GW2 whats going on

GW2 whats going on

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hellzfire.7105

Hellzfire.7105

I have been playing this game for quite a while and am wondering where the fun went. All I do now is log in to do my daily and dont log in anymore. The big update that was promised… February was a bust… the new one for the end of February seems like it has nothing for a pve person all i see is the wvw and a guild quests.

So for the single pve and the person who pugs groups alot is their any incentive to play or just wait until the precursor patch comes out. I am not a legendary kitten I have yet to see a precursor drop in any group for five monthes and i am on fractal level 25 up to 200 fractals now.

I completed the Flame and Frost event just like other players in under a couple of hours… now sit for 3 weeks…… I enjoyed the halloween event, Lost shores.. could of been handled better, christmas event (wow that was a long event).. but now nothing. I really hope your next patch is worth the “expansion quality” that Colin said it would be.

Any thoughts on this topic.. please post.. just keep it civil.

(edited by Hellzfire.7105)

GW2 whats going on

Posted by: MattCoy.3098

MattCoy.3098

You know, guild quests = PvE content

GW2 whats going on

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

if you have been following anything about the flame and frost update, this one is going to take a while. I expect large changes to the pve world from this update.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

GW2 whats going on

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

GW2 is about to lose alot of people to lack of content.

GW2 whats going on

Hellzfire.7105

from what i see its 5 quests in the Southsun Cove that will kill about a day.. and they will be revamping AC bosses.. after 5 months if you have not beat this dungeun with every explorable path then you dont really need a update for content.

GW2 whats going on

Quick Mouse.7635

from what i see its 5 quests in the Southsun Cove that will kill about a day.. and they will be revamping AC bosses.. after 5 months if you have not beat this dungeun with every explorable path then you dont really need a update for content.

how do you know this? they havent released ANYTHING about guild quests.

GW2 whats going on

Hellzfire.7105

I ready alot.. gw2 dulfy had this where colin had a talk with another site and did not bother to promote it here for some reason. This is dulfys quick notes.

Dragonseason.com had a lunch today with Colin Johanson and asked some questions. Here are some of the details about the upcoming February update revealed through their twitter update.
Guild Missions
• 5 types of guild missions built with influence. Bounty is one of them.
• Guild Missions will be taking place in Southsun Cove
WvW (coming March?)
• WvW updates will not introduce new skills but will bring passive abilities aimed towards group play (i.e. extra supply)
• Changes to Commander book incoming, with more features but will remain character bound
• Orange crossed swords in WvW won’t show if there are less than 25 people after February update
Dungeon revamp
• All the bosses in Ascalon Catacombs (AC) completely rebuilt for February release along with some open world champions.
• Not making them easier but more interesting (i.e. more fractal boss like)
Legendary
• Possibility of new legendary types (not weapons) and combinations
• There will be other legendaries in the future. Priority is resolving ways to get precursors, including the scavenger hunt

All links go to http://dulfy.net/2013/02/20/dragon-season-lunch-with-colin-johanson-and-feburary-update-details/

GW2 whats going on

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

http://dragonseason.com/Front/tabid/124/EntryId/210/Lunch-with-Colin-Johanson.aspx

And it’s more than just 5 quests in Southsun. Southsun is just an example on where some of the mission can take place.

Edit: beaten >.<

Edit: My link be different.

(edited by Kyrel.8942)

GW2 whats going on

Quick Mouse.7635

so some of guild quests are going to take place in southun cove…great! This area needs more activity. Obviously this won’t be the only area they take place.

GW2 whats going on

Hellzfire.7105

so some of guild quests are going to take place in southun cove…great! This area needs more activity. Obviously this won’t be the only area they take place.

We hope not but if it is any indication i bet it is a zone wide multiple event quest.. and please next time you doubt someone check some internet chatter… colin speaks on many forums… this is usually the last stop for information. And can you give me that plus 1 you have cause it was probably earned in error.

Thanks!!!!

GW2 whats going on

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Correct. Anthony Orden posted in another thread that while a lot of guild missions do take place in Southsun Cove (in his words, “there’s a lot of unused space there”), other guild missions do take place across the entire world.

GW2 whats going on

Quick Mouse.7635

We hope not but if it is any indication i bet it is a zone wide multiple event quest.. and please next time you doubt someone check some internet chatter… colin speaks on many forums… this is usually the last stop for information. And can you give me that plus 1 you have cause it was probably earned in error.

Thanks!!!!

ummmm….re-read your own initial post? doesn’t indicate that you read any of this ‘chatter’

GW2 whats going on

Hellzfire.7105

I will take your one point please.. :]

GW2 whats going on

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

GW2 is about to lose alot of people to lack of content.

Says you.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

GW2 whats going on

Posted by: whipplerama.3692

whipplerama.3692

I find this a little ironic, since all updates thus far have been pve centric. The pvpers get kitten.

They must have taken my marbles away.
But they gave me plenty of porous bones to compensate.