[Gem Store] Digital Deluxe Upgrade?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

First off, I noticed the Black Lion’s subforum seems to have vanished, so I’m defaulting to here; let me know if there’s a more appropriate location for this thread.

Anyway. Something’s been bugging me for a while now. Gem Store, Upgrades page, “Digital Deluxe Upgrade” – I got the Collector’s Edition of the game, so I should already have all the DDE content, should I not? Yet it says “You can buy 1 more at this price.” Why? What can it possible give me?

The ONLY thing I see unusual in this flavor text is the bullet point:
“includes all items from Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition”

But isn’t that also the DDE bonuses? Or is there actually something worthwhile in this bundle even to the player who has a CE?

Like I said, this has nagged at me for a while, and with it suddenly on sale, I figured I should probably get to the bottom of things.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Heroic Edition was released at the time of the game’s first anniversary. At that time, some items included changed.

If you purchased your CE after the first anniversary, you have everything that is included in the DDE and Heroic Edition.

If you purchased your CE before the first anniversary, you can upgrade to the (Heroic) DDE and receive the Mithral Box, Legacy Armor Chest, and 10 Experience Boosters.

Good luck.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2#Guild_Wars_2_editions

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Another link that confirms the previous comment:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27658908-Game-Versions-and-Digital-Items

But, the time of your purchase doesn’t matter. You will get another “Mithral Box, Legacy Armor Chest, and 10 Experience Boosters” every time you buy a DDE from the Gemstore.

The only things you don’t get more than once:

Miniature Rytlock – Issued once per account.
Chalice of Glory – issued once per account.
Tome of Influence – issued once per account

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Interesting – but I could use a little clarification on these things.

- The Heroic Edition exclusives (armor, mithril box, boosters) – per account, or per character?

And second, is this applied retroactively to existing characters, or only newly-created ones?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s per account.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s one per account.

You get 1 18-slot Mithril Box, 10 XP boosters and 1 chest that lets you choose 1 set of legacy armor (Primeval, Krytan or Profane). They’re delivered by mail to the first character you log in to after buying the upgrade (or your first character if it’s a new account). Your other characters don’t get them.

(But of course the skins go in the wardrobe and can be used as many times as you like from there and the box and boosters can be passed between characters.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”