Game wide reward nerfing needs to stop.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Ive noticed a pattern that’s such a blatant reward nerf across the ENTIRE Game in contrast with gem store designers knocking out item after item ( for a cost) that im even less motivated to start HoT than before especially with the time heavy gating mechanics.

1. Dungeons rewards nerfed – by a lot – people told to chill because Fractals are the new Dungeons. – Except that Fractals have been nerfed aswell unless you get the Fractal Mastery just to get the rewards you got BEFORE.

2. EotM rewards nerfed – by a lot – people told to chill because WvW always had bad rewards and now they arnt because EofM has been nerfed down rather than WvW being boosted up! – Incidentally the xp in WvW appears to have been nerfed possibly bags too and liquid xp has gone. The maps are too big and Borderlands is a ghost town.

3. Festivals/events – everyone knows about the Modrem event giving such skimpy currency for such a large time input and coming up against unrealistic prices for items – Halloween is actually almost as bad – only people that have played all previous years will notice and even then they may not but -you can NO LONGER use chattering skulls/nougat that drop in large numbers to buy anything – ALL of the items which now require only candy corn to buy have had their prices inflated from last year – Carlotta pet is at least 3 times the price it was, personalised bags that dropped some of these rare items no longer given out, the items that do drop in the ToT seems to have a very low drop rate. And of course the ‘unfortunate’ ‘bug’ that stops mastery acquisition in Halloween.

4. Salvaging – this looks fairly benign initially, you will be getting less mats from each salvage – but then start thinking about the constant push to allow less and less items actually drop from mobs which completely negates magic find, add in that champ bag farming is one of the few ways to make cash should you need to buy something and suddenly those bags are worth a lot less and the time you spent doing at aswell.

5. Pvp – A smaller issue but when you realise that transmutes can only be bought from the Gem shop if they arnt on tracks anymore…..

5. XP and Progression mechanics – yes I know these arnt rewards – neither should they be but in Hot they have artificially be turned into them – and then promptly ‘nerfed’ by requiring extended grinds of it to access CORE gameplay. Every poart of the gamem as far as I can tell in the last few weeks has been subject to XP nerf – you simply don’t get what you used to and in Hot are blocked from content.

6. Guilds – large guilds arnt as much affected ( apart from the obvious gold sink and gating) small guilds? you are pretty much kittened – many of your upgrades have been taken off you only for you to ‘re earn’ – through a gold and resources grind.

Think about that – you now have to do double or triple the work you did several years ago to get the same rewards or less rewards! – for OLD content – and cant access new content without hitting pay walls or grind walls.

You now have things that you have EARNED in the game taken away from you – Guilds lost a lot of utility for a new mechanic that many small guilds cant even access, Traits was the same all those tomes a waste of gold etc etc.

I can see the argument of creating scarcity for big ticket items like the Ghastly shield ( for a time), but the rest is unacceptable when you notice than in the 3 days since launch they are putting out new outfits, weapons ‘boosters’ – because lets face it you are going to need them now everything has been nerfed…who has the absolute lack of tact to start advertising Gem items when everything has been nerfed in the game int eh space of a couple of weeks?

Ive never seem such a blatant cash grab across ALL aspects of a game – GW2 design appears to be being controlled by some Neo Con Economics Loon – you just got a MASSIVE cash injection be respectful Anet and stop putting all your resourses into finding nefarious skinner boxes to get even more cash out of people or making the game increasingly hard to get any rewards from forcing you into getting ‘help’ through the Gem store.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

pvp offer half the transmutation charges, and frankly that still fine. You just need to change your stuff out a little less, but they are repleace with a new item that suposed to do something. (i forget what)
EotM was changes cause of the way it was used, and most WVW user hated that, and while I never saw a problem, Anet been trying to help recover some trust from then, it slow progress.
I do not know on Festivals, but a lot can be earn by Rng, or buying from gems too, so the fact they allow you to earn if you want by farming I think is good too.
XP and salvages I not notice a differnce, I seem to be earning around the same amout, in fact I seem to been lucky on them, so not sure what changed.
Guilds, well, as a 2 person one, it sucks, but I also know you can’t please everyone. Sometimes you have to adapt to the change, and not except everything to change to you.
I can’t say I know anything about dungeons.

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

That´s also my no.1 complaint with the game. It´s so obvious that the devs do everything in their power to keep you from making gold so that you are being forced into buying gems with real money.

I want to play the expansion, but I don´t because I´m working on my first legendary. There is no point beating challenging content that maybe rewards 10 silver an hour when I could just do mindless chest farming and make 15g/hour which is also a tiny amount when legendaries cost upwards of 3500 gold.

Rococo.8347

Surprised there is less comment on this to be honest – I mean I know HoT has a lot of issues but we just had a good chunk of rewards REMOVED from the game.

I guess its the same as those in Government burying bad news under a bigger news story – well played Anet – well played.

TJgalon.5012

Or it could be, that your opinion may not be 100% in line with how other people feel too.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

They need to nerf it if it drop to much or we get mass inflation of some items that will be worthless just like leather was before the nerf.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Should start calling them NCfail.

Guess what was F2P for?

They did lack incoming players – there were literally 0 ads regarding Gw2.
Crappy F2P games spam everywhere like mad – Gw2 had none.

Anet doesn’t exist anymore – at least that Anet that cared for customers and it’s players.

Now you can taste what NCSoft does – because Anet’s behavior now, is equal to what NCSoft always does.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Victuswolf.5286

Victuswolf.5286

Add this to the fact they are now GATING rewards behind Mastery’s and you still have to buy keys using gold on top of that.

Everything is being placed behind gates and gold sinks while nerfing the heck out of every way players have to obtain Gold that doesn’t rely on selling mats on the black market.

They are funnelling all the Gold out of Guild Wars 2 by removing the few ways we had to make Gold while adding massive gold sinks. The only way Gold ends up back into the system is through buying gems with real money.

Just look at the change to black lion chest keys. You can no longer get them from the personal story more than once a week even though the chance of getting anything you really want from them chests is 0.03% or lower.

(edited by Victuswolf.5286)

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Or it could be, that your opinion may not be 100% in line with how other people feel too.

No, there is just so many changes a lot of the casuals haven’t caught on yet. But the hardcores are all talking about it. The game will be better in a month or 2 when people figure out the new meta on leveling/ranking and making money. I don’t think anyone expects the new metas to be as good as it used to be but atleast it will be the best/fastest ways post HoT release.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

They need to nerf it if it drop to much or we get mass inflation of some items that will be worthless just like leather was before the nerf.

So the prices stop going up but they aren’t going to come down. So instead it will just take longer to grind it out to get things.

TJgalon.5012

blind facebook? lol I do not know what fb is.

Also I am not blind, I gave a reason for some of the things the OP mention. So far from playing, nothing really been bad. I adapt to changes, and yeah, if it was bad maybe I be upset, but there nothing really changed that hurt. In fact, I notice some prices had drop, though thick leather seem to be worth something again.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

It means Fan Boys!!!!! not facebook. LOL!

(edited by Blude.6812)

TJgalon.5012

Oh sorry, but I am not a fan boy, just a player out to have some fun.

TJgalon.5012

Blinded by what? because I don’t show anger like everyone else? It a game, anger is reserve for important things, games while fun, do not need extreme emotions.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Add this to the fact they are now GATING rewards behind Mastery’s and you still have to buy keys using gold on top of that.

Curious, why do you need keys for a Mastery?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Revilrad.1962

Revilrad.1962

OK. Listen.
- Doing CoF over and over and over again without stopping to amass gold, where your
brain is already dead andwa
- Running like idiots in SW to dig for chests, whereas you could do amazing VW event.
- Deliberately scaling up and failing events to spawn champs, creating trains out of this
kitten.
- Killing the Champions spawning at Claw of Jormag to get loot, instead of Dragon
itself.
- Epxloiting your way to end of ARAH or some hard reached Coins, and Selling it on
LFG.
-
-
-
I could count numerous other kitten, gold-farm oriented self called “hardcore” playerbase is doing to utterly destroy every move Anet does to increase playability. Every move anet does to balance rewards and try to broaden the spectrum of stuff to do around tyria, some player comes and kittens in middle of it by creating some “gold/per/minute” exploit, farm.

New thing is now people use endless waves of enemies in CoF to earn mastery points.

There is absolutely nothing, anet can do to make you happy. OK? You are not to satisfy. You just want more gold per hour, I want to play content. You would repeat CoF till you dire out of boredom and blame Anet for not creating engaging content.

If Anet would just increase rewards of new contentm you would shift your farming there and farm till new content is there again. Anet tries to get you out of your disease ridden CoF and encourages you to see the world by taking your toys and you complain.

I suggest anet to give 1mil gold to every whining “hardcore” player so they cna buy the kitten they want and get bored faster and GTFO here.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I know a lot of people are upset about the fractal reward nerf.

TJgalon.5012

Blinded by what? because I don’t show anger like everyone else? It a game, anger is reserve for important things, games while fun, do not need extreme emotions.

Unicorns and Rainbows and Ponys LOL! The expac is PoS—so it should be avoided to get the message across.

As is your right to say, but don’t just blindly pass off my opinion yourself.
This Expansion has put in a lot of new and fun things. Some of the changes are not as bad as made out also. They even improve things I believe. You have to play to earn this, it the nature of the game.

Posted by: Archy.1046

Archy.1046

OK. Listen.
- Doing CoF over and over and over again without stopping to amass gold, where your
- Running like idiots in SW to dig for chests, whereas you could do amazing VW event.
- Deliberately scaling up and failing events to spawn champs, creating trains out of this
kitten.
- Killing the Champions spawning at Claw of Jormag to get loot, instead of Dragon
itself.
- Epxloiting your way to end of ARAH or some hard reached Coins, and Selling it on
LFG.
-
-
-
I could count numerous other kitten, gold-farm oriented self called “hardcore” playerbase is doing to utterly destroy every move Anet does to increase playability. Every move anet does to balance rewards and try to broaden the spectrum of stuff to do around tyria, some player comes and kittens in middle of it by creating some “gold/per/minute” exploit, farm.

New thing is now people use endless waves of enemies in CoF to earn mastery points.

There is absolutely nothing, anet can do to make you happy. OK? You are not to satisfy. You just want more gold per hour, I want to play content. You would repeat CoF till you dire out of boredom and blame Anet for not creating engaging content.

If Anet would just increase rewards of new contentm you would shift your farming there and farm till new content is there again. Anet tries to get you out of your disease ridden CoF and encourages you to see the world by taking your toys and you complain.

I suggest anet to give 1mil gold to every whining “hardcore” player so they cna buy the kitten they want and get bored faster and GTFO here.

This.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

They nerf all the events and gold as well as mat farming.

Then they increase overall costs with precursor crafting trap and making gear harder and more expensive to obtain with items like Damask Patch.

Congrats less gold/mats in the market as well as more expensive items and the white knights are out in force defending these changes.

Also there are no reward seven day 1 of HoT they released a ton of new cash shop items. Dungeons reward less gold so less people running them so new people are unable to collect the 500 shards needed for legendary and are herded into PvP like cattle because Janet only cares about reports and there cash shop. If they wanted to reduce gold they would have needed SW so all counters using economic reasoning are made mute.

(edited by Doam.8305)

Posted by: Verdelet.3812

Verdelet.3812

Anet tries to get you out of your disease ridden CoF and encourages you to see the world by taking your toys and you complain.

You punish by taking away toys. You encourage by making other toys seem more attractive. I’m not a hardcore player but it doesn’t take long to work out that “balancing” by ANet equals “nerf”. So, so many things have been nerfed over the years that these days, I don’t really care anymore and gravitate to whatever’s more profitable. There’s no permanency to anything – it’s just a matter of time before something else is nerfed (as evidenced by the most recent bunch of reward nerfs).

It’s fun to put all the blame on the players themselves rather than looking at the type of environment that has been created as a result of ANet’s past decisions.

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

Legendary items should just randomly drop with a very low drop chance in the hardest content the game has to offer. That way they would actually require skill instead of mindless farming for months.

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

really? i’ve been earning more gold than ever didn’t even notice any of the things you put up

Rococo.8347

I didn’t mean this thread as some sort of Gold Farmers Treatise – im just a lower Middle Class Player in terms of Gold Levels.

I just wanted to point out some facts – facts that in the deluge of information, complaints, counter complaints and game changes may not become apparent straight away – I couldn’t play HoT for the first few days due to excessive lag so it stood out to me.

You shouldn’t need to nerf Vanilla Gameplay to make HoT attractive, HoT if you are going to charge £35 should stand on its own without social engineering…

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Maybe because they want to decrease the amount of gold in circulation?
No really, that’s a good thing.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

All I can say is you have fair points to be sure, but tbh read my signature. :P

Edit: I did not read every reply here so if it has been said before I apologise. But you can also get transmute charges from map completes still. Easy enough to “farm” them if you need by doing city maps on alts and then delete/repeat.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

The salvage nerf became super real to me last night when I used a BLK to salvage an 80 rare and got… 1 mithril.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Victuswolf.5286

Victuswolf.5286

The salvage nerf became super real to me last night when I used a BLK to salvage an 80 rare and got… 1 mithril.

So they nerf dungeons by 66% and nerfed Salvage by 66% and Fractals by 66% (unless you grind the fractal mastery)

I guess they want us to all blow $100’s on gems to get everything now the games free2play.

Free2play ruins another MMO

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Maybe because they want to decrease the amount of gold in circulation?
No really, that’s a good thing.

The major problem with deflation is it’ll make vendor stuff like icy runestones and salvage kits more expensive. If it deflates too much then a master’s salvage kit could become a painful expense. Even the upside, which is you earn more gold per vendor and drop, wouldn’t always be felt since high priced mats and gear like infinite light would keep their initial price tags but due to there being less gold to go around end up being more expensive in a practical sense.

Posted by: Giselah.9724

Giselah.9724

I have been running dungeons, doing world bosses, FotM, I even tried crowbar farming and EotM! And I hate pvp in most games. This one especially. I can’t make even 5g per hour. Perhaps I’m doing it wrong, but I don’t enjoy playing the trading post for money. I just want to be able to craft my ascended gear kitten . I don’t want to get rich. Just give us some way of reliably making a decent income. Challenging, grindy, idgaf. But the push to try to corner us into buying gems is making me regret buying the game.
Micro-transactions are the most poisonous thing you can introduce to gaming. I don’t mind paying for fashion or convenience, but when I feel I have no way to progress in the game at a reasonable speed without spending money on it daily, I stop playing. Please just help me out devs. I want to enjoy your game again.

Posted by: Soupinator.6970

Soupinator.6970

I understand why they’re doing it – there’s too much gold in the economy and they want to cut back on income while they introduce more gold sinks to the game. That’s why the new Halloween shoulder skin Nightfury costs a ludicrous amount of gold to make rather than just being a collection-type item.

I still don’t like it though since it makes playing less fun when it doesn’t feel like I’m being properly rewarded for my time. Even though I made a good 100 gold on that pre-HoT invasion event, it did not feel rewarding since there were no exp reward or loot, just RNG boxes you could buy with the event currency. Fractals don’t feel remotely worthwhile without fractal mastery leveled up and even then I’m not so sure. I hadn’t heard about EoTM being nerfed but that makes me sad. Quick leveling and loot was the only reason to go there.

It’s not just the rewards nerf that’s upsetting though, it’s the seemingly random way it’s implemented. Some events with tons of mob spawns give loot, while others that only spawn a couple groups of 4 enemies give nothing.

I’m really surprised that the Halloween Labyrinth is still providing exp and loot this year.

Posted by: Mereth.9385

Mereth.9385

Too much gold in the economy? You could have fooled me I barely manage to have 100 gold and I haven’t even bought all the faction armor skins that I want. It’s kind of silly that some people buy legendaries with 2000 gold and then there are people like me that don’t even dream of ascended gear because of the amount of materials needed and not enough money to buy them.

GW2 is the first MMO where I just can’t make money, farming Silverwastes is something I just can’t do because it after doing it for a few times it loses all the fun.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think I agree with most of what the OP is saying. Not verbatim, but the general points at least. It’s an absolute shame, the nerfs that they recent did to the core game.

I’m sorry, Anet, but you really should not make the claim that you’re comfortable going free to play because you know people will love the game so much that they will buy it. Then follow up with ripping that core game to shreds so that they really have no choice but to buy it. Its just low.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

OK. Listen.
kitten.
itself.
LFG.
-
-
-

So, the only thing they were able to do was a nerf of rewards. Something like them making NPCs in HOT “challenging” by making them super powerful with god like HPs. Yes, this truly is a case of devs doing their best.

Posted by: Zeloheim.1374

Zeloheim.1374

I always have less than 30gold, is no problem to me, i can do anything with that, no problem. Why so greedy bro, why so focus on gold? Dont make game into a job.

You have businessman strategy, no? you want raise? you want more gold for your work per hour? go cut me orrian tree, i give you good money.

(edited by Zeloheim.1374)

Posted by: Chiry.5432

Chiry.5432

Glad im not the only one noticing this Couldnt quite put my finger on it before but everything seems kitten now -.- I guess its cool for people who alrdy got full asc and leges etc… not so cool for the rest :/

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

Glad im not the only one noticing this Couldnt quite put my finger on it before but everything seems kitten now -.- I guess its cool for people who alrdy got full asc and leges etc… not so cool for the rest :/

Anet says: “Use you gems”.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

ANet closed down dungeon rewards as I suspect they knew they would be farmed for masteries xp and even with diminishing returns it would still bring a lot of new gold into the game. I suspect they delayed Raids release for the same reasons, only for HoT masteries xp.

Legendary crafting and guild hall decoration seen to be new additions to the existing gold sinks, taken to a new level of greed.

Conversely, my usual farming item has doubled in value recently. I know it won’t last long but until the dust settles I fully intend to farm the kitten out of it.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

So, the only thing they were able to do was a nerf of rewards. Something like them making NPCs in HOT “challenging” by making them super powerful with god like HPs. Yes, this truly is a case of devs doing their best.

What? do you even have HoT? :p

hit points is not what makes magus falls challenging..

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

BLTC and your credit card will solve all the problems.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Or you could just like I don’t know, play the game?
Crazy thought here, play the game, pick up loot, sell said loot on the trade post to other players and buy the items you need?
I already made 70g on flax seeds in the last 2 days by selling it. no clue how you guys can circlejerk like this being all toxic and kitten.

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

There is too much gold in the economy, lol, yeah kittening right. Go on gw2efficiency and you’ll see how poor most of the community is.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Why’s everyone saying mats have been nerfed? Ever since HoT, I’ve been getting far more T6’s, and other rarer mats. My guildies noticed a spike too.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Ive noticed a pattern that’s such a blatant reward nerf across the ENTIRE Game in contrast with gem store designers knocking out item after item ( for a cost) that im even less motivated to start HoT than before especially with the time heavy gating mechanics.

1. Dungeons rewards nerfed – by a lot – people told to chill because Fractals are the new Dungeons. – Except that Fractals have been nerfed aswell unless you get the Fractal Mastery just to get the rewards you got BEFORE.

2. EotM rewards nerfed – by a lot – people told to chill because WvW always had bad rewards and now they arnt because EofM has been nerfed down rather than WvW being boosted up! – Incidentally the xp in WvW appears to have been nerfed possibly bags too and liquid xp has gone. The maps are too big and Borderlands is a ghost town.

3. Festivals/events – everyone knows about the Modrem event giving such skimpy currency for such a large time input and coming up against unrealistic prices for items – Halloween is actually almost as bad – only people that have played all previous years will notice and even then they may not but -you can NO LONGER use chattering skulls/nougat that drop in large numbers to buy anything – ALL of the items which now require only candy corn to buy have had their prices inflated from last year – Carlotta pet is at least 3 times the price it was, personalised bags that dropped some of these rare items no longer given out, the items that do drop in the ToT seems to have a very low drop rate. And of course the ‘unfortunate’ ‘bug’ that stops mastery acquisition in Halloween.

4. Salvaging – this looks fairly benign initially, you will be getting less mats from each salvage – but then start thinking about the constant push to allow less and less items actually drop from mobs which completely negates magic find, add in that champ bag farming is one of the few ways to make cash should you need to buy something and suddenly those bags are worth a lot less and the time you spent doing at aswell.

5. Pvp – A smaller issue but when you realise that transmutes can only be bought from the Gem shop if they arnt on tracks anymore…..

5. XP and Progression mechanics – yes I know these arnt rewards – neither should they be but in Hot they have artificially be turned into them – and then promptly ‘nerfed’ by requiring extended grinds of it to access CORE gameplay. Every poart of the gamem as far as I can tell in the last few weeks has been subject to XP nerf – you simply don’t get what you used to and in Hot are blocked from content.

6. Guilds – large guilds arnt as much affected ( apart from the obvious gold sink and gating) small guilds? you are pretty much kittened – many of your upgrades have been taken off you only for you to ‘re earn’ – through a gold and resources grind.

Think about that – you now have to do double or triple the work you did several years ago to get the same rewards or less rewards! – for OLD content – and cant access new content without hitting pay walls or grind walls.

You now have things that you have EARNED in the game taken away from you – Guilds lost a lot of utility for a new mechanic that many small guilds cant even access, Traits was the same all those tomes a waste of gold etc etc.

I can see the argument of creating scarcity for big ticket items like the Ghastly shield ( for a time), but the rest is unacceptable when you notice than in the 3 days since launch they are putting out new outfits, weapons ‘boosters’ – because lets face it you are going to need them now everything has been nerfed…who has the absolute lack of tact to start advertising Gem items when everything has been nerfed in the game int eh space of a couple of weeks?

Ive never seem such a blatant cash grab across ALL aspects of a game – GW2 design appears to be being controlled by some Neo Con Economics Loon – you just got a MASSIVE cash injection be respectful Anet and stop putting all your resourses into finding nefarious skinner boxes to get even more cash out of people or making the game increasingly hard to get any rewards from forcing you into getting ‘help’ through the Gem store.

As much as I may wholeheartedly agree with you, The handwriting has been on the wall for a long time now. gem shop, F2P, loot nerf and gear grind have been a reality for some time now. Heck, they were very transparent about vertical progression it HoT before release. Why complain now? The players made this mess for themselves.

Why did so many pre-purchase even though the game was headed in the wrong direction? (I did not/ will not) Now that they have your money do you think they care?

The bottom line is they sent everyone a loud and clear message of how things were going to be in game. Many players sent them back a message of “Ok fine” by pre-purchasing. Now everyone is unhappy (well not me)

(edited by SHM.7628)

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Too much gold in the economy? You could have fooled me I barely manage to have 100 gold and I haven’t even bought all the faction armor skins that I want. It’s kind of silly that some people buy legendaries with 2000 gold and then there are people like me that don’t even dream of ascended gear because of the amount of materials needed and not enough money to buy them.

GW2 is the first MMO where I just can’t make money, farming Silverwastes is something I just can’t do because it after doing it for a few times it loses all the fun.

If too much gold in the economy is a real problem (I doubt it is) Then they could just solve it in one fell swoop. They can stop selling gold.

Posted by: Chiry.5432

Chiry.5432

If u want to get gold, I suggest u stop doing any of the new content and head to that spooky spoooky halloween labyrinth! 10+ gold per hour easily from there… that is some fun and challenging content right there, it might even give you nightmares!!

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

So much this ^
I feel for ya, bro.

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

Posted by: IPhyton.2348

IPhyton.2348

If u want to get gold, I suggest u stop doing any of the new content and head to that spooky spoooky halloween labyrinth! 10+ gold per hour easily from there… that is some fun and challenging content right there, it might even give you nightmares!!

The current version of the lab is a kitten compared to last year. There’s less loot and ppl willing to even do it. But 10g per hour is huge for the current state of the game though.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

THEY DO NOT WANT TO CURB GOLD IN THE MARKET IF THEY DID THEY WOULD HAVE NERF SW AS WELL AS DT AND OTHER METHODS.

So stop using that excuse the reason has already been stated that they literally wanted to shovel people in raids and fractals. That actualy crub in gold comes in the forms of changes such as the inclusion of Damask Patches. Furthermore with less people running dungeons the legendary weapon gifts become harder to come buy and puts a dampen on the legendary market and all that it drives.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

How to make gold :

1. pick up everything you find on your way, from ores to plants. Put in bank.

2. Loot everything. Salvage everything white-blue-green. Put in bank.

3. Do as many champs as you can when you’re near them, do all events when you’re near them. Loot, see 2.

4. Make your own foods.

5. After a few days : put everything in bank onto TP with sell orders.

Reap. Rince and repeat.

There are oc many other ways, but in order to make a point to Anet, i’d suggest NOT buying any gems for that oh so new and awesome skin (…yet another one….) and tell em to bugger off. Show them you’re unhappy. IF enough ppl do it, they might listen and use their brains. Or not.