Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

The thread is still here, its just being heavily reviewed since there is alot of hard core debates. You can still post, but you have to be logged off, to view the thread now.

Edit: Whenever a Forum Moderator is viewing or changing something in a thread.

(edited by Shadowlancer.7102)

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This is some bad reading comprehension. They were saying that players STARTED on legendaries way before they expected, not that people HAVE legendaries before expected.

It is true that for a casual gamer (that I consider myself) getting exotics is too easy and getting legendary is way too hard. I have mostly exotics and it will be a short time till I’m fully in exotics (maybe a week or two more). After that, I’ll play WvW a lot, then I’ll probably go for 100% completion, and maybe roll some alts. But I guarantee you my gaming time will decrease.

I’m okay with this and I feel like I have gotten all of my money worth and then some. I also don’t plan to stop playing any time sooner. However I’m completely for higher gear. It gives me something to strive for and a goal to have when I log on.

RIP in peace Robert

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Ethics.4519

You have some good points, however what Arenanet wanted to do with “Legendaries” was make that a goal for casuals to look up to, but because of the Hard-Core players, we have all seen the pictures and videos with via descriptions of what all those Legendaries are. So in a way the Hard-Core players spoiled the idea of a Legendary.

Buffing a Legendary to go with this bad idea of “Gear Score”, which is in term is another bad idea, to preserve the Legendary’s philosophy, is the wrong way to proceed this.

Exotics were always meant to be easy to get, via tradeskills, tradepost, dungeons, WvWvW, or by other means. This was purposely done to make sure no one falls behind at any time and be allowed to play with their friends.

Also the other things you suggested, that was the point in Arenanet’s philosophy “Making other things as progression for end game.” Simply put, offering different kinds of end game content, not just one path. When you run out of things to do, they add more content.

“Gear Score”, however does not follow the motto of “Progression”.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Shadowlancer.7102

If gear score were important, it would already exist.

That’s why half of the community is fighting now against what was suggested in “Lost Shores” patch.

If we lose this fight, so ends this game on any future.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

people dont read lol, the gear will only be needed “in the new dungeon”

That doesn’t remedy the situation with regards to running that dungeon: people are still going to kick based upon “not having Ascended gear” bs.

Have fun if you aren’t in a guild lol.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: utildai.5319

utildai.5319

I think what he is trying to say is the gear is ’’required’’ to complete the new dungeon being added. This takes away from casual game play and adds a required gear grind to get ‘’certain stats’’ which in essence is a gear score of sorts.

Which, is what Anet said they were staying away from, at some point…

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Shadowlancer.7102

I think what he is trying to say is the gear is ’’required’’ to complete the new dungeon being added. This takes away from casual game play and adds a required gear grind to get ‘’certain stats’’ which in essence is a gear score of sorts.

Which, is what Anet said they were staying away from, at some point…

Alot of us, don’t mind the situation as long as any of the new gear could not be used outside the dungeon to affect the rest of Tyria. In example, if the new gear looks could only leave the dungeon area, that’s fine.

Then it would had been an argument about the Legendary Weapon issue affecting Tyria.

However this isn’t the case, and has caused an uproar.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Adding gear treadmills will kill this game faster than you can say “gear treadmills are garbage lazy game design that only appease braindead knuckledraggers”.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Saidor.7028

Saidor.7028

Oh dear, if this game is going to get gear obsessed like wow they may as well pull the plug now. I hate gear score scumbags.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

And it affects the rest of the game. Thus it becomes needed in all aspects of the game.

Other dungeons don’t use the new agony mechanic
which is what ascended gear mitigates

so no. its not needed for all aspects of the game

Ascended gear does not mitigate the new Agony debuff. Only slotted Ascended gear does. Thus giving us a double grind. Grind once for the gear and again for the slots to survive. Those not interested in the harder parts of this new instance should only have to do the first grind.

However, the stat increase is overall – including the standard socket that comes in (crafted) accessories. Thus the stat increase is desired (read not needed). Considering you can do everything up to this point (and from what’s been told up to the harder stages of the new dungeon) in Masterwork or worse gear.

I have no problem with the stat increase and another tier of gear (rarity in this game is the tier system). People already ask for full Exotics and “full experience”. There is no way to change this. This is done by the players and not the devs. The only way to stop it would be to only ever have one type of armor, ever.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Chilling.5370

Chilling.5370

I’m ultra hardcore, but this mod will only bring ruin to the whole community.

Ditto, multiple sets of exotics? check. Legendary? check. Still opposed to stat progression.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

if a gear has even +1 stat it means everyone in wvw will need/want it even if pve isn’t their thing. The infusion slot has little to do with it.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

This is some bad reading comprehension. They were saying that players STARTED on legendaries way before they expected, not that people HAVE legendaries before expected.

It is true that for a casual gamer (that I consider myself) getting exotics is too easy and getting legendary is way too hard. I have mostly exotics and it will be a short time till I’m fully in exotics (maybe a week or two more). After that, I’ll play WvW a lot, then I’ll probably go for 100% completion, and maybe roll some alts. But I guarantee you my gaming time will decrease.

I’m okay with this and I feel like I have gotten all of my money worth and then some. I also don’t plan to stop playing any time sooner. However I’m completely for higher gear. It gives me something to strive for and a goal to have when I log on.

The only thing you care about is the gear. You aren’t logging on because you truly enjoy playing the game, you consider gear your content. That’s not what this game is (or was). I don’t see obtaining a legendary after three months as casual. That’s quite a large amount of play time and an incredible amount of farming.

It’s OK for gaming time to decrease. That’s normal. That’s to be expected. I thought that was why we got content updates (not tier updates) and expansions, but apparently not. Apparently we are supposed to grind gear to keep us occupied. I have played hard core (several hours a day almost every day since launch) and I didn’t make a legendary my goal. I run dungeons, I WvW, I have several alts. I have so much content to complete it’s overwhelming. This new tier simply puts all my alts further way from being geared to enjoy all content, it devalues the gear (and the transmutation stones I paid money to obtain and use on suddenly second class gear) I worked hard to obtain under the premise this was max. Moving the goal line because I reached it was a garbage decision.

There is plenty of content to play, I have no idea what problem Linsey is talking about in her post because I’m not experiencing it and neither are the people in my guild. We do see a problem with new tiers.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: ZaiTh.6378

ZaiTh.6378

More gear progression is the only way this game will last.

100% Correct. People keep throwing the 1% value around but you are incredibly mistaken. Some people have more time that they can accomplish things faster. Everyone’s play time is “their” play time. Everyone has different goals and wants to achieve them. I really don’t like the verbage thrown around about hurrying through content and not enjoying the game. Again everyone is different and we all enjoy different things “differently” So many people are crying about being left behind or unable to do dungeons because their gear is so bad. How are you going to get left behind? How is it you dont already have a master crafter, how is it you dont have a full set of exotic or close to already?

I can understand how people can be quite rude about allowing people in their group and throwing the gear score around, I truly do but at the same time are you already joining dungeon groups wearing master gear? If so shame on you.

No one is arguing that the game has the potential to be the very Best MMO created but not having any progression whatsoever will absolutely kill the game. I believe that Anet now see’s this and is going to do what ever they can to stop the flood of people leaving. The game is out 2 months and they are already allowing friends to play via trial. That is a bad sign no matter how you spin it.

Yes I have a love/hate relationship with this game lol.

Tranzik 80 Mesmer (Stormbluff Isle)
400 Tailor/400 Weaponsmith
I beat the Game in less than 2 Months.

(edited by ZaiTh.6378)

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

There is plenty of content to play, I have no idea what problem Linsey is talking about in her post because I’m not experiencing it and neither are the people in my guild. We do see a problem with new tiers.

This.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Skarecrow.7892

Skarecrow.7892

The only thing you care about is the gear. You aren’t logging on because you truly enjoy playing the game, you consider gear your content. That’s not what this game is (or was). I don’t see obtaining a legendary after three months as casual. That’s quite a large amount of play time and an incredible amount of farming.

It’s OK for gaming time to decrease. That’s normal. That’s to be expected. I thought that was why we got content updates (not tier updates) and expansions, but apparently not. Apparently we are supposed to grind gear to keep us occupied. I have played hard core (several hours a day almost every day since launch) and I didn’t make a legendary my goal. I run dungeons, I WvW, I have several alts. I have so much content to complete it’s overwhelming. This new tier simply puts all my alts further way from being geared to enjoy all content, it devalues the gear (and the transmutation stones I paid money to obtain and use on suddenly second class gear) I worked hard to obtain under the premise this was max. Moving the goal line because I reached it was a garbage decision.

This right here is perfect. I also thought I had goals with my alts (and my main) but turns out Anet went back on their manifesto and really makes me feel like I am wasting my time playing this game now.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

ZaiTh.6378

Because like many others you look at this from only your perspective. Read my post above. If you like creating alts and playing them more slowly than someone who play’s maybe only 1 or 2 toons, who really cares? You keep using content as the chopping block of your opinion but now you will have more content for all of your alts. Are you upset that you have to do too much? I honestly dont see your point.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Skarecrow.7892

Skarecrow.7892

100% Correct. People keep throwing the 1% value around but you are incredibly mistaken. Some people have more time that they can accomplish things faster. Everyone’s play time is “their” play time. Everyone has different goals and wants to achieve them. I really don’t like the verbage thrown around about hurrying through content and not enjoying the game. Again everyone is different and we all enjoy different things “differently” So many people are crying about being left behind or unable to do dungeons because their gear is so bad. How are you going to get left behind? How is it you dont already have a master crafter, how is it you dont have a full set of exotic or close to already?

I can understand how people can be quite rude about allowing people in their group and throwing the gear score around, I truly do but at the same time are you already joining dungeon groups wearing master gear? If so shame on you.

No one is arguing that the game has the potential to be the very Best MMO created but not having any progression whatsoever will absolutely kill the game. I believe that Anet now see’s this and is going to do what ever they can to stop the flood of people leaving. The game is out 2 months and they are already allowing friends to play via trial. That is a bad sign no matter how you spin it.

Thing is, they promised that this game was not going to have that. After the new tier of gear comes out and you “beat” that, then what? Another new tier? You might as well go back to WoW.. they have that perfected. Anet promised a different experience, too bad they are starting to listen to the WoW kiddies and going down this path… it will not end well.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

ZaiTh.6378

This right here is perfect. I also thought I had goals with my alts (and my main) but turns out Anet went back on their manifesto and really makes me feel like I am wasting my time playing this game now.

Never buy into that. I made that same mistake before and felt cheated. Games are an open book with a lot of empty pages. The ending will never be determined by what is written in the beginning.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Aevitas.4503

Aevitas.4503

They should just have added ascended runes which mitgrate that agony instead of whole new gearpieces…

Too late for that now, though.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

ZaiTh.6378

Thing is, they promised that this game was not going to have that. After the new tier of gear comes out and you “beat” that, then what? Another new tier? You might as well go back to WoW.. they have that perfected. Anet promised a different experience, too bad they are starting to listen to the WoW kiddies and going down this path… it will not end well.

I tried Wow and could not get past the horrible Fisher Price Graphics. Can I say it was a horrible game? No I can’t because their revenue supports the opposite. I have played multiple MMo’s since EQ1 in 1998 and have participated in 90% of every Beta for MMo’s since then. For people it is hard to go against their first true love =/

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Quote: " We have always worked hard to create a sense of satisfying progression rather than gear grind … " – Linsey Murdock

Comment: A lot of players will disagree about this since you just admitted in the quote above about “long term goal”, thus again you are leaning towards people that are grinding “Guild Wars 2” rather than enjoying it. Also the people that has these Legendarys, by no means obtained them by normal means.

The way I read “long term goal” isn’ about grindin’, but instead pickin’ up the stuff ta do it along the way – ah bit here, ah bit there – might take ya a year ta get it all done. I don’ think they were expectin’ people ta come at it with the grind in mind an’ try ta get it in a month or two. So, I think, they’re tryin’ ta put somethin’ else in there what feels like a gear progression without the grind that legendaries make ya do. I’mma little worried about gear creep, too, but I’m not gonna start shoutin’ about the game bein’ destroyed over somethin’ I ain’ even seen yet.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

ZaiTh.6378

lol nice sig Jack. I think you are also 100% correct. We are Gaming Monsters and have to be fed. Even if you spend 5 years on your MMo Recipe and make what you think is a perfect batch 2nd to none, some will eat all of your cookies in 2 months and ask for seconds.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

80 levels of vertical progression then told to go collect skins is a harder transition to make than 80 levels of vertical progression (solo questing) and then being told to go and do gear progression in a dungeon. Hence the problem. I’m not saying the transition is impossible but I’m pretty sure lots of people are failing at it. I think Arenanet has waited to see the data from the game before coming up with a rewards plan. They waited to see what people were doing and what they were asking for. They built a game though that creates a progressive mind set. 80 levels. It’s not surprising that one of things the data is showing is a need for some kind of post 80 gear progression, something other than skins and titles. I think this is going to be a very mild form of gear progression and I’m happy with it. I like gear progression except when it’s too much. This doesn’t seem too much, it seems just right.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

[It’s such a bad idea to design a game around the 1% that will be super hardcore that are going to eat through your content in a week and then get bored, every kitten time. Blizzard and Trion have already run into this problem – why does ANet feel the need to alienate their core playerbase for a few hardcore players that aren’t going to change their habits no matter what you do?

So spot on there are always going to be the 1% that blow through/past content say they have finished then whine “im BORED” do some thing about it.
you cant fix them add all the content you like new gear etc and they will still blow through/past it in a week and whine “im BORED”

In buissiness 90% of your problems come from 10% of your customers, if you spend all your time trying to please those that actually dont like the game rather than the 90% who enjoy it as presented then you loose everyone.

GW2 was going to be different “fix” all the mistakes the other mmo’s made it seems that vision lasted all of 3 months

Ulfar SOR

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

[It’s such a bad idea to design a game around the 1% that will be super hardcore that are going to eat through your content in a week and then get bored, every kitten time. Blizzard and Trion have already run into this problem – why does ANet feel the need to alienate their core playerbase for a few hardcore players that aren’t going to change their habits no matter what you do?

So spot on there are always going to be the 1% that blow through/past content say they have finished then whine “im BORED” do some thing about it.
you cant fix them add all the content you like new gear etc and they will still blow through/past it in a week and whine “im BORED”

In buissiness 90% of your problems come from 10% of your customers, if you spend all your time trying to please those that actually dont like the game rather than the 90% who enjoy it as presented then you loose everyone.

GW2 was going to be different “fix” all the mistakes the other mmo’s made it seems that vision lasted all of 3 months

Honestly, I felt like instead of “fixing” the “mistakes” (whether they were mistakes in the first place is questionable in my opinion), they just simply cut out features present in other MMO’s. I personally got bored because thats what GW2 lacked for me: Features, like Guild Halls, GvG, player housing, character development choices. These things are necessary for a game’s longevity. It looks like ArenaNet is realising it now, and instead of going for the root of the problem, they’re responding in their (unfortunately) usual kneejerk-reaction way and applying half-baked fixes. I’m not opposed to gear progression in any way – but the way ArenaNet implemented it does not flow well with the rest of the game.

Speaking of not flowing well, I get that feeling about the entire game. Everything feels compartmentalized. Here’s the separate WvW map. Here’s the separate sPvP mode. Here is the PvE map. You can warp randomly around it anytime you want. The game does not feel “organic”. It does not feel like a unified product. This new “endgame” mode doesn’t help elevate that feeling.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

And it affects the rest of the game. Thus it becomes needed in all aspects of the game.

They have more stats then exotics AND infusion.
They will boost your character AND help in the new dungeon.
They will be a must have for everything AND a must have for the new dungeon for mitigations.

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

They will be a must have for everything AND a must have for the new dungeon for mitigations.

You don’t even need exotics for current dungeons.

So you’re wrong.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

You don’t even need exotics for current dungeons.

So you’re wrong.

I see you dont play WvW. Try it sometime and tell me there isnt a big difference between getting jumped by a Thief in exotics while you are in masterwork, and being jumped when you are also in full exotics.

Gear matters in WvW. And with the current stat distribution im looking at quite a bit more stats from ascended gear. Which leave me with really only 1 choice if i want to remain competitive in WvW. I MUST get that gear. If i dont then in a month i’ll be outgunned almost all the time.

Also i am really looking forward to those glasscannon builds that get even more +critdmg. As if 15k crits werent bad enough, why not 18k? Also the gap between a fresh player and a seasoned player will become even more significant. Rewarding timespend with power, and not rewarding skill.

So dont tell me it doesnt matter, because the way things are looking now i have to grind content i normally dont do (because i just dont enjoy it that much) in order to get the gear to keep enjoying the content i do (and like). And if their hinting at what a lot of people are afraid of, it looks i have to grind another set in the next 3-6months. And another, and another, and another.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Did you even see the screenshot in the blog and do some basic math?

If you want to be competitive anywhere in this game you will be using ascended gear.

This change is implementing a gear grind for PvPers, which notoriously hate this kind of kitten.

Also this game was marketed as a PvP game, why the hell would any sane developer think putting a gear treadmill into a PvP game is a good idea.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

I tried Wow and could not get past the horrible Fisher Price Graphics. Can I say it was a horrible game? No I can’t because their revenue supports the opposite. I have played multiple MMo’s since EQ1 in 1998 and have participated in 90% of every Beta for MMo’s since then. For people it is hard to go against their first true love =/

If you like the treadmill but perfer better graphics with a better class system Rift was actually a decent game for such. The main problem people have is if you add treadmill to a game you infact force people into it or they become useless and feel like lesser players which actually ruins the game as most players do not enjoy treadmill’s. Thats where the problem is. I as well have played in most of the beta’s since i started playing mmo’s and this is the first since my first mmo that i had that same feeling of oh wow this is awesome. That was because of the sole fact that i dident have to keep grinding gear to stay relevant and could go off helping my friends who dont play as much as me or i could do other things when i needed a change. This is the feelings a lot of players are running into now. This is why were in such a rage. ANet went 7-8 years with GW1 without increasing level or stats. That kind of game can still survive. To be honest maybe 10% of the player base actually comes to the forum’s because the other 90% actually are in game enjoying it.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

ZaiTh.6378

If you like the treadmill but perfer better graphics with a better class system Rift was actually a decent game for such. The main problem people have is if you add treadmill to a game you infact force people into it or they become useless and feel like lesser players which actually ruins the game as most players do not enjoy treadmill’s. Thats where the problem is. I as well have played in most of the beta’s since i started playing mmo’s and this is the first since my first mmo that i had that same feeling of oh wow this is awesome. That was because of the sole fact that i dident have to keep grinding gear to stay relevant and could go off helping my friends who dont play as much as me or i could do other things when i needed a change. This is the feelings a lot of players are running into now. This is why were in such a rage. ANet went 7-8 years with GW1 without increasing level or stats. That kind of game can still survive. To be honest maybe 10% of the player base actually comes to the forum’s because the other 90% actually are in game enjoying it.

I am Playing a lil bit of Rift but that game has some issues as well.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

Gear is only needed for the new dungeon when you get into the harder parts. /topic

And WvW /topic.

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

So this is a not about Ascended Gear, but it is talking about Ascended Gear?

God I feel so betrayed.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Tyrfang.1709

Tyrfang.1709

Gear is only needed for the new dungeon when you get into the harder parts. /topic

Isn’t that the worst part about it? You have to do something unrelated to be able to experience new content…

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

They need to add to the definition of “casualize”

Casualization – The steady cheapening of video game design over time due to the increasing popularity of the pass-time and subsequent necessity of developers to cater to the fickle, selfish, “busy” masses.

I miss the good old days of gaming…

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Vexrm.6134

Vexrm.6134

I think folks are missing a key part here. Yes, the items have better stats, but the stats are set. If you slotted sigil or rune into an item that matched the item’s main stats it would come close (or better) to an ascended. At least that’s what it looks like from the example provided.

On top of that, it seems you won’t be able to get different rune set bonuses. I know quite a few people that would see the bonus as better.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Songer.3849

Songer.3849

So you’re complaining that the “hardcore” players will have an unfair advantage in WvW. You also state that 1% of players are hardcore and own legendary weapons. You’re worried about getting owned by 1% of the WvW community? Stop complaining.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

SiNoS.2147

I am Playing a lil bit of Rift but that game has some issues as well.

Thats true. But then again what game doesent have its issues. Over all if i was looking for a game with gear grind though rift would be my personal choice. But i like its class system and when last i played there wasent really an i win button.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Shadowlancer.7102

I am not sure why this thread continues, according to the quote below, all decisions are final by Arenanet. There is no reason to keep on debating our concerns.

Chris Whiteside-Studio Design Director:

“I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.

Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Actually – it’ll make people question why they play this over what they played before that had the same.
And many PvP/RvRers will move on to something else because they’ve never been fond of PvE gear making it into PvP and let alone PvE progression playing a part.

It’s just the beginning. Now all following dungeons will likely require Acsended (or the next) and we’ll likely see new tiers of gear regularly. Maybe not ‘every 3rd month’ – but perhaps every second or fourth.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

So graphics is the actualy point, and creepy treadmills aren’t anywhere near important? I’m playing a graphics, not a game? Well then, let’s uninstall.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

So graphics is the actualy point, and creepy treadmills aren’t anywhere near important? I’m playing a graphics, not a game? Well then, let’s uninstall.

Well let’s be real, WoW does look like garbage and it does turn off a lot of people because of that. And the devs keep putting appearance on the back burner, it’s a fair reason to not want to play the game over.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

Quote: "… we have found that our most dedicated players were achieving their set of Exotic gear and hitting “the Legendary wall.” We designed the process of getting Legendary gear to be a long term goal, but players were ready to start on that path much sooner than we expected and were becoming frustrated … " – Linsey Murdock

Comment: You do realize that using Hard Core Players, the very few 1% that owns Legendarys, as a idea player base for judgement and conclusions about gear progress, does not make up for the casual base and thus, hint #1 Player gap.

I think you may be misinterpreting the “legendary wall”. The problem seems to be that character growth is quite fast (most players can get full exotics in under a month). After getting full exotics, character progression turns into a grindfest for legendary mats. That’s why they called it the “legendary wall”.

I think the Ascended gear is an attempt to lengthen the time to achieve that last tier of gear so that players aren’t just griding for legendaries. I feel ANet should have taken progression on a more horizontal route, but slow and cautious vertical gear progression is a decent compromise.

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

SiNoS.2147

Quote: "… we have found that our most dedicated players were achieving their set of Exotic gear and hitting “the Legendary wall.” We designed the process of getting Legendary gear to be a long term goal, but players were ready to start on that path much sooner than we expected and were becoming frustrated … " – Linsey Murdock

Comment: You do realize that using Hard Core Players, the very few 1% that owns Legendarys, as a idea player base for judgement and conclusions about gear progress, does not make up for the casual base and thus, hint #1 Player gap.

I think you may be misinterpreting the “legendary wall”. The problem seems to be that character growth is quite fast (most players can get full exotics in under a month). After getting full exotics, character progression turns into a grindfest for legendary mats. That’s why they called it the “legendary wall”.

I think the Ascended gear is an attempt to lengthen the time to achieve that last tier of gear so that players aren’t just griding for legendaries. I feel ANet should have taken progression on a more horizontal route, but slow and cautious vertical gear progression is a decent compromise.

Thing is there is no vertical progression in going to legendary tier. Hince is why ascended tier gear stats make no sense.

(edited by SiNoS.2147)

Gear Score 1.0 *sigh*

ZaiTh.6378

An MMO is just like a woman. The first thing is the looks, then you have to get to know them. If they are shallow or unintelligent no matter how beautiful they are, it will never go anywhere. If they are beautiful, deep and share my interests, then it could be a great love affair.

With my comment about Wow – I hated the appearance but yeah there was a lot of great features but it did not grab me. I want the whole package. GW2 is beautiful and has the potential to be a great date but when we go to dinner, GW2 orders a salad and the conversation is dull and boring.