GW2 playerbase

GW2 playerbase

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The only relevant information Anet has released about it’s playerbase is here.

According to that blog post, at the peak of the games popularity there were 460k concurrent players.

The player population has obviously decreased since then (ie. megaservers). If I were to guess, GW2 might be as popular as TF2 is right now, and that game has around 50k peak concurrent users most days according to steam stats.

Bingo.

The only stat that accurate tracks player population is concurrent users. Anything else is moot.

In that case, none of us has the data. ANet only rarely releases “concurrent user” stats. Everyone in this thread is just speculating based on their own interpretation of the sparse data we can find (which, mind you, is what social scientists & astronomers do all the time, since it’s very hard to accurately measure their variables of interest).

tl;dr those who know how many GW2 players, don’t tell. Those who tell, don’t know.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

GW2 playerbase

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

anet didn’t provide the numbers
did you even read the article at all?
“SuperData Research CEO Joost van Dreunen”

sophomoric indeed

I guess i missed that but i can admit to that. Whether a company ceo would lie is up to question. We know it isnt anet promoting their own game then. But you really enjoy rubbing people the wrong way dont you. Theres really no winners in forum debates and yet you spend every post trying to devalue what i say. Leave the little insults out and maybe youll learn to have an adult conversation. Go back and show me any point where i insult your ideas. People grow up eventually so i have hope for you.

(edited by Aarean.5398)

GW2 playerbase

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

sophomoric indeed

I guess i missed that but i can admit to that. Whether a company ceo would lie is up to question. We know it isnt anet promoting their own game then. But you really enjoy rubbing people the wrong way dont you. Theres really no winners in forum debates and yet you play a soap box stance on your matter. Leave the little insults out and maybe youll learn to have an adult conversation. Go back and show me any point where i insult your ideas. People grow up eventually so i have hope for you.

wow….lol

just to make things clear. you are the one who started putting words in my statement like devaluing? wow. really. then, you start to use the so-called “rhetoric” reply to prove your “point” and finally, you claim it to be more “logical”. i don’t know, there is really nothing adult about that, it is more like someone trying real hard to say they are right and going all out to protect anet while attempting to give a impression that there is no right or wrong. all in all, attempt to make others look like a villain while looking like a great fellow.

furthermore, looking at your posts history, you didn’t participant in forums much and look, you going real hard at it.

you know, if you actually made objective discussion which is what being done here instead of those, that will be different.

to your question, ceo does not lie but analysis is analysis, it is never accurate. trend can be said to be directional accurate but numbers will never be do. so when they say active is doubled, sure, the trend is going up but doubled or not, no1 can say for sure. so when they say 3.1 million, that is never a accurate number and will be far from accurate. also, how is their MAU calculated? no1 knows

game companies nowadays rarely will report the MAU to public. unless the games are on steam or similar platform which subject to their online count features.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

GW2 playerbase

Aarean.5398

sophomoric indeed

I guess i missed that but i can admit to that. Whether a company ceo would lie is up to question. We know it isnt anet promoting their own game then. But you really enjoy rubbing people the wrong way dont you. Theres really no winners in forum debates and yet you play a soap box stance on your matter. Leave the little insults out and maybe youll learn to have an adult conversation. Go back and show me any point where i insult your ideas. People grow up eventually so i have hope for you.

wow….lol

just to make things clear. you are the one who started putting words in my statement like devaluing? wow. really. then, you start to use the so-called “rhetoric” reply to prove your “point” and finally, you claim it to be more “logical”. i don’t know, there is really nothing adult about that, it is more like someone trying real hard to say they are right and going all out to protect anet while attempting to give a impression that there is no right or wrong. all in all, attempt to make others look like a villain while looking like a great fellow.

furthermore, looking at your posts history, you didn’t participant in forums much and look, you going real hard at it.

you know, if you actually made objective discussion which is what being done here instead of those, that will be different.

to your question, ceo does not lie but analysis is analysis, it is never accurate. trend can be said to be directional accurate but numbers will never be do. so when they say active is doubled, sure, the trend is going up but doubled or not, no1 can say for sure. so when they say 3.1 million, that is never a accurate number and will be far from accurate. also, how is their MAU calculated? no1 knows

game companies nowadays rarely will report the MAU to public. unless the games are on steam or similar platform which subject to their online count features.

Everything was fine until you posted nitpicking my word usage and insulting my argument. Me saying mine is more logical is way different than you saying mine is juvenile. See what im saying there? Keep that crap to yourself and just say everything else. Its childish to bring those type of words into debates and you could of easily made your point without it. I chose to ignore your first attack and you kept at it. You should have just left me out of your posts at that point. As for going into my post history im sorry for what nerve i struck but youre taking this too personally. Im sorry so lets just move on. The information is out here so we have nothing further to discuss

GW2 playerbase

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

No one knows the actual numbers except Anet.

Anything other then Anet responding to this forum and giving us the numbers (I have a better chance of hitting the lotto twice in a row) is nothing more then speculation.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

GW2 playerbase

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Everything was fine until you posted nitpicking my word usage and insulting my argument. Me saying mine is more logical is way different than you saying mine is juvenile. See what im saying there? Keep that crap to yourself and just say everything else. Its childish to bring those type of words into debates and you could of easily made your point without it. I chose to ignore your first attack and you kept at it. You should have just left me out of your posts at that point. As for going into my post history im sorry for what nerve i struck but youre taking this too personally. Im sorry so lets just move on. The information is out here so we have nothing further to discuss

i see…rhetoric
attacks? what attacks? personal? what personal?

firstly, when im talking about posts history, im saying about your entire forums post history and implying that you are inexperience when come to forums discussions. while being inexperience at that, you are going real hard in the discussions, using some fancy yet ambiguous reasoning. most importantly, in some replies you have made, you are attempting to imply very negative things about the posters themselves while not being objective about the topic at hand (yes, rhetoric).

to put it simple, you have been using suggestive words about the posters and when the same thing are used on you, you get upset about. then maybe you should stop using those suggestive words and others will not do so, isn’t that simple?

once again, i re-read your posts history and in your very recent participation in another thread, you again imply something negative about a poster and that poster happen to be a elder. i highlight again, please be objective.

i have digress from the main topic far enough

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

GW2 playerbase

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

3.1 million accounts log in every month? But which year?

GW2 playerbase

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Only 300,000 bought HoT, so by now the maximum playerbase isn’t going to be much higher than that, considering the power creep and how much they nerfed core.

GW2 playerbase

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Only 300,000 bought HoT, so by now the maximum playerbase isn’t going to be much higher than that, considering the power creep and how much they nerfed core.

And F2P players?

GW2 playerbase

Aarean.5398

Where is it posted that 300,000 was the attained sales to date? Ill take anything posted as long as it isnt some random forum.

GW2 playerbase

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Where is it posted that 300,000 was the attained sales to date? Ill take anything posted as long as it isnt some random forum.

NCSoft earnings report. They extrapolated it based on what the stable gem sales figure would be.