GW2: my personal opinion.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

I’ve tried to be nice and civil with you, but everytime you come into one of these threads you contribute nothing but pointless banter and try to start flamewars with, “Not the game for you go play something else” Im giving you a fair warning, You seem a somewhat decent person, if you move make another pointless worthless post that disrespects and disregards another person post I will personally bring this matter up with a moderator as you are contributing nothing but flames.
Thank you.

This is the exact same thing I fell about you? and the exact same thing I been trying to do. I have nothing, against people complain, and I have no problem with people bring up game issue, heck I even have a long list myself of things I want fixed. Nor do I have any problem with people wanting a reward. The problem is the “reward people need for their time spent” in the game. I’m tired and sick of games where loot demand everything. I all ready stated in other thread that it’s fine with cosmetic gear as a reward, or silly fun Achievements. But that ain’t what most people want. If that is the kinda of rewards, non game changing rewards (also I have all ready agreed on the money rewards need to be higher in dungeon’s, enough to cover the repair bill at at least). Then sure, go nuts. But I have as much right as others, to say my opinion about the issue’s you bring up.

(edited by Amadeus.5687)

Posted by: ashsmith.8976

ashsmith.8976

If you people keep saying go back to wow we are going to have another swtor on our hands if everyone actually does , don’t underestimate how many ex wow players are in this game. People are allowed an opinion and can still enjoy the game enough to play it so quit the childish comebacks.

Posted by: Coolz.2983

Coolz.2983

pls do not make this game ever a gear treadmill, there’s a lot of us who enjoy the game as it is gear-wise atm and most of us don’t come to the forums because we are playing. also the making gear “worthless” in pvp has always been my dream in MMO’s, finally it happened! thank you Anet!

Why don’t you just stick with LoL then? The PvP is much more polished because… it’s a PvP game.

If Anet wanted to make this a quasi RTS they should have stipulated that from the beginning. I sure as hell wouldn’t have purchased it.

I haven’t tried LoL, it’s not an MMO and that’s why I’m not interested atm.. ure just rude to say this and I don’t understand why is it so wrong to have not gear based pvp in MMO’s finally, it is after all what they said to be in the game be4 the game was even avaible for pre-order.. also yo say the fact that a lot of people moved from other games to here just to enjoy a non-gear based pvp and the lack of enormous gear treadmill… there’s no need to be a rude person like you are now

Amadeus.5687

If you people keep saying go back to wow we are going to have another swtor on our hands if everyone actually does , don’t underestimate how many ex wow players are in this game. People are allowed an opinion and can still enjoy the game enough to play it so quit the childish comebacks.

The major reason GW II won’t fail the same way as SWTOR is it ain’t Subscription based.
(there is many more reasons then that)

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

I’ve tried to be nice and civil with you, but everytime you come into one of these threads you contribute nothing but pointless banter and try to start flamewars with, “Not the game for you go play something else” Im giving you a fair warning, You seem a somewhat decent person, if you move make another pointless worthless post that disrespects and disregards another person post I will personally bring this matter up with a moderator as you are contributing nothing but flames.
Thank you.

This is the exact same thing I fell about you? and the exact same thing I been trying to do. I have nothing, against people complain, and I have no problem with people bring up game issue, heck I even have a long list myself of things I want fixed. Nor do I have any problem with people wanting a reward. The problem is the “reward people need for their time spent” in the game. I’m tired and sick of games where loot demand everything. I all ready stated in other thread that it’s fine with cosmetic gear as a reward, or silly fun Achievements. But that ain’t what most people want. If that is the kinda of rewards, non game changing rewards. Then sure, go nuts. But I have as much right as others, to say my opinion about the issue’s you bring up.

Are you even listening to what people are saying?
It’s not that people who are 80 WANT more loot, We need more cashflow to pay the crazy in game taxes, be it armour repairs or waypoints.

Do you know how much it costs to way point around from one side of Tyria to another.

So what you want us to go to Heart of the mists, then to LA then portal to the racial town the destination we want is in, then run the rest of the way?

And armour repair please dont make a dumb remark like, DONT DIE SO OFTEN, so its their fault they dont have your masterful skill o mighty pveer.

Them wanting more reward does not hurt you, period.

So stop telling them to go play another game if you didn’t buy this game for them with your own money.

Posted by: Antikid.2341

Antikid.2341

the prob i have is not so much progression

i think the main reason gw2 becomes boring is because there is no variation at all

doing things at lvl 1 or at lvl 80 they are still the same
combat is doing the same thing over and over
teamplay doesnt exist at all
u can bash wow for milking money but at least in wow (and in gw1) u can choose out of say 50 different options at any time in the game (i had 100 templates on my dervish)
things like a parachute would fit gw2 very nicely or a walk on water potion/skill etc

the lack of ganking and personal nodes might be user friendly it also removes any thrill from gathering

the list goes on and on

Now u see ppl complain about rewards and progression and i can agree alittle that not every game has to be like that, but if everything else is totally boring a reward is what keeps people going.
So at least part of the reward complaining has a deeper cause; ie the game itself is not rewarding enough
U never pull off an epic move, invent a clever build, escape from a ganker, save your team from certain death, form up with another player to make a perfect combo or skydive perfectly from a vista onto a merchant.
The game just doesnt allow it.
Gw2 is designed which such equality in mind that it has led to total indifference
Heck i even have problems distinguishing one class from another they all feel and play the same

So instead of telling people to go to another game its time to admit that gw2 at its core is really boring.
And as soon as you done the tourist thing and visit most places there is no challenge left

I wish i could say otherwise but this is how i see it

Amadeus.5687

It’s not that people who are 80 WANT more loot, We need more cashflow to pay the crazy in game taxes, be it armour repairs or waypoints.

Do you know how much it costs to way point around from one side of Tyria to another.

So what you want us to go to Heart of the mists, then to LA then portal to the racial town the destination we want is in, then run the rest of the way?

And armour repair please dont make a dumb remark like, DONT DIE SO OFTEN, so its their fault they dont have your masterful skill o mighty pveer.

So stop telling them to go play another game if you didn’t buy this game for them with your own money.

Rizzy, I do agree with you the money flow is wrong!
It’s a fair and a valid point actually, and I’m sure they are looking into it.
We should raise our voice telling them they need to fix the cash flow.

But that really ain’t what most people whine about! If you start reading many of the posts you see people complaining about the lack of gear progress and that’s what I’m against!.

It cost btw about 4s from the middle of Lion’s Arch to Orr as level 80!

(edited by Amadeus.5687)

Antikid.2341

travel costs should be zero if u ask me

Amadeus.5687

So instead of telling people to go to another game its time to admit that gw2 at its core is really boring.
And as soon as you done the tourist thing and visit most places there is no challenge left

I wish i could say otherwise but this is how i see it

It’s funny, I really love ganking and would miss it, but with WvsW that’s not a problem, that’s an entire world with that element if you move away from the zerg.
I really love that I don’t have to rush around, competing about nodes, I actually never really did crafting in other games, cause I got sokitten off do to that rush.
I can see a clear difference in all the classes whenever I meet them, actually they are all so different and amusing I have serious troubles choosing a class. I never played in a world feeling so alive, and I love how I can have great teamwork with random people out of the blue.

Our opinion ain’t the same, and I won’t call the game boring.

Posted by: Battousai.7586

Battousai.7586

Thank you.

This is the exact same thing I fell about you? and the exact same thing I been trying to do. I have nothing, against people complain, and I have no problem with people bring up game issue, heck I even have a long list myself of things I want fixed. Nor do I have any problem with people wanting a reward. The problem is the “reward people need for their time spent” in the game. I’m tired and sick of games where loot demand everything. I all ready stated in other thread that it’s fine with cosmetic gear as a reward, or silly fun Achievements. But that ain’t what most people want. If that is the kinda of rewards, non game changing rewards. Then sure, go nuts. But I have as much right as others, to say my opinion about the issue’s you bring up.

Cant be very good if you’re having money problems.. no offence.. i cash in about 3g during a wvw session that includes keeping 5 of each siege blueprints & armor always repaired. i dont do pve at all and havnt even touched half the content other than pvp and currently sitting on 74gold just from pvp.. i think you need to step your game up a few notches.. this is not wow where gold falls from the sky and everyone is rich.

(edited by Battousai.7586)

Antikid.2341

great teamwork? explain that to me pls

for me its just zerging all the time
nobody cares or is even aware of what other players are doing (except for pressing f when someone is down)

Amadeus.5687

great teamwork? explain that to me pls

for me its just zerging all the time
nobody cares or is even aware of what other players are doing (except for pressing f when someone is down)

Have you looked into Field Combo’s? Or how about the simple fact all the Boon’s you apply in AoE will effect everyone around you? Have you tried to say hello to people you do events with? I do agree some event’s at level 80 is pure zerg. But take the dungeon’s, even the story mode’s you can have great fun (my opinion) by working with your team, creating combo’s and using the vast different skill load out each proffsion have.

Rizzy.8293

Rizzy, I do agree with you the money flow is wrong!
It’s a fair and a valid point actually, and I’m sure they are looking into it.
We should raise our voice telling them they need to fix the cash flow.

But that really ain’t what most people whine about! If you start reading many of the posts you see people complaining about the lack of gear progress and that’s what I’m against!.

They’re complaining about how hard it is to get the baseline level 80 gear that they need to be an effective member of the team, I’ve explained to you about this.
Exotic gear =/= Rare Gear unlike Elite 15k Gear = 1.5k Gear in guildwars. which share exactly the same stats.
And even then, you upgrade your gears with runes and weapons with mods to give your build a slight tactical advantage

The reason why in GW spammadan 20/20 costs so much as 20^50 People want those stats A LOT but they can still pay for it. GW2 makes it extremely hard for people to get baseline stats.

If you’re going to play conditioner you’re going to get rampager gear why? because it adds to condition damage
If you’re going to play spiker you’re going to get beserker gear why? because it hits harder and increases critical damage

If you dont understand this concept, then you’re not as good of a player you think you are.

And they’re complaining about how late this update came so people who already farmed CoF hundreds of time have already gotten the armour and it creates a giant gap between Veteran 80s and New 80s who now have no means to upgrade their gear.

And as a level 80 with full exotic gear, its unfair to treat those who just turned 80 this way. They either need to either reduce cost of making those base level 80 crafted exotic gear or increase the cash from mobs and karma from DE if they dont want people to wear Dungeon gear because they just want it for extremely well organized teams.

Rizzy.8293

@Battousai.7586
You get that much from wvwvw?
I gotta start doing that then, thanks for the heads up

And the whole issue is that PVE does not provide any monetary profits.
Im fine with pvping, spvp especially but I also think of people who dont want to do those at all.

And be my guest to try out PVE on a new toon and get it up to 80 and see for yourself the amount of work and effort you have to put in and the rewards you get from it

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Amadeus.5687

They’re complaining about how hard it is to get the baseline level 80 gear that they need to be an effective member of the team, I’ve explained to you about this.
Exotic gear =/= Rare Gear unlike Elite 15k Gear = 1.5k Gear in guildwars. which share exactly the same stats.
And even then, you upgrade your gears with runes and weapons with mods to give your build a slight tactical advantage

Rizzy, If it stood to me, gear should work just as it do in sPvP, that you can get so many different looking gear, and could just get the runes for free, to design how your stats should be. It is a problem atm. that there is that little (12-13% power difference), but it haven’t felt like a problem for me yet PvE nor PvP, that i run around having fun in a mixed set of master crafted, rare and exotic.

But Rizzy, you miss the vast amount of people, like the op of this post, that whine about the same thing, like he says it himself:
“Gear and level equalization. This blows. The fact that you equalize EVERYTHING from level to gear, just plain sucks. There is very little reward to “working hard” to earn gear when the benefits you gain from it wherever you go are just watered down. I am sure there are many like myself who would love to use our gear to it’s actual advantages (especially in PvP), rather than get killed by a bunch of lower level players or mobs.”
This is what I don’t want in GW II.

Posted by: Wyrdthane.6801

Wyrdthane.6801

OP is wrong.. there are clearly defined roles here.

Warrior = DPS
Guardian = DPS
Theif = DPS
Necromancer = Conditions
Ranger = Condition/DPS hybrid

Elementalist = Useless Kitten
Engineer = Useless Kitten

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

It’s not very hard to have 20g when you hit 80, and with that you can buy an exotic set more or less. If people are concerned about cash flow, they should spend more of an effort saving money when they are leveling, because this is not, and never will be, a game where level 80s are rolling in cash — not designed that way because it has a cash shop, and it’s in Anet’s interest to keep inflation very low.

Posted by: Dgenerate.1948

Dgenerate.1948

Good morning

Looks like the thread title was changed by a mod or whoever, which is fine since they are my opinions.

I am glad to see there is much discussion going on. Anti kid, I think you are pretty much right when it comes to team play, zerging and strength by numbers seems to be the core to group events.

From reading over the posts from members who seem to understand where Anet is coming from, I have come to the conclusion that this game is more of an adventure game with an MMO feel to it, it’s a game for Oblivion players who want a multi player experience.

My next question then is why have a leveling mechanic at all? They could have come up with some more clever mechanic to restrict you from moving on to new areas or fighting things that would be too difficult for you to take on.

In the end I think this game is a little confused as to what it really wants to be. It doesn’t accelerate at any aspect and I’m finding it hard to find motivation to keep playing once I’ve done everything once.

Arenanet, I challenge you to impress me.
I say it like it is.

Amadeus.5687

In the end I think this game is a little confused as to what it really wants to be. It doesn’t accelerate at any aspect and I’m finding it hard to find motivation to keep playing once I’ve done everything once.

I think, I will call what this games does, is heading the right direction of what a really good MMORPG should be, they are taking the very first small steps in changing the genre in a new direction. I actually agree with you, there is no need for level. There is a lot of things that would need to be implanted for that to work of cause. But I really do honestly believe that the sPvP system is an perfect beginning of what will be the standard for PvP in MMORPG’s. Now they just need to take that step and implant it even more in WvsW and out in the open PvE world. Creating a game where everyone play’s on equal ground, with more fun and hard challenges to compete in.

But it is heading the right way, trying to create a world (that still need works) but a world non the less where the force that drives players to play is the fun of the game, not a carrot hanging down from the sky saying: “If you do this, you will have this” and then send you of doing the same thing as yesterday, to get the same carrot (Looking at you daily dungeon in other MMORPG’s!!)

Dgenerate.1948

I wonder if we’ll ever see a thread in which people can disagree without calling each other “fanboys” or “wow zombies”. Probably not.

Anyway, I agree that there is probably a lot of people coming to GW2 with a WoW-mindset and, yes, this mindset should be left at the door because this game isn’t World of Warcraft or any of the assorted WoW-clones. Nonetheless, there seems to be a clique on these forums that derides anyone that even remotely criticizes ArenaNet over its reward policy or thinks differently to them.

This game isn’t GW1. GW1 was far more of a niche game than this. GW2 already has a massive amount of box sales and players. Anyone that actually thinks nerfing the rewards across the board was a good idea is the sort of person who I can’t take seriously. Like it or not but a large demographic of the MMO community likes rewards. A lot. Assuming that this is a mindset that is entirely Blizzard’s fault is infantile. People like to obtain things, that’s basic human nature. I would venture to say that those that don’t care about rewards are very much in the minority. It’s fine for these people to say “go back to WoW” but I assure you even if this is something some players want, ArenaNet and NCSoft certainly don’t want it to happen.

I saw a screenshot on these boards where someone who had been doing DE-chains had ended up getting something ridiculous like 31XP. Who cares if they want to farm DE’s endlessly? It’s their game. They enjoy it. Who cares! Why is this an issue? Why are people childishly ranting over it and calling each other names? Personally it’s not my thing but I don’t see why ArenaNet should nerf the rewards so hard that doing it becomes pointless. If the monetary rewards were too high in comparison to doing other things then fine, they needed to be toned down, but I don’t get these XP nerfs, or monetary nerfs in dungeons that are so harsh that people wanting to farm the same path can’t even pay for their repairs (if true). No, I’m not supporting easy-mode 20 minute runs of Cathedral of Flames or other dungeons. Certainly, make the dungeons harder! But if someone likes one path more than another or one is minimally easier than another and they want to farm it then why is it an issue? ArenaNet is never going to be able to balance all the dungeons paths so that they are of equal difficulty. And this punishing of anyone who finds the easiest route and uses it seems draconian.

Another thing I don’t get is the nerfs to Story modes. I always sort of thought of Story modes as the easy playthrough of a dungeon and explorable as, let’s say for arguments sake, the “heroic” version. Why should people be penalised for repeating story mode? I’ve heard they get no rewards now whatsoever if they repeat them. Or at least nothing worth mentioning. Perhaps they just aren’t good enough to do explorable or maybe they just don’t want to. That’s fine and of course the rewards for explorable mode should be far greater, but I don’t understand ArenaNet’s reasoning in just nerfing any rewards from the dungeon into the ground because people aren’t conforming to what the company wants them to do. Exerting this amount of control over the playerbase isn’t going to be taken well.

There are some players out there that can farm the same dungeon over and over with a long-term goal. Even if they don’t get rewarded per dungeon, they know that eventually they are going to get an awesome set of armor. Most people don’t work like that though.

Maybe some poster out there can persuade me and others out there that may think the same way as I that these changes are actually a good thing. I’m always willing to listen to a rational argument. Trolls and the customary insults of “omg go back to wow you noob” will be ignored however.

Great post.

I say it like it is.

Dgenerate.1948

I think, I will call what this games does, is heading the right direction of what a really good MMORPG should be, they are taking the very first small steps in changing the genre in a new direction. I actually agree with you, there is no need for level. There is a lot of things that would need to be implanted for that to work of cause. But I really do honestly believe that the sPvP system is an perfect beginning of what will be the standard for PvP in MMORPG’s. Now they just need to take that step and implant it even more in WvsW and out in the open PvE world. Creating a game where everyone play’s on equal ground, with more fun and hard challenges to compete in.

But it is heading the right way, trying to create a world (that still need works) but a world non the less where the force that drives players to play is the fun of the game, not a carrot hanging down from the sky saying: “If you do this, you will have this” and then send you of doing the same thing as yesterday, to get the same carrot (Looking at you daily dungeon in other MMORPG’s!!)

I think the problem with sPvP and maybe one day sWvW, is that although PvP in this game is different, it’s not different enough. It all feels the same, but on a much more mediocre level. It’s fun for a little while, but you don’t really get anything to show for it. And no, it doesn’t have to be gear.

I say it like it is.

(edited by Dgenerate.1948)

Posted by: Shroom Mage.9410

Shroom Mage.9410

“Why make an MMO if there’s no trinity?”
“Why make an MMO if there’s no gear grind?”
“Why make an MMO if I can’t faceroll newbs?”

All I’m hearing is “Why make an MMO if it isn’t a copy of WoW?”

Have you considered for even the briefest of moments that none of these features have the vaguest thing to do with being an MMO? Do you even know what makes a game an MMO? I’ll give you a hint: it’s not the RPG elements.

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Amadeus.5687

I think the problem with sPvP and maybe one day sWvW, is that although PvP in this game is different, it’s not different enough. It all feels the same, but on a much more mediocre level. It’s fun for a little while, but you don’t really get anything to show for it. And no, it doesn’t have to be gear.

You actually get a PvP rank, you can use to buy unique looking armor sets, and there is plenty of drops aswell giving you fun toys to play with (Like a Rabbit banner for when you finish of people) There won’t be stats to show off, but there is sexy looks to show of for sure!

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

People play MMO’s for LOOT.

Umm, no “people” don’t. Some people do. But whether the people who do amount to a majority or not is a moot point. (I guess Anet are going to find out )

Personally, I play MMOs for an immersive sense of adventuring in a virtual world, to play socially with other people, and to get skilled at building and playing toons. Loot is nice if and when I get it, but it’s not my primary goal.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Oh you mean like farming for resources, killing mobs to get crafting mats to sell.

That boring grind?

Right

You go enjoy that boring monotonous thing then.

Ah, I love this. You complain about how ArenaNet nerfed grind and monotonous farming by putting in anti-farming features, then have the gall to claim that spreading out, exploring, and doing different DE’s and such is somehow “boring monotonous grind.”

You’ve truly jumped the shark.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

OP, sounds to me like u dont like the core features of the game. good luck in your next endeavors, but im sure u’ll be back

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Roargathor.2743

Roargathor.2743

There’s a certain level of primeval satisfaction to be had every time I hear someone complain there’s no gear progression in this game. It’s truly music to my hears. Finally, an MMO that focuses the player experience around fun game-play instead of carrots and sticks. I bought this game for WvW. Huge world battles and sieges. I also love to explore the world. I don’t want or need some “epic loot” dangled in front of my character telling me that I need to grind 1000 hours doing some monotonous aspect of the game in order to get some items that would give me a competitive edge in PvP. If you want wow, go play wow. I hear Kung-fu panda online really appeals to the OP type of MMO player.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Then what is the point of Anet making an MMO? Since this game isnt based around loot rewards, why didnt they just save themselves the money on production and just make an arena based game? Your answer makes no sense. People play MMO’s for LOOT.

How quickly your personal opinion changed to royal decree. I do not play for loot, I play to explore, take on challenging encounters, and have a story told. I do not like grinding for gear and would prefer linear stat progression go away.

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

While its true that this game doesnt need better loot, it sure does need lots of minipets and cosmetic mounts, I remember in WoW vanilla doing a lot of Alterac Valley because I wanted the winter wolf even though I already had an epic mount back in the old day. Farming for gear is nice, but once you got the gear you want, you need another carrot.. err.. objective to achieve.

Posted by: Anguloke.2706

Anguloke.2706

It is much more satisfying to beat them with normalized gear than OP gear then you know it was your skill and not the gear.

That is just it. Players like the OP, there is no way they’d win on skill. That is why this bugs them so much. They have to have the “fastest to grind has the best gear” type of a game to actually win.

Anguloke.2706

Because you are the only one allowed to have fun in this game?

As opposed to the other person wanting the game their way, and ruing it for others that don’t like it that way. Your argument goes both ways. We could argue the person you are defending is being just as selfish.

There is no game, not one, that suits all play styles. Its not going to happen either, because the play styles are that far apart there is no way they could make one that fit.

Me I hate gear grinds. Hate them. I get to that point in a game I have no interest to continue, because I don’t want to do the dungeons over and over again, just have to repeat it for the next expansion/gear grind to upgrade. So what does that leave me to do? Base world PvE? Its not PvP because those games almost always make gear a huge factor in PvP, so if I don’t gear grind you are left in the dust. And even then PvP is only a small part of the game tacked on. Your friends in game all move to those areas, so you are left in world PvE doing that over and over? And later you can’t even join in on dungeons because you don’t have the gear to join them with.

Here with the normalization, and less reliance on gear, you can participate in any of those activities. You aren’t stuck grinding to keep up, you aren’t left out of PvP or dungeons. And the whole world still remains playable.

(edited by Anguloke.2706)

Posted by: DirtyDeeds.6075

DirtyDeeds.6075

……..

Okay now on to the bad:

The “roleless”, “jack of all trades” play style that you have come up with is… just boring. Sure there will be some people who say, “some professions can do things better than other professions” or “then you’re doing it wrong”, but in the end, there are no dedicated roles which just makes the gameplay boring, and not promote much teamwork.

This whole game is just everyone attack attack attack attack attack attack (throw in a couple dodges and heals/purges). This pretty much applies to anything where there is organized group play (WvW, sPvP, Dungeons). ……

I just wanted to address this portion of your post. To start with your opinion is your opinion. You are welcome to it. However you got it wrong.

The trinity which you so covet is the boring playstyle.
- What is exciting about a healer watching a bunch of health bars and playing whack a mole sending a heal when someone takes damage?
- What is so exciting about tanking when all you need do is have a competent healer and gear with enough mitigation?
- What is so challenging about DPS when you have a decent enough tank and healer that you rarely grab agro so are free to DPS with little danger?

As for my you got it wrong comment. When you say “This whole game is just everyone attack attack attack attack attack attack (throw in a couple dodges and heals/purges).” you got it wrong. If all you see is people who are doing nothing but attack attack, then you are seeing more people who haven’t got it right either.

ie: Like when I rez someone and just before I finish I pop down a healing circle for them to regen up in. They run out to continue fighting oblivious to the fact they should heal up first. They haven’t figured it out yet either.

Anguloke.2706

And they’re complaining about how late this update came so people who already farmed CoF hundreds of time have already gotten the armour and it creates a giant gap between Veteran 80s and New 80s who now have no means to upgrade their gear.

Where does it create this gap? PvP? WvWvW? Nope everything is normalized there.

PvE? Seriously? Where is that needed anywhere, again NEEDED anywhere, in PvE?

So it basically comes doe a self-entitled they have it and I want it mentality.

Posted by: Snugglepuffz.9126

Snugglepuffz.9126

I can’t find it in my heart to play this game anymore. Don’t get me wrong, leveling up was a lot of fun, and the areas were beautifully crafted. It’s just… missing something for me. Perhaps WoW type MMOs are more of my thing, and there’s absolutley nothing wrong with that. A lot of people prefer the GW2 style, and there’s nothing wrong with that either. I had a good 110 hours with it and definitely got my money’s worth, this just isn’t an MMO I can stick with.

Anguloke.2706

Anyone that actually thinks nerfing the rewards across the board was a good idea is the sort of person who I can’t take seriously.

There are tons of games that have nerfed rewards because it was doing harm to the game economy.

They did this because it was doing harm. Enough harm it was a huge red light to them this early in the game.

Did they nerf it too much? Possibly. I’m not so sure the few of you posting here are the real demographic to look at here.

I doubt however that the staff here is just ignoring the results of this change. And if it actually is too much of a nerf, they will change it in time.

But hey you all must be right, Arenanet and its resources monitoring various aspects of the game must have it wrong, and you all with your… well never mind, you all must be right because you are… umm, right.

Anguloke.2706

Perhaps there needs to be a money bonus to high levels coming back to lower level areas to cover costs. You are X level but you are playing in a zone X levels lower, you get this much to cover expenses.

Posted by: AstroCat.7628

AstroCat.7628

The OP represents a type of playing mindset, which was arguably introduced in the WoW era, that basically consists in the application of extreme Skinner’s Box methodologies to the MMORPG field. In this sense, everything related to immersion, lore, RP, complex player interaction, intellectual challenge and, in general, anything related to the use of imagination is disregarded. The only thing that actually matter is to achieve maximum XP in minimum time and to get the best gear ASAP to link it on the general chat as a proper l33t.

MMORPGs were not designed with that philosophy in mind. The very acronym gives you a hint of what is this about: Massive Multiplayer Online -Role Playing- Game.

I’ve been in the MMORPG scene for a long time and I can say that there was a before-and-after WoW. The appealing point of WoW was that, no matter you were mentally handicapped, you could be considered a good player as long as you could smash the rotations and memorize the scripted fights. It supposed a massive dumbing-down and linearization from previous MMORPGs. This was, on the other hand, a big reason for its success as the MMORPG genre was opened to the “lower-common-denominator” type of players. With WoW came as well the glorification of macros and add-ons that are not less than permitted cheating.

The consequence is that we have a pool of players that cannot conceive another way of playing. Even worst, many of them believe they are skilled players which, of course, they are not.

Blizzard played its cards really well, focusing on game addiction (the eternal treadmill for better gear = dope for the junkies) as the main motivation for playing. These has created authentic monsters of players that are not capable of seeing the forest from the trees.

Besides the addiction argument, I freak out at these people as I don’t understand why they play MMORPGs when they could be playing Pac-Man and get the same sensations. My great concern is that the new generation of ADHD Skinner’s Box junkies are putting the MMORPG industry in jeopardy, as the latter cannot cope with the former. How do you negotiate with an irrational junkie? For example, what are you going to say or to propose to a guy that says he’s bored when he basically has missed the game in his urge for getting Max. level?

Let me tell you something OP: with that mindset, you and the likes of you are condemned to boredom. I’m assure you that, lest you change your approach to MMORPGs, you’ll never ever be satisfied, unless you are addicted to treadmills for gear (Rats in a Box), that is.

Anyway, this is my opinion and, after all, this is a free world. My sincerest suggestion is that:

- If you want a linear, gear based progression game, you can find a lot of WoW clones in the market. There are a lot of Diablo clones as well that focus on the gear grind and stats based progression.

- For the rest of us -especially those who enjoyed open ended games like Ultima Online, Asheron’s Call, Dark Age of Camelot and Star Wars Galaxies- that are more interested in the immersion and open-world aspects, we have a new home here.

Lot’s of good points in there. I recommend those who don’t enjoy the game, stop playing and go do something else they do enjoy instead of wasting their time making posts on this forum.

Wardens of Destiny – Tarnished Coast
M: Aedan Nightshade (Sylvari Necromancer)

Posted by: Roargathor.2743

Roargathor.2743

No… I want them to post. I want them to cry. I want to hear them suffer.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I can’t find it in my heart to play this game anymore. Don’t get me wrong, leveling up was a lot of fun, and the areas were beautifully crafted. It’s just… missing something for me. Perhaps WoW type MMOs are more of my thing, and there’s absolutley nothing wrong with that. A lot of people prefer the GW2 style, and there’s nothing wrong with that either. I had a good 110 hours with it and definitely got my money’s worth, this just isn’t an MMO I can stick with.

Phew, finally an honest and straightforward post from someone who doesn’t find GW2 to their taste. Well done sir!

Dgenerate.1948

His post wasn’t straightforward… he doesn’t explain why he wont be continuing to play. At least I went through the trouble of explaining why I wont be sticking with the game… he just leaves it up in the air…

Also, I want to thank the people who have constructively explained this game’s philosophy to me. I will now look at this game from a different viewpoint and whether I like it or not is not important. I don’t see myself playing much longer, it’s just not for me. It’s all a little too bland for me.

I say it like it is.

Posted by: JDaddy.2658

JDaddy.2658

GW2 is fun and all but i doubt its ever going to reach the amount of people WoW has. WoW is better in every aspect, this game requires very little skill to be good.

Posted by: JazzyJay.1367

JazzyJay.1367

GW2 is fun and all but i doubt its ever going to reach the amount of people WoW has. WoW is better in every aspect, this game requires very little skill to be good.

Like wow requires skill? lol

Dgenerate.1948

More or less the same amount of skill this game requires, just in different aspects.

Just curious, honestly, what level are you currently in this game?

I say it like it is.

JazzyJay.1367

More or less the same amount of skill this game requires, just in different aspects.

The comment above implied that WoW requires skill. Very little in my opinion. It bores the hell out of me. I feel like at least with this game, mobility matters. Skill can change the outcome.

32 and 30 on an alt. What difference does it make? It will play the same at higher level. I am in no hurry to hit the top, because once I do, I won’t play much. Are you judging me based on my level? Lol

(edited by JazzyJay.1367)

Dgenerate.1948

The comment above implied that WoW requires skill. Very little in my opinion. It bores the hell out of me. I feel like at least with this game, mobility matters. Skill can change the outcome.

32 and 30 on an alt. What difference does it make? It will play the same at higher level. I am in no hurry to hit the top, because once I do, I won’t play much. Are you judging me based on my level? Lol

I was asking to see how much you have experienced the game. And how did mobility not matter in WoW? I’ve done many raids and dungeons where you need to to dodge, LoS, etc. in order to do well in a fight. The new things in GW2 gets old really fast, just wait a couple more levels and you might find yourself in the state of “I wont play much” much faster than you think.

I say it like it is.

Posted by: Sava.2381

Sava.2381

Another person who bought a game he knew nothing about. Is it such an alien concept that GW2 is not a game based around loot rewards? If that’s what you’re looking for, then go back to WoW.

Then what is the point of Anet making an MMO? Since this game isnt based around loot rewards, why didnt they just save themselves the money on production and just make an arena based game? Your answer makes no sense. People play MMO’s for LOOT.

You think everyone want to play a game ONLY to collect better loot endlessly? No. We finally have ONE GAME that is not based around getting endlessly better loot, against all the loot hoarding games that favours no-life life style. One game. Is that so bad? There’s a TON of loot centric games for you to choose from.

You dont seem to fully realize the level scaling either. With the level scaling we avoid the problem of EVERY other themepark mmorpg: Most of the world becomes useless after you level past it. Now you can USE the whole world after getting to max level because it scales, it’s great!

Also, I LOVE the sPvP BECAUSE it’s an even playing field. No more do I have to feel worse player just because I dont have time and will to farm gear all day long every day. What’s the point of PvP anyway if your gear just does the work? Is it not nice to know that it was actually you who won that fight and not your epic gear?

Cant we have this one game where everything is not more of the same? Please.

Dgenerate.1948

Another person who bought a game he knew nothing about. Is it such an alien concept that GW2 is not a game based around loot rewards? If that’s what you’re looking for, then go back to WoW.

You think everyone want to play a game ONLY to collect better loot endlessly? No. We finally have ONE GAME that is not based around getting endlessly better loot, against all the loot hoarding games that favours no-life life style. One game. Is that so bad? There’s a TON of loot centric games for you to choose from.

You dont seem to fully realize the level scaling either. With the level scaling we avoid the problem of EVERY other themepark mmorpg: Most of the world becomes useless after you level past it. Now you can USE the whole world after getting to max level because it scales, it’s great!

Also, I LOVE the sPvP BECAUSE it’s an even playing field. No more do I have to feel worse player just because I dont have time and will to farm gear all day long every day. What’s the point of PvP anyway if your gear just does the work? Is it not nice to know that it was actually you who won that fight and not your epic gear?

Cant we have this one game where everything is not more of the same? Please.

Hi, you obviously didnt read the entire thread so, I’ll forgive you. Look ~10 posts before this and you’ll see I have already acknowledge all the points you go over, thanks.

I say it like it is.

JazzyJay.1367

I was asking to see how much you have experienced the game. And how did mobility not matter in WoW? I’ve done many raids and dungeons where you need to to dodge, LoS, etc. in order to do well in a fight. The new things in GW2 gets old really fast, just wait a couple more levels and you might find yourself in the state of “I wont play much” much faster than you think.

I wouldn’t really call it dodging in WoW. Those occasions where positioning matters are rare. In this game active mobility matters for each encounter. I can take on large groups of mobs by staying mobile. It makes it fun to see how much trouble I can work my way out of sometimes by staying mobile and using different weapons.

Maybe it will get old, maybe it won’t. I still log into GW1 once in a while.

Posted by: vann.4297

vann.4297

TWO lessons for Arena net with GW2 are..

1)Having fun IS NOT enough.

People like to be different.. people like to become better ..people likes their time invested in anything say a work or a video game. to big rewards from it….not just fun.
People like challenges not predictable experiences.. People likes to innovate and create new things , and GW1 combat allowed that.. GW2 not. People Like to see progress in their characters..that can do more things , having numbers (levels) is not enough. But also people like to have fun.. and repetitiveness is not fun. Is quite possible that it will never be possible to create games that nothing repeats for the Gigantic content that such game will require but at least if you have good rewards ..then it will be worth of it. Korean games suffers greatly of grind that not many likes.. but they all offer Big rewards in most cases for their invested time..

2) If is NOT broken do not fix it..

Arenanet had the opportunity to create an amazing online game in GW2.. they already had an fantastic game in GW1.. all they needed to do is improve it even more.. leave the things that everyone loved about their game.. and add on top new game features .. instead of what they did ,of releasing a completely different game that do not feel like [guild wars]. .

Rizzy.8293

Where does it create this gap? PvP? WvWvW? Nope everything is normalized there.

PvE? Seriously? Where is that needed anywhere, again NEEDED anywhere, in PvE?

So it basically comes doe a self-entitled they have it and I want it mentality.

REALLY?!
WvWvW uses PVP gear?

Good job!
I applaud you for knowing your subject.