Game gets boring...

Game gets boring...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

Hey,

am I the only one who thinks that the endgame is boring in this game?

I have several characters on 80 and my legendary. FOTM? No, gets boring after > lvl. 20 because it´s the same over and over again and every boss kills my ele with one single attack. Living world content is lame, after two days you have seen everything and completed most of the achievements.

My daily routine since a few weeks looks like this: AC all paths, COF p1, p2 and maybe fractals. That´s it. WvW? I love it and it´s probably the best feature in the entire game but since the queue is way to long(up to 5 hours) and it´s more of Lag vs. Lag vs. Lag, instead of World vs. World vs. World, I´am not interested in this anymore. Not mentioning all the GW2.exe crashes all the players on my server have when in WvW.

I think I´ll break up with this game. What keeps you motivated?

Game gets boring...

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

For as long as it pleasures me to slay wild rabbits with the lightning whip my elem casts I should be fine

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Game gets boring...

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

Hey,

am I the only one who thinks that the endgame is boring in this game?

I have several characters on 80 and my legendary. FOTM? No, gets boring after > lvl. 20 because it´s the same over and over again and every boss kills my ele with one single attack. Living world content is lame, after two days you have seen everything and completed most of the achievements.

My daily routine since a few weeks looks like this: AC all paths, COF p1, p2 and maybe fractals. That´s it. WvW? I love it and it´s probably the best feature in the entire game but since the queue is way to long(up to 5 hours) and it´s more of Lag vs. Lag vs. Lag, instead of World vs. World vs. World, I´am not interested in this anymore. Not mentioning all the GW2.exe crashes all the players on my server have when in WvW.

I think I´ll break up with this game. What keeps you motivated?

I had achieved all the things you have in the game, I imagine I would wait for an expansion. The living story content is supposed to keep you occupied every week! that’s the idea behind it!

Game gets boring...

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Well, here’s the problem. You’ve told the “developers” (let’s assume a dev is reading this right now) that you’re bored and you’re going to quit.

So I guess the question is; what is it you’re looking for? What would keep it interesting for you? The cry of “new PERMANENT content” is all well and good, but it’s a battle cry that is so vague that it really doesn’t say anything.

Game gets boring...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I bought this game with the idea that there wouldn’t be a traditional end game, so I’m not disatisfied with the end game. That is to say, I like having stuff to do without feeling like I have to do it.

Some of that sensation has left me recently. There are too many things that the game seems to urge you to do, and it becomes harder to ignore those things.

But honestly I’d rather have no end game at all. At least not in the sense you’re talking about.

Game gets boring...

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

here is what keeps allot of people Motivated:

Hope
Hope that one day Anet pull their heads out of the mud and start expanding the game
Hope that they will finaly give us perm content that worths something
Hope that one day they make bosses stronger then silver trashmobs
Hope that they finaly stop adding huge amount of Grind in the game
Hope that they will make a good PERSONAL story
Hope that they finally start to drop the RNG
Hope that this game wont die once TESO and Wildstar comes out.
Hope

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

Game gets boring...

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I’m bored with the game. I rarely experience lag, but the task seem quite repetitive and unrewarding (in terms of self satisfaction).

I hate re-exploring what I already explored with my 1st (and 2nd, and 3rd and 4th) toon.

Wish the devs would just randomly summon a unnamed dragon/boss in the middle of LA, just to spice things up…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Game gets boring...

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Not mentioning all the GW2.exe crashes all the players on my server have when in WvW.

32-Bit Windows is clearly outdatet the same like Win95 or Win3.11 was at some point.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Game gets boring...

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

For me, the living content makes the game more boring rather than less.

Zerg trains, savanger hunts, and grindy achievements.

Zerg trains aren’t fun. Savanger hunts aren’t fun. Most of the achievements are dull as dirt to get done. Normally I would just ignore that stuff, but since the game is otherwise unrewarding, I have to do it if I want to keep up.

I recommend ignoring all that stuff as much as possible. WvW is what keeps me motivated. At least for now.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Game gets boring...

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have 9 characters, only 3 of which are maxed at this point.

I explore, and re-explore, the world jumping from racial area to racial area to keep things lively, and I always seem to find something I missed previously. Of course with my characters being so spread out in level range, I have lots of options of what to do on any given day.

I ‘shop.’ A girl’s gotta have snazzy clothes for her chars after all. It takes me so much longer than I originally thought it would to pick out a ‘look’ or even two for each character, and of course when new sets become available, the process starts all over again.

I enjoy the living story, but unlike so many I don’t grind it’s completion within the first 24 hours. I’ll do a little bit to get started when it comes out, then I’ll go back to leveling/exploring, and when I need a break from that, I’ll go back to living story stuff.

I like to occasionally run the hamster wheel. It’s relaxing. I can meet people to recruit into my guild. I can chat with my guild without feeling rushed in my typing. Sometimes the conversations in map chat are just entertaining in their stupidity. Of course, I enjoy trolling the train almost as much as I like running in it.

I enjoy a good ‘bait the troll’ session in LA. Be sure to bring popcorn! Rile ’em up, then watch ’em go. Its soothes my argumentative nature, and gets a good laugh (from me and many others) almost every time.

I dabble in spvp or wvw. Not often, or for very long, but I try. Normally I just end up dead on the ground, but hey that’s ok.

I do the occasional dungeon. I’d like to eventually get my dungeon master title, but I’m in no rush to do so at this point. I run a few paths that Ive found I like here or there to hang out with guildies, or as a change of pace.

I’m still working on jumping puzzles. After all, I can only frustrate myself for so many hours before I throw in the towel. I’ll get through all of those things eventually too. Just takes time.

I still haven’t decided which legendaries I want, or who they will go on…

How long have I been playing? Since beta (BW2 I believe it was). I just enjoy taking my time. I foresee many, many more hours of enjoyment, at least for me.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Game gets boring...

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Well, here’s the problem. You’ve told the “developers” (let’s assume a dev is reading this right now) that you’re bored and you’re going to quit.

So I guess the question is; what is it you’re looking for? What would keep it interesting for you? The cry of “new PERMANENT content” is all well and good, but it’s a battle cry that is so vague that it really doesn’t say anything.

Yeah, new permanent content might be vague. One idea is to think about content releases as actually releasing an expansion…over time. What do you normally get in an expansion? Usually a broad new main story arc, multiple side stories, new territory, expanded old and new characters, new permanent achievements, etc. Let’s say the expansion level is a mission to rescue Cantha from a fate worse than death. Well, there are lands to cross, bad guys to defeat along the way, etc. That is what you deliver in installments which all tie back into the main story. Knowing the destination and purpose from the beginning makes it an epic journey that builds anticipation with each release.

What I mean by permanent content is an evolving living world that is, under the covers, simply an expansion delivered over time. But, I believe the context of an evolving living world is a better way to tell the story.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Game gets boring...

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

A solid expansion with serious content is definitely what the game needs right now. Living world content can keep casual players, but it making the game lose its hard core players. I stop giving crap about living world after 2 months of playing the game, the reward is meh and the content is rather short and uninteresting.