple? Time to get my eyes looked at, because the FX look pink to me.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Lyrio.9431

Lyrio.9431

Running while casting… How did I manage without it all those years?

Never EVER had this fun playing a mage-type class like the Elementalist. I’m sure it would beat just any mage of any game just for what you point out, which made my day btw, lol xD

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: LeoXearo.3641

LeoXearo.3641

Content is what matters and no other MMO has as much content and stuff to do than that game which people sure like to talk smack about.

GW2 has good graphics, but unlike that other game, I ran out of stuff to do within just a few weeks of making my first character. Been playing that other game for years and still haven’t seen all there is to see in it.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

GW2 is the alpha dog on the block right now on the MMO scene. Tried going back to a couple of other MMOs, I didn’t stay long

I’m pretty WoW is still the biggest MMO out there. It thrives with more active players – and these people are paying monthly to play it. It’s still one of the primary reasons new MMOs can’t come out with subscription models – they will always compete with WoW. ArenaNet knew they couldn’t compete with WoW, so they made their business model exist beside WoW. For as long as people are designing their business model to co-exist with a more competitive MMO, I don’t think it’s accurate to call their MMO the alpha.

I’ll second the idea that GW2 doesn’t have the content to compete. ArenaNet are desperately trying to push out more content, but all they are managing to do is artifically create more grind to give the illusion of content. Even the new tier of gear is pretty much exclusively simple stat increases, with the exception of backslots, no new skins have been added.

Superior games thrive on real content, games like GW2 have to force grind into their design to stretch their content as thin as possible to make it last longer because there is very little content there. That’s another reason why everything bring added to GW2 these days is gated by real world time rather than content itself being rewarding.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m pretty WoW is still the biggest MMO out there. It thrives with more active players – and these people are paying monthly to play it. It’s still one of the primary reasons new MMOs can’t come out with subscription models – they will always compete with WoW. ArenaNet knew they couldn’t compete with WoW, so they made their business model exist beside WoW. For as long as people are designing their business model to co-exist with a more competitive MMO, I don’t think it’s accurate to call their MMO the alpha.

I’ll second the idea that GW2 doesn’t have the content to compete. ArenaNet are desperately trying to push out more content, but all they are managing to do is artifically create more grind to give the illusion of content. Even the new tier of gear is pretty much exclusively simple stat increases, with the exception of backslots, no new skins have been added.

Superior games thrive on real content, games like GW2 have to force grind into their design to stretch their content as thin as possible to make it last longer because there is very little content there. That’s another reason why everything bring added to GW2 these days is gated by real world time rather than content itself being rewarding.

Guild Wars 2 has more content at launch than WoW did. A lot more actually. WoW took years to get to the level of content they have now including a number of paid expansions.

Compared to most games at launch, Guild Wars 2 is a breath of fresh air. Of course there are problems. But no game can launch with as much content as a 7 year old successful game, because no game has enough time to wait to launch before they have that much content. Anyone who expect this is fooling themselves.

However, compared to other launches (I"ll leave SWToR out of this because it’s clearly not a good example of a new MMO), Rift had a very smooth launch, but a tiny tiny world with very little content. Games like AoC and Warhammer were unplayable due to bugs and imbalances. People say that about Guild Wars 2 but it’s on a whole different level in those games. In fact, when I tried AoC even in later years, I couldn’t play it because it continually crashed my system. I enjoyed what I saw of it, but not enough to keep rebooting to play it, every 15 to 20 minutes.

No MMO has launched with as much content as Guild Wars 2, ever, or if it has, I haven’t seen it. And no MMO has launched with a specific no-competitive PVe framework that seems to appeal to a whole lot of people….including me.

I played WoW for several months and never really enjoyed it. There are a lot of people like me out there. I daresay there are as many people who loathe WoW as love it.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

GW2 has spoiled me as well.

Dodge rolling and moving while casting are necessary mechanics in order for me to even consider another MMO.

If any MMO has to make me stand still to cast or does not provide a way for me to avoid taking damage by evading then forget it.

It’s sad that GW2 is so easy and has no challenge. Really really sad.

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

I feel the complete opposite. GW2 is very nice to look at and it’s way worth the price to buy the game but once you realize that it’s really nothing but a huge gambling game for pixels with unbalanced classes, DR, gated content, join a huge guild or no new content for you, RNG at the extreme, broken pet AI, nerfs galore.

At this point I like logging in and seeing how beautiful the game is and then I remember that it’s a game I can’t play the way I want to play I just log out and play something else.

Could have been a great game and I had a great time playing it but I’m not really interested in gambling and being paranoid that if I play a certain way I’m going to be tagged with DR.

Also the trinity is so much better than a dps only or you get no rewards race.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

GW2 is so much better...

Posted by: Navarat.2649

Navarat.2649

the reasons i can play only GW2 are
grinding for fashion
engineer
skills graphic
i can do all dungeon at lvl 80