Game has lost me...

Game has lost me...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Form.8741

Form.8741

It happened with the last patch and the lack up any updates since April 15 for me.

I still feel pvp/wvw are both very imbalanced.

Some professions are just better for PvP than others, and some professions have no effective counter to certain builds of other professions.

WvW is literally a pair of servers preplanning to gang up on another server EVERY SINGLE WEEK. It’s not challenging or fun, the plans are made before the week even begins. Also, WvW hasn’t had any real change in actual gameplay in a very long time. The goals and methods of accomplishing them have always been quite shallow and basic, and they are still the same way. The maps are pretty much the same with a few minor additions, and the same main maps have gotten extremely old…

Ascended equipment (at least the stuff you want) is still a PITA to acquire for the marginal improvements. Dropping is extremely rare and even more rare to get a drop you actually want. Legendary gear is an even bigger PITA to acquire unless you buy it. At two years in, it doesn’t feel worth it.

There’s nothing really left to explore or try that would be interesting to bother with or hold my interest anymore.

I played thief mostly for the latter 2/3 of my gw2 time. I toyed around with other professions (including getting them all to LV80 and doing some pvp/wvw with each), but thief was still the most fun and challenging and dynamic. Thief had more potential versatility, but it has been constantly nerfed and it has grown less and less fun to play with each nerf.

The latest update nerfing crit damage output has been another nail in the thief coffin for me. It has literally forced me – just to try to keep the profession worthwhile/entertaining – to go with a 99% glass cannon build (6/6/2/0/0) for pvp and wvw because anything else just doesn’t do enough damage to counter the healing abilities of most professions (including ele, guardian, warrior, ranger, engineer) if they decide to do a bunker or semi-bunker build. People will say pvp wasn’t affected by the crit damage nerf, but it was affected by traits giving less crit damage AFAIK.

I previously ran many builds including 2/6/0/6/0, 2/6/6/0/0, 2/0/6/6/0, 4/0/6/4/0, 2/0/0/6/6, 2/0/2/6/4, etc…though 2/6/6/0/0 was probably my most consistent for wvw before the patch. Now, that build doesn’t do enough damage to anybody anymore to get the job done before they kill me or I have to run away. I didn’t have the problem nearly as often before april 15. The damage nerf has been huge.

The few “viable” pvp builds nowadays for thief depend on them NOT actually delivering enough damage to kill anybody, but simply being able to squat on points and be harder to kill (though still easier than bunk engineers, warriors, guardians, etc.). The thief no longer is really good for anything in pvp except mobility.

I feel pigeonholed more than ever playing the only profession I really enjoyed for a long time.

WvW still has no endgame purpose or meaningful satisfaction, and with the pre-rigging of every game it now doesn’t even seem like there’s a reason to bother getting on since the results are predetermined.

People have told me that the game isn’t balanced around 1v1, and I get that – however, it would be nice if a single person had more potential influence on the outcome of WvW or PvP…right now WvW is just about who makes a deal with who, and PvP is about just having a few good bunkers squat on two points and be virtually impossible to kill. This is the meta. It’s no fun, it’s predictable, it’s consistent and it’s the same old thing over and over.

I’ve just grown tired of this same thing over and over.

I don’t know how Dota2 has managed it, but despite having a much simpler design and being basically a graphically-updated version of a game that is over 10+ years old now, it retains some kind of appeal and interest each time that GW2 has lost.

I suspect it has something to do with the lack of ending with gw2 – it just goes on and on. And on……

So I’ve finally reached the point where I just don’t come on anymore because there’s nothing worth doing anymore. Over the last few weeks I’ve only been coming on for a few hours once every several days or so, and then I leave again and play dota2 when I remember gw2 doesn’t have anything interesting or new to offer or to keep my interest any longer.

I know I’ll get trolled, but I posted because I want to share my honest feelings in the hope that perhaps the mods will see my honest feelings, objective or subjective, and maybe improve the game someday. Maybe I’ll come back then.

Game has lost me...

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Lack of updates for a whole 24 days so far and you’re out of here?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Game has lost me...

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Nope, I’m not but my son’s guild is, what does it matter, RMB will replace the dollars they lost.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

Game has lost me...

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

If the whole ferocity thing is your main issue, there are very simple work arounds

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Game has lost me...

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I agree with many of your points, but I just can’t take you seriously after you refered to the Thief as “challenging” and went on about Ferocity change…

Here’s the two biggest reasons PvP & WvW suck in my opinion.

• Zergs (this is affecting PvE too).
  • Stealth.

Why stealth?

Because even though its easy to overcome stealth with L2P, it is still extremely frustrating to keep losing your selection every few seconds over and over and over and over and over again while some Thief or Mesmer keeps stealth-stomping all of your allies and your “select nearest target” picks a neutral moa instead.

Play something less braindead and I could actually care about your complaints.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Game has lost me...

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Nope, I’m not but my son’s guild is, what does it matter, RMB will replace the dollars they lost.

What do you mean with “RMB will replace the dollars they lost.”?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Game has lost me...

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

What do you mean with “RMB will replace the dollars they lost.”?

I googled it. RMB is short for renminbi, the official currency of the People’s Republic of China. He’s probably referring to the profits they’ll get from the China release, I guess.

…Hold up, it’s also stands for the Regional Management Board in the UK. So I don’t know, but this guy making an “I quit” thread will show Anet for not updating their game for a whole heart-stopping 24 days!

(edited by Seabreeze.8437)

Game has lost me...

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

You get players used to updates every two weeks and then not only have there been no updates but very little communication from AN in the last 24 days. Other than to say they are busy, and China Launch. While I don’t find it to be the end of the world, it is a little too quite for my like, and am also bored.

On top of this we probably aren’t going to see another patch until sometime in June. So now we are talking about more than a month with nothing. When players are used to content every two weeks and they suddenly get silence some players are going to feel left out and bored.

Game has lost me...

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

My advice, take a break. You don’t have to play GW2, its not a sub game so you can pick it up and put it down as you like. Maybe when they’ve finally released new content you can take another look.

Game has lost me...

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

You get players used to updates every two weeks and then not only have there been no updates but very little communication from AN in the last 24 days. Other than to say they are busy, and China Launch. While I don’t find it to be the end of the world, it is a little too quite for my like, and am also bored.

On top of this we probably aren’t going to see another patch until sometime in June. So now we are talking about more than a month with nothing. When players are used to content every two weeks and they suddenly get silence some players are going to feel left out and bored.

Wanna know the nice thing about a subscription-free game? You can take a break. Seriously, some of you guys are probably just burnt out. I would know, I took something like a 6-month break from the game, and when I came back, I got hooked again.

So just go do something else for a while. With no Living Story going on, you don’t have to worry about missing anything (if you care about LS). By the time you come back, there’ll likely be more things to do. Either that, or you’ll simply enjoy coming back after not playing for so long. That’s how it was for me, anyways (that, and getting my GF hooked on the game helped a lot, too).

I do, however, fully agree that the lack of communication isn’t helping things here. Heck, I’m still waiting for the Tribal Armor set to become obtainable again! Where the flock is it already?!

Game has lost me...

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

OP is right about imbalance, we see it even in PVP.

some classes aren’t give ample access to stability or other essential defense boons, and some should have been considered soldier classes from the start.

Stealth however is not an issue it is possible and quite easy to kill a Thief if you do the right things, if you don’t then you die, it’s simple strategy. Most players however try to make their toons as glasscannon as possible and don’t give themselves any defense and expect that this is okay in PVP. Even PVEers know that’s not how you play.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Game has lost me...

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

Thief is still good based on the European tournament results. Sword/dagger thief in PVP may be the new meta. Be warned though its burst is not as good as dagger/pistol, but it is more versatile in other ways.

Game has lost me...

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They will probably announce an expansion at E3.