Game Dev abusing power? Any way to report it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but I think that if you have a complaint about a player’s behaviour, it should have been done privately by submitting a ticket to support – whether they are a dev or not.

Also, to the guy posting a pic: submitting a picture is uncool – again whether it’s a dev or not.

Actually, that pic is fine.

It shows who was there, but there’s no accusations made in that pic or the post that goes with it. It simply confirms that there was a person playing an instrument there, the bears were okay with it, and a person from ANet asked them to move.

That’s all it shows, and it’s quite within forum guidelines.

It’s not fine when names are not censored.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Are Devs supposed to use power like that?

Dev (or GM) actions on live are all logged, if I recall correctly, using these commands on the live servers requires some manner of approval. So if this did indeed happen, either someone approved it or the person responsible is now in some sort of trouble.

Basically dev actions on live servers aren’t that common so they are easy to track. Also to be fair, if they really wanted a screenshot of dancing creatures they could have probably fabricated such a scene in their stage environment quite easily.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It’s not fine when names are not censored.

Again, yes it is.

There is no rule against showing names in a screen shot, as long as it’s not being used to “call out” someone.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but I think that if you have a complaint about a player’s behaviour, it should have been done privately by submitting a ticket to support – whether they are a dev or not.

Also, to the guy posting a pic: submitting a picture is uncool – again whether it’s a dev or not.

I’m sorry, but just submitting a ticket is a bad idea. This isn’t another player, it is an ArenaNet employee. If he just submits a ticket it can be swept under the rug. ArenaNet will be biased in their own favor, thus they cannot be in charge of the situation. Players on the other hand won’t be that biased as evidenced in this thread. Abuse of power is a very serious thing and something that customers need to be aware of. This is not the first time an ArenaNet employee has abused power either, which makes it all the more important that this is in the public eye. Apparently the last two incidents didn’t change company policy enough. The last two(that I know of) being the WvW gvg hate incident and the escape from LA incident.

Personally I think the dev was in the wrong if this is true. If he wanted a certain shot he could recreate it on the dev only server or he could include all of those participating.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

1. It is against the Forum Code of Conduct to report in-game breaches of the in-game Rules of Conduct.
  2. Normally we wouldn’t comment about this report, but given the nature of the issue, I figured I’d give you some visibility. I checked with Customer Support (who has ways of seeing these things), and they investigated this incident and found no “kick” commands used by any staff member in the region at that time.

Thank you.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra