GW2 needs to gain new features

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The big difference between a normal MMO expansion and the LS is that a normal MMO expansion continues to exist in the world. It becomes part of the overall MMO world where the LS content mostly is just gone as the story progresses. Don’t get me wrong – I am not one of the people who go through content so fast that I’m waiting around between LS updates. But I recognize that there are people like that.

But is that really a valid argument now, when LS2 will be permanent? Sure it could have worked with LS1, but nowadays when stuff will be permanent it doesn’t really work.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’d personally much prefer an expansion over LS updates. I’m not a fan of this current update but if i grit my teeth and bare it, I’d probably have the achievements finished up in less than a week.

From there, what else is there to do? Nothing has happened in any of the current maps, and WvW is being completely neglected.

Now I have no idea if Anet is even working on an expansion, but if we compare Gw2 to the likes of World of Warcraft, I’d tend to think that Blizzard would crank out much larger content in a shorter amount of time than Anet. We all know that Blizzard is slow as molasses when it comes to releasing or fixing anything.

I think it was 3yrs before the 1st expansion was released, and the 2nd was released 1 yr later. Were approaching the 2yr anniversary here with Gw2, and if Anet hasn’t even started work on an expansion yet (if they are doing one), there is no way it’ll be finished by the 3rd year, let alone a 2nd expansion the following year.

I don’t like to draw comparisons, but is constant living story content really a better option than actual content packed expansions? Are they really going to make more profit off small LS updates as opposed to expansion releases?

I’ve been eyeing up Archeage myself but it has it’s faults.. ones I can already see relating to bad economy. Havn’t decided whether i’ll make the switch or not when it’s actually released.

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

I just wish to get what was promised from the very beginnings…and a new way of gameplay.

As I said since the last update in almost every thread I am sick of the same NPC abilities and gameplay.
First time was nice and frustrating now it’s not nice not frustrating anymore…I cannot complete any kind of this content without Stability for example because I know that there will be something that push me from a cliff,bridge,rock directly into nothing or lava,etc,etc,etc…

Jumping thing about theres a thread of 10+ pages…jumping puzzles are ok and fun…base a whole content on jumping…sux.
About lore…on wiki there’s 9 lines about Maguuma Jungle…Let the lore fans use their imagination for the rest.

I haven’t logged in since the second day of update because of these and some more boring,irritating and frustrating features which they call core mechanics…like NPC invulnerabilities,crippling,1min poisons,pushing,launching and I am sure there’s some more instant killing mechanics too…But it’s only my opinion I think

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The big difference between a normal MMO expansion and the LS is that a normal MMO expansion continues to exist in the world. It becomes part of the overall MMO world where the LS content mostly is just gone as the story progresses. Don’t get me wrong – I am not one of the people who go through content so fast that I’m waiting around between LS updates. But I recognize that there are people like that.

But is that really a valid argument now, when LS2 will be permanent? Sure it could have worked with LS1, but nowadays when stuff will be permanent it doesn’t really work.

To be fair, when Anet says, “will be,” they mean, “might be.”

I hope it is all permanent. Tghis would address one of my main concerns with the game. I think that the LS concept has great potential if used to permanently expand the world.

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

moderators changed the header – that’s a small step for me

@Beldin
You can easily find the same threads here in guild wars forums every 2 weeks from the day the game launched

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Rgearding the topic: After playing Wildstar for some time now, i think that GW2 is still the better game in terms of gear progression and combat system but is lacking features.

Housing would be a great way to bind players and a suitable gold sink for those who want it. It doesn’t need to give any boni. The current home instances are quite lacking and static without any costumization.

Also i think WvW should be expanded in a more open, much bigger world. Kinda like EOTM but without all those narrow bridges. More open space and less objectives, essentially turning WvW in some kind of “PvP server” inside the server. Make waypoints more sparse, disable hardressing either in combat or entirely and i think the system would be much better.

As for PvP, it needs more options, maybe BGs with different winning objectives.

Also, of course, further balancing is needed.

Given all this, i would even be willing to pay monthly for the game.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Nope you’re not trolling at all my friend. I actually made that comment on one of the live streams about Archeage, that it is in fact everything that GW2 told us it would be (save for the open world events, haven’t seen much of those yet but knowing Trion that’s probably not too far away at least a few of them anyways).

I’m biding my time until it launches as well.

Oh but I will make one comment to the people in these forums.

Archeage is what you would call an actual casual game because it indeed has everything that casuals want. If ever someone misuses the word casual again in these forums just direct them to Archeage as a great example of what casual means.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Rgearding the topic: After playing Wildstar for some time now, i think that GW2 is still the better game in terms of gear progression and combat system but is lacking features.

Housing would be a great way to bind players and a suitable gold sink for those who want it. It doesn’t need to give any boni. The current home instances are quite lacking and static without any costumization.

Also i think WvW should be expanded in a more open, much bigger world. Kinda like EOTM but without all those narrow bridges. More open space and less objectives, essentially turning WvW in some kind of “PvP server” inside the server. Make waypoints more sparse, disable hardressing either in combat or entirely and i think the system would be much better.

As for PvP, it needs more options, maybe BGs with different winning objectives.
Also, of course, further balancing is needed.

Given all this, i would even be willing to pay monthly for the game.

Wait what? GW2 has gear progression?
You realize has soon as you hit lvl 80 and buy full exotics which are dirt cheap, you can do pretty much any content in this game right? (outside high lvl fractals, but ascended progression is basically timegated and a huge money sink which is not at all progress)

Theres no type of gear progression or diversity in gw2 lol. You can complete basically anything in this game with any type of stat combo on your gear…this is basically the opposite of progression lol, you are in basically endgame gear once you buy lvl 80 exotics which cost a few gold a peice.

I enjoy the combat system in gw2 better than wildstar I’ll give you that, but Wildstar has a 100% more diverse system where you can distribute how powerful you want certain skills and you can choose w/e skills you want in a load out where in gw2 I’ve been using the same rotations since release because the choices are mind numblingly simple… GW2 has a more casual friendly approach to their weapons/skill choices but the combat is more fluid here IMO. After 2 years though, its becoming increasingly boring literally doing the same rotations over and over and over because of the lack of build diversity and skill choices

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

• Influencing the world – This is where the difference between the games are. One is a sandbox (or a sandpark, depending on who you talk to) and the other is a themepark. Now, I fully support more sand in the game. However, to the extent you’re looking for I doubt it, as it would most likely require a great deal of work on the engine to support the function. Instead, this should be done through DE’s.

Can never go wrong with a bit of sandpark.

So basically releasing more content, and as such taking longer between updates which basically gives the same result, other than if they spread it out you have new stuff for 3-5 hours every two weeks instead of new stuff for 10 hours every second month?

Or they could reduce the quality, with less QA-time and polish-time, they’d be able to turn out more content. Of course I do imagine most people wouldn’t however prefer low quality content.

1. I agree with what you are saying – stopping the living world and focusing on an expansion pack should solve this, even if i’d have to pay for it.

Well that’s always been the suspicions among players. However the only difference I can see it in the time content gets delivered (all at once) and the amount of content (all at once). Although S1 didn’t live up to the expansion-worth of content there’s no reason ANet couldn’t deliver an expansions worth of content over the period it would take to produce an boxed expansion. Although I do have to acknowledge that we don’t really life in a world of delayed gratification, so I can understand most peoples desire to get a lot of content at once so they can grind through it.

the reason i chose to mention another game is the fact the a lot of different people came to me from various places and said that they are considering leaving for this game.

There’s no real need to defend why you referred to anther game, in general video games have a horrible taxonomy and vocabulary. In most cases game play mechanics and features in one game are referenced/discussed in how they relate to another more well known game because we simply don’t have an effective alternate means of doing so. However your original post did lack any real discussion of these mechanics or features (basically you said, hey look at Archeage it age a lot of the features I would like to see), so it’s also understandable as to how others would perceive you as not referring to any particular mechanic of feature within Archeage but to the whole game itself.

Trion is an amazing company. I’m no fan boy, but the amount of work they put into Rift was astonishing,

I did hear (not experience) that Trion was very good at delivering rapid large content patches. Just too bad it was a raid-end-game MMO, it feels slightly wasteful to spend so much time on content that will be outdated come next patch.

Back on-topic, GW2 development feels painfully slow.

True enough. It hardly feel like they’re a 300 man strong company (even considering not all 300 are developers or men). Although I think a lot of the work that does go into GW2 is behind the scenes (coding and optimizations etc) that we don’t experience because they’re not directly related to mechanics of features. However I’m hoping that with S2 (haven’t learned many lessons from S1) that they’ve managed to setup a decent content pipeline and that they’ll be able to start turning out more substantial content. Else I guess at worse I’ll just relog when new content becomes available (i.e. thanks Buy 2 Play model).

From my perspective Living World S1 was about expanding the world Vertically (that is building onto what was already there, i.e. revamp of Kessex’s Hill, LA adding a JP here revamping a dungeon path here etc.), but S2 seems to be following the Horizontal scaling, not expanding on what already is but adding new things to the game (more in line with the classic expansion model). Although we’ve only had 1 patch so far of S2 but it kinda seems we’ll be getting more classic expansion content this time around (but this will also mean that the current content will go stale since they won’t be touched for some time).

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Wait what? GW2 has gear progression?
You realize has soon as you hit lvl 80 and buy full exotics which are dirt cheap, you can do pretty much any content in this game right?

And that’s exactly what i mean. GW2 was announced as having a horizontal progression instead of the typical gear grind. As a pure PvP player, Wildstar wants me to grind PvE events for weeks to obtain BiS gear.

Also, Ascended gear in GW2 is totally not required to be competitive in, say, WvW duels whereas gear level has a huge impact on Wildstar PvP.

Posted by: Dustbite.3670

Dustbite.3670

I’d personally much prefer an expansion over LS updates. I’m not a fan of this current update but if i grit my teeth and bare it, I’d probably have the achievements finished up in less than a week.

From there, what else is there to do? Nothing has happened in any of the current maps, and WvW is being completely neglected.

Once u’ve grinded for a legendary weapon en got ascended gear, done fractals 1000+ times, and done every dungeon countless times, there isnt much to go for.

WvW could be fun, but it aint keeping me here, since i’m on whiteside ridge, and WvW is kinda dead there. It’s a shame, since GW2 has so much potential.

I’ve been looking forward to season 2, but i’m dissapointed. I hoped for something new and exciting, and we simply got a new map, with not much to do

Eli The Yahoo.9782

• Influencing the world – This is where the difference between the games are. One is a sandbox (or a sandpark, depending on who you talk to) and the other is a themepark. Now, I fully support more sand in the game. However, to the extent you’re looking for I doubt it, as it would most likely require a great deal of work on the engine to support the function. Instead, this should be done through DE’s.

Can never go wrong with a bit of sandpark.

So basically releasing more content, and as such taking longer between updates which basically gives the same result, other than if they spread it out you have new stuff for 3-5 hours every two weeks instead of new stuff for 10 hours every second month?

Or they could reduce the quality, with less QA-time and polish-time, they’d be able to turn out more content. Of course I do imagine most people wouldn’t however prefer low quality content.

1. I agree with what you are saying – stopping the living world and focusing on an expansion pack should solve this, even if i’d have to pay for it.

Well that’s always been the suspicions among players. However the only difference I can see it in the time content gets delivered (all at once) and the amount of content (all at once). Although S1 didn’t live up to the expansion-worth of content there’s no reason ANet couldn’t deliver an expansions worth of content over the period it would take to produce an boxed expansion. Although I do have to acknowledge that we don’t really life in a world of delayed gratification, so I can understand most peoples desire to get a lot of content at once so they can grind through it.

the reason i chose to mention another game is the fact the a lot of different people came to me from various places and said that they are considering leaving for this game.

There’s no real need to defend why you referred to anther game, in general video games have a horrible taxonomy and vocabulary. In most cases game play mechanics and features in one game are referenced/discussed in how they relate to another more well known game because we simply don’t have an effective alternate means of doing so. However your original post did lack any real discussion of these mechanics or features (basically you said, hey look at Archeage it age a lot of the features I would like to see), so it’s also understandable as to how others would perceive you as not referring to any particular mechanic of feature within Archeage but to the whole game itself.

Trion is an amazing company. I’m no fan boy, but the amount of work they put into Rift was astonishing,

I did hear (not experience) that Trion was very good at delivering rapid large content patches. Just too bad it was a raid-end-game MMO, it feels slightly wasteful to spend so much time on content that will be outdated come next patch.

Back on-topic, GW2 development feels painfully slow.

True enough. It hardly feel like they’re a 300 man strong company (even considering not all 300 are developers or men). Although I think a lot of the work that does go into GW2 is behind the scenes (coding and optimizations etc) that we don’t experience because they’re not directly related to mechanics of features. However I’m hoping that with S2 (haven’t learned many lessons from S1) that they’ve managed to setup a decent content pipeline and that they’ll be able to start turning out more substantial content. Else I guess at worse I’ll just relog when new content becomes available (i.e. thanks Buy 2 Play model).

From my perspective Living World S1 was about expanding the world Vertically (that is building onto what was already there, i.e. revamp of Kessex’s Hill, LA adding a JP here revamping a dungeon path here etc.), but S2 seems to be following the Horizontal scaling, not expanding on what already is but adding new things to the game (more in line with the classic expansion model). Although we’ve only had 1 patch so far of S2 but it kinda seems we’ll be getting more classic expansion content this time around (but this will also mean that the current content will go stale since they won’t be touched for some time).

You seem to get it right.

Posted by: Wrain.6792

Wrain.6792

Sooo much mis-information in this thread. I’ll go ahead and “FIX” this real quick.

1. Archeage is in alpha right now. You can pay 150.00 to get in, get time when its released, along with in game items, coin ect.

2. If you think this game failed/is failing overseas you are delusional. In fact, ALPHA is soo crowded right now they just opened a SECOND server due to land/people issues. Remember, this is from people PAYING a $150.00 to even play right now.

3. non casual play??? Um..You can plant your crops, log out, raise your farm, and harvest the stuff whenever. You can set bind points, craft, pvp, merchant, do the AH, raise battle pets, mounts, fly across the sky, pirate…the list goes on and on.

4. The very fact I purchased this game and was in from day 1 first minute log in..after 2 weeks I realized this game is ABSOLUTELY a full step backwards from GW1 and regretted the purchase. (Along with EVERYONE of my friends who have all quit as well)

5. If you think a F2P thats open sandbox is NOT gonna generate at least within the first 6 months of play MORE players than this game you are dead wrong. They may not “stick” but AA will be flooded beyond belief.

6. To the person ranting on TRION for their business methods. Are you kidding me??? I’m no fan of RIFT but I will say without a doubt they have the BEST f2p model out there hands down. Its nowhere near P2W and its very clean and still lets F2P enjoy a solid game experience.

You guys keep sticking around on this sinking ship and telling yourself its “gonna get better”. Its coming up on 2 years now and you really think Anet is making a substantial amount of money of this sinking ship????

Great graphics. is ALL This game ever had. See you in AA if you come on over. If not i’ll catch you when you join open beta around sept/oct. Say hello to my Mother Pearl Pirate ship while I blast you and take your trade goods.

Wrain

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

yea im taking a break to play WS until this game has more content. I love GW2 but after almost 2 years of basically the exact samething and not being bale to get a fractal skin for over 7 months, I need a break

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Sooo much mis-information in this thread. I’ll go ahead and “FIX” this real quick.

1. Archeage is in alpha right now. You can pay 150.00 to get in, get time when its released, along with in game items, coin ect.

2. If you think this game failed/is failing overseas you are delusional. In fact, ALPHA is soo crowded right now they just opened a SECOND server due to land/people issues. Remember, this is from people PAYING a $150.00 to even play right now.

The game will fail if they don’t change their mind finally to make PvE Servers.

Open PvP games in the west always end as gankfests and kill themself as soon as the gankers have managed to drove away the PVE players and then get bored because there is noone left to gank.

Just compare how many players AION has in Asia and in Europe / US.

I really like a lot of the visuals of asian games and the character editors of some .. but that Open PvP crap simply doesn’t make them to something i would play for longer.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

3. non casual play??? Um..You can plant your crops, log out, raise your farm, and harvest the stuff whenever. You can set bind points, craft, pvp, merchant, do the AH, raise battle pets, mounts, fly across the sky, pirate…the list goes on and on.

4. The very fact I purchased this game and was in from day 1 first minute log in..after 2 weeks I realized this game is ABSOLUTELY a full step backwards from GW1 and regretted the purchase. (Along with EVERYONE of my friends who have all quit as well)

5. If you think a F2P thats open sandbox is NOT gonna generate at least within the first 6 months of play MORE players than this game you are dead wrong. They may not “stick” but AA will be flooded beyond belief.

6. To the person ranting on TRION for their business methods. Are you kidding me??? I’m no fan of RIFT but I will say without a doubt they have the BEST f2p model out there hands down. Its nowhere near P2W and its very clean and still lets F2P enjoy a solid game experience.

You guys keep sticking around on this sinking ship and telling yourself its “gonna get better”. Its coming up on 2 years now and you really think Anet is making a substantial amount of money of this sinking ship????

Great graphics. is ALL This game ever had. See you in AA if you come on over. If not i’ll catch you when you join open beta around sept/oct. Say hello to my Mother Pearl Pirate ship while I blast you and take your trade goods.

Wrain

Misinformation works two ways. All your friends have left so the game is dying. Give me a break.

Archeage is great because you like it. Nope, not even close.

It was not as successful as expected in Korea which is why the game is being held off for US release, until they can get 1.2 here. That fixes some of what was wrong with the original launch.,

But the biggest thing is that it IS a sandbox MMO, and they’re not usually as popular. Eve is arguably the most successful sandbox MMO in history and it has less than half a million subs at its highest point.

Sandbox MMOs are for people who want to think and make their own entertainment. For casuals. I’m sure casuals would love to grow their gardens, only to be PKed by some high level guy who wants to drink their tears.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

“They” need to do something, like making each LS update larger because the FAR FROM CASUAL players have nothing more to do once done, as it is EVERYTHING can be done and finished with in 3 to 5 hours leaving us with nothing to do until the next TINY LS update.

As example: No matter how good a story may be, if you can just progress some small steps every two weaks, this story gets spoiled by boredom and resentment.
That’s why I still think the personal story was better, even if the story was more obvious and the story-telling worse. You can do the PS how fast you want, not how fast the devs are delivering new updates. Beside of that, the game still needs a lot of polishing. The game is neither balanced, nor “perfectly imbalanced” and weird and/or frustrating bugs happen everywhere and all the time.

Posted by: Veqluna.7638

Veqluna.7638

Don’t make less Living Story though , It alway hook me up with the game and It make me feel that the game have some life to it .

and if you going to add feature don’t add Mount horse feature it is lame, it has been copy from another mmo to another, and i hate it

(edited by Veqluna.7638)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

“They” need to do something, like making each LS update larger because the FAR FROM CASUAL players have nothing more to do once done, as it is EVERYTHING can be done and finished with in 3 to 5 hours leaving us with nothing to do until the next TINY LS update.

As example: No matter how good a story may be, if you can just progress some small steps every two weaks, this story gets spoiled by boredom and resentment.
That’s why I still think the personal story was better, even if the story was more obvious and the story-telling worse. You can do the PS how fast you want, not how fast the devs are delivering new updates. Beside of that, the game still needs a lot of polishing. The game is neither balanced, nor “perfectly imbalanced” and weird and/or frustrating bugs happen everywhere and all the time.

What’s stopping you from doing this story at your own pace. Wait for several chapters, do them when you want. You don’t have to do them today.

Or are you saying this would be better if everyone was forced to wait, and we got it all at one time?

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

It’s true that having such small updates makes people get bored faster, I suppose Arenanet does that so that people will keep on logging every two weeks, they check the gemstore more often and maybe they buy new stuff.

I know GW2 is not GW, but if I think back at what kept me playin for so long on the first GW.. it’s because every 6 months or so we had a whole new region to explore, two new classes, new skills to get and new hard endgame zones to complete. Here on GW2 we get a repetitive content to farm for two weeks until something new to farm comes out.

It’s just my opinion, but maybe things could get better if

1) we had big updates every 3 months or so, with huge new maps to explore and, as soon as we’re done exploring Tyria, even whole new regions.

2) New guild bosses every 6 months with a small update on the previous boss every 3 months with new items (for example the Triple Trouble wurm was released 6 months ago and only has 3 pieces of armor to get, would be nice if they updated the wurm to let us get the rest of the armor).

3) A new class every 6 months (or one every year if in 6 months it’s not possible). This is probably the most difficult thing since it’s not easy to create something totally new every 6 or12 months. Most of the old classes we had on GW are reborn into the classes we have now on GW2, maybe only the dervish could be something totally new (well, they will have to remove the human race elite skills since they are similar to the Dervish’s “avatar” elite skills).

4) New exclusive weapons/armors we can get through missions/dungeons/achievements, not random drops or gem store items. Something we have to work hard to get and that takes time, but not because it’s hard to drop (like precursors or any kitten ed RNG drop). This is probably one of the worst problems, we have Legendary weapons that have nothing of legendary and someone could skip every step to obtain them and just buy them on the TP. We need unique armor/weapons, account bound and hard to get.

I don’t think that housing or mounts would fit in GW2, we already have our own instance in every capital and mounts would be just estetic items since we have waypoints that already allow us to move fast between maps. They could make mounts but they would be like the Enchanted Broom we got during the Halloween event, they would be items to buy in the gem store… it’s not something that would keep players busy in the game to obtain them.

Beldin.5498

I know GW2 is not GW, but if I think back at what kept me playin for so long on the first GW.. it’s because every 6 months or so we had a whole new region to explore, two new classes, new skills to get and new hard endgame zones to complete. Here on GW2 we get a repetitive content to farm for two weeks until something new to farm comes out.

Wait .. so you will tell us GW1 had 12 expansions ? Over 6 years ever 6 month .. thats 12 for me .. or at least 11.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Wrain.6792

Wrain

Misinformation works two ways. All your friends have left so the game is dying. Give me a break.

Archeage is great because you like it. Nope, not even close.

It was not as successful as expected in Korea which is why the game is being held off for US release, until they can get 1.2 here. That fixes some of what was wrong with the original launch.,

But the biggest thing is that it IS a sandbox MMO, and they’re not usually as popular. Eve is arguably the most successful sandbox MMO in history and it has less than half a million subs at its highest point.

Sandbox MMOs are for people who want to think and make their own entertainment. For casuals. I’m sure casuals would love to grow their gardens, only to be PKed by some high level guy who wants to drink their tears.

Really…

I have NO idea why people chime in with just more dribble and know NOTHING about what they are talking about. Let me break this down for you since you obviously did’nt get it the first time.

1. The game IS dying because you have LESS and LESS people signing in EVERY month. So yes, you can include my friends in your snide little comment.

2. Archeage IS great not because I like it, but because its growing THAT fast. Not only is it doing well in Korea, but its also growing in Russia; and now US and was picked up by TRION. Hmmmmm..It must just be me though.

3. Eve online is a SCI-FI MMO. The very fact that you are gonna try to bring in a non-popular fictional type universe and then compare it to the “fantasy” setting that is the western favorite is just LOL. Name one big Sci-fi MMO besides Eve pulling numbers………(silence)….(crickets)…yaaaaaaaa.

4. And once again, your last statement; the lamest of them all. Proves you know NOTHING about Archeage and you’re just another fanboi. HOW can you get Pk’d when there are areas to build your house with NO, I repeat, NO pvp at all…..??? Oh let me guess, you just want to take shots at something you know nothing about.

Matter a fact; You can play Archeage and NEVER, I repeat NEVER touch pvp. You can stay out of zones that are in WAR time. Or just stay in the 100% pve zones. So please; go do homework about something before you get on here and try to “fanboi” it up.

If you want to argue at least know what you are talking about.

P.s 1.2 is already out…so again, another person talking and not understanding the game…Why…do …you…post.

Wrain

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

An interesting post from Turbine about their own forums and how impressions can be skewed. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?551097-Continued-discussion-from-SHIELD-transcript-RE-Raids-and-the-future&p=7190231#post7190231

Not even a tiny bit. Because, and I’ll be blunt, honest, and deal only in facts here (you can do with that as you wish) to make it clear.

Raiders comprise the smallest, by far, group in our game. PvMP players are far larger and even they are small. in fact together the two groups wouldn’t comprise 10% of the total player base and never have (this is important. it’s not a new thing, it’s a long standing historical fact).

Forum posters comprise a slightly larger group than the combined group of PvMP and Raiders. However, Raiders and PvMP players make up the overwhelming majority of forum posters (More than half. Though raiders are the smaller group of the two (PvMP/Raiders)). So you have a tiny group, inside a small group that is grossly disproportionately represented on the forums.

I fully appreciate and understand you won’t believe a word of this. That’s perfectly fine. It doesn’t change the facts of the matter.

Beldin.5498

2. Archeage IS great not because I like it, but because its growing THAT fast.

The same could be said about AION .. but .. oh wait .. not in the west since western players always gank these games to death.

Or Lineage 2 .. was the game with the most subscribers before WoW .. however in the west they celebrated 64.000 users, while in total it had 2,5 millions.

I can tell you what i will do when Archage comes out here .. i will play around with the character editor .. will maybe play 2-3 day, and if i reach that level where everyone can kill you thats at least the moment to stop .. if i can even motivate myself to play so long.

The same will also happen with Black Desert that is maybe the next game that people will sell us as the new messiah after Archeage has been released and failed.

Or just stay in the 100% pve zones

Who wants to play an MMO where he can just stay in zones < level 30 forever ?
How long do you think that will hold players ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/24dpl0/is_it_possible_to_play_pure_pve/

(edited by Beldin.5498)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I had to chime in here because I haven’t played GW2 much since April and I haven’t played at all in a month.
Hell I haven’t even updated my game- or logged in for season 2 freebee
frankly I won’t

I have been playing ArcheAge
Yes I am in alpha
(btw we are playing 1.2 right now)

This is what I have come to realize

GW2 is all beautiful smoke and mirrors
You have no agency, no relevancy, you mean nothing, you scramble for resources to buy stuff off the cash shop and your game is incredibly linear and limited by how Anet wants you to play.

This is not my experience in AA at all
I’ll tell you about my experience:

for you who say AA is a gankfest- I have died to another player once in more than a month :P

Crafting matters a lot- actually the best gear in game comes from crafting and you have to pick what you max so the good crafters are very much in demand and make a fortune

Farming land owner ship and all that is an amazing part of the game and is needed to supply resources to other parts of the game

Mounts in AA are essential because unlike GW2- it is an actual open world and the maps are not instanced- distances are vast.
gliders are really amazing

Guilds really really matter as does your reputation

you have an astonishing variety of stuff to do

Politics and alliances are a thing

private trade does not make the game blow up

Sailing and fishing is really fun and addictive

taming world bosses are a thing

the game gives you what you need- no need to scramble for stuff

I can go on…..

to those saying that AA is a bad game
all I can say is LOL

I played GW2 from beta for 2 years and I loved it- I can never come back though because it is just so….
irrelevant

Gunnar’s Hold

Beldin.5498

for you who say AA is a gankfest- I have died to another player once in more than a month :P

You play in an Alpha !!! Can’t be compared to a game that has been released some months.

I have also never been ganked in AION Beta .. and even the first 3-4 month very seldom, but then it got worse every day. That happens normaly when the player also get bored because they played the same content soo often .. so what should we do ? Oh .. gank some newbies, “carebears” or whatever would be fun.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

“3. Eve online is a SCI-FI MMO. The very fact that you are gonna try to bring in a non-popular fictional type universe and then compare it to the “fantasy” setting that is the western favorite is just LOL. Name one big Sci-fi MMO besides Eve pulling numbers………(silence)….(crickets)…yaaaaaaaa.”

Wildstar ?

Wrain.6792

Dont even waste your time arguing with “Beldin”.

Seriously once again he proves he knows NOTHING about Archeage..

He fails to even understand how long Alpha has been out, and that a second server was already released.

Yes you can play AA and stay out of pvp just fine..but hes never gonna grasp it….Hes just another fanboi scared the shiny wrapping around his present holds nothing inside. GW2.

Beldin.5498

He fails to even understand how long Alpha has been out, and that a second server was already released.

Yes you can play AA and stay out of pvp just fine..but hes never gonna grasp it….Hes just another fanboi scared the shiny wrapping around his present holds nothing inside. GW2.

So all those people on Reddit are wrong ? Or all other sources that i googled where i always read you are only save in zones <lvl30 ?

If you have better infos about that you can flag yourself to not be attackable in lvl 30+ zones or whatever .. please give me a link instead of just insulting me.

I have constantly googled again and again if we maybe will get PvE Server since .. but always found the same infos.

So give me links to your infos that i don’t have .. if you know sooo much more.

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Wait .. so you will tell us GW1 had 12 expansions ? Over 6 years ever 6 month .. thats 12 for me .. or at least 11.

The first new chapter came out after one year from propehcies, then another one after 6 months and the other one after 8 or 9 months I think. Anyway, on GW2 they could do medium sized updates every 3 months, but with a lot more stuff and more polished.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

So all those people on Reddit are wrong ? Or all other sources that i googled where i always read you are only save in zones <lvl30 ?

If you have better infos about that you can flag yourself to not be attackable in lvl 30+ zones or whatever .. please give me a link instead of just insulting me.

I have constantly googled again and again if we maybe will get PvE Server since .. but always found the same infos.

So give me links to your infos that i don’t have .. if you know sooo much more.

the fact that you are talking about a PVE server means you don’t get what AA is about at all.
The entire game/ story/ alliances/resources etc is based around conflict- there can never be a PvE server- it is like asking for your dog to be a parakeet because you want him to chirp

Firstly- yes post level 30 zones are PvP- but there are war times and peace times- a red cannot attack you first- he can do nothing to you unless you attack him- so you are fine.
See a red on your own continent- ignore him.
Unless of course you want to kill him

You get crime points if you kill your own faction- being in jail is boring
PK is generally not looked on kindly by many people and guilds have gotten bad reputations for it.

North Continent and sea is always at war- don’t want to make war – don’t go there

Secondly- what you seem to not understand is that post level 30 AA is largely a sandbox- you do what you want- you cannot run out of “things” to do because it is not about doing x however many times to get y.

GW2 is stale because players are dependent on Anet to provide new content or “rides”

AA is about player interaction and player content

I know this from playing the game not from Google or Reddit

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

I just don’t understand why Anet keeps with claw and teeth to their ’’Traditions’’ and not really wanna try nothing new or add something.
No game can survive long if they add nothing new.
Why is so hard to create something used by many but unique in his way?(I could give some ideas but I am not paid for this)

But one thing is sure,they like how it’s actually going and if Anet’s statistics show that everything is OK,who are we to argue about or complain?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

When another MMO adds an expansion, they (commonly – don’t need to hear about exceptions) add a large territory of map as well as all the quests and other activities that are in that new territory. For LS1, Anet re-used maps that already existed. They changed them and added LS activities which then went away when the LS was over. So what was new to do when Season 1 ended? Edge of the Mists if you WvW, some dungeons if you do those, I can’t think of anything else.

This season we have a permanent “story” instance. It isn’t part of the world. Yes we can redo it at any time, but why? Are you going to do it for loot or XP?

We do have a new map, but it is small. It seems like it will keep growing through the season and hopefully that is true. Will the current activities on that map stay when the LS events or the season is over? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

LS is a casuals paradise for the most part and that is GW2 target… hence the focus will always remain LS + gemstore unless they change up their philosophy, just how it is unfortunately….

the fact its been close to 2 years with
no new skills/weapons
no new gear and hardly any build diversity choices outside cosmetics/ascended which is not even required, just there for min/maxers
hardly any new dungs
hardly any ACTUAL guild or group events (teq/wurm is just an open world raid with crappy rewards)… I want to team up with my guildies and go into an instance where its actually difficult and rewarding, not hop on a zerg train spamming 1 like these LS meta events
EOTM is not even WvW, it has no impact at all on your home server lol. Its purely used as a karma train farm and filled with a lot of uplevels
PvP is thrown completely aside , balance is same ole, sky hammer still exists in soloQ and e-sports has been an embarassing flop… ToL twitch viewing turn out for the finals is sad… can’t event beat out runescape numbers on twitch lol.

but we have tool tip updates every patch along with new gemstore items and of course the lovely cheesy story for LS..sigh

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think they added about 2 to 3 new features each update they are just all related to combat and to a lesser amount loot.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

I just want the guild house and better housing
And more fluff!

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

I don’t think another game will really kill GW2, I think ANet will do it. For me GW2 was a good game for awhile and now it is another “login for 5seconds stare at the screen log off” game installed on my PC.

For me personally they should have released an expansion earlier, if they had they would have secured my money and a load of other ex-guildies but now? I would be a bit hard pressed to spend money on a game that is utterly boring for end game unless that expansion broke it out of its own mould.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

What’s stopping you from doing this story at your own pace. Wait for several chapters, do them when you want. You don’t have to do them today.

Or are you saying this would be better if everyone was forced to wait, and we got it all at one time?

I am saying thet they should separate the content. They shouldn’t tie their story releases to a two-week pattern. They should rather implement time consuming thing you have to to first in order to progress.

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Actually a friend of mine has said that ANet is just KTLO – keeping the light on.
since guild wars has saturated it’s potential market with over 3 million players – they create a minimal amount of content to keep the players coming back and purchasing gems with real money – notice how gems becomes constantly pricier then gold.

At the end all that will remain from guild wars is a dress up contest, who has the best looking out fit and weapons.

Just look and the guildwars facebook page – 80% of the posts are:
“rate my character looks”

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Since this thread couldn’t stay on topic and derailed into a discussion about other games than Guild Wars 2, we’ll now close it.

Thank you for your understanding.