Gem Store Armor

Gem Store Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mausi.4873

mausi.4873

Q:

No idea if this is in the correct part of the forums (sorry if not), but i’d like to know if once you buy a set of armor on the gem store, if you unlock it for the account or just one time…say if i transmute something else over the skin i bought, will that skin be lost? do i have to buy it again or can i aquire it again by clicking a button, like the achievement skins?

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

A:

It’s one time use. But you can re-use it with a transmutation stone.

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I believe it’s a one-time skin, though by using transmutation stones/crystals you can transfer the look to another item if you want to.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The gem store armor is single use only. If you want to reuse it, you’ll need transmutation crystals (or stones if your armor is below level 80).

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

No idea if this is in the correct part of the forums (sorry if not), but i’d like to know if once you buy a set of armor on the gem store, if you unlock it for the account or just one time…say if i transmute something else over the skin i bought, will that skin be lost? do i have to buy it again or can i aquire it again by clicking a button, like the achievement skins?

One time use, and once the skin is applied, it is spent. The only way to get it back is by using transmutation splitters (one splitter for every iteration i think) or re-buying it from the gem store…unless it’s the original flamekissed one, then you’re just sol with the rest of us.

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

One time use, and once the skin is applied, it is spent. The only way to get it back is by using transmutation splitters (one splitter for every iteration i think) or re-buying it from the gem store…unless it’s the original flamekissed one, then you’re just sol with the rest of us.

Unfortunately, splitters do not return skin items. If you have an item that had a skin applied to it and you use a splitter on it…you lose the skin. Sad, huh.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Unfortunately, splitters do not return skin items. If you have an item that had a skin applied to it and you use a splitter on it…you lose the skin. Sad, huh.

Uhhh….

One time I split an exotic berserker staff with a dragon’s Jade skin on it. I got the skin back (as a statless item that requires transmutation, but still a skin similar to old fractal weapons) the sigil and a crafted berserker staff (soulbound).

From what I understand is that if the skin itself is a rare quality or higher it will come back as a skin skin, and other wise you get the statless item as a skin.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: mausi.4873

mausi.4873

kitten , guess my krytan armor is gone then lol

thanks guys

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Uhhh….

One time I split an exotic berserker staff with a dragon’s Jade skin on it. I got the skin back (as a statless item that requires transmutation, but still a skin similar to old fractal weapons) the sigil and a crafted berserker staff (soulbound).

From what I understand is that if the skin itself is a rare quality or higher it will come back as a skin skin, and other wise you get the statless item as a skin.

Oh, I’m quite shocked to hear that they finally got around to fixing it. It had been a commonly reported issue in the bugs forum almost every day since the splitters were introduced. Thanks for informing me of that.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Gem Store Armor

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

kitten , guess my krytan armor is gone then lol

thanks guys

You can try to contact support and see if they can restore the item with your krytan armor, or maybe give you the skin again. It’s worth a try.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!