Bring back Stalwart and Tribal armors

Seconded.

Grumpy Woodsman.
Jade Quarry Forever.

Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Why are past complete meta achievement rewards not automatically unlocked? I no longer have the Toad backpeice but the game has record of me earning it. Why is it not unlocked?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why are past complete meta achievement rewards not automatically unlocked? I no longer have the Toad backpeice but the game has record of me earning it. Why is it not unlocked?

You can find the answer in the Knowledge Base. Top of Page – Services/Support.

Good luck.

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

You can find the answer in the Knowledge Base. Top of Page – Services/Support.

Good luck.

Are you trolling? I couldn’t find anything about this.

Posted by: Thunderbird.8036

Thunderbird.8036

To add my opinion if I may, I joined this game after friends showed me that you can dress up your character quite pretty, and though I should maybe be ashamed to say it I like very much to play dress up barbie. I am not in a hurry to level as getting there is half the fun. I also realise that at high level (80)there would be nicer, better, prettier, sexier, more stylish and whatever else skins than the throw away items as you level.
But while levelling up I would like to be able to keep my girls in the prettiest gear I can out of what I have been able to get hold of. Due to the amount of gear changing when levelling this really needs to be free or so simple one does not have to waste time making disposable chars to run towns and waste time.
Since it is a part of the game I understand you have to do something at level 80 for the better skins but for reproducing any of the levelling type gear or some other moderately nice gear it should remain free or easy and simple, not time wasting. If I cannot easily keep my char in the pretty gear I want most of my interest in the game becomes lost because despite all the very well done aspects of the game if I am not happy with the look of my char as I run around levelling I may as well be running around with a ugly troll or undead…. but I want pretty which means not just the boring look of much of what I have had so far. I would actually be happy with the look of some of the very low level gear as I level but cannot even keep that look without a cost in time, disposable chars or some other cost.
In Summary, I want for little or no cost and no time wasting to at least be able to level up with the frequent armor/weapon changes to keep whatever look I can acquire at least prior to level 80 (with level 80 gear). I don’t have to be the best looking levelling, but levelling in ugly gear bores me to quitting as I like levelling with multiple toons.
I also believe you should be able to choose a look and have the option to keep that look until you decide on any changes, this look could then remain as you level up the toon despite the better gear you use as you find it.

(edited by Thunderbird.8036)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

sigh I get changing the rewards for story completion for the future, but was it really necessary to change the level requirements on equipped items?

It was super uncool to log into a lower level character tonight and discover she was standing there in her bra and bare handed because her coat and gloves had abruptly out-leveled her. It was not a lot of fun to have to pay for a waypoint to a place where I could buy gear and then pay to replace items I’d already earned playing my story, especially since I was doing the walk of shame with a very obviously partially unclothed character.

Another character was no longer able to equip her active weapon and happened to be parked in a combat zone, which made replacing the gear even less fun.

Not a very happy player tonight. :-(

THAT shouldn’t have happened. The old Personal Story rewards and the new Personal Story rewards are different items – separate entries in the item database. There was no need to swap an existing item with a new one.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

After spending so much time and resources on the new wardrobe, it is mind-boggling that outfits are not skins.

I have never worn a complete set of anything in 2 years. This translates to ZERO outfit purchases previously, & forever and ever and ever to come.

Naz ©

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

The new noble count outfit had so much potential… and then once again you look really kittenty when your character has long hair in addition to a lot of clipping issues. Why the heck is the stupid high collar not the headpiece so that I could make it invisible with my long hair style -.-

Posted by: Fries.9234

Fries.9234

I still miss town clothes being seperate pieces, which makes me wonder if any ANet employees actually dressed their characters up before and if they had any say to the changes. lol

Posted by: Jericho.3682

Jericho.3682

So if i had already bought a chefs outfit before this update do i have to rebuy it?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Not if you still have the outfit, or any piece of it. Visit the Black Lion Armor Trader (in any major city) with the outfit in inventory, or equipped in your old town clothes slot if you were wearing it before the patch. The Trader will convert it for you and it will unlock in your Outfits tab on your Hero Panel.

In fact, you might already have it unlocked. Take a peek at that tab.

Posted by: bryony.1576

bryony.1576

Bringing this back because man I miss my old town clothes more than ever these days! Light armor characters can walk around town and look normal, but some days I just want my heavy armor character to wander around town in normal, everyday clothes— which is totally unachievable with any of the current outfits. Tonics aren’t good enough, you can’t dye them, you can’t key behind them, what is the point?? At this point I would even sacrifice the ability to mix-n-match town clothes if Anet just gave us some normal-looking outfits that weren’t decked out to the nines. The town NPCs have so many beautiful every-day wear items! The skins are there, why not release them?

Posted by: Tawniey.3796

Tawniey.3796

I fully agree with bryony, but at least give us dyeable town-clothes outfits…

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

Bring back Town Clothes! Nuff said!

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

I mirror your concerns. I just used my last $15 gem card today before I heard the complaints in map chat. I won’t be spending any more money on Guild Wars 2.

An online store that pulls these kind of tricks is selling damaged goods.

Hey – 1 year anniversary of the town clothes nerf!

I’m proud to say that neither of our accounts, which used to purchase microtransaction fluff without a thought, has bought any more GW2 gems since this date a year ago! I’m quite proud.

This is why you don’t nerf non-game changing online store fluff. It’s along the same reason that a MMO never performs a player wipe – people will quit the game before starting over and risking yet another wipe.

Thusly, no MMO should ever nerf non-game breaking fluff in the microtransaction store. It sends a clear message that anything purchased can be deleted at any time for no reason – and so the online store has no value.

Even Aion, with its strict “you can only use this skin once” items in its online store, never pulled something so crazy as to turn people’s skin’s into a bunch of tonics.

For a game like Guild Wars 2, that sells the game once and then makes money on microtransactions, I am still baffled that they went ahead and took the financial hit to their reputation by proceeding with the town clothes nerf of April 15th, 2014. If ArenaNet was my company I’d have the programmers fixing that nerf pronto with whips at their backs.

Oh well, it is their company. Free to make money-losing decisions as they see fit.

Posted by: Kindred.8529

Kindred.8529

Still with the transmutation charges? I recently came back and found this horrible system still in place. If I can’t easily dress my toons the way I want while leveling, I will be spending money elsewhere.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Still with the transmutation charges? I recently came back and found this horrible system still in place. If I can’t easily dress my toons the way I want while leveling, I will be spending money elsewhere.

This system is 1000x better than the old system, we can adjust appearance without sacrificing a piece of gear to do it.

Feel free to spend your money else where, HoT sales, Anniversary sales and WvW re-balancing is currently generating enough revenue without you. Sorry to be blunt.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Posted by: Willowfalls.9814

Willowfalls.9814

A year and a half later, I’m still hoping they bring back mix and match towns clothes. I miss the cool combinations and ability to dye them individually. It really sucks that they never had the decency to respond to 20 pages worth of complaints.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

And I’m hoping for LESS TRENCHCOATS….. charr ajd asura medium wearers have a hard time due to all the treanch coats there are – and many of them tailclip too. What do we have as charr – 2 options or so that are not treanchcoats??? 2 options – out of how many armours!!!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

And I’m hoping for LESS TRENCHCOATS….. charr ajd asura medium wearers have a hard time due to all the treanch coats there are – and many of them tailclip too. What do we have as charr – 2 options or so that are not treanchcoats??? 2 options – out of how many armours!!!

Continues to be my biggest wish for this game. But if you’re a Charr you’re lucky enough to get the Skirtless racial chest piece. Just wear it wish different pants. Really wish my Sylvari could use that chest piece. Should be far more options either way still.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: thomdane.3670

thomdane.3670

To the last 3 posters; I’m guessing you all main a Necro……..? If not, you really should lol.

I am Eredon Terrace
Order of the Blue Heron [OTBH]
Arathorn Cirdon – Warrior | Ariana Cirdon – Mesmer

Posted by: Diemen.1754

Diemen.1754

Greetings

Just wanted to make sure this wont be forgotten over the time. Town Cloth Tonics were a okayish solution for the time being. But there are still some weird extra-rules which seem to be a bit off and since there was no real conversation with the dev team about this feature, I just wanted to share my thoughts, hoping that a community manager will find this interesting and checking if other members of the community still feel the same:

First: The tonic itself blocks inventory space. I know, that this is the concept of tonics, but since the Clohes are the only tonics that don’t really transform your character but just style them, it feels a bit off

Second: No dying. This comes pretty much with the first point, since I am pretty sure that this was not really by design of the town clothes, but by design for tonics (since you just can’t dye a tree, a quaggan or a Karka tranformation).

Third: 15 Minutes and not fighting abilities. I mean seariously? Okay, once again, the second part makes perfectly sense for tonics but even for any other tonic the 15 Minutes transform back is just a bit awkward. Why should I want to be tranformed back when there is an extra button in my skills bar (the only button if this is not costume brawlable) to transform back?

So while I am sure, that there is a design or technical reason for you to not make these clothes available via the normal outfit area, I’m at least curious why not making it infinite so I don’t have to doubleclick an item all 15 minutes to not to be transformed back (this is especially ridiculus if I think about the fact that there are some karma merchant tonics with no lasting time at all)

Maybe this is something which is felt by some other people too.

Thanks

(edited by Diemen.1754)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Greetings

Just wanted to make sure this wont be forgotten over the time. Town Cloth Tonics were a okayish solution for the time being. But there are still some weird extra-rules which seem to be a bit off and since there was no real conversation with the dev team about this feature, I just wanted to share my thoughts, hoping that a community manager will find this interesting and checking if other members of the community still feel the same:

First: The tonic itself blocks inventory space. I know, that this is the concept of tonics, but since the Clohes are the only tonics that don’t really transform your character but just style them, it feels a bit off

Second: No dying. This comes pretty much with the first point, since I am pretty sure that this was not really by design of the town clothes, but by design for tonics (since you just can’t dye a tree, a quaggan or a Karka tranformation).

Third: 15 Minutes and not fighting abilities. I mean seariously? Okay, once again, the second part makes perfectly sense for tonics but even for any other tonic the 15 Minutes transform back is just a bit awkward. Why should I want to be tranformed back when there is an extra button in my skills bar (the only button if this is not costume brawlable) to transform back?

So while I am sure, that there is a design or technical reason for you to not make these clothes available via the normal outfit area, I’m at least curious why not making it infinite so I don’t have to doubleclick an item all 15 minutes to not to be transformed back (this is especially ridiculus if I think about the fact that there are some karma merchant tonics with no lasting time at all)

Thanks

I will always recommend bringing back tonics as outfits. Always. There’s probably some execution and distribution issues, but ANet should hit it hard and brace for the little whinging that comes after, so we can have those assets in a properly usable form.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Greetings

Thanks

I will always recommend bringing back tonics as outfits. Always. There’s probably some execution and distribution issues, but ANet should hit it hard and brace for the little whinging that comes after, so we can have those assets in a properly usable form.

The problem is that most town clothes were pieces and not full assets. That’s no reason to not bring them back. They really should just exist as armor skins, even if Arenanet has to remake them. Same for the outfits. They dropped the ball on not just committing to that to begin with, even if it would mean they are released more slowly.

Rauderi.8706

The problem is that most town clothes were pieces and not full assets. That’s no reason to not bring them back. They really should just exist as armor skins, even if Arenanet has to remake them. Same for the outfits. They dropped the ball on not just committing to that to begin with, even if it would mean they are released more slowly.

I will also gladly support having some old town clothes converted to skins. I want my hoodie back, gorrammit.

It’s a bit more problematic, since the different rigs for light/med/heavy have different cut points, so bringing them back as actual skins would be a lot more work.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Really do miss my Town Clothes.

Bought a couple of them because of the mix and change stuff, that I never would have bought without (Executioner, Witch, Rainment of the Lich, Mad Kings Outfit, iirc) That I wouldn’t have bought as an outfit.

And that we could have more casual clothes for cities etc (really do miss GW1’s option for enable/disable outfits for city/wilderness).

Getting them back as outfits would be an improvement over the potions. Just to let us color them, and not be bound by the 15 min duration.

But ultimately I’ll always miss mixing the pieces. Loved using the hoodie with either the Khaki shorts, standard racial pants for some, or the chef’s pants etc.

goes back into his corner to cry

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I loved town clothes.

I’m just… storing them (twice, here only pictured once) as a sort of shrine of memories, which is what my twin accounts mostly are.

Attachments:

let the sky fall

Rauderi.8706

Loved using the hoodie with either the Khaki shorts,

Hey, I used that too! It was a snazzy, adventurous look for my thief. Much better than The Perpetual Trenchcoat™ that is 95% of medium gear. I miss that clothes combo. :\

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This topic was started two and a half years ago and the changes involved were explained at the time, refunds were given, facilitation of the change process was implemented, and so forth. While I appreciate the opinions expressed, rehashing old topics with the hopes of having the development team take significant steps backwards simply is not reasonable.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet