Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I wish the system would work the same way as previous one and transmuting pre-level 80 characters would be cheaper. Nowadays, I would love to transmute my alts but it just feels like such a waste. Back with the old system the <79 stones were so abundant you had no troubles making alts look fabulous.

Maybe half a charge to transmute a pre-80 character?

Whats the point? 7 days below lvl 80, 1 year+ at lvl 80.

Hmm, I’m generally way longer than 7 days below lvl80. Not everybody likes to power level, there are also actually people who like the leveling itself…

For now, I’m glad that there are outfits which I can use instead of some of the ugly armours I’d have to show otherwise. Before, I’d just transmute a new armour to a look I liked. I was also always out of stones…

Posted by: Frithjofr.2631

Frithjofr.2631

<snip>

I love you. Marry me.

Deal.

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I think all you people who play sub 80s and complaining about the transmutation conversion are the extreme minority. I’ve received enough tomes of knowledge, scrolls of knowledge, and that first 1-20 thing that I’ve created 2 level 80 alts and have enough for a 3rd. With these items in the game, why would anyone be sub 80? BTW, that’s a rhetorical question.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think all you people who play sub 80s and complaining about the transmutation conversion are the extreme minority. I’ve received enough tomes of knowledge, scrolls of knowledge, and that first 1-20 thing that I’ve created 2 level 80 alts and have enough for a 3rd. With these items in the game, why would anyone be sub 80? BTW, that’s a rhetorical question.

My apologies in advance but I am going to answer your rhetorical question…

…with another rhetorical question.

Why would anyone want to skip to level 80 by clicking on items ?

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

The new wardrobe system is awesome!
The new transmutation cost is cheaper than before and it is not a destrucive process!
10+

Um… Transmutation Charges cost exactly the same as Crystals did before…

Transmutation Crystals (before):
- 200 Gems for 5;
- 360 Gems for 10;
- 800 Gems for 25
Transmutation Charges (now):
- 150 Gems for 5;
- 270 Gems for 10;
- 600 Gems for 25

Also you can obtain Charges from everywhere now, while Crystals were a pain to obtain. Also we got a puropose to all of that useless Transmutation Stones.

Those are facts.

Transmute charges (as the crystals and stones were) are available from the gem store, not going to dispute the price, as it is irrelevant to my point. Same ease of obtaining them from the gem store only. “Useless” transmutation stones were (they are now) not useless to those of us who used them as we leveled chars and/or gear while exploring areas. Keeping an upgrade we wanted and/or a look we happened to find and like, doesn’t sound like useless to me. You might not use them, ok, who cares, since you obviously don’t care about people who don’t see it the same way as you do.

Transmutation charges available everywhere? I don’t think so. You were guaranteed to get 3 stones (now equivalent to 1 charge) per map completion. Now, it is hit or miss on 99% of the map completion rewards, with the only exception being the town maps, judging from people’s posts.

Here is a recap of your “facts”.

1. Can obtain charges from everywhere – Not a fact, in fact you can obtain them from FEWER places now, as map completion does not guarantee it as it did with three transmutation stones before.
  2. Transmute charges price vs. transmute crystal prices (since it is 1:1) – Very possibly true, never bought them in the gem store, so no idea if this was and is the case or not. I really could care less. Transmutation stone cost now vs. what it was before is a total kittenup. It now costs people who would transmute as they level the same as if everything were a level 80 item and/or special skin.
  3. Useless transmute charges – Not a fact, as your opinion is just that, yours. Not everyone waited until level 80 to keep a look or an upgrade to their items going while they leveled. So now their choice is to pay for the upgrade being carried over, like a 4 tier Major Rune of Melandru for 1 example, or keep buying or otherwise obtaining the upgrade over and over again as they level, 1 rune for each piece of gear that has it.

(edited by Lyssan.3768)

Lyssan.3768

I wish the system would work the same way as previous one and transmuting pre-level 80 characters would be cheaper. Nowadays, I would love to transmute my alts but it just feels like such a waste. Back with the old system the <79 stones were so abundant you had no troubles making alts look fabulous.

Maybe half a charge to transmute a pre-80 character?

Whats the point? 7 days below lvl 80, 1 year+ at lvl 80.

Oh I don’t know, maybe people who can only play an hour or two a week, and do not sit in front of the computer until they get that next char to level 80. I wish people would stop using the position “well I don’t do it so I don’t see why anyone else should want to” to argue their case. It is not a valid point. You (and others) do not think this is a bad idea because you personally do not transmute as you level. Ok, we get it! Not everyone is like that.

Lyssan.3768

Well, despite you apparently not wanting to hear an answer by calling your question rhetorical, here is an answer anyway.

You and others do think it (transmuting below 80) is a waste. OK, we get it. Not everyone thinks like you, not everyone saves their transmute stones for nothing. Some of us actually like to take into consideration how our characters look as we level them. Some of us actually like to be able to keep upgrades and/or looks we either bought, found, or crafted on the armor and/or items as we level our characters. Not everyone wants to be able to keep that same rune’s or sigil’s functionality as they level by constantly replacing 1 or more every time they get the next better level of gear that their char can wear. Not everyone sits there and plays a character or this game enough to have that same capability as you. And not everyone is OK with getting kitten d on the transmute stone exchange rate to be able to do what they did before with no issue. Oh wait, that’s right, if they don’t do things exactly how YOU do them and exactly how YOU think they should WANT to do them, then their opinion must not matter at all!

Lyssan.3768

Okay, I’m getting refunds for all the townclothes I bought (and yeah, it was a lot) and I’d resigned myself to that.

But my sylvari starter bikini turned into a tonic. And UNDYABLE RED AND BLACK tonic.

Most of my characters are sylvari. Why didn’t you guys make the default dye on sylvari leaves… you know, LEAF COLORS? Or just take the tone from the skin, the way some of the cultural armor does?

I was resigned to losing my townclothes because all of my sylvari at least could still wear their original townclothes, but now I can’t even use them! They look HORRIBLE on all my sylvari.

Can we PLEASE get those turned into outfits so we can dye them? Please?

The default dye colors on the town clothes is standard across all races, or was, before this last major update. I had (not going to bother with the town clothes anymore, as this will probably just get me kittened off more at more of this update) a character’s town clothes that I thought was ironic that they would have the non-reusable version of the Abyss dye, one of the most desired colors, on the town clothes like that.

Posted by: Willowfalls.9814

Willowfalls.9814

Pre-April 15: GW2 was by far and away the best MMORPG I ever played. Absolutely loved the game. Town clothes were a big part of that. When I and my friends would stop between fights, we would switch to town clothes and synch-dance. So cool.

Post-April 15: I honestly don’t enjoy the game anymore. I don’t mean to sound dramatic, but it is absolutely true. I hate almost everything about what they did to the game. Thank goodness for a few other key games right now. Sure, I do play occasionally because I have some friends who still want to, but my enthusiasm has completely been destroyed.

If you could do just one thing to help make it right by the players, please, please consider reversing the town clothes changes. We don’t want tonics and inability to dye the clothes we bought. We want the coloring and mix-n-match options that we used to have.

Posted by: Tyrian.4083

Tyrian.4083

^ THIS ALL OF THIS! I am a lot of disapoint about this. I thought we would spend a charge on an item and be able to change to it over and over at no charge after 1st time.

That unfortunately was my impression as well. Now I feel like I’m “trapped” in a system I don’t want anything to do with. I understand that it was my own misunderstanding of how skins and outfits actually worked but the end result is that it has affected my enjoyment of as well as my desire, to play the game.

The Outfits seem to be okay the way they operate but the armor skins are a disappointment to me.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I hope the deafening SILENCE from ANet means that every available person there has been working overtime turning every piece of our old Town Clothing into workable armor skins, like they should have done in the first place instead of taking shortcuts. That is what people wanted. Not just hats. Not to wear full “sets”. Ah, to dream!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Constantine.7582

Constantine.7582

I hope the deafening SILENCE from ANet means that every available person there has been working overtime turning every piece of our old Town Clothing into workable armor skins, like they should have done in the first place instead of taking shortcuts. That is what people wanted. Not just hats. Not to wear full “sets”. Ah, to dream!

I am really hoping this.

Remember Danicia I helped you get a quaggan tonic and made you feel real guilty about a sad little asura in their tonic town clothes, never forget Fruity Cyber Vermin.

Posted by: Gladiatorat.9237

Gladiatorat.9237

Pre-April 15: GW2 was by far and away the best MMORPG I ever played. Absolutely loved the game. Town clothes were a big part of that. When I and my friends would stop between fights, we would switch to town clothes and synch-dance. So cool.

Post-April 15: I honestly don’t enjoy the game anymore. I don’t mean to sound dramatic, but it is absolutely true. I hate almost everything about what they did to the game. Thank goodness for a few other key games right now. Sure, I do play occasionally because I have some friends who still want to, but my enthusiasm has completely been destroyed.

If you could do just one thing to help make it right by the players, please, please consider reversing the town clothes changes. We don’t want tonics and inability to dye the clothes we bought. We want the coloring and mix-n-match options that we used to have.

Quite agree. I play this game very casually and rarely, but I did enjoy the town clothing system quite a bit. My norn town clothes was one of the things I like the most about my character and I would switch to it any chance I had when I was in a town or camp. This new tonic system is quite stupid and also has greatly diminished my desire to play this game.

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

Had myself a second thought a while after my first post in this thread. Why is it that, with how the game’s “wardrobe” skin setup works, everything is based off of level 80 gear? I mean, obviously (to me) it’s about making money (which is funny, as GW1 never seemed to feel like I was getting nickel and dimed while playing), but lets take that money out of the equation for a bit and just talk about some ideas.

Let’s say you unlock an item’s skin for use. That skin itself doesn’t really have any level associated with it anymore, right? It’s just a skin – same as all that stuff you would get with real money (and judging from this thread a lot of us have at some point or another gotten them). So we have this skin that we can apply to something, but it take’s charges to do so – but why does it take charges in the first place? As far as the “world” of the game goes, to have a different design would you not just go to a smithy/tailor and have them fashion it in that manner? So if it is going to cost us anything, it should be costing us currency (such as silver) to change our designs – something easily gathered in game, allowing us to change frequently and never really be put out on a ledge because “it’s my last charge, do I really want to change that?”

As for outfits, why not have a couple of outfit “tabs”, so that at any given time a player could easily swap between two, maybe three styles of skin aesthetics without dealing with the hassle of piece by piece on the fly altering? A prime example of this would have been the town clothes and battle set, or likewise a free-roaming adventuring set and a guild set (for representing when on a team). Obviously, we sort of had this already with the old costume methods, but w/e).

Another question is the separation in costs (from the old system) between the <80 gear – why did 80 gear cost more transmutes anyways? If anything, shouldn’t that have been tied to rarity? Would it really cost more to take something and make it look like chain armor as opposed to fancy engraved plates that have ghostly fires attached to them? Sure, it could be argued that it’s the quality of the gear that’s important over the aesthetics, but if that was the case why am I being charged to change the skins as opposed to unlocking and changing the stats?

I understand it really, when we come back to the real world and money becomes involved. Really though, the price tag associated with gem items is incredibly steep for this game (as opposed to others – and I’ve been around the blocks on numerous games, some of which have cost me in more ways than just money). I can understand paying for more character slots, I can understand paying for NEW skins, or unlimited-use items, or boosters, or extra storage, or silly kite toys that make no real difference in the game. To charge a person every single time they want to change the looks of their gear with the old system wasn’t too horrendous, because you had a decent income of the necessary crystals without ever spending real money. The new system just feels like a cheese grater hovering over your wallet for people who would like to change things a lot (particularly those who run a lot of alts and like having specific designs used over the course of their leveling adventures).

Just some more thoughts, although from what I can tell there hasn’t been any input on the thoughts or comments in this thread from anybody that could actually change any of it yet – guess we could all keep on hoping right?

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Anzolorenzo.9726

Anzolorenzo.9726

I would just like to voice my anger at this new system. I thought it was going to be a huge improvement (to some extent, it is), but the transmutation charges are a huge fail. I had 30 transmutation stones before the update. Which meant I could transmute 30 items for my appearance. After the update however, the stones turned into “charges” and when I double clicked them all, my overall amount of charges became 10. I am so kittened, man. I worked really hard for those 30 stones. Now I have 10 charges. SLDKJFSKLDJFSDLK OUTRAGE. Seriously! its a straight up ripoff!

Posted by: Willowfalls.9814

Willowfalls.9814

I would just like to voice my anger at this new system. I thought it was going to be a huge improvement (to some extent, it is), but the transmutation charges are a huge fail. I had 30 transmutation stones before the update. Which meant I could transmute 30 items for my appearance. After the update however, the stones turned into “charges” and when I double clicked them all, my overall amount of charges became 10. I am so kittened, man. I worked really hard for those 30 stones. Now I have 10 charges. SLDKJFSKLDJFSDLK OUTRAGE. Seriously! its a straight up ripoff!

Totally agree. It is a rip off that you can only transmute 1/3 the number of items that you purchased t-stones for.

Frankly, this update and the absolute silence that followed from Anet has felt to me like one giant middle finger to the players, particularly those who cared about town clothes.

(I hope that is an acceptable way of expressing my perception of the Anet’s attitude.)

I mean, any kind of a response from the company at all would be nice. Even if it was “We hear you, and we’re really sorry that the new system isn’t what you envisioned. We’re working to fix the town clothes fiasco, but it will take some time. In the mean time, we are unfortunately stuck with the changes that we made because it’s really impossible to undo at this point. Please bear with us.” …That would be better than nothing.

No response at all says, “Don’t care. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.”

(edited by Willowfalls.9814)

Lyssan.3768

Totally agree. It is a rip off that you can only transmute 1/3 the number of items that you purchased t-stones for.

Frankly, this update and the absolute silence that followed from Anet has felt to me like one giant middle finger to the players, particularly those who cared about town clothes.

(I hope that is an acceptable way of expressing my perception of the Anet’s attitude.)

I have said that the exchange rate was a kittenup from the start, even before I started wasting game time in here on the forums because I felt it was a HUGE enough kittenup enough to say something about it where I thought it had a better chance of being seen by the powers that be.

Your perception, and many others’ Willow. Even something as simple as an official “we have heard (or are hearing) your complaints” even without them actually saying they were working on them would be better than what we have heard from them so far regarding this.

Someone posted a while back that they fixed something regarding a BL Armorsmith I think it was, so they are reading it. Just as a wild guess, since it was fixed so quick, I would think that was a relatively simple fix, like someone mis-entered a value or something. Probably it would be even simpler to post a reply to the comments on this half-approved half-disapproved upgrade. Here I was thinking that it felt like it was only the government that screwed over this many people on tax day.

On a side note, and this may or may not have anything to do with the upgrade, but I think that if a character crafts something at the regular crafting stations, then that process should unlock the skin of that item, if it was not already unlocked.

(edited by Lyssan.3768)

Posted by: Aquilia.3754

Aquilia.3754

First off, let me say that I like the new wardrobe system. It’s a much better system than the system we had before. However I feel like there is a huge missed oppurtunity:

There’s something I don’t understand about the armor skins bought from the Gem Store or rewarded for achievements (or any items that are purely a skin that you can apply to a piece of equipment without paying a transmutation charge). Why are these items still in the game like this? I feel like they should be consumable to unlock the skin, and give a transmutation charge, and then disappear from your bags. This way there will be no confusing on wether you’re applying a skin from your inventory (no transmutation cost) or from your unlocked skins (1 charge cost). Also it will free up some bag space and we’ll be able to gain some charges in case we only use parts of an armor set.

Anyway, just my 2 cents

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

In PvP, when will we be getting the Tribal set back? It’s also known as PvP masquerade armor.
There are those of us who never earned it due to low level in PvP & now cannot entirely because it was removed.

(edited by Chasind.3128)

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

The Wardrobe system is amazing however, would request that Anet puts all the wardrobe skins back into the game even if it means they all require Black Lion tickets.
That will allow players to fill their lockers.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

putters around hoping for a better response from anet

I’d like to add that at this point I’d like town clothes to be remade as armor skins… that are free to apply. Or as dyable outfits. But I think it would be silly to pay charges to use them when they were previously free to toggle on and off.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Tumavotinh.6325

Tumavotinh.6325

Dear Anet,
I dont know the reasons behind talent point at lvl 30 but it makes lvling boring and painful now. nothing to look forward to when u lvl and it doesnt help ur lvling progression. dynamic events r like haunted houses no one doing them anymore bc xp and reward r so cheap and rubbish. why not make talent point at lvl 2? im pretty sure it will be excited . why not make events alot more rewarded so people wont just join the train but instead stick around to do the events.

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

What I like:
-You can unlock and collect all the armour and weapon skins; transmutations don’t require the desired skin-item to be physically in your inventory.
-Three (yellow) transmutation stones can be ‘converted’ to what’s essentially a single (blue) Fine transmutation crystal, meaning I can use them on level 80 items.
-Outfits can be used in combat. (Rather, I like it in theory.)
-Dyes account bound.

What I don’t like:
-Yellow transmutation stones must be converted as above, meaning any level 1-79 transmutations now effectively cost 3 times as much as they previously did.
-Town clothes are now tonics.
-Town clothes can no longer be dyed; the default colour is immutable.
-No more mix-and-matching of town clothes and outfit pieces.
-Outfits must now be worn in their entirety (barring helmet).
-Far more limited dying options for outfits than before (or so I’ve heard).
-The individuality and creativity expressed through outfits and town clothes has pretty much been removed, and made more difficult where armour is concerned for low level players without a credit card.

Posted by: khulse.4896

khulse.4896

For the most part I either like or don’t care about the features update, with two major exceptions:

I didn’t like the change of level requirements for talents (or whatever). Oh well. I can live with it, because it’s just a game. The other issue is a lot more serious.

I had several transmutation stones, purchased with gems- real money- from the gem store. After the update went live, the exchange rate was 3 stones for one charge. Stones went for 125, charges for 150, crystals for 200. 1 charge is equal to 1 crystal in effect at level 80. 1 charge is also equal to one stone before level 80.

If a player bought 30 stones, they paid 750 gems. These were then forcibly exchanged for items equivalent in value to 400 (accounting only for what was available at the time of purchase). That’s a difference of 350- a loss to the player in actual money.

If one takes into account the value of a stone to a player less then level 80 (i.e. ME), that difference would need to be compared to the current value of the item given, since to a player (not character, player) below level 80 the items are of equal usage value, thus:
30/5= 6, 6×125= 750, 2×150=300, 750-300= 450

In other words, by not setting up a fairer exchange, Anet stole 350-450 in gems for every 30 stones purchased prior to the update. 350 is worth a little over 10 stones.

One of the major things that attracts me to this game in the first place is the extensive customization, so I had purchased quite a few that I hadn’t used yet (I don’t recall how many).

I’m sure that there’s all kinds of arguments for the legality of it, but ethically it isn’t right. Please don’t do this to your players, or at the very least apologize.

And don’t misunderstand the polite tone. I’m actually pretty kittened. We’re talking real money here, and I don’t have all that much to spare.

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

Well, they went half way to copying the great LOTRO wardrobe system. They might as well go all the way and do themselves a huge favor. Charging for a trans charge each time we want to change our look is only going to make players stop using the wardrobe. If anet thinks that this is going to be a new cash cow (as it is obvious that they are thinking just that)….. I dont see how it will work. Anyway, I was going to drop some cash in the shop, but after what they did to town clothes… nah.

My line of thoughts exactly

I’m guessing that, when this idea was presented at their latest meeting, they painted the player base as a bunch of teenage girls trying clothes on at the mall. We will all squeal with delight as we try on different clothes for each other, using daddy’s credit card to finance the transmutation stones.

Instead we’ve got a bunch of people who are wary of the online store, waiting until level 80 to make any changes at all, and only willing to make those changes once.

Seems kind of counterproductive.

Posted by: Nailath.8570

Nailath.8570

I’m a little confused about this new wardrobe system, and slightly worried. Today, I bought the Phoenix outfit from the gem store for $10, and I was able to apply each piece of it to my current armor, and it shows up in the wardrobe tab to be applied to future armor. However, my problem is that I have to spend these transmutation charges in order to do it. Maybe I’m missing something here, but I just spent ten dollars on this outfit, and now I have to spend more money to use it as intended? Should these outfits not be free to apply the same way heritage pieces are?
I’m sorry if this is covered somewhere in the 17 pages before this one, but it’s 3:12AM and I’m dead tired.

Thanks for anyone giving input on this issue!

Edit: I’ve been away from GW2 for a little while, I’m just getting back into it now. All this stuff we’re talking about is completely new to me.

(edited by Nailath.8570)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Transmutation charges available everywhere? I don’t think so. You were guaranteed to get 3 stones (now equivalent to 1 charge) per map completion. Now, it is hit or miss on 99% of the map completion rewards, with the only exception being the town maps, judging from people’s posts.

Map completion used to reward stones most, but not all, of the time (it seemed to be roughly 2/3-3/4 of the time, in my extensive experience), except for towns. I’m getting charges for most of the maps I’ve completed since the patch, so it doesn’t seem to have changed anything but substituting a charge for the stones.

I’m a little confused about this new wardrobe system, and slightly worried. Today, I bought the Phoenix outfit from the gem store for $10, and I was able to apply each piece of it to my current armor, and it shows up in the wardrobe tab to be applied to future armor. However, my problem is that I have to spend these transmutation charges in order to do it. Maybe I’m missing something here, but I just spent ten dollars on this outfit, and now I have to spend more money to use it as intended? Should these outfits not be free to apply the same way heritage pieces are?.

Skins, gem store and otherwise, have always worked like that: the initial use is free, but using it again (whether moving the skin to a new item in the old system or reapplying it from the wardrobe in the new) costs transmutation stones/crystals/charges (except for hom/achievement skins, which are always free in the new system).

Constantine.7582

826 replies in this thread and still no replies from Anet. I have not asked for refunds for my town clothes in the small shimmer of faith I have in you to make them armor skins.

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Along the lines of no reply….

I know most of this tread is about town clothes. While I sympathise, for me, it isn’t really a pressing issue as the lack of transmutation stones and WvW and karma gear. That is actually directly affecting my effectiveness in the game. I, and many others like myself, have tons of gear with idle runes and sigils in them that we’d love to use, but can’t. Buying all new gear (because you don’t want to put runes and sigils in karma or WvW gear anymore), new sigils, and new runes is not a solution and would cost hundreds of gold. Buying extractors is not a solution and would cost thousands of gold.

Why is this not more of an outrage?

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: Nailath.8570

Nailath.8570

Along the lines of no reply….

I know most of this tread is about town clothes. While I sympathise, for me, it isn’t really a pressing issue as the lack of transmutation stones and WvW and karma gear. That is actually directly affecting my effectiveness in the game. I, and many others like myself, have tons of gear with idle runes and sigils in them that we’d love to use, but can’t. Buying all new gear (because you don’t want to put runes and sigils in karma or WvW gear anymore), new sigils, and new runes is not a solution and would cost hundreds of gold. Buying extractors is not a solution and would cost thousands of gold.

Why is this not more of an outrage?

I’m with you on that, and it’s an outrage on how ANet is trying to milk its customers for every possible cent they can. It’s greedy, bad business practice, and really very sad when you think about it. Many of us and you included, I’m sure, have been fans and patrons of the Guild Wars franchise for a very long time. The fact that we would be abused financially in such a way is terrible. Granted, there are no subscription fees for GW1 or GW2, but there is a way to make money and support your game and a way NOT to. Forcing me to pay MORE money to use something I already paid for is disgusting.
I sent a support ticket last night and it was immediately handed off to some other division to be handled. I don’t want a refund, I don’t want free transmutation charges, I want a change. And I’m not going to spend another cent on this game until ANet admits they screwed up and they stop f—-ing their players over.

Lyssan.3768

I had several transmutation stones, purchased with gems- real money- from the gem store. After the update went live, the exchange rate was 3 stones for one charge. Stones went for 125, charges for 150, crystals for 200. 1 charge is equal to 1 crystal in effect at level 80. 1 charge is also equal to one stone before level 80.

If a player bought 30 stones, they paid 750 gems. These were then forcibly exchanged for items equivalent in value to 400 (accounting only for what was available at the time of purchase). That’s a difference of 350- a loss to the player in actual money.
. . .
In other words, by not setting up a fairer exchange, Anet stole 350-450 in gems for every 30 stones purchased prior to the update. 350 is worth a little over 10 stones.
. . .
I’m sure that there’s all kinds of arguments for the legality of it, but ethically it isn’t right. Please don’t do this to your players, or at the very least apologize.

Thanks for bringing up a point that I hadn’t considered with this kittened up FORCED exchange rate, and how it affects people who bought the transmute stones with real world money by way of gem cards.

I had seen it from a gatherer standpoint only, and the transmute stones I obtained were just from playing the game, and getting them through map exploration, the occasional black lion chest, and so on, as I was in the same boat and didn’t have a lot of extra money, so much so that I didn’t even buy any stones with gem cards.

On a related note, I just did some research in game, and I believe this issue was brought up by someone else as well.

Even with the (insert sarcastic tone here) wonderful transmute charge solution, you cannot use the transmute method to change runes from 1 piece of armor to the next one you want to use. The only way is to salvage the item, and risk losing the rune, or very possibly waste an extractor usage on a rune that is not cost effective to do so, or craft, buy, or wait until you get another copy of that same rune again, most likely on another piece of armor that you would need to salvage to have a chance to get the rune.

So, in addition to getting treated as if every single item of gear is a level 80, you now cannot even re-use any rune you have applied to or already had on armor. You can only change the skin. I presume the same happens with sigils, I was too kittened off after finding this out about armor to try that too.

(edited by Lyssan.3768)

Lyssan.3768

826 replies in this thread and still no replies from Anet. I have not asked for refunds for my town clothes in the small shimmer of faith I have in you to make them armor skins.

I scrolled through all 17 pages (no I don’t know why the hell I did that either) and counted exactly ONE post from Anet, judging by the red area that shows up from an official poster. And yet, there was a thread about the Feature Pack and Customer Service, I think that had like 20 posts on 4 pages.

Posted by: Deinos Elessar.6789

Deinos Elessar.6789

..not going to dispute the price, as it is irrelevant to my point..
..You might not use them, ok, who cares, since you obviously don’t care about people who don’t see it the same way as you do..
..I really could care less. Transmutation stone cost now vs. what it was before is a total kittenup..

How rude.
But I am a polite person, so I’ll answer to your post.

Transmute charges (as the crystals and stones were) are available from the gem store, not going to dispute the price, as it is irrelevant to my point.

To your point, that is to criticize.

Same ease of obtaining them from the gem store only. “Useless” transmutation stones were (they are now) not useless to those of us who used them as we leveled chars and/or gear while exploring areas. Keeping an upgrade we wanted and/or a look we happened to find and like, doesn’t sound like useless to me. You might not use them, ok, who cares, since you obviously don’t care about people who don’t see it the same way as you do.

And you made an assumption, that I did not use them to my <80 levels chars.
It is wrong.
Now i can use the charges to REALLY fit my look.
Before you can only use level 1-79 items, that have a very limited set of skins for armor and weapons. The freedom to transmute a low level skin in another low level skin is not freedom.
Now my <80 chars looks fine (sPvP also).

No, 3 stones were not guaranteed.

Can obtain charges from everywhere – Not a fact, in fact you can obtain them from FEWER places now, as map completion does not guarantee it as it did with three transmutation stones before.

Before:
Stones Acquisition
– Gem Store
– Daily reward chests
– Map completion reward

Crystals Acquisition
– Gem Store
– Black Lion Chest
– Daily reward chests

Now

Charge Acquisition
– Gem Store
– Black Lion Chest (Unlocked)
– Daily achievement reward
– Map completion reward
– PvP Reward Tracks

So, all of the above + sPvP.
If you do not like sPvP it dos not mean that it does not exists.
And you can farm charges in sPvP.

Transmute charges price vs. transmute crystal prices (since it is 1:1) – Very possibly true, never bought them in the gem store, so no idea if this was and is the case or not. I really could care less. Transmutation stone cost now vs. what it was before is a total kittenup. It now costs people who would transmute as they level the same as if everything were a level 80 item and/or special skin.

But now you CAN use lvl 80 skins. How is that bad? I don’t get it.

Useless transmute charges – Not a fact, as your opinion is just that, yours. Not everyone waited until level 80 to keep a look or an upgrade to their items going while they leveled. So now their choice is to pay for the upgrade being carried over, like a 4 tier Major Rune of Melandru for 1 example, or keep buying or otherwise obtaining the upgrade over and over again as they level, 1 rune for each piece of gear that has it.

Recycle? And if you do not obtain a Major from the system their TP cost is 2/5 silver.

The problem with Stones was that once you reach level 80 they were absolutely useless. And it was a structural limitation.
Use resources on a low level char is always a waste, because the leveling is fast and you will continue to lose resources (and I know that I lose resources when I upgrade my <80chars).

Don’t be so angry Lyssan, it’s a game and it is better now than before.
If you don’t agree, as a wise man once said:

who cares, since you obviously don’t care about people who don’t see it the same way as you do

Server: Piken Square
Guild: Cavalieri Del Destino [CDD]
Guild Site: http://www.cavalierideldestino.com/

(edited by Deinos Elessar.6789)

Posted by: tyrranis.8430

tyrranis.8430

Could we for the love of all holy plz get a new style of headgear for the medium armorclass,only having bloody facemasks are annoying as hell and plz something that actually goes on TOP of your head!

Ronan devrari.
Gandara…

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Account bound crafting? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere.

I am not sure why crafting professions and levels are not account bound? For example if my jeweler is level 500 then why do I have to log to that character to craft a lvl 500 item? Wouldn’t it be more convenient if the crafting levels were account bound?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

How do I use the wardrobe to maintain the same look I had before as I level? Do you have to use a transmutation charge every time you want use your old skin on a new item for a slot, even if you used it before on the previous item in that slot?

If that is the case then presumably it doesn’t make sense to maintain a particular appearance whilst levelling, since you would need to transmute every new item you equip – which seems a bit nonsensical. Wouldn’t it be better if transmute charges just unlocked skins so you can use them like the heritage skins we got from GW1?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It would be better for players, worse for ANet profits. Note, though, that this part is exactly the same functionality before because this is NOT a wardrobe, it is a streamlined transmuting locker with the benefit of not needing multiple copies of an item to use its look. The only substantial difference is it costs 3 times as much to alter the looks of a sub-80 piece as before.

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

The problem with Stones was that once you reach level 80 they were absolutely useless. And it was a structural limitation.

They were useless for level 80 equipment. This does not make them useless to level 80 characters, who can equip any level item they choose. Not everyone needs or wants that tiny stat advantage if it means they can transmute cheaply.

In any case, the level 80 bottleneck on stones could have been easily fixed had Anet allowed a voluntary conversion of stones to crystals. Hell, they could have applied a fee to buy ‘Stone converters’, made it a little cheaper than crystals and I know I would have bought some.

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

“It would be better for players, worse for ANet profits.”

I understand that Arenanet needs to make money, and am perfectly prepared to contribute, but surely upgrading your armour as you level in an MMO isn’t intended to be a painful and expensive chore and many people aren’t going to bother when they know they’ll have to repeat the process in a few levels, every time they upgrade an armour piece.

A solution that could work alongside the existing one would be to make it possible to buy the skins (or have a new permanent transmute stone) you want once and for all in the same way that you buy the outfits in the gem store. Obviously that would have to cost a bit more than using existing transmutes, but I suspect Anet would make more money if they offered that option, not less – like many players I’m very reluctant to spend gems on highly temporary things.

As it is, the system feels a bit like renting wedding clothes and since the cosmetic system has always been a core part of the game play in GW, that is annoying. Along with ending dye drops, that is two things that make leveling in the new expansion a poorer experience than it was before.

Posted by: Sonia.7910

Sonia.7910

I really have taken my time to write here, but I must admit the town clothes changes depressed me so much I didn’t feel like talking about them… Anyway, here’s my feedback, hoping it will be taken into account, even if most of the things most of us don’t like have already been exposed before the patch was released and I have the feeling they don’t give a kitten…

a) Wardrobe system:
- What I like: I like the idea, and I think they have implemented it the best way they can (after all I don’t think it is possible to have a wardrobe system which allows to save the skin AND the stats, so having all the skins stored is, at least, something). For me, though, it means not many changes, since I like to have all the armor skins available (I use them for RP purposes, and even more now that Town Clothes have been so badly spoiled), and it would be very expensive to switch to them every time I want to if I used the wardrobe. I will save a bit of inventory space, though, with pieces I know I won’t use like most medium masks, many gloves and shoulders and so on.
- What I don’t like: When you have a free to use skin, either a purchased armor or a skin you won in the game, you still have to keep it in your inventory unless you want to loose the free charge.
- Suggestions: Shouldn’t it be fairer to get a free charge each time you “discarded” that skin and sent it to the wardrobe, or at least could it have a first free use? Because if not, I’m keeping them in the inventory anyway…
b) Transmutation charges:
- What I like: We can convert those lots of transmutation stones for a fair fee into transmutation charges, so they are more useful to our 80 level toons.
- What I don’t like: I’m saying nothing new, but toons under level 80 have been neglected here. Since stones were so cheap and easy to get, we have been kind of spoiled and got used to change our low level toons look as often as we wanted, and yeah, I also used to have some level 79 equipment for my 80 level characters too. Besides, since I had not a round divisible by 3 number of stones, I got 2 extra stones I really don’t know what to do with.
- Suggestion: Wouldn’t it be possible to keep the stones charges for low level characters and the transmutation charges for 80 level ones? That would work much better and would be really fairer.
c) Dyes:
- What I like: I don’t have to chase the dyes for ALL my toons. It is awesome.
- What I don’t like: The sudden shortage of dyes everywhere. I admit we don’t need them as much as before but… Having no drops at all? And getting only 1 for my hard earned Laurels? (that was a low blow, if I had knew in advance I would have got quite a bunch before the patch but… well, shame on me). It’s not a big deal, and I’ll get used to it, but as somebody said somewhere else… dyes were a bit like surprise presents. I will miss them.
d) Town Clothes.
- What I like: NOTHING. This is my biggest issue here as people who have followed the pre-patch thread about it probably knows. I mean… does really anyone wins with what they did? People who wanted to use them in combat only can use a few of them and in a very limited basis. People who liked them have been kittened over…
- What I don’t like: TONICS. For Dwayna’s sake… who came out with that idea? They’re completely useless!!! I can understand not being able to mix and match… but why not turning everything into outfits, since they’re already complete outfit skins after all. And also… that shady character at Divinity’s Reach who is in charge to exchange our beloved clothes for those silly tonics. Who wrote his lines? A good deal? Come on man, you know you’re stealing from me!! To be honest each time I talk to him and he says there’s no return I cancell and go back without changing my clothes or outfits. I hoped that time he was “out of order” they were going to fix the lines, but he’s still a troll. So you take away our clothes and you punch us in our face? WHY?
- Suggestion (or more accurately, BEGGING): I can understand the technical problems to keep the mix and matching features of town clothes. As much as I will miss them, I can live without them. But PLEASE, PLEASE I’m begging you!!! Turn those silly tonics into outfits with the same characteristics as the winter outfit or the halloween ones!! They’re already complete sets so it can’t be so difficult. I don’t want my gems back. I will even continue buying gems (I want that mini orange cat, and I will purchase new armor skins, so I’m not fooling myself). But please, let us use and DYE our town clothes as before!!!!

And well, I think that’s all. While I hope the changes are for the best, and I know for sure new players won’t miss them, I personally had already got used to the old system and I will have to change my way of playing to adapt myself. Most of the changes, I will adapt.

Town clothes, though, are an unacceptable loss ;_;

Little lost clumsy thief in Tarnished Coast

(edited by Sonia.7910)

Constantine.7582

d) Town Clothes.
- What I like: NOTHING. This is my biggest issue here as people who have followed the pre-patch thread about it probably knows. I mean… does really anyone wins with what they did? People who wanted to use them in combat only can use a few of them and in a very limited basis. People who liked them have been kittened over…
- What I don’t like: TONICS. For Dwayna’s sake… who came out with that idea? They’re completely useless!!! I can understand not being able to mix and match… but why not turning everything into outfits, since they’re already complete outfit skins after all. And also… that shady character at Divinity’s Reach who is in charge to exchange our beloved clothes for those silly tonics. Who wrote his lines? A good deal? Come on man, you know you’re stealing from me!! To be honest each time I talk to him and he says there’s no return I cancell and go back without changing my clothes or outfits. I hoped that time he was “out of order” they were going to fix the lines, but he’s still a troll. So you take away our clothes and you punch us in our face? WHY?
- Suggestion (or more accurately, BEGGING): I can understand the technical problems to keep the mix and matching features of town clothes. As much as I will miss them, I can live without them. But PLEASE, PLEASE I’m begging you!!! Turn those silly tonics into outfits with the same characteristics as the winter outfit or the halloween ones!! They’re already complete sets so it can’t be so difficult. I don’t want my gems back. I will even continue buying gems (I want that mini orange cat, and I will purchase new armor skins, so I’m not fooling myself). But please, let us use and DYE our town clothes as before!!!!

And well, I think that’s all. While I hope the changes are for the best, and I know for sure new players won’t miss them, I personally had already got used to the old system and I will have to change my way of playing to adapt myself. Most of the changes, I will adapt.

Town clothes, though, are an unacceptable loss ;_;

make town clothes an armor skin “IF YOU CAN REINFORCE A QUAGGAN HELMET, REINFORCE MY CARGO SHORTS” use some of that arcanum deus ex machina non sense on it.

Posted by: Braclo.7380

Braclo.7380

The silent treatment we have been receiving on town clothing is pretty disgusting at this point, and might indicate that nothing will be done about this.

Sadly it seems like we are being thrown by typical business practice here. They designed the new system to be more new user friendly and town clothing was in the way, so they did what they could with the new system to set it up, which meant destroying a town clothing system that fully worked.

After the system was completed and they saw the backlash on the forums when they announced the end of town clothing, they calculated what is going to cost them more money….

Obviously refunding town clothing to those that do not like the new system was cheaper and that seems to be it for town clothing.

ArenaNet can surprise me and do something nice, but at this point I do not hold much hope anymore. This has sadly also shown me that my hopes of seeing Houses and Guild Halls is sadly just that, hopes.

Posted by: WatchTheRear.7235

WatchTheRear.7235

I was wondering if races can wear the cultural armour skins of different races because the skins are account bound?

Posted by: Sonia.7910

Sonia.7910

I was wondering if races can wear the cultural armour skins of different races because the skins are account bound?

No, you can’t. They’re bloked for characters of different races.

Forgot to add in my previous post, and it seems it doesn’t allow me to edit, that I also like that I can now use the profession and the order skins without having to transmute them twice, thus, saving one transmutation charge (specially with the order skins which are level 80). Of course I don’t really know what to do with the original armors when they don’t fit the toon (i.e. when I have to purchase a heavy armor with my thief to unlock the skin), guess they will go to the mystic toilet. But it is a good improvement.

Ah if we only could keep our town clothes as they were….

Little lost clumsy thief in Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Idk if it’s been mentioned before, but I guess it hasn’t cause search results come up with nothing; Guild Defender Shoulderplates in Heavy armour are no longer obtainable in game to my knowledge, which is a real shame because they really do look awesome, and have a heavier and imo better feel than Banded. You used to be able to get them in sPvP from chests or something, but they were done away with, so no chance now. Please please implement some way of getting them, they look awesome xD

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

Constantine.7582

I am making this thread to ask whether or not ArenaNet has come to any consensus, or if they are even working on it all, about changing the remaining “tonic” town clothes to armor skins. In my current position, I have a ton of useless tonics which I am very disappointed with. Before I go submitting, my ticket for a refund, I guess I would just like a clue of what to do and where things are at so to speak. I have held onto this stuff just due to my faith in ArenaNet, but the silent treatment from the “Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits” thread is making me a tad bit uneasy. I am not sure how to proceed and seeing as this is related directly to my account and how many gems it has, I was wondering what I should do?

Any suggestions ArenaNet or others? Should I hold onto them or file my ticket?

PS. until either I get my gems back or until town clothing has been properly implemented, I along with a few others have been conducting a gemstore boycott. This is why I am rather curious about the whole thing and why I don’t know what to do.

(edited by Constantine.7582)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

This isn’t the forum to make this post. It’s not an account issue, nor will you get the answer you want. They made the change. They won’t say “well, we might change the tonics” unless they are absolutely going to do it. And they won’t tell you that answer because I highly doubt they will be making the change any time soon, if ever.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Devs have already explained why they could not make those clothes into Armor skins. If you want a refund, submit a ticket. If you want to use the tonics, then do not submit a ticket.

This belongs in the Town Clothes Feedback thread.

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

I would like to say that personally I really like this new wardrobe system. I think it’s great. I have seen some complaints but I think the system is pretty fair from what I’ve experience and understand. However I do believe that the number of skins available is lacking. And by that I mean per armor type (heavy, medium, light) especially, weapons are less lacking. I love the system but there needs to be more skins available and more ways to get them.

With that I’d like to suggest armor and weapon skins that you can only get through pvp. This would give players a way to express themselves to the tune that they are “PvPers” There could also be gear you get from a unique credit you can only get by doing dungeons in addition to the dungeon specific currency. I say this because currently you can get all dungeon armor though PvP. There could also be a set of armor that you can get that is specific to your profession (The implementation for this I have outlined here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Profession-Specific-Gear-1/first#post3990429 ). This, I believe, would be great to see.

(edited by Bolthar.7192)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The Devs have already explained why they could not make those clothes into Armor skins.

Why they do not want to make them into Armor. Because they definitely could, it would just require more work than they were willing to commit to the case.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November