GW2s most prestigious costume?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Just for fun I set myself the challenge of putting together GW2’s most prestigious costume – all the rarest, hardest to obtain skins and most expensive dyes together. Surely a thing of glory to behold!

My attempt is below and since a lot has changed since I last tried this in 2014 and I think there’s many more options now I’d love to hear your thoughts and maybe even see some alternate takes on it.

Featured in my attempt is:

• Celebration Hat (free give-away during the headstart weekend)
  • Glorious Hero’s Shoulderguards (place 1st in a PvP tournament)
  • Perfected Envoy Jerkin (legendary armour)
  • Fire God’s Vambraces (30 Hall of Monuments points)
  • Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s Legguards (1900 WvW rank + purchase earlier versions)
  • Invisible Boots (about 2,000-3,000 gold)
  • Eternity (combine both other legendary greatswords)
  • Warbringer (legendary WvW backpack)

Dyes are Permafrost, Shadow Abyss, Scorched and Bloody Red with a combined price of about 1,550g (and that’s using buy orders).

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Not enough auras.

P.S. I think using Perfected Envoy Leggings + Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Chest would be better. I also think you should use Nightfury for shoulders with the Glorious Hero’s Gloves.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Danikat.8537

Oh yeah, I meant to say that auras can’t be previewed so I wasn’t able to include them.

Also I was trying to avoid including too many skins that can be purchased on the TP because my understanding is that’s not considered as prestigious as something you have to earn. I included the Invisible Boots because there’s not that many options for boots and they are one of the most expensive items in the game, and Eternity because I couldn’t decide on another option, but I didn’t want it to all be stuff you can buy.

Posted by: Malystryx.4172

Malystryx.4172

Mad Memories. First year Halloween, collection and achievement quest if I remember right.

Attachments:

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Just for fun I set myself the challenge of putting together GW2’s most prestigious costume – all the rarest, hardest to obtain skins and most expensive dyes together. Surely a thing of glory to behold!

My attempt is below and since a lot has changed since I last tried this in 2014 and I think there’s many more options now I’d love to hear your thoughts and maybe even see some alternate takes on it.

• Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s Legguards (1900 WvW rank + purchase earlier versions)

Dyes are Permafrost, Shadow Abyss, Scorched and Bloody Red with a combined price of about 1,550g (and that’s using buy orders).

Yeah, that’s certainly an abomination all right, good work.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

But that’s how about 50% of the players actually look like in-game. I’d say 10% wear vanilla gear because they are newer players leaving only 30% or less with anything even remotely fashionable and unique.

The Greyhawk.9107

But that’s how about 50% of the players actually look like in-game. I’d say 10% wear vanilla gear because they are newer players leaving only 30% or less with anything even remotely fashionable and unique.

I like how people say this stuff to me as if I’ve not played the game and seen this kind of insult to the eyes for myself.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: TheSlothArmada.6709

TheSlothArmada.6709

Maybe everyone would look good if everything in this game that is worth wearing didn’t cost 100’s or 1000’s of gold

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Maybe everyone would look good if everything in this game that is worth wearing didn’t cost 100’s or 1000’s of gold

Maybe there are some things worth wearing that cost much, much less.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Yeah, I think it may suck that something you want to wear costs over 500 gold, but it’s a different story when people wear things because they cost over 500 gold…and then there were wings…

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

No offense Danikat, but that is horrendous! Haha. Great challenge idea, a few players that show off they’re prestigious-ness via their appearance almost always look like a cat puked up xmas decorations.

IWN is totally right, there’s good looking armor that is cheap to obtain, mixed with each other. Creativeness > Expensive/rarity imo.

Fair enough if you want to show off legendaries/rare stuff. But come on atleast make it look good, you don’t need all the stuff/auras on one character. But to each their own, right?

Kitten.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No offense Danikat, but that is horrendous! Haha. Great challenge idea, a few players that show off they’re prestigious-ness via their appearance almost always look like a cat puked up xmas decorations.

….
Fair enough if you want to show off legendaries/rare stuff. But come on atleast make it look good, you don’t need all the stuff/auras on one character. But to each their own, right?

I’m not sure that Danikat owns all of that. I think they were trying to show the “most prestigious in slot” skins via the preview window.

If Danikat actually owned all that, then we can be sure that

• We’d have seen a Danikat Character™ in Tyria, not in preview and
  • He or she would look fantabulous (instead of horrendous).

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didn’t want to say anything, in case of hurt feelings, but since other posts….

No offense, but that get-up is downright fugly. /wrinkles nose

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

….

I’m not sure that Danikat owns all of that. I think they were trying to show the “most prestigious in slot” skins via the preview window.

If Danikat actually owned all that, then we can be sure that

• We’d have seen a Danikat Character™ in Tyria, not in preview and
  • He or she would look fantabulous (instead of horrendous).

I am aware Danikat probably doesn’t own all of those.
What I said is a generalisation, and personal taste.

Kitten.

Danikat.8537

Just to clarify, no I don’t own most of those skins or dyes – that’s why I took the screenshot in the preview window. And if I did I wouldn’t wear them all together.

Below is an example of what the character normally looks like. Whether that’s better is up to you, I’m sure the Dreamer and the cat ears will count against me with some people, but it’s my character and I like it.

This was just an experiment to see what I could put together and how it would look. The way some people talk this is everyone’s goal – to obtain and use all the most impressive skins they can and if they’re wearing anything else it’s because it’s the best they’ve got so far. So I thought I’d see what they’re going for.

Attachments:

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Much nicer. I like it! =)

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why not just make character that looks bad kitten?

Attachments:

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

The Greyhawk.9107

Why not just make character that looks bad kitten?

woah…kitten man. Whats that sword, doesn’t look familiar to me.

Hate is Fuel.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

it’s my character and I like it.

The only reason any of us need for how our characters look

PS at one time, those bunny ears would have fit the “prestigious” because they disappeared from the Gem Shop for (what seemed to some) like a hundred years.

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

I think you’d need to take warbringer off. I think it’s the cheapest and easiest of the backpieces to get. I believe ad infinitum is the highest priced back but it’s possible that ascension is more.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Looks terrible…