Gallant Greatsword...

Gallant Greatsword...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

…is too long. And it genuinely upsets me, cause it’s one of the few great-looking weapons from the set, perfect for either of my Human “nobles”. It looks unwieldy on my warrior, never mind my mesmer who looks like he’s not strong enough to even carry that thing. I don’t like it even on my Norn guardian, cause the length makes it clip through even slightly uneven ground when the char is standing with the sword drawn.

And yeah, I get it, more than half of greatsword and (especially) hammer designs look totally unnatural and impossible to even pick up, never mind fight with. I don’t mind those outlandish designs in general, I know many people like them and some of them look cool… But this one otherwise looks more or less realistic, and that’s what’s so upsetting about it for me.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Posting here to say you aren’t the only one. So many great weapon skins ruined by size issues, so many great armor skins rekt when 1 shoulder was left off the design.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Arobain.8274

Arobain.8274

…is too long. And it genuinely upsets me, cause it’s one of the few great-looking weapons from the set, perfect for either of my Human “nobles”. It looks unwieldy on my warrior, never mind my mesmer who looks like he’s not strong enough to even carry that thing. I don’t like it even on my Norn guardian, cause the length makes it clip through even slightly uneven ground when the char is standing with the sword drawn.

And yeah, I get it, more than half of greatsword and (especially) hammer designs look totally unnatural and impossible to even pick up, never mind fight with. I don’t mind those outlandish designs in general, I know many people like them and some of them look cool… But this one otherwise looks more or less realistic, and that’s what’s so upsetting about it for me.

its actually realistic length, look it up on google if you must, you might as well not call it the gallant set, but rather the real life set

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

It’s good that it’s long. Humans in particular have too many greatswords that are hardly any longer than some of the longest swords. At least it isn’t so long that it clips with the ground, except Asura.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

^ I agree it’s a normal two-handed length and I actually never had clipping issues so far. (Having it on a Sylvari)

I think it’s mostly perception as the hilt is not as long as let’s say the shadow GS’ making it look longer.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Norn has a great looking GS that doesn’t look like it was hammered out of parts from a scrapyard. Don’t you dare try to take this from them! :p

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

Yeah, its lenth is on par with real zweihanders.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Its a bit big for a functional zweihander. On par with some of the purely ceremonial versions though.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

Considering how long the handle is, it seems like a perfect length. It looks like a traditional Zweihander.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Traditional ceremonial zweihander perhaps.

Hilt is too thick, blade is too heavy, and overall taller than any wielder.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

The GS has some leeway as a zweihander. The rest of the melee gallant stuff is oversized.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

What I’m unhappy about is that Asura don’t have comically over-sized weapons… I guess until ANet creates a ‘weapon length’ slider we’ll just have to accept that different weapons will look differently.

Gallant Greatsword...

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

What I’m unhappy about is that Asura don’t have comically over-sized weapons… I guess until ANet creates a ‘weapon length’ slider we’ll just have to accept that different weapons will look differently.

Oddly, I want a “weapon scale” slider added for my Norn females, who’s weapons are all sized for Norn males. So a great many good skins end up being comically oversized for the human-proportioned females, and even still small on the gorilla proportions of the males.