Game gets too hard at 80

Game gets too hard at 80

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: morrowson.9245

morrowson.9245

I’m trying to play HoT but its taking forever to get to hero points and level my masteries and stuff. It’s taking hours just walking around to find out how to get to the hero point/mastery locations. Wut do?

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

get ready for the “it’s endgame duh” and “don’t solo” responses

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

I felt similarly at first.

You need to learn the zones, your build, and be properly equipped. After that HoT isn’t much harder than core Tyria. There is a difference, but it’s much less pronounced than your initial unfamiliarity might indicate.

You will be running events in the HoT maps. This means working with people. You might benefit from familiarizing yourself with taxiing into organized maps- this makes a world of difference vs. wandering around a mostly empty map.

I found it to be a lot more fun than I initially thought it would be- and became a better player in general.

(edited by sarasvatri.6871)

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’m trying to play HoT but its taking forever to get to hero points and level my masteries and stuff. It’s taking hours just walking around to find out how to get to the hero point/mastery locations. Wut do?

It’s supposed to be hard. Folks have been clamoring for “harder, more challenging” content for quite awhile. It was delivered, and yet people are complaining “it’s too hard!”. Can’t please everyone I suppose.

However, try looking at youtube. There are plenty of videos that show exactly how to get those hero points.

Good luck!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

Bruhhh what are you smoking, HoT has literally been nerfed to dead, hero points are so easy to get now there are only a few left that have annoying champs and you can lfg those

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Honestly, follow the events. In Heart of Thorns on most maps they’re basically big long events broken up into multiple individual events. Doing those will lead you around a lot of the maps. Additionally you will be doing so with others so any hero Challenge points, Mastery locations will often get done at a similar time.

Mastering how to use Gliding Updrafts and Bouncing Mushrooms will help you a lot also, if you haven’t done so already.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

From what I hear the problem is not ‘too hard’ but ‘too long’. Meaning that you have to be online for at least 2 hours if you want to complete something. One solution would be to split up big events into smaller parts and get rid if the ‘you may stay up to x minutes on this map after completing’ requirment. Make it so that players can quit any time they want and continue anytime they like without restrictions.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

If you want hero point credit, just go to WvW or EotM and run around with a group. As you rank up, you’ll get a currency that can be traded in for hero points from both central tyria and the magumma jungle.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

One of my two biggest concerns about HoT was that most players would feel like there’s a massive gap in difference between core content difficulty and HoT content difficulty, caused by how S1 was temporary and thus could not bridge that gap, and S2 didn’t add that much content to the game in large – and even then only half of S2 was really more difficult than most of the core game.

The only real answer to your dilemma is to either party up or learn the new mechanics of foes. Try changing your set up – if you’re going full berserker or otherwise glass cannon (all offensive stats), that doesn’t really work for HoT maps.

As for masteries – be sure to do the story, as first run through gives a good boost. Do the meta events, as they give good experience (especially Mouth of Mordremoth). And don’t worry about maxing the masteries – you have time.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Run EOTM and convert the proof of heroics to hero points. Completely leveled my druid using this method and never stepped into Hot.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

The only real answer to your dilemma is to either party up or learn the new mechanics of foes. Try changing your set up – if you’re going full berserker or otherwise glass cannon (all offensive stats), that doesn’t really work for HoT maps.

This is totally wrong. Some Meta event are failed when there are too much people without damage gear. (hello tangled depth meta)
With a full damage gear, mobs are killed fast, and since you don’t soloing HoT events most of the time, it’s totally pointless to get tougness gear or anything else than a full damage build. You’ll just be a burden to others.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

Try changing your set up – if you’re going full berserker or otherwise glass cannon (all offensive stats), that doesn’t really work for HoT maps.

objection. anything else but full dps makes the game a lot more difficult since enemies have more time to kill you. the faster you kill the faster you’re safe again. defensive stats only prolong your inevitable death. toughness scales poorly and is overall a kittenty stat, kittenloads of vitality will give you like one misdodge and for the sake of sanity we’ll ignore here that healing power even exists.
just learn to play flawlessly, otherwise you’re screwed anyway, no matter what you do. mistakes are unacceptable and should be rightfully punish severely.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Ape Ghosting.7396

Ape Ghosting.7396

Maybe you might want to check out your class and see if you need to change items or traits? Being said i was like you once long before hot on my ranger then i tried another build and im really impressed and happy how well it does and i challenge myself to see how much i can pull in a single fight at times.

Some builds just dont work best in hot territories.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

This is how it should be

Initially you step into the jungle and find it a confusing and deadly place you spend some time exploring , participating in events soon enough you begin to find your feet and use your exp to purchase some mastery levels which makes life even easier.

Soon enough you are swinging through the trees like Tarzan taking down Mordrem with ease. This is progression done well you learn sometimes harshly through trial and error and the more time you spend in the zones the more exp you get to level your masteries.

It takes me 40mins from hitting 80 to unlock my elite spec fully and i’m sure others do it much faster not to mention everything has been nerfed to hell already and even stuff like chak gerent succeeds more often than not these days.

tldr HoT open world content is trivial.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

In HOT, not only are you fighting mobs, but you are also fighting to learn the enviroment.

Game gets too hard at 80

Posted by: IXIDOR.6278

IXIDOR.6278

foxcat’s post is actually a very good one here.
If you don’t just “play a guide” and actually try to focus on the environment around you, use what’s given to you (skill-wise) and try to “see what’s dealing the damage” (learning to dodge the new animations of mobs) you will get along in no time. But well it takes practice (like basically everything).

Autistic Roleplayers [rP] – www.tinyurl.com/VanHammesYT