Gallant set is amazing

Gallant set is amazing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t typically come on here and gush, and I certainly don’t do it about weapon skins. I dislike almost all of the sets, save a tiny handful of occasional individual items, like the heart sword. But this new set is amazing. I love every single item in it. This is the only set that I think I would actually be willing to try and get all of. Probably not all, I don’t want the short bow or the focus, but the rest are great. I seriously never thought I would replace my longbow, but I had a ticket and now I’ve finally replaced my wolfborn bow after more than two years of wielding it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

When I saw the hammer and the gs, I melted with happiness ^ ^

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree.

I have to admit I like the flashy skins sometimes (heck my ranger uses The Dreamer because it’s the most over the top weapon I’ve ever seen) but even I was really happy to see these.

I know a lot of people really like more realistic and toned down weapons and as soon as I saw these I could think of at least 3 friends who would be very happy to see them. I like them too, depending on the character.

But I also actually think it’s a benefit for the people who like big weapons with lots of effects too, because you’ve got to have an alternative for that to stand out. If everyone has lots of big, flashy weapons it just blends in.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yep. It’s awesome.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

This is, perhaps, the most awesome set they’ve put into the chests so far.

Sadly, I have only 15 ticket scraps at the moment. I can get ONE skin right now… this is not an easy choice.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I spent so many resources getting a zillion Daydreamer weapons and now I want just as many of the Gallants. The hammer is the must have of the lot. It’s a real looking warhammer, one people have been asking for over the years. And I don’t even have anyone who uses hammer except on special occasions!

I don’t feel the need to have every single Gallant weapon because some of them aren’t as perfect as the hammer, but if I had thousands of gold, I most certainly would complete the collection.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They remind me too much of lowbie skins. If I’m going to spend a lot, I want something with an obviously unique flare to it. I’ve seen these on people and I hardly even notice them. I can see why some people who are going for the realistic look in a fantasy game would like them though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Mentor.4130

Mentor.4130

Bought greatsword skin. Only problem, that round protection part sticks into body to much when behind back.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

I love the design, and I’d buy them all in a heartbeat, if they’d shrink them to about half their current size…

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I love the design, and I’d buy them all in a heartbeat, if they’d shrink them to about half their current size…

I’m with you on this one. The weapon set look really nice, but they’re a bit too wide in my opinion. I wouldn’t mind seeing swords about as wide as the runic blade/infinite light. Sadly, the runic blade was never reintroduced.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Stop liking them so I can buy them with a smaller price! I have been waiting for skins like these. Now only if you could get the person who designed them to make some armour parts too

9 Guardians later…

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

This is a gorgeous set. I would prefer that the individual pieces were smaller but I love the art design. This is the first set where I would be willing to spend whatever it took to get the entire set. But I do not craft and so do not have ascended weapons ankitten ot going to buy skins for non BiS gear.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

This is a gorgeous set. I would prefer that the individual pieces were smaller but I love the art design. This is the first set where I would be willing to spend whatever it took to get the entire set. But I do not craft and so do not have ascended weapons ankitten ot going to buy skins for non BiS gear.

You can always put the skins on your ascended gear with transmutation charges once you get them. When you use the skin, it goes into your wardrobe and you can apply them later on to whatever. Transmutation charges are pretty easy to get from map completion and/or PvP reward tracks (you can also buy them in the gem shop but that’s wasteful imo).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Love the smaller size. Except for the dagger it is HUGE!
Finally a classy set of gear. Please make some armor in this style.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Sword also seems a bit too big.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You can always put the skins on your ascended gear with transmutation charges once you get them. When you use the skin, it goes into your wardrobe and you can apply them later on to whatever. Transmutation charges are pretty easy to get from map completion and/or PvP reward tracks (you can also buy them in the gem shop but that’s wasteful imo).

Been working for ascended weapons since they were introduced. Zero dropped to date. Buying skins on the hope that sometime, perhaps in this decade but likely not, I might have a use for them seems like a poor decision to me.

I have a lot of transmutation charges.

Thank you for the advice though.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I love the great sword and axe. Not had time to look at the others. They are already quite pricey. Got the GS skin for 119g. Cheep I know. But now I don’t know if I want to use it, or hold on to it to sell it later.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I love the great sword and axe. Not had time to look at the others. They are already quite pricey. Got the GS skin for 119g. Cheep I know. But now I don’t know if I want to use it, or hold on to it to sell it later.

You want to send it to me and ask nothing in return

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You want to send it to me and ask nothing in return

Ummmm, how about…….. No……..

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

This. I think it’s best design we’ve seen for a looong time, and I was all eager to get at least some of them after seeing previews on the net, but… what’s with the scale? The guard of that GS is longer than my chara’s torso, the basic sword would almost make a decent GS at this size. It’s kind of absurd, really.

This said, I agree that the general design is great, with lots of detail and none of the glowing/dripping/flaming/bony/stony/tentacled nonesense so common on BL skins. Those look like actual weapons, not bits stripped from plastic toys. Thumbs up for the designer.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Yep, they are definitely my favorite BL set so far, but they look disproportionate on all my characters in preview. Just like most other sets, but with this set it’s more obviously wrong because they look like real weapons instead of campy christmas tree ornaments.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This is, perhaps, the most awesome set they’ve put into the chests so far.

Sadly, I have only 15 ticket scraps at the moment. I can get ONE skin right now… this is not an easy choice.

Yeah, there were at least three more skins I could have started using immediately, and another in short order. But my Ranger is always my main and has first dibs, so the Longbow was the only choice.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Wasn’t a huge fan, but it is nice to see less flashy skins. The GS though I really like

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Incoming: New BL weapon set “Gallant Mini – weapons for the ladies or the fashionably compact” (no offense, but the shrunk aesthetic is typically associated with females, as in all those mini re-releases of various things).

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

I agree with my soul! Greatsword, warhammer, sword and dagger… so beatiful.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Main reason I like them (and want the GS/Sword) is because they are the closest we’ve had to the Gothic Sword from GW1, the sword my warrior used to use.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

They are pretty “normal” and “rustical” and that is a good thing for a change. Polished, clean, very detailed, made clearly with a lot of love and reasonable in size on every skin, also sharp looking blades and they got that “yea i can fit to anything if i want to” vibe. Thats from my perspective a clear 10\10, i specially dig the hammer and the dagger and sword and the smart idea for a focus… an incense burner? Yes please, here are my tickets.

Might be a bit off topic but if a designer is reading that… maybe you could note somewhere down to make a flail skin for a mace sometime in the future in the way the incense burner is, actually just make the ball solid and slap some spikes on it and done, would be something id personally love to have arround.

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

It looks liked tweaked out kryytan weapons

The gs is boss though.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Exactly this – I absolutely love this set.
Greatsword, Sword and Hammer were instantly bought.

A set of armor that matched these weapons would be the most awesome thing they could do!!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Gallant set is amazing

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They are pretty “normal” and “rustical” and that is a good thing for a change. Polished, clean, very detailed, made clearly with a lot of love and reasonable in size on every skin, also sharp looking blades and they got that “yea i can fit to anything if i want to” vibe. Thats from my perspective a clear 10\10, i specially dig the hammer and the dagger and sword and the smart idea for a focus… an incense burner? Yes please, here are my tickets.

Might be a bit off topic but if a designer is reading that… maybe you could note somewhere down to make a flail skin for a mace sometime in the future in the way the incense burner is, actually just make the ball solid and slap some spikes on it and done, would be something id personally love to have arround.

There actually is a flail mace skin, its just a pretty rare one. Look up the Super Mace.