Gamescom 2013.

Gamescom 2013.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jamesgrimble.1293

jamesgrimble.1293

Does anyone know if Anet are going to make any special announcement at Gamescom this year. I would really love to so them announce one of their ‘special projects’ that we can’t hear about yet. For one, it would really give some excitment and hype for the players in the game and also it would help maintain the level of excitment people have towards the most recent patch coming ‘The Queens speech’. Obviously this would give some publicity to the game and hopefully attract new players and maybe even bring in the old players which have stopped playing. Anyways, if anyone have any idea if there is going to be any announcement from Anet about Guild wars 2.

Thanks Grimble.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

We won’t have a major presence at Gamescom this year no, though a number of senior staff will be flying out to attend the community party that weekend at Gamescom to meet everyone and share a few beers. Make sure to stop by if you’re there for the show!

Somewhat related, if you’re even thinking of being in the Seattle are this year during PAX: you absolutely will not want to miss our ArenaNet PAX event. Not only will it include our PvP championship live on stage, we’ll have some other reveals you’re not going to want to miss…stay tuned! (and no the reveal is not an expansion!)

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

(and no the reveal is not an expansion!)

Sure dodged the speculation bullet right there.

Really excited to hear what you guys have in store for us though.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

Somewhat related, if you’re even thinking of being in the Seattle are this year during PAX: you absolutely will not want to miss our ArenaNet PAX event. Not only will it include our PvP championship live on stage, we’ll have some other reveals you’re not going to want to miss…stay tuned! (and no the reveal is not an expansion!)

Finally you get to reveal to the world that Necromancers are getting jetpacks. Right?

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Finally you get to reveal to the world that Necromancers are getting jetpacks. Right?

This was so random I cracked up. Made my day, thanks!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

We’ll have some other reveals you’re not going to want to miss…stay tuned! (and no the reveal is not an expansion!)

That sound? That’s the sound of shattered dreams :P

I reckon the reveal is going to be:

• Aniversary sales figures
  • Some sort of massive content reveal (possibly how the current LS ties together)
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

We won’t have a major presence at Gamescom this year no, though a number of senior staff will be flying out to attend the community party that weekend at Gamescom to meet everyone and share a few beers. Make sure to stop by if you’re there for the show!

New skills or something fun, come on!

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

Can you give a little more tease, what it is about for example?

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Stop asking guys. Just wait. Its only 2 weeks away.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Are we there yet?

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

if it will not be GvG System as a WvW players want, then no1 care.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Are we there yet?

”No…”

Are we there yet?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Artiva.5610

Artiva.5610

Tengu and Dominion of Winds???

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

… we’ll have some other reveals you’re not going to want to miss…stay tuned!

Playable Largos and new underwater capital confirmed. Bubbles Imminent.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I have a question in regards to this thread….

…are we there yet?

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

This is Guild Wars 2. You can miss a lot in two weeks.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

LOL well done.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

stay tuned! (and no the reveal is not an expansion!)

Half-life 3 confirmed!

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

“Special ops” team made up by fashion designers was formed. They will be responsible for designing Charr’s new armor line that will be released this fall. You heard it here first.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Half-life 3 confirmed!

I just choked on my drink at this one lol

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Half-life 3 confirmed!

I just choked on my drink at this one lol

+1.

Although I think for all it’s worth revealing hints to more of these unknown updates are at best just more opportunities to bring hype to GW2, which I’m sure many of us are (especially those who’s been around GW2 forum since pre-orders last april) fairly use to seeing by now.

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Njordfinn.4921

Njordfinn.4921

Why don’t you reveal SAB World 2 at Gamescom q.q

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Wor Machien.9657

Wor Machien.9657

Guild Halls, right? They’re announcing Guild Halls…

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

I hope the reveal is a completely reworked combat system. More diversity, kitten redom. Can’t wait!

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Clever !

Deny it here so that it will be that much more of a shock at PAX.

Well played sir, well played.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Clever !

Well played sir, well played.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

As you said – no dragon this year. No new locations this yeah. Not expansion.
A book? A movie? My Little Pony episode?

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Ludwig.4138

Ludwig.4138

I will be making the drive to Gamescom in Köln in a few days. It’s a shame there won’t be any huge GW2 announcements at this one, but I will be looking out for Anet devs if I can find the right community party. Anet is long overdue for my sincerest high five awarded for outstanding achievement in entertainment.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Jasott.7914

Jasott.7914

I see through your reverse physiology Colin! Although expansion could be the next 2-3 months worth of patches.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: bartrentenaar.8674

bartrentenaar.8674

‘(and no the reveal is not an expansion!)’

That basically confirms there will be an expansion, although it may not come soon. It shows that they know that there’s a huge amount of players that demand an expansion. They can’t avoid it if they don’t want lots of people to be dissapointed in the future.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

‘(and no the reveal is not an expansion!)’

That basically confirms there will be an expansion, although it may not come soon. It shows that they know that there’s a huge amount of players that demand an expansion. They can’t avoid it if they don’t want lots of people to be dissapointed in the future.

Sounds logically.
Goes on praying for Elona expansion

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

If it is more quaggan minis I will delete my account, and probably kill a kitten.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Well nothing worth mentioning then. I cant see how “big” this reveal will be. But if it’s big enough I will give you credit where it’s due.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

If it is more quaggan minis I will delete my account, and probably kill a kitten.

If it’s more WvW masteries I’ll burn a kitten shelter or two and then probably delete my account.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: mibsweden.9753

mibsweden.9753

“… we’ll have some other reveals you’re not going to want to miss…stay tuned! (and no the reveal is not an expansion!)

Crossbow for Guardians?

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

either new profession or playable races…callin it now…doubt its a profession…they can’t get the ones they have now balanced

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

either new profession or playable races…callin it now…doubt its a profession…they can’t get the ones they have now balanced

Lol keep dreaming.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

My guess it thet they will boast how their world is unique thanks to LS.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Tengu
15 chars

Gunnar’s Hold

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Gw 2.5 – A Game Redone

/joke

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

lol none of you guys could figure it out.
The age old GW2 question since launch.
Whats Guild Wars 2 without……………………….

GUILDHALLS!

and moving forward……………………

GvG!

Then it will be GuildWars 2.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

GvG!

there will never be gvg*

*gvg as in the game mode that defined gw1

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Priceless.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Not only will it include our PvP championship live on stage, we’ll have some other reveals you’re not going to want to miss…stay tuned! (and no the reveal is not an expansion!)

Cantha? Did someone say Cantha as a Living Story update? No? Well, maybe you should!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: DeViAnT.4781

DeViAnT.4781

Will the event/announcement be broadcast live? I know the championship final will be, but I hope the announcement is too…
And my guess is that it won’t be a new race or profession, but something of an addition to the current way we play. More in the line of WvWvW or general play styles.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

GvG!

there will never be gvg*

You mean the GvG that wasn’t there from the getgo in guild wars 1, is that what defined guild wars 1?, an area of the game not even in the release?.

Though the PvP defined guild wars 1 not “just” GvG, though PvE did get better when Factions came about but PvP was always the more fun of the 2 in Guild wars 1.

Okay, so i REALLY hope it’s either Dervish, some other profession and/or Tengu, or that is the new weapon thing they have talked about.

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I expect that the “reveal” will not be much more than confirmation of things we already knew were in the works. Ascended gear related stuff, etc.

Or new blingy gem-store stuff (this would not surprise me at all as being qualified as a “reveal” by Anet management)

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Gamescom 2013.

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

GvG!

there will never be gvg*

You mean the GvG that wasn’t there from the getgo in guild wars 1, is that what defined guild wars 1?, an area of the game not even in the release?.

what are you smokin man