Game Updates: Profession Balance, Bug-fixes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings,

If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/3896059

Please do not create duplicate posts, as it makes it more difficult for us to gather your feedback in a timely and organized manner. Thank you for your understanding.

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Mesmer:
Patch Note: Phantasmal Warden: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to go on cooldown without being cast. Fixed an issue in which the warden would be in range of an enemy but not begin attacking.

Bug: Still not fixed. iWarden still periodically does not attack. This is a useless weapon without this fix.

Mesmer:

Illusionary Elasticity: Does not affect staff clones even though affects other clones.

Fixed in Feature build – link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mesmer-s-Bugged-Skills-Fixes-on-The-Way/page/3#post3750901
“Fixed on feature build if not on live.”

Bug: Still not fixed.

ANet is claiming they have fixed bugs when they clearly have not.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

Posted by: Ghostilocks.5312

Ghostilocks.5312

more mesmer:

you stealth moved empowered mantras from dueling to domination. Did you intend to gut the entirety of pve mesmers? Please tell me this is just a bug.

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Still waiting the breakthrough patch for rangers.
Pets are dmg loss as they was befor. Was no rangers and are no rangers in wvw…

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Dual Dagger elementalist in WWW…

It was already weak now was HIT extremely hard in 4 points:

1) rune duration nerfed from 45% to 20% max

2) celestial equipment that was the best set for the profession got a 50% nerf on critical damage compensated by useless 6,5 on stats people didn t want

3) Ferocity…since ele is squishy, has its mobility nerfed to the ground and can be kited easily needs to deal damage to compensate…..
Ferocity hit so harsh that you have to go full glass to compensate to be able to kill healing signet warriors (compare nerf to DPS nerf to see how it was buffed) or condi-bunkers.

4) in the meantime other profession got a second sigil on 2H

The buffs are just random and not compensating in any way.

I don t know why every patch has to be a DD ele nerf but i think we had already too many….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Warden and Elasticity not fixed, as posted above.

Mesmer:

7. Portal Entre/Exeunt.

• Has no range indicator. Impossible to tell whether it is in range or not.
  • Has no “cast time left” indicator for Exeunt. Impossible to tell when it times out.
    Solutions:
  • Introduce 2 icons for portal in the same way that conjured weapons have. One icon will have a timer, another will toggle between active/crossed out/grayed out icon for displaying the range. And this can even be a single icon.
  • Semi-solution: disable casting of Exeunt if out of range; enable it back when in range.

7. Fixed feature build

Nothing changed in the behaviour.

Mesmer:

Tried Phantasmal Berserker, Phantasmal Warden – cannot see any difference with or without trait. If there is, it’s definitely not a 20%. Anyone to confirm? Never mind, it works now but not visible without a stopwatch.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Tell me empowering mantras in domination is a bug, otherwise i’ll lose even that little hope and faith I had in you, Anet. It is so unproffesional in my opinion what you’re doing with all these stealth nerfs.
And about warden…. You seriously can’t fix one phantasm in five months? If this game was modable, i’m sure modders could fix it in a matter of days, but looks like it’s too much for you?
I really can’t take anything Anet says seriously anymore. This patch was my hope that you’ll finally do something with this game. I was really happy that you’re finally focusing on some stuff that community was asking for a long time. I was happy that LS was over and it felt like game will finally get some tweaking, polishing, balancing. kitten i was wrong. I didn’t except you to pull of guild halls or somehting, i know it takes time, but i was excited, when you said you’ll fix some bugs… but now this….? If you can’t fix such a gamebreaking bugs, then wth are you even doing in this work?
*sigh"
I’m seriously wondering what’s anet’s definition of fun. I think eventually we’ll be running around naked with sticks and fight one mob or player for half an hour, because that’s fun and challenging for you, right? And no need for balancing either…

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

Elementalist:
-The ICD on Blinding Ashes should be per target, or at least be able to blind 3 targets at once. Now, It is too random to use (blinds minions, spirits, not players in PvP, blinds the wrong mob in PvE).
-The ICD on Elemental Contingency should be per attunement. It is impossible to manage which boon you get the way it is now; You have to count to 4,5 to get to the right attunemetn to get the boon you want. Also, the numbers just aren’t great. Make the change, then evaluate what the numbers should be for the duration of the boons.

Edit: whoops, wrong thread!

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

(edited by Dragonic Elemental.2674)

Posted by: Areoh.7495

Areoh.7495

That thread is locked and cannot post there, so here is my rant:

I didn’t realize I would loose a ton of stats on my Guardian using Divinity runes. I was tanky and not beserker, my hp is almost 2k less, armor down, toughness down. Now I need to spend gold to buy different runes… and you are not giving me the gold. I am a little peeved at this change. I am working person and dont have time to farm countless numbers of gold to buy new runes… are you trying to force me to spend my hard earned cash? I dont like being forced to do something. My character is not the frontline troop he once was and you added countless hours to my already busy schedule to fix him now.

No thanks for this patch.

V/r
Areoh

Greetings,

If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/3896059

Please do not create duplicate posts, as it makes it more difficult for us to gather your feedback in a timely and organized manner. Thank you for your understanding.

Posted by: RavenStorm.2193

RavenStorm.2193

Have a ranger and I do not see much difference in the game play as I am a ranger fan . Waiting patiently for new skills as well as new race or profession both would be great need new areas to explore after finishing story there is little to do for my ranger girl!

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

Ranger:

Pets now sometimes/often ignore your F3 command “Return to Me”. After pressing F3 your pet will run off and fight anything that might damage you or it as you run past which requires you to constantly hit F3 over and over and over and over so that your pet actually listens.

Not exactly what I’d consider “improved responsiveness”

Posted by: Eiax.1702

Eiax.1702

Ranger:
Pets are dying a lot quicker than usual after the patch unless one puts a lot of points into BM. As well as this, their skills seem to be activating the same way as before, so a delay the wolf’s “howl” skill etc, meaning when one really needs it, it doesn’t activate. May have read the patch notes wrong but i thought that sort of thing was supposed to be being fixed?

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

Any word on the Mesmer bug fixes that weren’t fixed after all, and the move of empowering mantras to domination?

Posted by: shadowstone.9817

shadowstone.9817

I play a thief and cannot believe the only viable options to keep up damage wise is dagger/dagger or dagger/pistol. I really enjoy the thought of playing sword/dagger but cannot believe the damage disparity that i see between the two. I understand that sword dagger has different abilities but you have got to be kidding me with the low damage. I wish it would all be single target damage and not hitting multiple targets with the sword. I also wish the sword damage for tactical strike was near what dagger backstab was but could be understandably lower. You could just lower the daze to one second. Come on guys lets not keep nerfing everything to the point of not being playable. Thief is all about high damage and less survivability. Please fix this!

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

mesmer – greatsword knockback (skill 5) is also not working 50% even whent he enemy has no stability or retaliation. Works on npcs but with players in pvp or wvw it’s a 50% chance it will work or not. Have submitted various bug reports about it and talked to other mesmers experiencing the same problem.
Ranger – pets still not very responsive to any commands….. have not noticed any difference after they were ‘fixed’.

define normal…

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

I don’t think you have thought through the impact the elementalist elite changes will have in WvW. There will now be NO useful elite skills for this area of the game. Tornado has a long cooldown so it’s not like you can do it constantly – you need to be able to pick the right moment to transform for maximum impact. And while I get that FGS needed to be fixed for PvE, it has the unintentional effect of removing its use as the only truly impactful PvD ability. Minion summons will get vaporized in any fight, FGS will be useless except for mobility, and Tornado’s only useful aspect was strategic power boost. The skills are completely useless.

Our sustain is already so low, the useful thing we could bring to the table was strategic DPS burst. Seems like our role now is going to be further limited to support/water and not much else.

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

warrior:
please do not mess with warrior. losing adrenaline very soon after combat prevent warriors from important traits like 15% extra damgae or 9% extra critical chance,we start the fight weaker as result
also i do not understand the great sword nerf of 5% what it is suppose to do, is it done because of pvp but those skills which have been nerfed were no issue against players at all, while most of warriors are great sword users in pve particularly,but they got nerf that make no sense except making players angry.
and also elite signet nerf is beyond me.
i do believe warrior is the most balance class in the game right now((before second feature patch on sep 9th))
—-they are easy to play and that is fine. all games must have an easy class for newbies and players who are not looking for challenge.
—-they are not op at all, i have 2 other classes, ranger and mesmer, with ranger i can kill open world champions which i can not kill with warrior.
with mesmer both in pvp and wvw i can kill other players easier than warrior.
please stop messing with warrior.

(edited by saye.9304)

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

The changes to Adrenaline for the Warrior are definitely overdone. Loosing Adrenaline INSTANTLY when combat ends makes it very difficult to use burst skills against nearby enemies. Further, you continue to lose Adrenaline even after engaging enemies, it only stops ticking down when either you hit something or it hits you. As an example, I maxed Adrenaline killing a centaur, then tried to attack another centaur. That centaur went hostile and charged me, and we both missed each other. In the brief 1/2-second between killing the first centaur and targeting the second, my Adrenaline bar started to tick down. It didn’t stop until I was finally able to run to the second centaur and and hit it, during which I lost 25 hits worth of Adrenaline.
There needs to be about a 2-3 second delay before Adrenaline starts ticking down to allow for engaging very nearby enemies that have not yet gone hostile.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

So, uh, why the nerf on the Necro’s second best heal? Are we not supposed to use the ones that aren’t Consume Conditions?

And the signet is still worse than Blood Fiend, which no one uses except for a few MMs.

Posted by: LionHeart.2804

LionHeart.2804

You’ve..pretty much ruined the game.
Leveling 21 characters will be an even bigger chore. No reason to advertise this game to friends or other gamers who I had been working my hardest to persuade. This game is now no longer challenging, but is more suited the being spoon fed your objectives and forced to be certain levels to have things unlocked or to do things (skills/story), so the challenge is GONE, along with the free will and the enjoyment of PvE.
Thans a lot!

Posted by: TomTom.2819

TomTom.2819

you basically made the only two viable thief builds and made them UN-viable….thanks
and as for the steal bug..well