Gates of Arah the New Lyssa

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

YAY for the next page not displayed bug.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’m still waiting to get banned after someone reported me for “farming/exploiting” anchorage farm.

We farmers should form a union.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Smitty.9432

Smitty.9432

It’s not really an exploit.

The first defense line of any exploiter. So let me get this straight. The definition of an exploit is the following:

You see a strange behavior happening giving you profit beyond what is normal. You observe that you can repeat it. You repeat it to get profit beyond normal. You’re exploiting.

Prove me that you are not using this pattern to the letter in your case and I’ll withdraw that accusation of exploiting.

Ok so everybody that speed runs CoF p1 is, by that definition, exploiting. It’s the same concept. Don’t try and say “oh somebody just found the best team comp that works really well and their pro skills let them finish the dungeon quickly and repeatedly for good profits.” It’s the same exact thing except one is a PvE event and one is a PvE dungeon.

Also idk where you got your definition of exploit from but the gw2 definition is “You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.”
I don’t see anything unnatural or unintended about farming an event for loot, especially when that event is going to be completed in due time.

I’m still waiting to get banned after someone reported me for “farming/exploiting” anchorage farm.

I support this 100%

(edited by Smitty.9432)

Posted by: ash wavekiller.7619

ash wavekiller.7619

i agree with smitty,all speed run COF are exploit too.If anet dont want people farming,plz remove the legendary requirement,and drop the legendaries in world bosses, and remove the all event in GW2.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

You see a strange behavior happening giving you profit beyond what is normal. You observe that you can repeat it. You repeat it to get profit beyond normal. You’re exploiting.
im leading the event to end,we cant repeat it after it done like 2 hours.U will get more profit(loot) when the event scaling to maximum..

you adamantly keep refusing to see the point. Farm all you like, but if someone ends the event by, well, doing it, you have no right to complain. Even if the intervall would be 2 days or 2 weeks.

Algreg.3629

The first defense line of any exploiter. So let me get this straight. The definition of an exploit is the following:

Prove me that you are not using this pattern to the letter in your case and I’ll withdraw that accusation of exploiting.

Ok so everybody that speed runs CoF p1 is, by that definition, exploiting. It’s the same concept. Don’t try and say “oh somebody just found the best team comp that works really well and their pro skills let them finish the dungeon quickly and repeatedly for good profits.” It’s the same exact thing except one is a PvE event and one is a PvE dungeon.

Also idk where you got your definition of exploit from but the gw2 definition is “You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.”
I don’t see anything unnatural or unintended about farming an event for loot, especially when that event is going to be completed in due time.

I support this 100%

yes, but that is beside the point. Stop the strawman, this here is not about exploiting or call it clever maximizing your output, but about farmers wanting to tell other people what to do. Noone can complete your CoF 1 run before you claim your reward, the analogy isn´t anywhere close.

Im Mudbone.1437

I am a solo farmer who farms mainly for materials that is used to help my guild(mats for upgrading WvW siege) and guildies(any other mats they may need) and of course the rares/exotics I may come across(for my benefit). I have no desire for a legendary, so, I’m not farming for that and the money I make from this is very menial and minimal.
You, sir/madame, need to look up ANETs definition of the term exploit.

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Smitty.9432

yes, but that is beside the point. Stop the strawman, this here is not about exploiting or call it clever maximizing your output, but about farmers wanting to tell other people what to do. Noone can complete your CoF 1 run before you claim your reward, the analogy isn´t anywhere close.

You’re the one that took this entire conversation in the direction of exploiting in the first place. I said it before and I’ll say it again, our server/guild/farmers never verbally abuse people wanting to complete the event as fast as possible. We politely ask them to join us in farming and if they choose not to we let it go. Yeah we’re kinda kitten ed off cuz we did all the pre-work and now don’t get to farm, but that’s life. 95% of the time if there’s any verbal abuse it’s coming from the other players themselves and is directed towards us.

You, sir/madame, need to look up ANETs definition of the term exploit.

I posted it about 5 posts up

(edited by Smitty.9432)

ash wavekiller.7619

im not refusing but im sharing idea about the exploit..because to many complainer make gw2 games more harder.like now penintent/shelter event nobody wont do that event now.so i want so say i dont agree with exploit and complainer.they broke this game and make more harder to others people especially new gamers

Algreg.3629

You’re the one that took this entire conversation in the direction of exploiting in the first place. I said it before and I’ll say it again, our server/guild/farmers never verbally abuse people wanting to complete the event as fast as possible. We politely ask them to join us in farming and if they choose not to we let it go. Yeah we’re kinda kitten ed off cuz we did all the pre-work and now don’t get to farm, but that’s life. 95% of the time if there’s any verbal abuse it’s coming from the other players themselves and is directed towards us.

OP started the thread with it and I did not say you did it personally. Of cause, verbal abuse on their part is as despicable and should be met with ignore/block/report just the same.

(edited by Algreg.3629)

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Honestly, people on both sides need to grow up….

No one complaining needs to be stating “Whats best for the community” because none of the name callers want that.

Sure the farmers could not have just moved on to another farming spot…but Anet has made this farming spots harder and harder to find and not replacing them with anything equally rewarding…in the open world…

If the dungeon group really had to do the dungeon on that specific server they simply just had to finish the event and to do their runs….

Now lets look at the facts….Anet has had a personal vendetta with open world farmers, they continue to nerf every spot to the point where mobs will drop zero loot….not exaggerating…some mobs have had their loot tables completely dropped to zero and then there is DR, which seems to kick in very quick sometimes…Dungeons still are a great way to make gold and Anet has not nerfed them to the point you get zero gold.

The dungeon group could have easily guested to another server and ran the dungeon…and let the farmers farm

Now…if I was in the dungeon group and farmers started calling me names, I would have finished the event in spite…and I would have been in the right…period…any farmer that has to avert to name calling deserves to have their farming ruined til the event pops again…

Now…would have the dungeon group just guested if asked politely?

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

“Want to make gold?…
…WvW.”

I lol’d. That’s some funny kitten.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

This is the reason some of the recent farming areas have been nerfed (i.e. lyssa), it is negatively affecting gameplay of some players by abusing a mechanic of the game event. I would not be surprised if Anet uses that exact phrase when the nerf to the loot from the grubs and such get removed from the game.

ash wavekiller.7619

how about spawning the vets and champ?Its hard to kill and bring us to death

Smitty.9432

This is the reason some of the recent farming areas have been nerfed (i.e. lyssa), it is negatively affecting gameplay of some players by abusing a mechanic of the game event. I would not be surprised if Anet uses that exact phrase when the nerf to the loot from the grubs and such get removed from the game.

Yet it’s very different from the Lyssa/Union farm. The thing that was so controversial about that was people could literally stack in 1 spot, the mobs would run to them, everyone would just auto attack and loot the pile of corpses at their feet. At least with this event people are required to be active, run around to tag mobs, actually stay alive, and use skills other than auto attack

Im Mudbone.1437

Sorry Smitty, I was actually replying to Fror.2163 and to anyone else loosely throwing the term exploit around, quoted wrong post.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I’m not using it loosely: you see a weakness in the game, you make profit from it, it’s an exploit. In this case you provoke an event to not end for profit. Is it playing as intended? No: it’s exploiting.

Also I’m not against farming, or even farmers. The line is thin between farming and exploiting. Farming mobs that naturally spawn every X time is ok. Making the mobs spawn every shorter time is not.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I’m not using it loosely: you see a weakness in the game, you make profit from it, it’s an exploit. In this case you provoke an event to not end for profit. Is it playing as intended? No: it’s exploiting.

Also I’m not against farming, or even farmers. The line is thin between farming and exploiting. Farming mobs that naturally spawn every X time is ok. Making the mobs spawn every shorter time is not.

“Not playing as intended” is a very slippery-slope definition of exploiting , I’d be careful with saying that.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Yet it’s very different from the Lyssa/Union farm. The thing that was so controversial about that was people could literally stack in 1 spot, the mobs would run to them, everyone would just auto attack and loot the pile of corpses at their feet. At least with this event people are required to be active, run around to tag mobs, actually stay alive, and use skills other than auto attack

Very different? Depends, I agree there is more ‘play’ involved with may save it from a nerf. However, it still comes down to purposely preventing an event from being completed to maintain the spawning of loot dropping mobs. History has shown Anet does not allow this to remain for long as there are many examples of this being ‘fixed’ in the game already.

Posted by: machine.2859

machine.2859

Ok despite what anyone says you CANNOT change the definition of what your doing.

You are taking an event, one that has a specific goal to KILL the rison and champ, and making it continue on over and over without completing it just so it will give you loot beyond what it was ment to give and in turn halting the progress of other players who wish to complete and move further in the game instead of helping them by completing the event.

THIS IS EXPLOITATION pure and simple because you are NOT doing the event as it was designed.

Farming – what your trying to put off as what your doing, means to gather loot around the world, not sit in one place and exploit an event to make it give you loot.

My opinion: this type of exploitation is no better than botting and should be delt with accordingly and is also very rude to others who are there to play as intended!

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Ok despite what anyone says you CANNOT change the definition of what your doing.

You are taking an event, one that has a specific goal to KILL the rison and champ, and making it continue on over and over without completing it just so it will give you loot beyond what it was ment to give and in turn halting the progress of other players who wish to complete and move further in the game instead of helping them by completing the event.

THIS IS EXPLOITATION pure and simple because you are NOT doing the event as it was designed.

Farming – what your trying to put off as what your doing, means to gather loot around the world, not sit in one place and exploit an event to make it give you loot.

My opinion: this type of exploitation is no better than botting and should be delt with accordingly and is also very rude to others who are there to play as intended!

Equal to botting? Now that’s a little extreme.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Smitty.9432

Most of what you just said is subjective and could be said for around 90% of the methods people use to make gold in this game.

machine.2859

ok, that still does not change the fact, its exploitation. Anet knows this and is dealing with so much because of players taking advantage like this.

Basically you can consider yourself and all those who do the same an indirect cause to all the nerfs and changes being made wether you like to admit it or not, its the truth.

Eventually it will probably be fixed somehow but by that time the exploiters have gotten what they need.

I personally feel that those who do this should be delt with by either temporary bans to give them the chance to play as intended or eventually get banned for good.

Plan and Simple:

PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED OR DON’T PLAY AT ALL!

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

This issue and indeed thread would not exist if ANet had not nerfed other farmspots so hard that people moved away from them to something less timewasting. If there was no need to farm (t6 mats or lodestones, for example) this would also not be an issue.

Some people enjoy farming as an activity in itself rather than as a means to acquire mats etc; fractals and dungeons are nothing but pure farms if you want the associated gear, though people generally tend not to think that way about them.

I suspect that, were it not for farmers (and some may add, bots) there would be a much reduced supply of many items on the TP.

TLDR: This issue is a direct consequence of ANets’ nerfing of popular farming locations and the requirement to farm materials for craftable items.

Amun Ra.6435

Equal to botting? lol…credibility gone…lol.

Vol.5241

That’s nice and all but how do you differentiate between people intentionally farming something versus people who just plain suck at killing stuff? Or how about players who have no clue how to complete the event.

You threaten to report me for intentionally failing or intentionally not completing an event and I’ll just say “durrrrr I’m trying my best, wat do?”

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

I honestly don’t see why everyone is screaming of why farmers are terrible for doing this. It is impossible for the farmers to stop the event from continuing, so if you want to finish it, hey! You have people helping clear the mobs for you while you do the giant. Them farming the mobs while you all do the giant is better than them being somewhere else. Cursing other players in unacceptable of course, but I IHGHLY doubt all of the farmers are screaming profanities while all of the people who want to kill the giant are being saints.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Amun Ra.6435

ok, that still does not change the fact, its exploitation. Anet knows this and is dealing with so much because of players taking advantage like this.

Basically you can consider yourself and all those who do the same an indirect cause to all the nerfs and changes being made wether you like to admit it or not, its the truth.

Eventually it will probably be fixed somehow but by that time the exploiters have gotten what they need.

I personally feel that those who do this should be delt with by either temporary bans to give them the chance to play as intended or eventually get banned for good.

Plan and Simple:

LOL..you can’t really expect people to take you seriously with talk like that…

…banned for doing an event…lol…was having a bad day…thanks for the laugh.

Im Mudbone.1437

<I fit in under this category being a solo farmer never staying in one spot longer than 1 hr due to DR then move on.>

machine.2859

ok, well theres one that don’t actually read anything….

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

Plan and Simple:

You can throw around the term “exploiting” and “play as intended” all you like. It means nothing really, because it is obvious what you are really saying is “play the way I want you to play to maximize my gaming experience.”

That’s what kills me about people who play this game…we could really use more of a “live and let live” philosophy.

If you come to do the Arah event and people are farming the giant, do what you have to do. Kill the giant. People might gripe at you, but they have no right to do so. Just the same as you have no right to complain about other people farming or doing whatever you don’t like.

I guess what I am saying is, if players would mind their own business, and only gripe about things that genuinely affect their gameplay in a negative manner, things would be a lot better. I guess then there would not be many posts on this forum though…

Moot for this event anyway. I’m sure the clock is ticking until a nerf. After which point neither the farming nor the event will be any good.

So good job, complainers!

machine.2859

That’s nice and all but how do you differentiate between people intentionally farming something versus people who just plain suck at killing stuff? Or how about players who have no clue how to complete the event.

You threaten to report me for intentionally failing or intentionally not completing an event and I’ll just say “durrrrr I’m trying my best, wat do?”

Simple..

First the events are posted on your screen telling you “Kill the Rison” “Kill the Giant” and when playing a game its usually common since to kill the red people. Then theres pages of chats of people yelling “DON’T kill him, run to bottom of stairs” ,“let him reset”, “Farm for loot”.

Before making a post here I would suggest actually looking at the evidence people present that show this is an issue.

Amun Ra.6435

ok, well theres one that don’t actually read anything….

Oh I read it…it’s just hilarious, calling for bans and all…

No one is stopping you from completing the event if you are able to do so and feel so passionately about it…plain and simple.

Calling for bans for not being able to do an event or not is just funny…thats all…

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

ArenaNet doesn’t need to nerf the loot for these events. All they really need to do is add a timer to each event in the chain to prevent them from being farmed for hours.

I don’t know why people feel the need to repeatedly farm a single event like this for loot. A great alternative is to start or join a karma train. The timing for events isn’t quite as good as it used to be but it’s still a viable way to get a ton of loot, experience, and karma. If you get a decent number of people to join up (say, 15-20), most events in Cursed Shore will scale up quite a bit, meaning more enemies will appear and more loot will drop. You avoid the potential problems with DR by never staying in the same location for too long, it keeps things fresh by actually having to move around the map, and you get to play through several events.

While this doesn’t necessarily solve the problem of players trying to prevent a large event chain from completing or being rude to those that want to complete it, it’s a viable alternative for those that want to farm. It also doesn’t prevent people from accomplishing what they want to accomplish since it opens up waypoints and locations and it allows people to farm as well.

I often try to lead the Gates of Arah event chain from beginning to end on Ehmry Bay multiple times per week. If there’s interest, I’m willing to lead more karma trains as well. Whatever the case, you shouldn’t need to guest on another server just to unlock a dungeon or do an event chain. I think that’s ridiculous.

If you want to do the events or simply want to unlock the dungeon, I’m more than willing to help organize that. Just drop me a message on here or in-game (see my signature) and we can figure out a time to do that. I’m even willing to guest on your server to help out. I might even be able to rally some of my guild to join us.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

You know, investigating the event sequences, I think it’s bugged – since in theory, if you look at the bars, it makes sense that once the risen presence bar hits zero, the normal mobs that spawn after should be reduced in loot count (maybe drop zero loot since the mobs are newly spawned and not part of the ‘reinforcement count’ shown on the timer) and made substantially weaker as compared to the normal mobs that spawn while risen presence is at >0%.

So IMO this one definitely needs fixing, starting with fixing loot and NPC stat values for the enemies, with stronger and ones that give loot at presence non-zero, and weaker with no stats, but for added taste make them spawn in greater numbers/have random attack sequences/variance in spawns (think plaguebringer, noble, acolyte etc risen mob class) to balance the effect and to drive in that you -really- need to kill that giant ASAP.

Vol.5241

Simple..

First the events are posted on your screen telling you “Kill the Rison” “Kill the Giant” and when playing a game its usually common since to kill the red people. Then theres pages of chats of people yelling “DON’T kill him, run to bottom of stairs” ,“let him reset”, “Farm for loot”.

Before making a post here I would suggest actually looking at the evidence people present that show this is an issue.

“Ohh, you want me to kill that big Risen giant over there?

I’m trying but I’m lagging! I try to hit the big guy but I keep aiming at the other mobs! Oh well. I’ll keep trying to do this until lag goes away"

-20 mins later-

“Nope, still lagging. I think I’m hitting the boss.”

-15 mins later-

“Still lagging”

[Permabanned on Forums]

machine.2859

wow it’s amazing the replys really..

How hard is it to see that when you have 50+ people doing a meta event it should not take more than 10 mins to do and move on. Thats haow it was intended to be played. But no, most of those players are just making the event drag out as much as possible so they don’t have to go all over the world to get the stuff they want.

That called a Lazy player: one who doesn’t want to play as intended but find the easiest way possible to get loot even if it means halting the gameplay of others.

You need alot of people to complete this and for 10 people to want to get past it and go on with their story can’t..

There is one alternative, guest on another server and hope for the best but if your in a guild you don’t get the buffs or influence so there are drawbacks.

But again there should be not point in guesting if theres enough players theres and doing the event, just do it and go find another event to beat.

There are TONS of events all over there world no need to drag a single one on and on cause your too lazy to move to another one!

machine.2859

“Ohh, you want me to kill that big Risen giant over there?

I’m trying but I’m lagging! I try to hit the big guy but I keep aiming at the other mobs! Oh well. I’ll keep trying to do this until lag goes away"

-20 mins later-

“Nope, still lagging. I think I’m hitting the boss.”

-15 mins later-

“Still lagging”

If your that new to the game then why are you at the end of it? you must be doing something your not supose to be if your this far into the game and still don’t know how to do the event….

Zedd.8239

You know, investigating the event sequences, I think it’s bugged – since in theory, if you look at the bars, it makes sense that once the risen presence bar hits zero, the normal mobs that spawn after should be reduced in loot count (maybe drop zero loot since the mobs are newly spawned and not part of the ‘reinforcement count’ shown on the timer) and made substantially weaker as compared to the normal mobs that spawn while risen presence is at >0%.

So IMO this one definitely needs fixing, starting with fixing loot and NPC stat values for the enemies, with stronger and ones that give loot at presence non-zero, and weaker with no stats, but for added taste make them spawn in greater numbers/have random attack sequences/variance in spawns (think plaguebringer, noble, acolyte etc risen mob class) to balance the effect and to drive in that you -really- need to kill that giant ASAP.

I don’t think it’s necessarily bugged. There’s a set amount of risen that spawn that count toward the “risen presence.” Once those are dead, you just have the giant left to kill. However, more risen spawn while the giant is being killed. I suspect this is to keep the event from being too easy for a large number of players and to make it more difficult for extremely small groups of people to complete it.

Whatever the case, if you leave the giant alive and simply focus on the risen that spawn while the giant is still up, you can theoretically farm this event indefinitely, which I think is what people are doing. You don’t get loot from the grubs but you do get loot from the other risen.

As I mentioned above, one way to fix this without destroying the drops would simply be to add a timer that forces people to complete the event in a certain amount of time (perhaps the average completion time plus 5 minutes) or have it fail. This would prevent the indefinite farming situation, encourage people to work together to complete the event, and allow the chain to continue.

Celebratty.1632

wow it’s amazing the replys really..

How hard is it to see that when you have 50+ people doing a meta event it should not take more than 10 mins to do and move on. Thats haow it was intended to be played. But no, most of those players are just making the event drag out as much as possible so they don’t have to go all over the world to get the stuff they want.

That called a Lazy player: one who doesn’t want to play as intended but find the easiest way possible to get loot even if it means halting the gameplay of others.

You need alot of people to complete this and for 10 people to want to get past it and go on with their story can’t..

There is one alternative, guest on another server and hope for the best but if your in a guild you don’t get the buffs or influence so there are drawbacks.

But again there should be not point in guesting if theres enough players theres and doing the event, just do it and go find another event to beat.

There are TONS of events all over there world no need to drag a single one on and on cause your too lazy to move to another one!

What difference is there to the people wanting to do the story? If they weren’t here farming, they were going to be somewhere else, not doing this event.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Zedd.8239

What difference is there to the people wanting to do the story? If they weren’t here farming, they were going to be somewhere else, not doing this event.

They’re talking about people that want to get into Arah to complete their personal story.

Celebratty.1632

They’re talking about people that want to get into Arah to complete their personal story.

Yeah, I know that. But its not like farmers are hindering their progress anymore than they would simply not being there..

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

ANet nerfed pen/shelt and it’s that crowd trying to farm bosses that summon adds. As soon as one is nerfed, they switch to another spot to farm there. They are NOT interested in running around the whole zone and never have, and getting folks to turn out to take temples is always, has always been a pain. At least on my server.

If you take away loot from temple chain tables, you punish the rest of us who do the WHOLE chain for the loot, not access to the dungeon. If steps along that path are nerfed, I may stop going completely, as Arah, Melandru and Grenth are the best chains for loots in Orr now and getting enough people to bother to do them is almost ALWAYS a hassle as it is.

IMO revert the pen/shelt timers. Some folks cannot spam dungeons and the open world IMO should be just as rewarding.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Zedd.8239

If the event chain has been started, Arah becomes contested and you can’t enter the dungeon until the chain has been completed. So if there is a large group of people intentionally trying to drag out the events because they’re farming, it potentially hinders peoples’ progress in the personal story. Even if there are ways around this issue (just bring more people interested in completing the events), you shouldn’t have to compete with other players just to finish your personal story, enter a dungeon, or complete an event chain. The game is supposed to encourage cooperation.

ANet nerfed pen/shelt and it’s that crowd trying to farm bosses that summon adds. As soon as one is nerfed, they switch to another spot to farm there. They are NOT interested in running around the whole zone and never have, and getting folks to turn out to take temples is always, has always been a pain. At least on my server.

I realize that. I was providing an alternative way for people to farm that doesn’t involve standing in one location for hours at a time. Farming the same event for hours isn’t even that smart because of DR.

I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve read comments from people in map or local chat complaining about how boring it is to just stand around and farm a few events. If it’s so boring, why not shake things up a bit by doing a full loop around the area? You almost never waste any time if you time things properly, you help the server by uncontesting waypoints, and you get just as much loot (if not more) as you get from farming a single event over and over again. It seems to come down to laziness pure and simple.

If you take away loot from temple chain tables, you punish the rest of us who do the WHOLE chain for the loot, not access to the dungeon. If steps along that path are nerfed, I may stop going completely, as Arah, Melandru and Grenth are the best chains for loots in Orr now and getting enough people to bother to do them is almost ALWAYS a hassle as it is.

I agree, which is why I suggested adding a timer to the different events in the chains people are farming to death. It would encourage people to actually do the events and it wouldn’t punish people that are legitimately trying to do the chains.

IMO revert the pen/shelt timers. Some folks cannot spam dungeons and the open world IMO should be just as rewarding.

I’d rather see more interesting rewards added for doing a variety of things than farming two events for hours at a time. The achievement point rewards are a fantastic first step.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

Celebratty.1632

I think I get what you’re saying now.
Although I suppose this is a problem, I think certain people are blowing this way out of proportion. Banned for not doing an event? Its just as bad as botting? Hardly so. And I assure you its not out of laziness, because when you can get ~1 charged core every 2 or so hours by running in a circle of grinding mobs, it is much more efficient to farm large hordes of risen and simply buy them. Its not an issue of lazy players, its an issue of very poor loot tables and the domination of CoE/CoF.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I’d rather see more interesting rewards added for doing a variety of things than farming two events for hours at a time. The achievement point rewards are a fantastic first step.

Hopefully the new system they’ll have with champs and such will make folks move around, I guess.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

So, some one mentioned SoS as a server that does it, any others that do it a lot? I’d love to join in the money making!

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

I am on one of the servers that farms this event (or attempts to) and in the guild that is usually responsible for starting it. I realize that for a lot of people it seems unfair that we ask them not to kill the giant, which in turn delays the opening of the Arah dungeon, but you need to take a minute to look at it from our perspective as well.

We’re a huge PvE guild that focuses on group activities. We were a large part of the other significant farm locations (Union, etc). Time and time again we’ve seen every viable farm location nerfed into the ground, leaving only CoF and CoE as steady sources of gold farming. And really, who wants to run one of those dungeons for the thousandth time?

So what do we do? We look for events such as this one that have high amounts of mobs to kill which drop good loot (bags, t6, rares, etc). When we find one we get our entire guild together, run the event through its pre-event chain, and start farming.

Unfortunately this event shows up on the gw2stuff world boss list for the High Wizard. So what happens is our guild puts a good hour into the pre events to start the farming, then as soon as it appears on the site tons of randoms show up to get their daily loot chest. They start auto attacking the giant and we kindly ask them to stop and farm with us for awhile or simply hop to another server if they’re looking to do Arah. But no, they instead tell us to kitten off and continue killing the giant.

So it goes both ways. We realize that this event more than likely isn’t meant to be farmed and that people want to complete it. But at the same time we’re the ones putting all the work into setting it up for us and others who want to farm. The giant will die in time from the NPCs attacking it, stray AOEs, and so on. Just give us our hour or two of farming before that happens

even if your guild start the event you don’t have any rights to stop people that want to complete it, and even worse let them die and shout names at them if they do,
you know what? if i were one of the people you let die in order to keep farming i would call up my entire alliance just to shut you down.
i’m not against farm, you can kill mobs around not exploiting events in order to do so, because this have only one consequence, the loot on this event will be stopped for everyone and only because of you that don’t have any measure of common sense.
if you weren’t all that greedy we could do so many events chains with so much loot in all the maps, but we can’t because you never have enough and you are to lazy to change run from one event to another, you just want the endless one.
this ruin the game fro every single player and this game has no more loot because of this.
you brought it on yourself!!

they should ban all of you and put the game loot as it was for the people that actually enjoy the events and don’t fail them on purpose!!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Celebratty.1632

I am on one of the servers that farms this event (or attempts to) and in the guild that is usually responsible for starting it. I realize that for a lot of people it seems unfair that we ask them not to kill the giant, which in turn delays the opening of the Arah dungeon, but you need to take a minute to look at it from our perspective as well.

We’re a huge PvE guild that focuses on group activities. We were a large part of the other significant farm locations (Union, etc). Time and time again we’ve seen every viable farm location nerfed into the ground, leaving only CoF and CoE as steady sources of gold farming. And really, who wants to run one of those dungeons for the thousandth time?

So what do we do? We look for events such as this one that have high amounts of mobs to kill which drop good loot (bags, t6, rares, etc). When we find one we get our entire guild together, run the event through its pre-event chain, and start farming.

Unfortunately this event shows up on the gw2stuff world boss list for the High Wizard. So what happens is our guild puts a good hour into the pre events to start the farming, then as soon as it appears on the site tons of randoms show up to get their daily loot chest. They start auto attacking the giant and we kindly ask them to stop and farm with us for awhile or simply hop to another server if they’re looking to do Arah. But no, they instead tell us to kitten off and continue killing the giant.

So it goes both ways. We realize that this event more than likely isn’t meant to be farmed and that people want to complete it. But at the same time we’re the ones putting all the work into setting it up for us and others who want to farm. The giant will die in time from the NPCs attacking it, stray AOEs, and so on. Just give us our hour or two of farming before that happens

even if your guild start the event you don’t have any rights to stop people that want to complete it, and even worse let them die and shout names at them if they do,
you know what? if i were one of the people you let die in order to keep farming i would call up my entire alliance just to shut you down.
i’m not against farm, you can kill mobs around not exploiting events in order to do so, because this have only one consequence, the loot on this event will be stopped for everyone and only because of you that don’t have any measure of common sense.
if you weren’t all that greedy we could do so many events chains with so much loot in all the maps, but we can’t because you never have enough and you are to lazy to change run from one event to another, you just want the endless one.
this ruin the game fro every single player and this game has no more loot because of this.

they should ban all of you and put the game loot as it was for the people that actually enjoy the events and don’t fail them on purpose!!

Did…. did you even read that?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Smitty.9432

Did you even read what I said?

And to address some of your other points, we do res anyone who gets killed by the giant even if they’re the ones telling us to kitten off and are killing it. We’re not there to be kittenbags. We’re just trying to make some money. We also do every temple event whenever they are up (mainly the Balthazar chain, grenth, and melandru.) We only farm Gates of arah when the others are on cooldown. Basically, we are much more active and helpful to our server than you will ever know. In fact most of the temple and world boss events on our server would take MUCH longer if not fail without our presence.