in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UgaBuga.6457

UgaBuga.6457

LOL, my favorite thing about the “80 things to do at level 80” is

“Make another character to experience a new race / play style”

LOL

Roughly translated to “Start Over Biznatches!”

Amen, praise the lord!

ArenaNet… I thought you listened to the community? what a load of bull…
But if you happen to do, listen to this thread…

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: ravinhood.3981

ravinhood.3981

LOL

I have 8 characters in Everquest so what’s so bad about starting a new character?

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Ang.2157

Ang.2157

LOL

I have 8 characters in Everquest so what’s so bad about starting a new character?

When you start leveling an alt shortly after hitting maxlevel something is very very wrong with the endgame.

Game losing its appeal?

UgaBuga.6457

LOL

That you cannot be boosted in this game.
You just can’t be asked to level a new character to level 80, when it takes so long.

Game losing its appeal?

Ang.2157

LOL

You just can’t be asked to level a new character to level 80, when it takes so long.

The leveling in this game is so fast it’s ridiculous.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Mekboss.5069

Mekboss.5069

80 Things to Do At Level 80

This is an intellectually dishonest list, there are so many redundant and simply awful activities listed that it’s insulting.

Give logan a wedgie?
Party with Quaggans?

Really? Next you’ll tell me to walk [literally toggle walk] from 1 side of Tyria to the other without killing a single mob, or reach the gold/karma/glory cap.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You could always play this game like some MOBA of FPS game. Get wasted and PvP couple times/week.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

I think we need dueling… a ladder for dueling! Where it’s not structured and people use the gear they have it’s more fun that way imo.

Game losing its appeal?

ravinhood.3981

LOL

When it takes so long? lol People are leveling characters to 80 in less than a week!

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Asylia.2651

Asylia.2651

Not every aspect will appeal to every person, and that’s totally okay. Go in-game and do /age. I’m personally sitting on 270+ hours. 270 hours of playtime for 60 bucks is a really good deal (Even though I’m still not bored with the game). Point being, is that you may be bored with the game, but you’re not anchored down by monthly fees. Go try some of the new games that recently got released, play something different.

If you force yourself to sit on GW2, you’ll inevitably burn yourself out and you’ll find even more things to nitpick about it. So take a break ^.^ <3

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Vlaxitov.5693

Vlaxitov.5693

Some people just need to understand that their love affair/addiction to mmos is over.

Game losing its appeal?

ravinhood.3981

Some people just need to understand that their love affair/addiction to mmos is over.

Well I came from Everquest and Guild Wars 1 and I find Guild Wars 2 fresh and new and fun atm. I love the events and the innovative Heart quests. One thing I’ve not seen that was pretty common in those other MMO’s is “repetitive questing”? You know the ones you could do over n over at your choice? To me though THAT is what GRINDING was/is like in GW1 Factions that Borealis Academy one for Kurzick faction of 400 you got right outside the gates. You talked to the NPC, followed him to the general area and had an event of fighting another group of Kurzicks, once over you got your reward of 400 faction points and teleported back to Borealis Academy and rince and repeated. Don’t really see that in this game unless you just count the repeatable events that happen as the same?

Game losing its appeal?

Ang.2157

If you force yourself to sit on GW2, you’ll inevitably burn yourself out and you’ll find even more things to nitpick about it. So take a break ^.^ <3

No, that’s the whole point of an MMORPG.
It should be like a virtual life for you.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: shaedence.3517

shaedence.3517

140+ hours since launch.

Nope, not bored. I will be when I finally outrun that centaur…

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

There’s your issue right there.

GW2 wasn’t designed to be that, neither was GW1. I have about 150 hours in GW2, a level 80 with full exotics and so on. I still enjoy and play the game, but less than I was a week or two ago, because I am now playing some other new release games which I was anticipating like Torchlight II and Borderlands 2. But I still have fun with GW2 as well. Suits me fine, because I like to mix it up and don’t like MMORPGs that are like second life substitutes.

Game losing its appeal?

ravinhood.3981

Yeah after what 13 years now Everquest is still the best VIRTUAL LIFE MMO out there. BTW it’s F2P now if you didn’t know.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

Yeah after what 13 years now Everquest is still the best VIRTUAL LIFE MMO out there. BTW it’s F2P now if you didn’t know.

EVE is a good virtual life MMO. I played it from early 2004 to early 2007, and I eventually quit because it was just way, way too intrusive into life and consuming, and since then I have been more interested in games I can play here and there and still have fun than in the virtual life type game.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Anet even said that this is a drop in and play type of game, it’s not designed to occupy your whole playing life.

So it is not even a real RPG then?

What’s a “real” RPG?

Character progression.
Repetition.
Creativity.
Dedication to your main.

My ideal MMORPG would be like this:

Fantasy setting.
Very slow leveling curve.
Complexity like EvE Online.
Sandboxy like SWG.
Only one character allowed.
Trinity.
Semi permadeath.
Distinct classes with a set role.
Racial bonuses suchkitten damage for orcs etc.
Longevity.

-Only one character

-Distinct classes with a set role.

Yeah, that’ll go over well rolls eyes

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

This is why its good to stay away from forums sometimes. This game has so much to do in it. All you people that are lvl 80 already need to look at your life. Maybe you are bored of these games in general. I got the game the second week of release and I’m only lvl 23 now. If you sit and play all day or night than yeah you will get bored. I can’t even imagine being lvl 80 in a game that hasn’t been out a month yet. You probably need a break from games. I play for an hour or two and not every day because i have other things to do. By the time i reach 80 an expansion will probably come out.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

More is coming… that is a certainty!

Tomorrow? Unlikely.

Patience, grasshopper!

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

If you’re losing interest, feel free to take a break until they add more content, which they have said they will (more than what you’d get in a sub-fee MMO, according to Colin).

Tyria will be there waiting for you when you decide to come back.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

“The game will fail like SWTOR”

It is this kind of logic that I do not understand. SWTOR was a sub-based game that even its creators predicted would be a potential “wow killer.” By EA’s own admission, SWTOR is a financial disappointment because it could not sustain their financial model.

GW2 has been a resounding financial success exceeding box sales forecast (this is by Arenanet’s admission). It does not need to maintain concurrent users to generate revenue. Arenanet’s main prediction is that they were creating a “fun” game. For me and many others, they have achieved that.

However, yes, people like to play with others. Fact – The majority of servers are still full at peak time. Fact – People are still buying the box. After they restarted sales on their site, the game sold 1 million more copies. Fact – The game is a top seller in Europe (check independent sources on the Net).

Anecdoctal – I still get thrown into overflow outside of Lion’s Arch. Lately, the WvW queues have been longer for me not shorter. Once in, WvW is packed and players are active. I am in a small guild (about 30 people). The number of people logging on at peak hours is about the same and sometimes more than average. Also, I have insomnia sometimes so I play early in the morning (non-peak). I still see many players in PVE zones even at the time. I know this because they join in the hearts and DEs.

The bottomline is that this game’s business model is not based on subs but box sales. How can this game be a fail if it has already exceeded its box sales expectations?

Are many people seeking refunds? No. How do we know this? Because it is not being reported by top sellers. When Mass Effect 3 had its ending debacle, Amazon and others began offering “no reason” refunds. It was in the news for weeks. Also, the sales price of that game was discounted by the major retailers within a month of launch. Has GW2 gone on sale yet? Nope.

If you don’t like the game, that is your right. Stop playing, get a refund and move on. If you like the game but think it can be improved, provide constructive criticism to Arenanet via its Suggestion forum or email.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: PawPrince.5719

PawPrince.5719

I believe it is. Sure there are some problems that have bothered me since Beta but for some reason about 5 days ago I just lost the motivation to signin and play. I haven’t been back in the game since and I’m not entirely sure why. I don’t think I can point to any one thing, I guess it’s just everything lumped together being too much. :(

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: The Moment Ends.1635

The Moment Ends.1635

More is coming… that is a certainty!

Tomorrow? Unlikely.

Patience, grasshopper!

Seriously, we haven’t even gotten the first major patch, hasn’t even been a month. Can’t believe how impatient people are.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

from guy ho played gw 1 for 5 years im bored in gw 2 for less then month and im the type that grinds titels in gw 1 even got god walking amoung mear mortals the pvp content is kitten i mean no ARENAS c c c

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Just take a break and give GW2 about a year.

I didnt rush either I am at 98% world completion if it wasnt for that weird bug or issue that there is.

This time next year we can see where its at. They need t do a lot to it, add better sPVP and fix bugs etc.

Ill return near end of 2013 ….unless something happens sooner.

I am a mega fan boy by the way…guess Im just disappointed.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Kanexus.2648

Kanexus.2648

I wish they would come of with something that isnt revolved around killing..i know that sounds crazy..but maybe fishing?? or something like that..everything is kill kill kill…so once u get tired of spamming ur same old skills u get bored..

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

People comparing SW:TOR fail to realize a couple things.

The money put into SW:TOR FAR exceeds the money poured into GW2. EA isn’t dumb. They most likely knew they would have to go F2P, but prolly didn’t bet on it this fast. P2P is dying and no don’t use WoW as an argument because WoW itself is an way out there (NO MMO will reach WoW’s base NA/Euro numbers ever again).

The very FACT that it has Star Wars branding on it makes it a way different field. You can’t compare an original IP to something like that. They not only have to maintain a license agreement with Lucas Arts (who refused to futher the agreement with SoE before SW:ToR launched for SWG), Bioware has to make two companies happy.

Lets face it. Guild Wars brand isn’t really strong. Nowhere near something like Star Wars. So please people don’t bring in those “it will go SW:ToR”, because ANet can get away with a lot more with a lot less using their own IP.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Dead, you are absolutely dead on.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Esoteric.1906

Esoteric.1906

If you played GW2 like a game and not an “MMO” you would have realized there’s a ton of kitten to do and experience…

I honestly can’t name another game I spent $48 on that has given me this much content, period.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Had the same discussion in mumble tonight. Half the people didn’t even want to log in to the game. The other half just didn’t have any thing else to do.

Sad to say, but this game has one foot in the grave. Sure it is free to play, but most people won’t bother taking it serious if they do come back. Not serious enough to put money into the cash shop.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

game losing its appeal? hell no. still deeply immersed 150 hours in, and im saving the best for last (tpvp and WvW).

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Game losing its appeal?

nerva.7940

Sad to say, but this game has one foot in the grave.

melodrama like this really irks me. half the game’s servers are full at peak times, over 200 people in my guild (100+ of which log on every day) are having a blast leveling up and in endgame. WvW is PACKED, and people are having a blast on most servers. ANet is building a great track record fixing bugs and improving the game overall. and the best is yet to come (live events team, e-sports package, and balancing).

secondly, a b2p title cant die. you can uninstall the game, and it dies for you (not others) until a content patch at which point you will reinstall.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

(edited by nerva.7940)

Game losing its appeal?

nerva.7940

I am a mega fan boy by the way…guess Im just disappointed.

yeah, you hyped the game up for yourself to a huge extent probably. in addition, you likely did not research the game well, watch enough videos, etc.

ive been following this game for 4 years and i got exactly what i expected. ive also played a lot of MMO’s and in fact, i expected glitches. despite a rocky start (shared by every new MMO), this is hands down the smoothest MMO launch to date.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

Game losing its appeal?

nerva.7940

this is exactly what GW2 isnt. it’s: an alternative for those tired of the old formula, a casual-friendly MMO, and a pvp-centric experience. some people DEVOURED this game in 4 weeks and now theyre complaining after getting their 300+ hours of fun for $60. guess what? the rate at which you consumed this game, and the fact that you were glued to it since headstart indicates that ANet made a fun game. you rushed through the content and burned yourself out – no one is to blame for that other than you and your habits.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

Its only been a month a freakin month guys seriously!

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

see, what we have to maybe do is evaluate what our expectations of games are and what we really get out of it. take my words with only but a a grain of salt. maybe even half. i’m new to MMOs so this is frigging awesome for me – even though i heard it’s not like your standard MMOs, whatever that means, plus it doesn’t matter to me.

i try to treat each game as is. too often, maybe many of us want to have the perfect game! and we hope each game CAN be shaped to what we want it to be. but in reality, we’re with games in hand that are just the way they are, and we get to make the most of it.

not saying anyone’s right or wrong, just my observations. i agree, sometimes, even at lvl 60-give-or-take, some events while i run with my wife, we’re like “meh, we’ve done that one already, skipppppp” and we’re not even lvl 80 yet. but perhaps, doing the same quests with different party members, guilds or what not makes a difference?

i for one, really like helping others. i’ll offer to help someone with a SP if they want or join in on dynamic events even if i’ve already done them, especially if i only see one or two players there. and it’s like you’re lending your experience of the game to aid others. now if i’m really helping or not, that’s up to them to decide. but more cases than not, i’d gotten “ty’s” and that makes all the difference for me.

so i’m looking forward to getting to “end-game” but i’m in no rush. i have other games to play. and other things to do in life! we can’t always expect each game we want or were looking forward to or every big game that comes out to be the perfect formula. and OUR perfect formula. i want to say GW2 is a game you should take your time with, and enjoy the small details. i’ve done a few of the same events and each time, the process, outcome can be different. that in itself can make the difference. sometimes the group mesh well together and play strongly. some times you’ll be with a group that REALLY know the importance and effectiveness of ressing downed players (even fallen!), whereas some you’ll just be left there dead when there are more than enough players to spare to come help you.. ha, thus, dynamic events.. no?

in the end, it does come down to personal preference and what you expect and mindset you hold while playing. come up with your own personal challenges then if the game seems boring already to you. hopefully you’ll find the spark or joy again soon. i defs still see it : ))) and looking forward to more.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Since WvWvW is the closest thing to DAoC’s RvR since DAoC, and that is it’s appeal, no it isn’t. Now, if the folks crying to make WvWvW dumbed down succeed, then it will.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Cik.6479

Cik.6479

Dead.7385:

Gear wise
Get exotics by:
Getting the 42K karma set
Getting a crafted set
Buy it
Dungeon runs
Get mythical by:
Doing a lot of crap
Questing wise:
Get 100%
Explore hidden DE’s
Crafting:
Get all crafting skills to max.
Dungeons:
Try and do every story/explorable path.
If none of the above – quit and come back when either
Content update happens
Expansion releases.
*Edit: Ohh yeah and find mystic forge exotics/recipes.

That sounds like a huge job, of which I perform 8-5 during the week, in real-life; not for entertainment.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Anonymous.6935

Anonymous.6935

Your title is incorrect.

Game HAS lost it’s appeal. You get to 80 and there’s quite literally nothing to do, except shout about in map chat to hopefully find a group to do dungeons with, and grind and grind them.

Or queue up for WvW for hours and hours on end and never actually getting in at all.

Or playing the very unbalanced, mediocre four maps with only one game mode sPVP, which becomes boring and frustrating after a short while.

Or do some exploring of zones which are all exactly the same thing with similar caves etc doing the same “go there and kill something” renown hearts whilst passing by bugged dynamic events which just spawn mobs of the same creatures you’ve been killing anyways.

Or perhaps I should head over to level 80 Orr zone which is full of bugged events but also these bland, fast “risen” which bombard you every second wherever you go, and do throughout the whole game such as story mode – a very boring experience that was too! By the time I got to Orr or the risen areas, I just explored them and never want to go back to them again! Very lazy just to get every creature in the game and slap “risen” infront of their original names too!

I’m sorry but the game is fun for a shortwhile, but once you’ve fully levelled, there’s nothing more to offer, and nothing in terms of being social and having fun, and i’m sure MMO’s are supposed to make you want to play them and enjoy yourselves for a long time to come, yet having levelled to 80 and done everything that can be done, it’s now another one of those “perhaps i’ll come back to it” games that’ll I expect i’ll never go back to.

Yes the game has been out a month now, that’s a long time, fed up of people who say that it isn’t really. That’s one WHOLE MONTH of simple bug fixes and many other issues not being fixed – things that shouldn’t need fixing anyway. It’ll be months before they’ll improve the game at all in any aspect. Given the amount of posts in this forum from people who are complaining and are bored etc, I can’t see this game being anywhere near as successful as these “fanboys” like to make out it is/or will be.

Suppose the good thing that’ll come out of this game is that other MMO’s can make sure not the repeat the huge failings in this game.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: MistyWinter.9670

MistyWinter.9670

I do not get it…. I guess I am older now that when the first MMO’s came out and volunteer many many hours so do not have as much playing time as I used to. The way I feel about this game is the way I felt about my first MMO. Maybe if I reach 80 I will feel he same way but maybe you took it to fast or to much time playing? I do get bored do not get me wrong. After 4 hours of playing it maybe time to take a walk.

Game losing its appeal?

UgaBuga.6457

Good comments everybody.

I HOPE ARENANET READS THIS COMMENT AND MY THREAD!

I huge thing that would keep players playing, is if they gave us some updates, whats to come, showed us some trailers, kept updating their website, so people had something to be excited about.
I feel like there is less and less people on my server. Which in the beginning was filled up. Also i know its only been one month, but that is NO excuse. This game is missing ALOT for a launch. Where is the Arena at? The PvP gamemodes? The Dueling? The Inspecting?. ArenaNet is slacking alot. or well, thats how i feel atleast :/

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I’ve played an already unhealthy amount of hours, and can’t wait to waste even more of my life. I do agree, however, that the developers need to be more forthcoming with information and updates. A lot of the negativism could be avoided with an open conversation with your player-base. Silence never did any developer any good.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Xeres.3724

Xeres.3724

Not yet. I haven’t hit 80 yet. I have level 52, 40 and 21 characters. So far so good. I’ll let you know again when I hit max level though.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

A “Real RPG”? It stands for Role Playing Game, as in, you take on the role of your character, and immerse yourself in the world.

“A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. "

Kids these days think RPGs are all about progression and grinding your way to end game as fast a possible. They’re in a hurry to get things done, so they rush and rush until GW2 is no fun.

Little tip… if you aren’t having fun anymore, go do something else! Anything in excess can become boring, even the best thing in the world.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: killbill.7910

killbill.7910

i can say only one thing to the OP

Pandas —→ Way

because this game doesnt’ a grinding sense of gameplay with a strong kitten things to get you find it boring. i understand you that’s why there are other MMOs.

tldr:
a) you can WvWvW endless
b)you can sPvP endless
c) you can grind dungeon endless
pretty much what every other MMOs give you apart from the WvWvW

-Killbill

" When you judge another you do not define them, you define yourself "

Game losing its appeal?

UgaBuga.6457

Stevoli.8795
I didnt rush to 80, you would know that if you read my thread.
And why should i stop playing a game, that promissed alot, but lied about it…
Have you defeated Zhaitan? I mean wtf is this?… I dont wanna spoil anything. But really. wtf arenanet… We are soon in 2013, and GW2 isnt much better than WoW atm…

And killbill.7910

The door is that way —→
I have no idea wtf your talking about in this part “because this game doesnt’ a grinding sense of gameplay with a strong kitten things to get you find it boring. i understand you that’s why there are other MMOs.”

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Kungkonung.6758

Kungkonung.6758

Killbill: try putting some effort into reading what the people who aren’t pleased with GW2 have been saying instead of spouting nonconstructive crap.

Game losing its appeal?

Posted by: Kantazo.8324

Kantazo.8324

140+ hours since launch.

Nope, not bored. I will be when I finally outrun that centaur…

The same here I made it to level 80 and I didnt even realized I was 80, the game is very well designed but there are still many bugs that need to be fixed, specially challenge skill quest and personal story quests, but the game is very appealing.