Game got boring?

Game got boring?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

I wonder if I am the only one who feels that game lost it’s touch… i have like 1,3k hours of playing and uhm there is nothing fun to do in the game at the moment… And it feels that i have done everything…

What the game had to offer:

lvling: done 4 times lvl 80…

making legendary: did 1 not into making another due to insane farm just for skin which every third person in LA has.

dungeons: done all hundreds of times for gold farming legendary…

living story: feels like “queens jubile” was the best they could think of, that actually involved huge part of community and that recent living story was just lame in time,effort/reward part…. I mean rly for fractured meta u got 1 each ascended material(seriously?) and now 1 tricolour key for nightmare aftermath…
I somehow feel like krait obelisc was worthless too since player who plays atleast 3 hours per day still gets 2-3 skill points for sure. So i kinda did just story instances and didn’t bother in completing meta…

WvW: yeah was cool season 1 at least 1 Meta u have to do something to earn it…
Tho reward again doesnt represent time,effort spent, but was worth it for title etc…
YET now noone bothered to make season 2 and wvw back to being pointless.

pvp: never been into it. This games endgame is all about skins and u have to grind from the start again. + seriously? pvp items from achievment box are soulbind… AS IF MY THIEF CAN WIELD A HAMMER, TORCH AND PLATE ARMOR:D

Balance: still upset, nothing changed since i started playing half a year ago: dungeon groups still flame for warriors and guards(obviously because of highest dmg, good support, newby friendly). When actually class dmg and usefulness to group should be equal the skill required to play… Not to mention seeing rangers, engi being kicked off group just coz they are rangers and engi (can’t talk from pvp perspective tho in wvw group fights its kinda the same).

New healing skills: well for thief it was a joke 45 sec cooldown no condition removing with 60 fixed traitpoint… noty didnt even bought the skill till today… and antitoxing is just weak…

Ascended armor: uhmmm over 200g for 15 points in stats + requirement to use transmutation stones to don’t look ugly in skin wars 2? naaaa(my numbers maybe off so dont be hasty:))

Not to mention: the game got more and more lag after every patch… textures load slow and LA takes more and more time to even load and ofc much lower FPS. Year old bugs. New cloths clipping issues( again seriously? u release new stuff, which ppl buy’s for GEMS and it has clipping issue’s? example: new charr face and like 50% of helms)

Seems like after u create a character who has all the skins u want u are done, no endgame left for u…
+ half of new endgame offer u to GRIND for gold or buy GEMS…

So anyone feels like the game is getting more and more flat and boring?
Share comments, opinions of your current gaming experience

PLZ save the comments like: YOU MAY ALWAYS QUIT, because: thx, captain ,i know it and I am already spending less and less time in the game…

Less troll – more solid opinion.

Game got boring?

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

I start PvPing recently due to the new changes and i find out that is actually a good way to break the boredom

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Game got boring?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I think I was at about 1,400 hours when I got bored, so about where you are. Some games aren’t for everyone, but if you really want to see the game succeed and you want to stick with it, take a long break and come back to see what’s changed. I haven’t played in about 3-4 months, and I’m not going to play for about another 2 years… but after that 2 years is up, I’ll be coming back to see what has changed for the better.

Just play some Zelda, Grand Theft Auto, World of Warcraft, Rift, or other games. There’s a lot to choose from. Once you get bored of all the other games, then come back to GW2.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Game got boring?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The obelisk only give one skill point per character, ever. It’s main function is to charge quartz.

Season 2 for WvW is coming next year.

The PvP armor from AP chests is only soul-bound until you deposit it in the PvP locker, where it becomes account-bound.

As to your other points…matter of opinion, some like the offerings, and some do not.

Game got boring?

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I actually am in your very same situation, I just keep deleting characters and making new ones trying to kill time…

\||||||/
O°v°O

Game got boring?

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Take a break for a while, set it aside, come back to it when you’ve forgotten how to play.

I quit playing for about a year because I got bored with it. Playing again and it’s fun and interesting to see the changes. Sadly, the reasons I quit haven’t been fixed so I’ll probably just end up playing it for a few months again before I quit.

Game got boring?

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Problem with too much game, is that, too much. It gets you burnt really fast. Nothing lasts forever, even good things never last. And it seems that you reach your end, so I suggest you move on to the next, or take a break.

But if you dont like to move on or take a break, then just play the game without any goal, login do stuff that you may have not done yet, dont look at the guides (I stopped going to Dulfy a loooooooooong time ago) and explore. You might find something useful.

An example, have you gone and fought those Lv80 Champ at Brisban Wildlands? Tried going solo against all dungeon/fotm paths? Fought WvW/Spvp naked? Played the TP market? Crafting without guides? Running to Orr, without help, with a Low lvl char? Or playing naked in high lvl events? So many things to do, some you mght find interesting or amaybe everything is boring.

So if everything is boring, take a break or move on….wish you all the luck…

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Game got boring?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Find something else to do. Take up a hobby. I stopped playing for several months, then came back again several weeks ago.

Game got boring?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

You played 1,3k hours yet you don’t know how PvP items work? :X

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Game got boring?

Posted by: DrLuigi.3764

DrLuigi.3764

1.3k hours and you’re bored? Sounds like you got your money’s worth. Are there many games that don’t get boring after 1000 rl hours of gameplay time?

Game got boring?

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

Yeah it got boring 6 months ago, at least. Keep coming back for a week or so to try and get into it but there is no real content to play.

An example, have you gone and fought those Lv80 Champ at Brisban Wildlands? Tried going solo against all dungeon/fotm paths? Fought WvW/Spvp naked? Played the TP market? Crafting without guides? Running to Orr, without help, with a Low lvl char? Or playing naked in high lvl events? So many things to do, some you mght find interesting or amaybe everything is boring..

What’s the point? Thinking of every little thing you can do to eke out a little more play time with this game. Just play something else that’s actually fun

Game got boring?

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

When I get bored I change my build or level a different class. Or try something harder, like playing a non-meta build in PvP or spending hours trying to solo Arah. I also do some farming because I like skins too :p but if skins/completition/ascended stuff are your only goals, once you get them there’ll be nothing left to do and it’ll be time to move on.

And btw, soon PvP skins will be usable in PvE and viceversa, so if that’s what’s keeping you away from trying it, it shouldn’t.

Bläck Dähliä

Game got boring?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Mate, there are plenty of games coming out soon ( or have already come out, such as BF4, GTA V ). This game has never intended to outlast Guild Wars 1. 1.500 hours is the average I get from people who quit this game, either from my own guild, forums, different webpages etc.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Game got boring?

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Yeah it got boring 6 months ago, at least. Keep coming back for a week or so to try and get into it but there is no real content to play.

An example, have you gone and fought those Lv80 Champ at Brisban Wildlands? Tried going solo against all dungeon/fotm paths? Fought WvW/Spvp naked? Played the TP market? Crafting without guides? Running to Orr, without help, with a Low lvl char? Or playing naked in high lvl events? So many things to do, some you mght find interesting or amaybe everything is boring..

What’s the point? Thinking of every little thing you can do to eke out a little more play time with this game. Just play something else that’s actually fun

The point? The point is it’s a suggestion, as a follow up to the previous paragraph that you quoted. And if you read thru the end of the post, I said what you said: move on. So what’s your point?

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Game got boring?

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

1650 hours here, just over 10k achiev, not 1 piece of ascended armor yet – 5x lvl 80 chars working on the other 3.. +2 more for cosmetic purposes

Can’t get enough of this game – started PvP only about 3 months ago and enjoying it more so.

Started to work on a legendary only in the last 3 weeks….

only done 1 story completed on 1 char – still need to do the others…..

and who can not say they have fun in WvW when zergs clash!

Game got boring?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

u need to try out sPvP.

try out the 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8 hotjoin game rooms, those anet public servers.

good casual PvP fun.

Game got boring?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Happens to many in this game OP, i have about 1600 hours, leveled up 12 characters and then moved on the lack of longevity and Serious content additions made the game stale in my opinion.

PvP isn’t for everyone, i hated it, very ego run and unbalanced even spvp.

I still haunt the forums to see if a Guildwars 1 direction ever returns.

Game got boring?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Waiting for the new WvW map… That and GvG if they ever get to it is all that can keep my interest unless they come up with super hard explorable areas like GW1.

I’ve been doing fractals in the meanwhile thinking that I could perhaps get some ascended armor piece drop, but no drop in 15 runs of those.

Game got boring?

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Almost 3800 hours.

Sometimes feel a bit tired, but then I hook up with a new group and it’s fun all over again.

10 level 80’s
4 legendaries
3 world completion.

Everyone has their thing.

Guild Wars 2 will outlive Guild Wars 1 (if the GW1 servers are ever shut down…)

Game got boring?

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

u need to try out sPvP.

try out the 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8 hotjoin game rooms, those anet public servers.

good casual PvP fun.

sPvP is sad and boring…