Game Code

Game Code

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DonRomario.9413

DonRomario.9413

Do the GM,s ever ask for you to validate your account by putting your game code into a form

if not then someone called GM En Faronia is attempting to scam people by asking me to go to a page that looks like an official guildwars2 page and put in my name and game code

Game Code

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I think the only ask you to validate the account if you opened a ticket and they replied asking for it.

Game Code

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Sounds like a scam. If this is a mail you got in-game, there will be a pretty big notice at the bottom staying “This was sent by another player”.

Game Code

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Do the GM,s ever ask for you to validate your account by putting your game code into a form

if not then someone called GM En Faronia is attempting to scam people by asking me to go to a page that looks like an official guildwars2 page and put in my name and game code

No, they don’t. If someone just asks you to go to website with slightly modified address and is made to look like the real one, it’s a clear scam.

Be careful of the fake website, since it could install some unwanted programs.

If you need to know what does real GMs look like, check GW2 wiki with “GM”.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Game Code

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Game Code

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

If you’ve been to the website – change your password to your game AND email address pronto!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Game Code

Posted by: DonRomario.9413

DonRomario.9413

no i didnt fill in any details as it looked fake and i have since read the stickie at the top of the forums that says this is a scam