GW2 needs to gain new features

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

So, lately me and a lot of people I know in guild wars have been feeling… bored. for a long time actually.
it feels like the living story doesn’t really generate enough of content to keep you interested.
There has been a few things that have been long overdue in guild wars like building a house for your guild to live in and decorate, have mounts (yes, I’ve said the forbidden word) and have the actual ability to influence the world we are living in beyond character skins and manipulating TP.

Archeage – seems to have a these features and a lot more, and what saddens me is that a lot of people I know are planning to leave guild wars to pursue a new adventure.

No, I’m not trolling or trying to convert people to Archeage, I’m hopeful that Anet will understand that after more then 2 years, this game needs to gain new features that will allow you do more in the game.

ANet official response will be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

I agree that gw2 needs new content. Like expansion worthy. I feel if they don’t release something soon or mention that they are, it’s going to die fast.

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

There is no subscription anyways, so just go take a break and come back when you feel like it. Cures my boredom every time

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

First of all Archage is not available to play,its not even in OB.Second is that housing is not really reason why people play Archage ( i dont care a less about housing).And final and most important thing (why i wont replace GW2 for Archage) is cause Archage is for “hardcore” players and Gw2 is for “casuals”.When i play a game…i want to play a game (not to play real life).I dont want to farm and farm and spend countless of time by doing useless stuff such as building house where i will never walk in later.Gw2 community is too much used on casual gameplay.Just 50% of them wont go there just cause Archage will have “duels” rofl.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I agree that gw2 needs new content. Like expansion worthy. I feel if they don’t release something soon or mention that they are, it’s going to die fast.

How many times has this been said when a new game is on the horizon?

Not saying the game shouldn’t be getting new content (it should), but people don’t seem to understand more content = longer production time.

Expansions tend to be put into pre-production more or less straight after the first has released i.e. it takes roughly a year to produce if you go by the usual.

Not only that, I’d say it’s better for the game now that they’ve taken this course to do as they are, as long as they release an expansions worth of content and features within a similar time-frame as between expansions. This gives less of a gap between content then.

Of course, this is going to be subject to opinion and playstyle, but you really can’t aim to cater to the people who play 8 hours a day; you’ll never keep up with them (which is why, on another note, games put gates in; to artificially extend playtime).

OP, I’d consider changing your post. Regardless of intention, you’re still advertising another game.

• Mounts – No particular feelings on them.
  • Housing / Guild Halls – Would be nice.
  • Influencing the world – This is where the difference between the games are. One is a sandbox (or a sandpark, depending on who you talk to) and the other is a themepark. Now, I fully support more sand in the game. However, to the extent you’re looking for I doubt it, as it would most likely require a great deal of work on the engine to support the function. Instead, this should be done through DE’s.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

“They” need to do something, like making each LS update larger because the FAR FROM CASUAL players have nothing more to do once done, as it is EVERYTHING can be done and finished with in 3 to 5 hours leaving us with nothing to do until the next TINY LS update.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

“They” need to do something, like making each LS update larger because the FAR FROM CASUAL players have nothing more to do once done, as it is EVERYTHING can be done and finished with in 3 to 5 hours leaving us with nothing to do until the next TINY LS update.

So basically releasing more content, and as such taking longer between updates which basically gives the same result, other than if they spread it out you have new stuff for 3-5 hours every two weeks instead of new stuff for 10 hours every second month?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Makes me glad I’m a casual player then. I haven’t finished this Living Story update yet. I guess I chew my content more before swallowing. ^^

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

The kind of content I want the most are new skills and weapons for all. I know my engineer inside and out already, I’ve tried plenty of builds and right now its just hard to find new ones to keep the game fresh.

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

We JUST got a Living World patch this week and you’re already complaining? If it’s not enough for you, nothing is stopping you from playing other games. Or maybe go outside. Make your own Living World.

Nothing wrong with playing GW2 and AA at the same time. Is there some law that forbids that?

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Thanks for the comments.
Here’s my response:

@Fred Fargone.3127
Already did that once. and it helped, but i do need smth to play in the mean time

@saalle.4623
I don’t know how you’ve gathered archeage is for hardcore player – build crops farmville style isn’t hardcore at all. regardless this post isn’t about what archeage has – it’s about what gw2 is lacking.

@TheDaiBish.9735
1. I agree with what you are saying – stopping the living world and focusing on an expansion pack should solve this, even if i’d have to pay for it.
2. as said to saalle – this post isn’t about what archeage has – it’s about what gw2 is lacking and should improve, no marketing involved.

@Pibriamal.8719
This living story doesn’t really make you play more then several hours.
Try to focus on what I’m trying to achieve which is better game play for all of the players rather then being defensive.
It’s ok to have an opinion and to express it to the developers so they would improve their game.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Before Archage it was ESO. Then it was Wildstar. My guild is pretty much all still here and a few people waiting for those games have come back, disappointed. Not everyone is obviously, but it’s becoming clearer and clearer that, warts and all, Anet knew what they were doing when they made these games.

Do you really think people used to no kill stealing, no node stealing and rezzing anyone at any time are going to go and enjoy a more hard core experience.

Do you realize when Archeage released in Korea is did so badly they had to push out the 1.2 patch and they delayed the release in the US so we could get the 1.2 patch too, because the 1.0 patch was only barely playable?

You’re actually recommending a game that was pushed back because it didn’t work at launch in another area. What makes you think it’s going to be that much better when it launches.

The ideas behind Archeage were great before Trion bought them. I wouldn’t trust Trion with anything. I feel like they squandered the potential that was Rift and they’ll do the same with Archeage.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Before Archage it was ESO. Then it was Wildstar. My guild is pretty much all still here and a few people waiting for those games have come back, disappointed. Not everyone is obviously, but it’s becoming clearer and clearer that, warts and all, Anet knew what they were doing when they made these games.

Do you really think people used to no kill stealing, no node stealing and rezzing anyone at any time are going to go and enjoy a more hard core experience.

Do you realize when Archeage released in Korea is did so badly they had to push out the 1.2 patch and they delayed the release in the US so we could get the 1.2 patch too, because the 1.0 patch was only barely playable?

You’re actually recommending a game that was pushed back because it didn’t work at launch in another area. What makes you think it’s going to be that much better when it launches.

The ideas behind Archeage were great before Trion bought them. I wouldn’t trust Trion with anything. I feel like they squandered the potential that was Rift and they’ll do the same with Archeage.

you are focusing on whats wrong with Archeage rather then how guild wars can improve. try to re-read my post

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

First of all, your post will get infracted but im guessing you don’t really care.

Second, of all games to recommend, Archeage?? Rly?
And i gotta agree with Vayne, Trion really squandered Rift and
wasted their resources on a failed Defiance and you’re trusting
them again with Archeage
Rly??

I’d have thought you’d recommend Wildstar or Everquest Next.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Archeage is designed and built for open world. Open world is different from what Guild wars 2 is. Guild wars 2’s pve is open world but if you start looking at it from the top, guild wars 2 is not open world because wvw is not connected to pve.

Open world is designed to encourage players to explore and discover wonders in the spaces between cities or objectives. Players might then fight each others for these wonders located in these spaces.

Players are always dying for conflicts but anet do not want to give people the chance to have conflicts. The removal of WvW section is the prove of that.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Makes me glad I’m a casual player then. I haven’t finished this Living Story update yet. I guess I chew my content more before swallowing. ^^

Same here. I have this thing called a “job” which eats up a lot of my free time, and GW2 helps me unwind after a hard day’s work. So far I’ve only done two parts of this living story update because I like to take my time doing it. People who steamroll through content because they have a lot of time on their hands shouldn’t assume that everyone else is in the same position.

I would like to see a full-on expansion at some point, but can you imagine all the moaning that would go on from the serial complainers if there were no free updates for a year whilst the team worked on it?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Vayne.8563

you are focusing on whats wrong with Archeage rather then how guild wars can improve. try to re-read my post

Improve how? By making it more like a game that already released in one area and failed?

The problem with use of the word improvement is that so many people think what they want specifically will improve the game.

I’m sure that many people think open world PvP would improve this game. I believe those people are wrong. There are people who think adding raids to this game would improve the game. I believe those people are wrong. Strangely I wouldn’t mind if Anet added mounts to the game, because I don’t think that is actually against what Anet is trying to do in the game.

Sandbox MMO <> themepark MMO. Trying to compare them, or cross pollinate ideas is not likely to help either game.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

@Snowmoon.1758
1. Hopefully Anet won’t remove this thread since I’m trying to get Anet to add more features to the game.
2. I don’t care what game it is, it can be archeage/star wars/everquest or pacman- I care about guild wars 2

@SkyShroud.2865
unlike the first guildwars this one aspires to be open world – look at the fact that you can see all the people in all the maps, not just cities like the first guild wars. world events, world bosses…. there’s more to MMO’s then PVP.
I didn’t even mentioned in my original post the ability to kill other players in the maps.
building a house for my guild? yes. using mounts to travel the beautiful world of guildwars instead of teleporting? yes.
Influence the world like – planting trees that the entire server could enjoy? yes.
Non of these are about killing each other.

@uknortherner.2670
As it happens – I have a full time job, a wife, a child and I study at the university…
I don’t see how adding more cool features will prevent me from enjoying the game in my very little free time (which is around 2-3 hours a day). after 2 years I’ve clocked ~1500 hours of game play. so you can define me as a “casual” gamer.

@Vayne.8563
just because another game failed, doesn’t mean guild wars will fail. just like they “used” the fact that diablo 3 (although not an MMO) had to be completed 4 times to experience the full game – the clearly said in their promotional videos: "you don’t have to complete the game several times.
Same goes for WOW (and other MMOs) – when they said it’s won’t be a grind fest and not just clicking on textboxes instead of actually doing them.
I don’t see how adding a place for your guild to hang and party will “fail the game”.
nor adding mounts to roam PVE or adding mounts to WvW to add more strategy.
They would make you transform into a scorpion in edge of the mists – but god forbid you would be able to ride it…

Vayne.8563

@Snowmoon.1758
1. Hopefully Anet won’t remove this thread since I’m trying to get Anet to add more features to the game.
2. I don’t care what game it is, it can be archeage/star wars/everquest or pacman- I care about guild wars 2

@SkyShroud.2865
unlike the first guildwars this one aspires to be open world – look at the fact that you can see all the people in all the maps, not just cities like the first guild wars. world events, world bosses…. there’s more to MMO’s then PVP.
I didn’t even mentioned in my original post the ability to kill other players in the maps.
building a house for my guild? yes. using mounts to travel the beautiful world of guildwars instead of teleporting? yes.
Influence the world like – planting trees that the entire server could enjoy? yes.
Non of these are about killing each other.

@uknortherner.2670
As it happens – I have a full time job, a wife, a child and I study at the university…
I don’t see how adding more cool features will prevent me from enjoying the game in my very little free time (which is around 2-3 hours a day). after 2 years I’ve clocked ~1500 hours of game play. so you can define me as a “casual” gamer.

@Vayne.8563
just because another game failed, doesn’t mean guild wars will fail. just like they “used” the fact that diablo 3 (although not an MMO) had to be completed 4 times to experience the full game – the clearly said in their promotional videos: "you don’t have to complete the game several times.
Same goes for WOW (and other MMOs) – when they said it’s won’t be a grind fest and not just clicking on textboxes instead of actually doing them.
I don’t see how adding a place for your guild to hang and party will “fail the game”.
nor adding mounts to roam PVE or adding mounts to WvW to add more strategy.
They would make you transform into a scorpion in edge of the mists – but god forbid you would be able to ride it…

And Anet has already said, at different times, that guild housing will be added to the game but they want to do it right. That has nothing at all to do with Archeage. We had guild halls in Guild Wars 1 also.

I didn’t say it would fail the game, but just bringing it up the way you did pretty much guarantees the deletion of the post.

Wouldn’t it have been just as easy to say we need Guild Halls, to saying we need this game to be more like another game? Wouldn’t it have gotten you a less vocal negative response? If you really want to help the game, make threads with what you want to see in the game, without comparing it to another game.

It’ll get your point across better.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Every game can and does copy anything and everything from other games. The question is only what actually works within the game and what is easier to implement. It also depends on where the company actually wants to go. People keep saying things are easy, they are not or else they would have been in the game a long time ago.
They put in what they think are high priority and can get working. People can scream ‘they are wrong/lazy/incompetent’ all they want but if it does not work or is not a high priority it is not getting into the game anytime soon or at all.

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

I would love to, but the main reason I bought GW2 in the first place was because I was sick of all the pay to win free to play MMOs, there’s no way I’m going back to that crap. I’ll wait for the next (good) buy to play one or just not play mmorgps at all.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

@TheDaiBish.9735
1. I agree with what you are saying – stopping the living world and focusing on an expansion pack should solve this, even if i’d have to pay for it.
2. as said to saalle – this post isn’t about what archeage has – it’s about what gw2 is lacking and should improve, no marketing involved.

1. I disagree. If they stopped the living world, at this present time we probably wouldn’t see an expansion for at the very least another year. During that time, the game would have very little in the way of content and features added (as they’d be saved for the expansion) and the game would get even more stale.

As stated before, I believe their best course of action at this time is to continue with the LS as long as it provides an expansions-worth of content and features within a similar time period. Of course, this is up for debate, since everyone has different ideas as to what constitues as ‘expansions-worth’.

However, say they added the whole of Maguuma, a dungeon or two, a whole story, Precursor Crafting and a bunch of new skills for every class in the next, say, 6 months. Surely that would be better than delivering little to no content whatsoever for the next year?

2. It’s entirely possible to discuss what you think GW2 is lacking without comparing it to other games. In all honesty, can you not see how saying ‘GW2 doesn’t have this, but AA does’ would be considered as advertising, despite your intentions?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Archeage – seems to have a these features and a lot more, and what saddens me is that a lot of people I know are planning to leave guild wars to pursue a new adventure.

So you think we not only need mounts but also open PvP ? Yeah have funny .. happy ganking at Archeage.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

ArcheAge has item mall which means it will have a very high chance of turning P2W.

My prediction is that it will launch, and then a month or two later most of the players will quit noticing lots of things that are wrong with it. Either that or item mall will ruin it.

This exact thing happened to Wildstar and pretty much every MMO before it. It was launched to a lot of hype and now everyone is leaving it.

Say what you will but GW2 survived the test of time. It has and had problems but they weren’t big enough to make headlines. It’s problems stem mainly from the fact that it’s an experimental MMO, which makes it feel rather crude in places.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

@Vayne.8563
You can check my previous suggestions – I suggest things all the time. the reason i chose to mention another game is the fact the a lot of different people came to me from various places and said that they are considering leaving for this game.
I would gladly pay ANet another 50euro or whatever the game costs me at the time that i bought it for them to just add things that are obviously requested by a large audience from day 1.

@Nurgle.6597
I fully agree that Guildwars has done an amazing job in making you pay only once and enjoying the content without having to “force” you to buy things to progress – This really goes a long distance (for me), I personally convinced several people to join gw on that argument alone (besides of course it being a great game).

@Yargesh.4965
As it happens I work at software development, I’m aware of priorities – I just think ANets priorities are not at the right order now – who am i to say? a player and a fan of the game…

Spirigo.2897

Watch most of them come back a month or two later. It’s always like this: “X is the new big thing!” a month later “X sucks, Y is the new big thing!” a month later “Y blows, Z is the new big thing!” – and so on.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

@Deli.1302
Ya ya…

@Spirigo.2897
maybe, didn’t notice it before.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Ok you are aware of priorities. Go up to your boss and say ‘this company is off course’. Small company maybe sit down over a beer and discuss what you mean. Larger company get a memo that this is our focus please keep up the good work. Very large company the exit sign lights up. Any way you look at it unless you give really concrete examples of where it goes wrong and how you are right you will be tilting windmills.

Spirigo.2897

You are trying to convert people to AR. After some time playing AR you will start trying to convert people to another MMO.

In the end it doesn’t matter because MMOs are just reskins of one another with some gimmicks added in.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Ok you are aware of priorities. Go up to your boss and say ‘this company is off course’. Small company maybe sit down over a beer and discuss what you mean. Larger company get a memo that this is our focus please keep up the good work. Very large company the exit sign lights up. Any way you look at it unless you give really concrete examples of where it goes wrong and how you are right you will be tilting windmills.

I gave examples, a lot of other threads gave the same examples (and others).
You already understood that my goal is to add more to the game.
You can support/argue/ignore – I would prefer your support.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

You are trying to convert people to AR. After some time playing AR you will start trying to convert people to another MMO.

In the end it doesn’t matter because MMOs are just reskins of one another with some gimmicks added in.

Not trying to convert… don’t put words in my mouth…
I’m trying to add stuff so people will stay.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

I’m playing gw as I’m answering

Beldin.5498

Then why have you started the thread with the Archeage drama about people changing to AE ?

Just post : i would like feature X .. and you can maybe take another game as a hint how you would like it to be. I for example always say i want housing like in EQ2 .. but i never say : give me that or i leave for EQ2.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

I know many people who are just fading away.

They’re going to Archage, Wildstar and even back to Wow. I myself would leave if I found any of those games worth my while but I don’t so I’m just sitting around on GW2 and waiting for something to happen. Lots of potential in this game, it’s a pity.

-GMB.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Isn’t Archeage a sandbox? A well done sandbox will clearly have more longevity than a themepark like GW2. The issue is, “well done” sandbox games are as rare as rocking horse $&!^.

Vayne.8563

@Vayne.8563
You can check my previous suggestions – I suggest things all the time. the reason i chose to mention another game is the fact the a lot of different people came to me from various places and said that they are considering leaving for this game.
I would gladly pay ANet another 50euro or whatever the game costs me at the time that i bought it for them to just add things that are obviously requested by a large audience from day 1.

@Nurgle.6597
I fully agree that Guildwars has done an amazing job in making you pay only once and enjoying the content without having to “force” you to buy things to progress – This really goes a long distance (for me), I personally convinced several people to join gw on that argument alone (besides of course it being a great game).

@Yargesh.4965
As it happens I work at software development, I’m aware of priorities – I just think ANets priorities are not at the right order now – who am i to say? a player and a fan of the game…

It’s still not relevant. I guarantee you more people followed ESO than are following Archeage. ESO is far closer to this game in what’s offered than Archeage, being a theme park MMO.

There are always people who say they’re going to leave, then leave and come back. But those who leave for Archeage, if they don’t come back, were playing the wrong game in the first place.

Sandbox games aren’t themepark games. People who want a sandbox won’t be happy here. You can’t make this game a sandbox.

People who don’t want a sandbox, won’t stay with Archeage no matter how good it is.

Spirigo.2897

But you are trying to convert. Why are you so sure that people will stay if those things were added? Mounts are questionable, open world PvP will make legions of people leave. It won’t work.

To me it looks like a typical “Look at all this groundbreaking features X has that this doesn’t!” hype thread.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Then why have you started the thread with the Archeage drama about people changing to AE ?

Just post : i would like feature X .. and you can maybe take another game as a hint how you would like it to be. I for example always say i want housing like in EQ2 .. but i never say : give me that or i leave for EQ2.

I understand what you are saying. I didn’t say I was going to leave, but it is ok (IMO) to point out the competition and therefore learn what to improve. maybe this way – the developers will stop for a sec, lift their heads from their keyboard and see what’s else there is to do in the game – and if it requires a more “provocative” post to get that end goal – which is to play more guild wars – it’s worth it.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

But you are trying to convert. Why are you so sure that people will stay if those things were added? Mounts are questionable, open world PvP will make legions of people leave. It won’t work.

To me it looks like a typical “Look at all this groundbreaking features X has that this doesn’t!” hype thread.

1. Read other responses I wrote. I can’t help it if you choose to read a header and disregard everything written inside the post.
2. never once i mentioned open world PVP – that’s all you…

Spirigo.2897

What do you want then? PK is a big aspect of AE afaik, it’s one of the things that make it feel so oldschool.

Your posts are too vague for a suggestion thread.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

not sure what pk is.
what i want as said several times new features (which is mentioned in the original post) – even if not them, something else that will make me and my friends enjoy guild wars again, instead of the current state where I feel like I only come to grind so maybe one day I will use the resources for legendery or what so ever…

Spirigo.2897

The only thing that will make you enjoy it again is a long break. Good thing about GW2 is that it isn’t going anywhere, you can jump on and off at any time without missing out on anything, especially with the new PS format they introduced.

Beldin.5498

not sure what pk is.

pk = Player Killing .. hanging around with your 80 full ascended in Queensdale and kill every Newbie Char that trys to leave town .. something like that.

And that is the reason why AE will simply fail since those games kill themself in the west because the gankers bring all other players to leave, and when there is nobody left to gank then they also leave.

Btw.: what i really want from Archage is that our Character Editor would have that much options. Or an Editor like in Black Desert .. however friendly fire in an MMO and Quests that give no exp .. no thanks.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

Eli The Yahoo.9782

The only thing that will make you enjoy it again is a long break. Good thing about GW2 is that it isn’t going anywhere, you can jump on and off at any time without missing out on anything, especially with the new PS format they introduced.

maybe. it’s hard to give up the addiction

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Trion is an amazing company. I’m no fan boy, but the amount of work they put into Rift was astonishing, and they’ve listened to a lot of suggestions which were added to the game sooner rather than later. Despite it going F2P it’s probably the least cash hungry company compared to Blizz and NCsoft (we all know Anet isn’t the villain behind GW2).

Back on-topic, GW2 development feels painfully slow. It takes several months before something major happens to the game, for good or for worse, and the community is split between ‘Like’ and ‘Hate’. The amount of end game suggests Anet has tried to cater to every single playstyle out there, and is now failing to provide each and every one of those players with sufficient and enjoyable content. Which as a result fills the forum with “I’m Bored” threads. Anet should focus on one or two aspects of the game at a time. The LS imo is a waste of time and I’d much rather prefer a good old fashioned expansion pack to unlock new areas to explore with the possibility of new end game and a goal to reach.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

This game need some progress and by progress I dont mean gear grind.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

2 months ago…
“OMG ANET DO SMHT PPL ARE LAEVING TO ESO!!!!! ESO IS UBERGAME!!!! USUCK!!! PLS FIX!”

I don’t need to say how that ended.

Beldin.5498

2 months ago…
“OMG ANET DO SMHT PPL ARE LAEVING TO ESO!!!!! ESO IS UBERGAME!!!! USUCK!!! PLS FIX!”

I already found a thread in the german Wildstar forums where people ask where all the players are, and that the server are feeling totally empty. And that is just 1 month after release

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

2 months ago…

I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say that, apart from the diehard ES fans who already purchased all the collector editions. I bet they regret playing through that now, having to pretend enjoying themselves.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

So basically releasing more content, and as such taking longer between updates which basically gives the same result, other than if they spread it out you have new stuff for 3-5 hours every two weeks instead of new stuff for 10 hours every second month?

The big difference between a normal MMO expansion and the LS is that a normal MMO expansion continues to exist in the world. It becomes part of the overall MMO world where the LS content mostly is just gone as the story progresses. Don’t get me wrong – I am not one of the people who go through content so fast that I’m waiting around between LS updates. But I recognize that there are people like that.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol