GW2 needs ability to modify UI

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

This game really need ability to modify UI.

This game have 3 years age. And still we have no special UI for consumables. And many others things.

Look at this awesome UI. Can you say where is consumables in my inventory?

Attachments:

vpchelko.4261

I saying about User Friendly Interface. I don’t wanna type “consumable” or etc in the word filter.

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

Get an invisible backpack. Place it at the bottom. Put the items you don’t want compacted, and want to be able to find easily into it. There, problem regarding finding your way around your inventory; Solved.

You may also like this suggestion

Attachments:

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I noticed in one of the HOT streams/footage that there was a ‘Scale UI’ in the options there, perhaps they are working on some more user interface customization. I’d really like it if we could move around any element of the UI aswell as hide and resize individual elements in settings somehow. It can all be built-in without a need for mods like other games use. Having extra space with keybinds for consumables is something many people have wanted for ages. Perhaps 3 keybindable slots where we can drag our most used consumables to for quick-use and a special border for the icons in the inventory. They could even add a consumable bag that auto-sorts consumables just like the crafting bags etc.

vpchelko.4261

Get an invisible backpack. Place it at the bottom. Put the items you don’t want compacted, and want to be able to find easily into it. There, problem regarding finding your way around your inventory; Solved.

This is not a solution. I just need special UI without opening inventory UI.

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

This is not a solution. I just need special UI without opening inventory UI.

How? It solves the issue of being unable to find your way around your inventory… you always know where the things you need are like this. so where are the problem?

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

haha it could be mine inventar :/
i use a green fractal box for important things. Its always filled with second armor set/ Bufffood and second / third weapon set.
The other important things third armor more weapons other Bufffood is on Slot 1-20.

Empty Inventar = 70 / 160 :/

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I vote to have tonics have their own section in the collections tab PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

vpchelko.4261

How? It solves the issue of being unable to find your way around your inventory… you always know where the things you need are like this. so where are the problem?

Special UI just will find (show) what I need!
For example – Make UI slot which shows only food and possible other consumable .
Make other UI slot which show etc.
Other UI slot ….

Profit!

(edited by vpchelko.4261)

vpchelko.4261

haha it could be mine inventar :/
i use a green fractal box for important things. Its always filled with second armor set/ Bufffood and second / third weapon set.
The other important things third armor more weapons other Bufffood is on Slot 1-20.

Empty Inventar = 70 / 160 :/

I have problem with tokens and other things. I can’t find good time to spend it.

[250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust] [239 Empyreal Fragments] [10 Geodes][250 Dragonite Ore] etc

vpchelko.4261

This

[250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust]

And others similar things

Posted by: Evo Sapien.5298

Evo Sapien.5298

theres a search function at the top of your inventory, and the ability to see each bag seperately, for the badly organised. also crests can be used from the bank. no need to carry them round

vpchelko.4261

theres a search function at the top of your inventory, and the ability to see each bag seperately, for the badly organised. also crests can be used from the bank. no need to carry them round

And this is called User Friendly Interface?

I don’t wanna type “consumable” or etc in the word filter.

I need User Friendly Interface.

P.s. read first before post your odd message!

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Does anyone know if they will fix UI in expansion ?

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

You want UI customization so that you don’t have to properly sort your inventory? Um, that’s not likely to happen any time soon.

Turn show bags BACK on, use crafting, equipment and Invisible bags like you actually know what you are doing, and keep it sorted = problem solved.

I would love customizable UI as much as the next person, but, this is a pretty poor excuse for one. Maybe they could implement something like Firefall has, where you can display all items auto sorted by type and level (default), but nothing can be arranged the way you want. That would actually be LESS customization though.

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Wouldn’t mind something like a “toolbelt” for consumables, or even for a spot where you can keep track of that one material you’re trying to farm.
3-5 Keybindable slots where you can just drag and drop stuff from the inventory wouldn’t really kill the game, and would be a good QoL improvement for using foods/tonics, and simply just keeping track of how many of a certain item you have on you.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

My most important stuff is at the top in an invisible bag, then I have bags bags bags and an oiled leather bag for all junk. Works well for me.
I also have a character with invisible bag, utility box, crafting bag and oiled leather bag but I find that confusing.

vpchelko.4261

You want UI customization so that you don’t have to properly sort your inventory? Um, that’s not likely to happen any time soon.

Turn show bags BACK on, use crafting, equipment and Invisible bags like you actually know what you are doing, and keep it sorted = problem solved.

I would love customizable UI as much as the next person, but, this is a pretty poor excuse for one. Maybe they could implement something like Firefall has, where you can display all items auto sorted by type and level (default), but nothing can be arranged the way you want. That would actually be LESS customization though.

There are 2015 year.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The inventory in GW2 is magnificently customizable. Not only is it searchable, but you can also customize the sorting with different types of bags and you can go straight to that bag by clicking on it on the sidebar.

Personally, I have:

• Starter Backpack for stuff I use a lot, such as consumables and salvage kits.
  • Equipment Box for gear drops
  • Oiled Bag for junk drops
  • Craftsman’s Bag for crafting materials
  • Invisible Pack for gear and stuff I rarely use
  • Silk Bag for overflow in any of the other bags

My inventory is also set to display only one bag at a time.

Your problem with consumables could literally be solved by buying different types of bags for different types of drops, instead of buying the maximum amount of the cheapest unsorted bag.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Wouldn’t mind something like a “toolbelt” for consumables, or even for a spot where you can keep track of that one material you’re trying to farm.
3-5 Keybindable slots where you can just drag and drop stuff from the inventory wouldn’t really kill the game, and would be a good QoL improvement for using foods/tonics, and simply just keeping track of how many of a certain item you have on you.

In terms of having keybinds specifically for consumables, I’m pretty sure a dev once said that having the option would make players feel like they are forced to always have consumables since the very option is there. While it is certainly a good QoL improvement, I don’t think we’re going to be seeing bindable consumable buttons.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

This

[250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust][250 Piles of Bloodstone Dust]

And others similar things

That is fairly easily solved: get mawdrey.

To OP: if you find it confusing, why even use the option to not show the individual bags?