Game's gettin boring quite exponentially

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xdjinn.4071

xdjinn.4071

srsly, when I first arived, around three weeks ago I thought I would experience an improved GW, since it’s the sequel, but what I’ve found is a dull game with lack of customization ugly skins for most armors, lack of liberty/freedom, weird PvP(if compared to GW)…

Now I’m finding myself stuck in a server I didn’t really like, playing in a guild that seems to not play together(as a guild, only small grps of players that know each other), with a character I intended for some specific gameplay style (Norn Thief that was supposed to fill some sort of Medium Armor warrior, impossible to do tho, pvp demands stealth, which was far from what I was planning and what GW originally used to offer).

Needless to say, the customization of the character went downhill, I’ve then rolled a Guardian and regretted taking Vigil’s path, and now I want to delete it(which will make a waste of around 2g, lvl 30 something), rolled a Norn Warrior this time, to find that I’ve forgot to change the body tattoo from the default and got stuck with a ridiculous headband color because I’ve forgot to change that as well in the creation, as a result I’m unwilling to play that character for the time being, and if I continue with it, soon it’ll be out of question deleting it(another re-roll)…

Well, I’ve got completely stressed about re-rolling and doing the same fakin desert-events over and over again, having to forcefully go to a place I didn’t want to just to get EXP to keep playing the freakin personal history, which gives ZERO tips of wtf will happen if u chose 1 or 2 or 3…. Anyhow, as a result I’ve decided that the best choice to not get so bored so fast was to switch to an RP guild and try to have fun while lvling and stuff, but then I’m told my sv has NO RP, and the only SV that has is TC, so here I go research about transfers to find out I’ll have to actually pay fisically 22 dollars to transfer, IF I AM LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND A SPOT IN THE SV CUZ IT’S FULL. Ok, problem is, I’m without Credit Card atm and unemployed(that’s y I’ve being playing so much, obviously), then again, only option would be to delete every character, that’s not reasonable, on top of that I have no idea if the gold/tokens/whatever will be carried if I delete my characters, if it does, well, np, if it doesn’t I would call that cheating by anet, the game gives little to no tips of how it really works, in fact, if you accidentally chose a bad sv first time u start the game, if u ding 80 u’ll be pretty much doomed or forced to pay 2 play, =/

Anyway, can anyone tell me if I can delete characters without losing “currency” and collectibles?

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

You won’t lose any currency that’s in your account wallet.

That said, just take a break if the game is getting boring. Helps me a lot.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i think you lose all gold and collectible, but truly i’m not sure.
there is one thing you can do though, you can guest in the server you like and play there untill the next log off, but you can guest everytime you want.
in the meanwhile you collect the gold you need in order to buy gems to pay the transfer.
(yes you can buy gem with gold).
by guesting you can have access to the whole server, the only thing you can’t do while guesting is wvwvw. if you go there you’ll be transfered to your home server

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

No, you won’t lose any currency in your Wallet, everything there depends on your account, not your characters.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

And redoing characters is easy enough with a cash shop purchase, if you really want to do a makeover instead of starting over.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

they give away a makeover kit with 5k achievement points

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Every day there’s more and more people are disappointed with this game but anet does nothing to change the situation, i mean why would they care about hundreds upon hundreds complaints?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

What I do during the other 13 days of the LS updates

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Every day there’s more and more people are disappointed with this game but anet does nothing to change the situation, i mean why would they care about hundreds upon hundreds complaints?

“more and more people” want to prove it?
It’s obvious that there are more people happy with the game then disappointed by it, otherwise the number of people playing wouldn’t grow and we would see server merges.

To the OP – when rerolling take a breather and create your character calmly, there’s no rush. Maybe reroll as a different race, because those have their own starting zones and different personal stories, it might make it kitten ring to you. If you want money and levels just reaching 100% map completion is easier, and your personal story does describe things, you just need to listen

Nuka Cola.8520

It’s obvious that there are more people happy with the game then disappointed by it, otherwise the number of people playing wouldn’t grow and we would see server merges.

To the OP – when rerolling take a breather and create your character calmly, there’s no rush. Maybe reroll as a different race, because those have their own starting zones and different personal stories, it might make it kitten ring to you. If you want money and levels just reaching 100% map completion is easier, and your personal story does describe things, you just need to listen

i don’t need to. you visit this forum often enough, i’m sure you noticed.

Posted by: Insignya.8625

Insignya.8625

#Charak I tried your advice and it was insufficiently painful. I, myself, prefer the tried-and-true wall between LS bits.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

this happens with some newbies.. morever if they’re ex gw1 player. experiencing drastic change from their game that they put on an altar to worship and compare about.

Justdeifyme.9387

You can’t judge by the Forum Posts how a game is doing. People only use the forums to complain and criticise, not to compliment and say what went good, because this game does enough good to grow, even though you don’t like to see that.

Mirta.5029

In my experience forum population was always a minority and the “I’m quitting posts” have always been in here in about the same amount.

Nuka Cola.8520

You can’t judge by the Forum Posts how a game is doing. People only use the forums to complain and criticise, not to compliment and say what went good, because this game does enough good to grow, even though you don’t like to see that.

No, on forum you find people that care the most about your game and when they’re disappointed i let you guess how those who aren’t on the forum feel.

Nuka Cola.8520

In my experience forum population was always a minority and the “I’m quitting posts” have always been in here in about the same amount.

not very true. about ~3 months ago this was a fanboy fest where when you said something negative, you had a mob of fanboys proving you how wrong you’re. Now you mostly see Vayne and couple of others, that’s all.

Mirta.5029

No, on forum you find people that care the most about your game and when they’re disappointed i let you guess how those who aren’t on the forum feel.

From my experience in a guild with max amount of people where inactives would be cleared very fast – pretty happy, active and playing.

Justdeifyme.9387

I highly doubt that thats a majority of the Complaining Post.
I like people who care about this game so much that they write big posts of solutions to problems, but thats rather the minority. I still trust only what I see, and If I get into an overflow in Lions Arch in the middle of the night I think there are enough players.
Also my guild is full of people who enjoy the Living Story and the changes Anet brings every 2 weeks.

Posted by: Insignya.8625

Insignya.8625

Btw people who are unhappy with Guild Wars 2 just stop playing and don’t bother with the forums. Most MMO players move between games and since GW2 is designed to be played in sessions, more often than not people just don’t get invested in the game enough to care about these threads. Yes, there are good critiques here who want a better experience, but they just get butchered by the Whiteknight Brotherhood.

Mirta.5029

Btw people who are unhappy with Guild Wars 2 just stop playing and don’t bother with the forums. Most MMO players move between games and since GW2 is designed to be played in sessions, more often than not people just don’t get invested in the game enough to care about these threads. Yes, there are good critiques here who want a better experience, but they just get butchered by the Whiteknight Brotherhood.

that’s called having a discussion. I don’t think there has been a single forum post so far negative or positive, that didn’t have someone with the opposite opinion writing on it. Everyone is a unique snowflake with their own thoughts and opinions and because we’re free to express it we express it a lot.

Nuka Cola.8520

I like people who care about this game so much that they write big posts of solutions to problems, but thats rather the minority. I still trust only what I see, and If I get into an overflow in Lions Arch in the middle of the night I think there are enough players.
Also my guild is full of people who enjoy the Living Story and the changes Anet brings every 2 weeks.

But people been suggesting lots of things to anet, end game is out of them. What did they do? Add more Living Story cutsceens and gem store items. Its not important what i or some1 else suggests, its all about money, and if their musical gem store instruments is making them money, this is what they’ll be creating instead of a new dungeon for the ‘hardcore’ crowd. This is their main problem, they chase money without giving anything to those who want to do something called ‘play the game’.

Mirta.5029

But people been suggesting lots of things to anet, end game is out of them. What did they do? Add more Living Story cutsceens and gem store items. Its not important what i or some1 else suggests, its all about money, and if their musical gem store instruments is making them money, this is what they’ll be creating instead of a new dungeon for the ‘hardcore’ crowd. This is their main problem, they chase money without giving anything to those who want to do something called ‘play the game’.

really? So we should completely disregard them saying that in 2014 they’ll be adding more permanent content, because the rotation of temporary celebrations has already been established? And we should completely forget that they’re working on GW2s version of raids?
I would want more things now myself, there are a lot of quality of life updates that are needed, not to mention all of the content ones that have been asked for, but give them time.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

according to forum, the game is dead since november 2012.

Justdeifyme.9387

That is your opinion, and I respect it.
But you need to see, that’s not everyones opinion. Sure there are hardcore gamers who want more hardcore content, but Anet already made a step in the right direction with the Gauntlet for those.
Wait and See, you don’t know what ArenaNet has planned, if you aren’t happy with the changes afterall, and Guild Wars 2 isn’t going the direction you would like, then you can leave, because this game has no Subscription Fee.

But be reminded: The Hardcore Players aren’t the majority of the game, ArenaNet cares about them, but if they leave, there’s still a big chunk of Casuals playing.

Nuka Cola.8520

really? So we should completely disregard them saying that in 2014 they’ll be adding more permanent content, because the rotation of temporary celebrations has already been established? And we should completely forget that they’re working on GW2s version of raids?
I would want more things now myself, there are a lot of quality of life updates that are needed, not to mention all of the content ones that have been asked for, but give them time.

Game came out in 2012, we should wait 2014 for something to play? Doesn’t this sound ridiculous to you? Sure this is an mmo and its more of a marathon than anything else but they had one year, nothing been done. To me this is really bad because even gw1 received TONES of awesome things in that same year.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

To me this is really bad because even gw1 received TONES of awesome things in that same year.

For example? (The expansion was already planned when they released GW1)

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Vayne.8563

Maybe because they have numbers and you don’t. And in your attempt to find people who think like you, you’re exaggerating the number of people who don’t like what’s going on.

Again, to make sure you get this…every day you post negative one liners in multiple threads, saying how the game is bad for various reasons, or acknowledging the people who don’t like what’s going on (while completely ignoring all the people, and there are plenty, who actually do like what’s going on).

But you have zero numbers. None. And I don’t. But Anet does. Obviously, the living story is producing results, if Anet has added teams to it.

I mean why add teams to it, if it’s not producing the desired result?

Mirta.5029

Game came out in 2012, we should wait 2014 for something to play? Doesn’t this sound ridiculous to you? Sure this is an mmo and its more of a marathon than anything else but they had one year, nothing been done. To me this is really bad because even gw1 received TONES of awesome things in that same year.

But GW1 wasn’t an MMO and it had its separate sections developed at the same time as the first one, because all of them were different stories.
And we do have something to play. We have fractals, guild missions, none of the zones from launch have disappeared, we have a rotation of mini games established and we have new content every 2 weeks. Recently the gauntlet was introduced. I was not able to finish it, so I’m guessing it’s hard content. A lot of MMOs get less and things that this gets and you need to pay for that content on top of that.

Vayne.8563

not very true. about ~3 months ago this was a fanboy fest where when you said something negative, you had a mob of fanboys proving you how wrong you’re. Now you mostly see Vayne and couple of others, that’s all.

I agree. Many people who used to post here are so offended by the negativity of the forum that it ruined their fun. I’m in contact with some of those people. They don’t want to spend their day arguing with people who they feel don’t get it. So they stopped posting.

They’re still playing and having a good time.

And the same thing happened on the forum I moderated. It only takes a couple of “bad apples” to ruin an entire forum if they’re diligent enough. Most people aren’t stubborn as me.

Basically, if you add a teaspoon of wine to a barrel of sewerage, you still have sewerage. If you add a teaspoon of sewerage to a barrel of wine…you get sewerage.

Vayne.8563

How do you know that on the forum you get people who care most about the game. My son posts on this forum and he doesn’t care about the game at all. Many people post on forums just to troll…do they care about the game too?

I don’t think anyone can say most people who post on forums care about the game. I have many people in my guild who care deeply about the game and don’t post on forums (and in fact avoid the forums altogther, because of all the negativity).

Basically, you don’t know what percentage of people who care about the game most post on the forums.

Vayne.8563

I guess all the people playing around me are just my imagination. YOU don’t have something to play…some of us feel we have too much to do. I’ve read some threads about that. Maybe you have too.

What sounds ridiculous to me is a guy who says things that are patently one sided without any acknowledgment that there are others who feel differently.

I know there are people who don’t care for this game and I acknowledge that. I’m fair-minded enough to understand the game isn’t for everyone. You don’t seem to care that a whole lot of people are logging in and playing this content.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

@ Nuka Cola .
I haven’t been on my own server since the last update hit- I have been in overflow.
It seems that quite a few people are enjoying the game, you are just not one of them.

@ OP
I remember during the betas and the stress tests I made a new character everytime and then ran over the same map doing the same things, it is not very fun.

If you really want to play a Norn but don’t want to do Wayfarer foothills again just go to the asura portal in Halbrak, you will be in Lion’s Arch- from there you can go to any race’s starter zone- go check them out.
If you delete you character you do not lose your account things- just make sure to strip you characters before you delete them and put the stuff in your bank. You can also just guest for free to any server you wish as long as it is in the same region (NA/EU)

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Yeah. Today I found myself bored to the point of anger with my Elementalist. I literally opened my slot skills tree, moused over each and said out loud “boring, usekitten ring boring, useless” etc. Then I proceeded to mouse over my weapons skills and said “boring” 5 times for each Attunement then logged out.

This game seriously needs more PvE skill customization.

Don’t even get me started on traits, I mean wow! 5% extra damage when the enemy is burning, that’s downright amazingly fun for a major trait! chance to cause a condition on a critical hit?! You’re kidding me! I think I’m going to die from fun overload!. There’s a handful which are actually interesting to use and change your play style minorly (and saying handful is being generous) but that’s hardly enough.

Then there’s gear. I tried a condition damage build for my Elementalist. I really wanted to make it work with all the bleeds and burning I have. The damage just sucked. Switching my gear to condition damage decreased my kill time while leveling by at least 50%. Not only that, the one time where condition damage might shine – events, your burning and bleeding stacks (the things you built your character around) get put into a giant melting stack of debuffs from the player zerg and you are just gimping yourself and everyone else. It feels like any gear without power, crit and / or crit damage is just a waste.

For a game with so much PvE content there’s such little actual character customization and virtually zero experimentation. I can’t see myself playing much longer. Maybe level a few more characters halfway…

(edited by Esquilax.3491)

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Basically, if you add a teaspoon of wine to a barrel of sewerage, you still have sewerage. If you add a teaspoon of sewerage to a barrel of wine…you get sewerage.

Mind. Blown.

I’m going to use this some day.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I guess all the people playing around me are just my imagination. YOU don’t have something to play…some of us feel we have too much to do. I’ve read some threads about that. Maybe you have too.

What sounds ridiculous to me is a guy who says things that are patently one sided without any acknowledgment that there are others who feel differently.

I know there are people who don’t care for this game and I acknowledge that. I’m fair-minded enough to understand the game isn’t for everyone. You don’t seem to care that a whole lot of people are logging in and playing this content.

And the game is apparently immensely enthralling too as it manages to keep someone´s interest who professes his hatred for every of it´s aspects in nearly every forum thread for weeks. Must be doing something right I guess.

Vayne.8563

Mind. Blown.

I’m going to use this some day.

I wish I could take credit for this, but it’s from a list of interdisciplinary laws (like Murphy’s Law) that I read many many years ago. Some things just stay with you. This made a ton of sense to me.

It’s just easy to break something down than to build it in the first place.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

What I do during the other 13 days of the LS updates

Get a job…

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

GW2 more than any other MMO out there is very forgiving of taking a break from it. I’ve taken breaks 3 times. Second time I came back, I liked the game less than launch, but now I’m loving it again.

The devs are doing all sorts of things, and some things will please some people, other things not so much.

It’s really a great game to dip into and out of, just to get a nice MMO jag whenever you feel like it. The combat system is forgiving enough that you can button mash for a while until you get the hang of your toon again.

It’s a different way of looking at MMORPGs – you don’t have to feel like you have to play 24/7 or your subscription’s wasted. The game is here, it’s not going away, and it’ll be here when you get a hankering for it again (as you certainly will, because there’s nothing else quite like it on the market – you might find it a bit difficult to go back to other MMOs).

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Getting back to OP—absolutely hilarious situation to read about, lmfao, yet it is tragic.
And the only clear way out of that, in any reasonable amount of time is to brute force it with some real money; server transfer and total body makeover kit.

xdjinn.4071

Thx for the answer, Guess I’ll clear out my account and create new toons from scratch… I’ll just farm some more gold to rush all professions up to 400 so I avoid the hassle later on(good thing will be to be able to sell some stuff and make some gold easier, without zerg farming pavillion)

As for the Gauntlet, I’m as a ex-HC player would say that it’s far from HC, one for the bosses that have zero effort CCs almost unavoidable(like the Windcaller girly), they’ve added difficult through cheating, they have no CDs whatsoever, no timing can be perfected, the size of the gauntlet cage is amusingly small for so much AoE CC, as for the stack bosses, it’s simple, u either have tons of mitigation / HP and face tank it, or you’ll never be able to get it’s achievement, and so forth…

Thing there is that it’s the most item dependable/class dependable PvE in the game, I would say Anet lacks creativity in that regard, altho I am loving the game, it is a dumb down from GW, it’s also the best in the market currently, simply because of no P2W model and being a 1 time pay life-time sub, so you don’t need to feel obligated to play whatsoever…

Anyway, 3 weeks to get bored in a MMO is a bad sign, it is a pretty kitten good motive to concern, but, idk if there are more who ended up in the same train as I did, altho, loving parts of this game currently will make me stay, I’m counting on Anet bringin GW2 to the lvl GW was, at least build wise…

(edited by xdjinn.4071)

xdjinn.4071

oh, just forgot to mention, the random lags, that’s also extremely annoying, was just at the gauntlet tryin for achievement and would lag whenever facing enemies

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Bored and kittenz. Farm fest for a legendary because there is nothing better to aim for. Done all PvE. Dungeon is repetitive meh. Living Story is even more meh, next month its forgotten, so much for all the hard work. PvP, whats the point? win or lose over and over just for AP? WvW whats the point? You take some fort, 5 mins later its flipped over, rinse and repeat one million times. Zerg fest galore. Never mind skills, equipment and traits, if enemy server is 100000000+ people more than your zerg, no amount of pro-ness can save you from that.

Oh yeah, and did I mention, farm fest for a legendary because theres nothing better to aim for. Everything is RNG. If you’re lucky, you just might get a precursor from some random boss early on. If not, have fun farming 300 hours. So Legendary indeed!