Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There is now no way to remove Sigils/Runes from Karma/WvW items. Not cool :-(

Salvaging karma items should give a bit of karma and very small chances of piles dust instead the usual materials, and have a chance to salvage the upgrade like with normally salvageable items.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

There is now no way to remove Sigils/Runes from Karma/WvW items. Not cool :-(

Salvaging karma items should give a bit of karma and very small chances of piles dust instead the usual materials, and have a chance to salvage the upgrade like with normally salvageable items.

Although a refund on some of the karma/badges would be a nice added bonus, I myself would be happy with just getting my runes back.

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

I like some of what’s changed and loathe others.

GOOD STUFF:
Accountwide dyes - didn’t bother collecting dyes because they were too numerous and the idea of gathering+unlocking them PER CHARACTER was abismal. With the ever-increasing costs of some rare dyes that looked really nice and the daunting task of collecting them meant most of them were just written off and I made do with my lucky Ancient Silver drop I got on one of my first U-Dye unlocks. Now all my characters can make use of it and any new dyes I might buy or open.

Skin unlocks - only getting ONE skin and having it FOREVER is good. I still have LS skins that I’ve never used because I didn’t want to use up my one shot in case I changed my mind or some other use for them came along. Only needing to buy one skin from the gem store to have it forever makes the prices more bearable rather than feeling gouged for per-character purchases. I’d actually avoided opening my Legacy heavy armour from the Deluxe upgrade for the same reason. I kind of wanted it on my main but there was an alt that could use it too. And now they both could.

MIXED BAG:
Transmutation costs - much better having a singular currency for them instead of stones for 1-79 and crystals for 1-80. Using crystals to transmute anything less than 80 was a waste and by 80 the stones became worthless to that alt unless they chose <80 gear to equip. So one cost instead of two is better. What lets it down a bit is this now means we transmute a third of what we used to on the way up to 80 forcing a more conservative approach to those who can’t afford it (or coaxing towards a gemstore purchase for those that can). This is counterbalanced by keeping the city reward, in reduced form, and in PvP tracks. The biggest downside is the loss of rune transference. Not so bad at the green level of runes but more of a problem when we get to the higher orange ones. So it’s either insert & destroy old rune/sigil OR salvage, buy new gear, re-insert (and reapply skin if neccessary).

NOT SO SOLID STUFF:
Outfits, helms and tonics, OH MY! - probably my biggest beef with the wardrobe is the loss of my old, freestyle clothing. And at first I thought it was probably better overall until the announcement that the retired parts were being turned into tonics… and this is despite the fact they were all turned into COMPLETE outfits.

Now I got lucky in that one of these actually matches my old casual outfit, the khaki shorts were given the layered vest, but the others got matched up with riding pants and make me look like Toad of Toad Hall. I just don’t get why these had to be tonics. The themed outfits override every armour making everyone look the same so it can’t be about armour/class-identification and having been made into complete outfits it can’t be about “clipping issues”. Unless there’s some future plan to make them outfits and this is a stop-gap measure to avoid missing the release date; it seems to me either short-sighted or uncaring to those who actually purchased them when they were just town clothes and lacked ANY functional usage outside of fluff or RP.

Posted by: Spuhnj.5394

Spuhnj.5394

Add me to the list of people disappointed with the town clothes changes. I can’t even understand what they thought they were fixing with this. I can understand game balance changes and changing combat skills/items but what’s the point of such drastic changes to purely cosmetic items? Specifically items people actually spent money on? Losing the ability to mix outfits and having greater customization with dyes is frustrating. The tonics are pathetic. Anet, if you were so frustrated with me giving you money don’t worry, I’ll stop.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Just a suggestion for Wardrobe UI improvement: it would be much less clunky if it was more like the Skills and Trait tab, where it’s just a single click to switch between Slot Skills, Weapon Skills, and Traits, rather than the current setup of having to go back to the previous menu every time you want to switch between Equipment, Wardrobe, and Dyes. Something like the quick mockup below:

Attachments:

Posted by: SyntaxError.8625

SyntaxError.8625

Today after talking to black lion trader armorsmith to convert my town clothes, i got 3 Mad King outfits, a endless tonic and the Scepter of Thorn back.
So pretty good deal.

It is possible to wear it in combat, and you can hide the headpiece if you so desire.

All in all, i’m gonna give the new wardrobe system a try

Posted by: Yuu.8751

Yuu.8751

I feel a little bit upset for this…
It’s very cool that I can let all my charaters to wear Fancy Winter Outfits by one button, and wearing it to killing mobs, even I’m not going to do this still think this is really nice~!
(combat will cause my pretty dress dirty! )

But I’m sorry to say that, that hat isn’t fancy enough because we have Bunny Ears and Wintersday Earmuffs! This is pretty sad I can’t wearing them with Winter dress now.

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

Does anybody know where I can find the appearance of these new tonics that are being sold in the TP?

Endless lace something, casual something, etc, etc.

I want to buy one, but they are not that cheap… without knowing what they look like. Apparently I can’t preview them.

Posted by: MokkoriChance.5170

MokkoriChance.5170

Just to voice my gripes with this April 2014 patches:
Town Clothes becoming tonics that can’t be dyed.
Other Town Clothes becoming outfits that can no longer be mismatched.
Gimme my money back!

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Since we are talking about town clothes converted into battle gear…
Anet, could you make the Wizard Hat become dyable please? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard%27s_Hat
It’s such a waste it cannot be right now.
(As much as I hate it for making Human and Norn go bald, on Asura it looks quite nice instead.)

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Ok, to be clear:
1) I now have to lug around (or waste storage space) any/all pieces of equipment that I “might” want to use- (and pay for the storage space)
OR
2) I can use the wardrobe to change the “skin” of my existing gear (without updating the stats for that gear)-(and pay for the change)
OR
3) I can destroy my existing gear and “hope” that my Superior Rune/Sigil is salvaged so I can add it to the "new item-(and pay for the Salvage Kit——-and hope I have the right one)
OR
4) I can have this (or another) character recreate the Superior Rune/Sigil for me——(after, of course, buying the needed ingredients from the TP)

Sounds just like a Lite Beer commercial (More cost, Less taste!)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

After finding out that you only get guaranteed Transmutation Charges from completing the 4 main cities, and that any other map completion there’s only a small chance of getting -1- charge,

Assuming they straight up replaced the old 3-stone reward for map completion with a 1-charge reward, you’ll get plenty of them.

The million-dollar question is this, what was the point of dropping the old town clothes system?

Town clothes were a convoluted mess of a system, and Anet salvaged the parts that worked and jury-rigged a solution for the handful of bits and pieces left over so they wouldn’t be completely wasted.

In the same way, they took non-combat items, which were a confusing hodgepodge of items that could be equipped and items that had to be used from the inventory for no apparent reason, and made them consistent.

Also, you missed one. If they insist on Outfits for the future, they need to retain their dye colors. Right now if you switch Outfits, it loses the dye scheme you applied and goes back to the default colors.

…you realize you have to accept the dye changes for them to count, right? The outfits dye just fine.

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

After finding out that you only get guaranteed Transmutation Charges from completing the 4 main cities, and that any other map completion there’s only a small chance of getting -1- charge,

Assuming they straight up replaced the old 3-stone reward for map completion with a 1-charge reward, you’ll get plenty of them.

The million-dollar question is this, what was the point of dropping the old town clothes system?

Town clothes were a convoluted mess of a system, and Anet salvaged the parts that worked and jury-rigged a solution for the handful of bits and pieces left over so they wouldn’t be completely wasted.

In the same way, they took non-combat items, which were a confusing hodgepodge of items that could be equipped and items that had to be used from the inventory for no apparent reason, and made them consistent.

Also, you missed one. If they insist on Outfits for the future, they need to retain their dye colors. Right now if you switch Outfits, it loses the dye scheme you applied and goes back to the default colors.

…you realize you have to accept the dye changes for them to count, right? The outfits dye just fine.

You, sir, really think people are mentally challenged.

1/ If Townclothes were a convoluted of a mess, Anet should have STOPPED to create some and sell them for gems. The thing is, they didn’t, and once they got all the money they needed, they ruined them so we can’t have any more use for them. That’s called scamming.

And 2/ The wardrobe DOES NOT keep in memory the dyes you applied to the outfit you are wearing if you remove it from the slot, which was not the case with the old system. The fact that you seem to ignore this shows how few you know about the new system, and thus you should not even be able to comment on this thread.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

The outfits dye just fine.

Yes, the Outfits dye just fine (if a bit awkwardly due to the limited channels). As long as you keep wearing the SAME OUTFIT, there will be no problem.

The problem comes when you SWAP outfits for another one. When you return to the original Outfit that you dyed, you will notice that it has gone back to the default colors.

Trust me… I am always dying in this game!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

would’ve bin better if skin and stats were not connected, when transmuting a skin i would love to keep the skin even when i change my armor.

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

I’m sure this has been brought up a bunch of time. I don’t think I’ve posted yet in this thread, but I started another thread on the topic and posted in a different thread, so, obviously, many people are having an issue.

We can not salvage our WvW or Karma gear. This is a big issue because transmutation stones are gone and we have no way of getting the expensive runes and sigils out of our gear to consolidate or make a new set with all the rune / sigil changes. On top of that, it makes buying a new set of WvW or karma gear obsolete as if we socket any of that gear, we will have no way of retrieving said runes / sigils.

Many people, like myself, have obtained most of their gear through karma and WvW. Fore example, most players had a stacking sigil weapon which we would swap out once we obtained 25 stacks. Now, we can’t do that, so if we want to utilize stacking sigils, we need to combine them into the extra slot now available. But, we can’t salvage one weapon to get out a rune, so our only course is to buy 2 new runes AND new weapons in fear of this never getting fixed. That’s ridiculous. Another example: my ele. Since boon duration has been nerfed, my water/monk/traveler is useless. So, I made some new runes, cost me about 50G. I sure as hell am not going to put those into the same armor for fear I won’t get them back. I’m not going to replace the traveller, they’re expensive. So, I also have to spend about 12 G making a new set of armor. That’s about as far as I want to go with new stuff.

I have 10 characters with multiple sets of armor and weapons. I’m not the only one in this situation, especially when it comes to the weapons.

I assume this is just a huge over-site. Please fix this ASAP.

The “Upgrade extractor” is still available in the Gem Store (TP). Better than the stones because it leaves the item and upgrade intact (but separate). Or is that just an oversight on ANET’s part?

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The “Upgrade extractor” is still available in the Gem Store (TP). Better than the stones because it leaves the item and upgrade intact (but separate). Or is that just an oversight on ANET’s part?

It’s single use and costs 250 gems. Unless you’re try to extract an expensive infusion, rune, or sigil worth more than 25g the extractor is not a practical option.

Posted by: Nyama.6931

Nyama.6931

So far what I’ve looked at I’ve liked except for the town clothes. I was able to buy the parts I liked and mix them to suit my own individual style. Now I find that these are tonics and look ridiculous, except for the ones that are not tonics. but now they’re full costumes. e.g. previously, I would wear my leather hoodie with my original town skirt around town, or if I was up in the mountains or during Wintersday, I would wear my winter coat with my original town skirt. The town clothing system was not broken until this update, it needs to be put back to the way it was, oh, and also I need more skirts please

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Overall I like the wardrobe change, means I feel I get my gems worth out of any armour I get from the gem store. However one thing I don’t like is that I now have no way of recovering any runes/sigils from karma armour/weapons now that transmutation stones no longer exist. My suggestion would be to either make all armour and weapons salvageable or increase the number of charges for the extraction tools to 25 per 250/500 gems.

Posted by: Constantine.7582

Constantine.7582

Just some food for thought about how big this mess is, this thread has over 714 replies in it. Assuming everyone in this thread bought at least one pair of town clothes for 200 gems, this equates to 142800 gems. Now of course there are a lot more people affected than that, but were going to stick with 143k gems for sake of simplicity. 100 gems at the current time can be exchanged for 6.5 gold. 143k divided by 100 is of course 1430. Now I’m not some math genius or economics professor or anything, but if you multiply 6.5 gold by 1430 you get 9250 gold. Now if everyone in this thread demanded refunds for at least 1 piece of town clothing, the total value of money being generated out of nothing would be 9250 gold. This is very bad for the in game economy and is going to start causing some rather interesting inflation. I would suggest perhaps, just making town clothing an available armor skin before the economy decides to start tanking.

TLDR
- These gem store refunds are devaluing your in game gold by creating a sudden surplus of gems that will be more than likely converted to gold

- Just make town clothing an available armor skin. It does not break immersion anymore than my pink charr warrior wearing a pink quaggan hat and backpack.

- TOWN CLOTHING CHANGES AND REFUNDS DEVALUE EVERYONE’S MONEY!

On top of all of this, you have the massive economic swings caused by world event boss changes and the lack of gold sinks from armor repair costs causing massive inflation. The Energizer last week was around 180- 200 gold, it is now sitting at 539 gold. That economist you hired must really be having a fun time over there.

Posted by: Patstarfish.5083

Patstarfish.5083

I find it difficult navigating to the original view when I selected H to view my character stats and harvesting tools. Seems that should always be the default page instead of last place I was looking at.

Also the new wardrobe system is ok, and the options are nice but 90% of the outfits I unlocked I will not even use.

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

I wonder why anet messed with town clothes. Why not leave the system as it was before?

we could totally have the current nice wardrobe implementation keeping the old town clothes system, no?

I don’t even care if it was useable on combat or not, we have so much customizability with regular gear that it doesn’t even matter.

Anet, in short, you SUBTRACTED from the game, by limiting options and “counter-evolving” a system (town clothes) that worked just fine!

you created AVOIDABLE problems by:
- Crippling customization of one aspect of your game
- Refunds for gem store expenses are counterproductive and more of a hassle

A fix, if is still or ever doable: revert the town clothes change. Let us have that separate screen for them as before, but let us go in combat wearing them.

Sorry again, but I’m yet to see the advantage of this move of yours.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Devs explained why certain Town Clothes could not be used in the manner some desire. You can read about it in the appropriate thread, where feedback such as yours should be posted.

Edit: Hmm..looks like the posts (as well as the thread) I was responding to got deleted. Oh, well.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Even adventurers need downtime. That’s what I thought town clothes were for. In our towns kicking back, dressed like the locals in civies.
Town Clothes, I thought, were the default. There was a toggle switch to change into them, and if you wanted to go swimming, you could remove them.
I thought that by simply making outfits into armor skins, Town clothes would remain a default. The tonic option seems like it was a temporary fix at best and shouldn’t be the final solution for town clothes.

FYI for those that say Anet is ignoring this thread, after the BL Armorsmith issue was posted here, they shut it down. They are paying attention. Easy fix to disable the merchant. Our current issue with the actual implementation and dye process a more difficult issue to resolve.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

(edited by Sankofa Jimiyu.1567)

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

Snip.

FYI for those that say Anet is ignoring this thread, after the BL Armorsmith issue was posted here, they shut it down. They are paying attention. Easy fix to disable the merchant. Our current issue with the actual implementation and dye process a more difficult issue to resolve.

What was the bug BTW?

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

Posted by: RavenStorm.2193

RavenStorm.2193

I just want to say I love the wardrobe system and unlocking of all the skins is awesome. I have to re-buy the racial armors but then that’s cool because we didn’t know you were going do this to wardrobe so in love with all the changes I can do here not to worried about the town clothes I hardly ever wore them as I got the armors I did for showing off not the town stuff and I can put my signature sunglasses on as a helm my signature from gw1. Only one thing I can gripe about as far as unlocking skins that is some of the greens and the rare have to be account bound when you unlock these that kind of sucks cause I like to sell that stuff off the only plus is the ecto’s I am getting for the salvage give and take there You really did an awesome job. I do have a suggestion on boosts I would love to see these go into our wallet so we can use at will on who ever we are playing just like the karma and our gold!!

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

I really like the Wardrobe, give us some more related achievements though, that would make completing it more fun.

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I’m sure this has been brought up a bunch of time. I don’t think I’ve posted yet in this thread, but I started another thread on the topic and posted in a different thread, so, obviously, many people are having an issue.

We can not salvage our WvW or Karma gear. This is a big issue because transmutation stones are gone and we have no way of getting the expensive runes and sigils out of our gear to consolidate or make a new set with all the rune / sigil changes. On top of that, it makes buying a new set of WvW or karma gear obsolete as if we socket any of that gear, we will have no way of retrieving said runes / sigils.

Many people, like myself, have obtained most of their gear through karma and WvW. Fore example, most players had a stacking sigil weapon which we would swap out once we obtained 25 stacks. Now, we can’t do that, so if we want to utilize stacking sigils, we need to combine them into the extra slot now available. But, we can’t salvage one weapon to get out a rune, so our only course is to buy 2 new runes AND new weapons in fear of this never getting fixed. That’s ridiculous. Another example: my ele. Since boon duration has been nerfed, my water/monk/traveler is useless. So, I made some new runes, cost me about 50G. I sure as hell am not going to put those into the same armor for fear I won’t get them back. I’m not going to replace the traveller, they’re expensive. So, I also have to spend about 12 G making a new set of armor. That’s about as far as I want to go with new stuff.

I have 10 characters with multiple sets of armor and weapons. I’m not the only one in this situation, especially when it comes to the weapons.

The upgrade extractor costs about 25 G as of this writing. How is that useful for extracting a rune worth between 4 to 10 Gold? I could always retrieve the rune/sigil with transmutation stones.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: Arwyn.1675

Arwyn.1675

I have to agree with everyone else. I like that all my armors are saved for future use whenever i want but i hate the town clothes changes.

I’m also not liking that transmuting isnt also a cost of 1 to transmute making it kinda not worth transmuting armor on low level characters when it costs 1 – 3 charges per armor transmute

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

1/ If Townclothes were a convoluted of a mess, Anet should have STOPPED to create some and sell them for gems.

They did, actually. They removed the single-piece town clothes a long time ago.

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

1/ If Townclothes were a convoluted of a mess, Anet should have STOPPED to create some and sell them for gems.

They did, actually. They removed the single-piece town clothes a long time ago.

That’s all you found? Yay, they removed the single-piece town clothes, and left aaaaall the other outfits.

That’s scamming, you can’t even prove the contrary.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: sundown.5974

sundown.5974

should there be more way to get transmutaion charge charge in game than there is now ?
you get around 33 for world completion one for each map
and 2 daily for pvp reward if you like doing pvp.

Because the game is skin base and a new player at one point will to get need transmutation charge if they to make their character look the way they want. We all know you can take in game gold and get gem but for 9g plus better off dropping real world money on it.
I have no problem dropping money on the gem store but when a key part of the game is behind the gem store get into the area of play to have fun or play to play..

maybe make them part of the daily and monthly reward idk or some way to get a like you do in pvp in pve

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

should there be more way to get transmutaion charge charge in game than there is now ?
you get around 33 for world completion one for each map
and 2 daily for pvp reward if you like doing pvp.

Because the game is skin base and a new player at one point will to get need transmutation charge if they to make their character look the way they want. We all know you can take in game gold and get gem but for 9g plus better off dropping real world money on it.
I have no problem dropping money on the gem store but when a key part of the game is behind the gem store get into the area of play to have fun or play to play..

maybe make them part of the daily and monthly reward idk or some way to get a like you do in pvp in pve

it is in the dailies, but it’s a chance thing….sadly

Posted by: rstripn.8697

rstripn.8697

Regarding basic town clothes:

• Every character used to have a set of casual clothes available to them from the instant of creation: free, dyeable, and without using an inventory space. This is no longer true, since tonics are not dyeable and they use an inventory space.
  • I understand that in this new system, the basic town clothes just don’t fit in their previous form, and that they had to be changed to armor skins or outfits or tonics.
  • Someone posted here that the reason they were turned into tonics instead of armor skins or an outfit is that it would take far longer than its worth to code them as individual items in the new system, using as their argument how long it takes to make a brand new set of armor skins.
  • I do not accept such reasoning. They were already coded as individual items, dyeable and all.
  • Please, make outfits from the original town clothes that used to be auto-equipped on every new character. Use the same skins as before, just link the dye channels. If this is not possible, please explain why.

Regarding communication:

• You have thousands of posts here and in the other patch feedback threads. Of course some of them are from trolls or from people who won’t be pleased no matter what you do. But many of them are from understanding and intelligent long-term players who legitimately want to work with you to make this game better.
  • If you do something that makes the game less enjoyable for the players, you need to explain why. If you don’t explain, the natural assumption is that it’s because your explanation would show you in a bad light. As I’m sure you’ve noticed, there are hundreds of posts in these feedback threads saying that changes in this patch were made due to laziness, or greed, or because ANet doesn’t care about their players, or whatever. Explanations would alleviate a lot of concerns.
  • I personally try to assume the best, to believe that decisions at ANet are made by people who care about the player population and are willing to work hard to make the game better … but every time a change is made that negatively impacts me as a player without a corresponding explanation of why, it becomes more difficult to take a positive viewpoint.

Anyway. Thanks for listening.

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Before Patch, my toons could have two different looks in PvP and PvE without having to store PvP armor/look in the inventory and wear them every time I zoned into the mists.

Before Patch, I could switch my PvP toons look on the fly by pulling out items from PvP Locker.

After Patch, not only that I can’t do this without having to store my PvP look in the inventory but also, the whole system/interface looks clunky. The PvP related menu button design don’t even mesh well with the other parts of the UI.

Also, where is QoL improvement in this? It looks more like an effort to sell transmutation stones and skins to a bigger pool of players than an improvement to the PvP gameplay in general.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The Devs explained why certain Town Clothes could not be used in the manner some desire.

Not quite. They explained that Town Clothes could not be just swapped directly to the new system. They could have modified them in order to fit the armors, they just apparently decided it’s not worth the effort. They got the gems for those clothes already, after all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Cloudwild.4381

Cloudwild.4381

Regarding basic town clothes:

• Every character used to have a set of casual clothes available to them from the instant of creation: free, dyeable, and without using an inventory space. This is no longer true, since tonics are not dyeable and they use an inventory space.
  • I understand that in this new system, the basic town clothes just don’t fit in their previous form, and that they had to be changed to armor skins or outfits or tonics.
  • Someone posted here that the reason they were turned into tonics instead of armor skins or an outfit is that it would take far longer than its worth to code them as individual items in the new system, using as their argument how long it takes to make a brand new set of armor skins.
  • I do not accept such reasoning. They were already coded as individual items, dyeable and all.
  • Please, make outfits from the original town clothes that used to be auto-equipped on every new character. Use the same skins as before, just link the dye channels. If this is not possible, please explain why.

Regarding communication:

• You have thousands of posts here and in the other patch feedback threads. Of course some of them are from trolls or from people who won’t be pleased no matter what you do. But many of them are from understanding and intelligent long-term players who legitimately want to work with you to make this game better.
  • If you do something that makes the game less enjoyable for the players, you need to explain why. If you don’t explain, the natural assumption is that it’s because your explanation would show you in a bad light. As I’m sure you’ve noticed, there are hundreds of posts in these feedback threads saying that changes in this patch were made due to laziness, or greed, or because ANet doesn’t care about their players, or whatever. Explanations would alleviate a lot of concerns.
  • I personally try to assume the best, to believe that decisions at ANet are made by people who care about the player population and are willing to work hard to make the game better … but every time a change is made that negatively impacts me as a player without a corresponding explanation of why, it becomes more difficult to take a positive viewpoint.

Anyway. Thanks for listening.

Well rstripn.8697 its 15 pages and not one developer has had the courtesy to give us a logical explanation on why they did what they did befor testing it or making sure that the paying customers wouldent feel scammed by the same company with the promise that what you buy is what you get wich was completely a lie. since they decided to go and change it all. Wen you make a promise about something you sell you should honor it Arena.net

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

Now if they would cost 25gems instead of 250 it would be option.

Dev team simply underestimated this feature of transmutation stones. Would be great if wardrobe system could be expanded for sigils and runes.

(edited by Malevil.2104)

Posted by: Nellyaa.4763

Nellyaa.4763

Everything what is disappointing about the new town clothing has already been said, so I’m just posting to show that I too agree with it. I was really happy with the patch until I discovered what had become of my town clothing.
Please consider your decision Arenanet. Town clothing was one of the things I spent money in the gem store on and even was one of the reasons I bought the game.

Greetings

[PvE+Open World] Charr Dagger Thief
[WvW] Human Condition Mesmer
[PvE] Charr Shout Guardian

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

Snip.
Town clothing was one of the things I spent money in the gem store on and even was one of the reasons I bought the game.

Greetings

Same. They made a massive deal about it before launch. It was one of the major unique aspects of the game….. but now the have remove it. Crazy eh?!

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Overall good changes. I thank you.

3 Improvements:

• PvP weapons rely on currently equipped PvE weapons. That means each time I switch between the two I have to swap around my weapons. This feels very unpolished and clunky.
  • Certain town clothing outfits that were previously unable to be transmuted unto armor pieces remain unable to be dyed. This is strange and makes me very sad that I cannot dye my wizard hat.
  • Last two words. Dye-able weapons.
Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: boysie.4851

boysie.4851

Squashing the town clothes like Anet did, sucks. Made the game a lot less fun for me and my daughter who plays more than I. I think after looking through the previous posts by others it ought to be obvious they made a mistake. I’ll see if I can try to help my daughter get over the ugly looking characters she has now. I guess if she wants to do tons of grinding to get the 13 gold it take to changes a skin she might give it a shot, but chances are she’ll get way board before then and the game will get shelved along with a lot of other games that don’t make the cut any longer.
Anet, you ought to fix this.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

First let me say that in my entire GW2 time (since beta) I have never bought any “outfits.” All I have bought is armor.

I like the wardrobe system for what it is, however, there is no way in hell I am going to spend what they want for a one-time use upgrade extractor.

I do think one thing they did wrong was the way you could use the runes from one set of armor when you transmuted another armor. I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and buy new runes as I level. I know it’s not too much of an expense at master level, but at exotic armor levels, it can be very pricey to upgrade one’s armor when you have to repurchase runes that can cost anywhere from 3g to 30g (or more…)

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Terminsel.5728

Terminsel.5728

Count me among the group of feedback that is disappointed in the lost ability to transfer upgrade items like runes and in the new Transmutation Charge system. This was maybe the most common thing I used transmutation for while leveling up characters as well as moving those upgrades from Exotic to Ascended gear at endgame. Now, it is likely I will not bother coordinating my runes until max level since as a player that falls somewhere between casual and dedicated I don’t have the vast in-game wealth to afford constantly repurchasing many of the better upgrades not to mention actual Upgrade Extractors from the gem store. Besides, doing the latter would be a huge loss anyway because of the relative gold/gem value of Extractors compared to most mods. That said, even if extractors were cheap, I wouldn’t buy them for this purpose and I would just suffer along until I could create a maxxed out piece of gear with the exact rune I want before putting in any runes.

By not optimizing my gear while leveling, it makes it even more likely I’ll be kicked from LFG Pick Up Groups for not having optimized my gear towards the Zerker meta at any given moment. These changes progressively push a large segment of players that are not in large and well organized guilds further towards the fringe of the game by making it more difficult to form groups for FotM and dungeons prior to 80, a problem that already existed and does not appear to be alleviated by this change combined with the leveling changes to the traits system.

I respectfully do not agree that these changes allow me to play how I want and play in a way that is relatively less grinding than other games. Please reconsider this lost aspect of the old transmutation system.

Posted by: Prod.3610

Prod.3610

The Devs explained why certain Town Clothes could not be used in the manner some desire. You can read about it in the appropriate thread, where feedback such as yours should be posted.

Edit: Hmm..looks like the posts (as well as the thread) I was responding to got deleted. Oh, well.

The thread ‘explaining’ everything was a pretty weak nonsensical excuse. The reasoning behind it was pretentious and arrogant if not simply incompetent.

Srsly why are people still referring to it??? oO

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I like the wardrobe system now. I’m wanting all my toys tho. Hes locked up for now. One thing thats bothering me..

I purchased all the Cultural armor sets and have gotten my Emperor title. Am i going to have to go back and repurchase all the sets again to unlock them?

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

I hope that they disable the npc armor make the necessary arrangements to combine well and dye clothing city.

On the other hand I think a very large backlog that are not yet fixed the problem of the caps, I mean by this that when you wear a hat your character is bald. -_-, They should set a standard hairstyle when a character a hat or helmet sets.

Posted by: KyraTaryn.8512

KyraTaryn.8512

I know this question has come up before (even as a Dolyak Express question) but I’ve never seen any feedback on it:
Is there any chance that Living Story or other achievement related rewards could be automatically unlocked in the wardrobe based upon the achievement having been marked as complete? I know many people have either deleted some reward skins to make room in their banks, or have used the skins and since transmuted over them. Since we completed the content required to earn them it would be nice if they could be unlocked even though they might not be in our inventories anymore. It would be great if they could be thought of similarly to the Zenith weapon skins, etc., in the sense that an item that was worked toward and earned should remain available for multiple uses.

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

I received a response concerning the Mad Memories skin: They will not unlock this skin for those of us who have the Mad Memories Complete Edition.
In the response I was told the Mad Memories was not required for the Mad Memories Complete Edition. This however, was not the impression I was left with as a player at the time, and according to the wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_Memories this is an incorrect claim.
Also, at the time players were under inventory space constraints. A good portion ended up deleting the soulbound Mad Memories because we did not have the room for it, keeping only the higher stat one. There was no way the players were aware of your plans for this wardrobe system back then, or that the requests for more inventory space were going to be answered as they eventually were.
I think it would only be fair to unlock the Mad Memories skin for everyone who put in the effort to unlock the Mad Memories Complete Edition.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

My Wardrobe/Transmutation/Outfit review:

I guess, overall, I would say I like the concept of the wardrobe change- being able to pick how I look from any armor I’ve unlocked across my account. I really love the account wide dyes, like they were originally intended, too. There are some glaring issues with it though:

The first is the much mentioned problem that you can no longer transfer sigils/runes from any gear safely (except through BL salvage kits if they aren’t Karma pieces).

Second- though a much lesser extent for me since I rarely used them- is the problem that town clothes seem to have virtually disappeared, and yes I know about the tonics and I’ve though tonics were completely useless since they were introduced in GW1 and still do.

Third, and the biggest for my play style, the cost to transmute (if you can still call it that since transmuting let you keep upgrades) is ridiculous. 1 charge for each piece of armor, and apparently you only get 5 charges total (from the city zones) because you no longer get them from exploring the wilderness zones like you did when the patch first went live six days ago (the last 7/7 non city zones I’ve explored since there was a patch or something around the weekend gave me a BLC key). I don’t mind getting more keys, especially since I did want some lovestruck skins but couldn’t justify buying them to get that many tickets, but not at the cost of my character customization.

Essentially, from level 1-79, it now costs three times as much to change your armor’s look- and that’s it, say goodbye to your upgrades- and you get a guaranteed 5/33 as many charges as you used to per character (there might still be a chance to get a charge from exploring a zone, I don’t know because like I said 7/7 have been a key instead, the zones I explored ranged from starter to level 75-80). I figured it would be fine when I explored a city zone and it gave me 1 charge, the equivalent to 3 stones, but apparently expecting that from ALL of the zones was me having too high of hopes for this game… again.

Looking at it another way, it now costs a crystal to change a level 1 gear into a level 10 gear when it used to only cost a stone. That’s a step backwards, three backwards when you realize you only swap out pictures but can’t exchange any stats.

I used to swap out armor styles every 10 levels, since I’d get plenty of stones as I went through and would even buy the crystals when I hit 80 if I hadn’t been lucky enough to get any, but now I feel like I’m stuck in some of the ugliest armors this game has to offer until 80 to ration my charges. This, coupled with the nerf of no trait experimentation until at least 60 (since you can’t experiment much with only 3), makes leveling alts incredibly depressing, boring, and slow. Grinding is why I stopped playing two months ago, hearing about these changes got me interested again but now it feels like even more of a grind than it used to because fundamental aspects of the game’s leveling system have been changed for the worse.