Gem Store Suggestion - Organize my bank

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Sell me an object that when I double click on it, it will sort my bank. Maybe by boosts, then non-deposit crafting materials, non-bankable currency and keys, then costumes, consumables, then items by rarity. Something like that. I honestly don’t really care, I just hate inventory management and I would literally pay money for something that could keep my bank organized.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It’s an interesting idea. I wonder if it would be one of those things where one person would want things organized a certain way, where someone else would prefer a different sorting. I know how much I appreciate the “compact” option, so sorting is an intriguing idea.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe it could include an option to ignore 1 (or more) Bank Tabs, so that could allow some personal organization. I guess those Tab(s) would be like ‘Invisible (to organization)’ Tabs.

I would be interested in something to help organize my banks. My previous idea was a low-cost extra short-term extra storage container, because I can’t organize very well, or delete characters, without some place to put items while the bank is full. I’d pay 100 Gems for a 40-50 slot 24-hour extra storage place.

Maybe the Gem Store could offer both! =)

Good luck.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

How about it destroys all the useless stuff we don’t need.
I’d buy that.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I don’t think we should have to pay for that. That is the kind of feature that should be implemented for free imo.

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

I’m still hoping that they will give a feature (or upgrade the campact function) that will automatically sort stuff in your inventory (except what’s in the invisible bag) into the bags that are made for that function. Example: Exotic gear sorted into the bag where it should first appear if it has an empty space. Often I fill up certain bags and when I deposit, it leaves space open in the appropriate bags.
I’m also waiting for the bug fix to the bag that grabs all gear to allow bags that claim a tier priority in placement of gear for that tier.

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

HOW ABOut a REusable Upgrade extractor! That would sell like crazy! People need sigils and runes out of armor and when Legendary armor comes out this will be needed badly.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I wish we could give bank tabs names. I’m OCD like that and enjoy keeping things tidy and in their rightful place.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

It’s an interesting idea. I wonder if it would be one of those things where one person would want things organized a certain way, where someone else would prefer a different sorting. I know how much I appreciate the “compact” option, so sorting is an intriguing idea.

It could then use some user control. Items can be sorted by various keys, so the player would select which keys are relevant for him, and “all that remains” would work with the “compact” option.

Like, there could be keys for weapons, trinkets, boosts, skins, armor, boxes, collectible items, materials, keys, currencies etc.
And I’d select : sort “weapons, armors, trinkets, boxes” which would be sorted in the beginning of the bank, and all the other stuff in my bank would be compacted after these.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I’m still hoping that they will give a feature (or upgrade the campact function) that will automatically sort stuff in your inventory (except what’s in the invisible bag) into the bags that are made for that function. Example: Exotic gear sorted into the bag where it should first appear if it has an empty space. Often I fill up certain bags and when I deposit, it leaves space open in the appropriate bags.
I’m also waiting for the bug fix to the bag that grabs all gear to allow bags that claim a tier priority in placement of gear for that tier.

Yes, right now I fear the compact option because it breaks however I want things sorted. Invisible bags help somewhat but not completely. For example, I devote a bag just to vendor junk (and extra space if needed) and do not want it sorted into my other stuff … however an invisible bag there defeats the whole point of mostly vendor stuff.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’d pay extra for a Food/Buff Page – All food and potions/buff items can now be auto-deposited to this new tab in the bank. A new button is available on the UI that lets me access this tab from anywhere in the world to consume any food/buffs that I have stored there

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

As y’all probably know, WoW has addons, and “bag/bank sort” is one of the popular types. There were basically three really popular choices, but only two models:

The first was to write complex, custom rules that sort things for you as you like. Which usually ended up being indistinguishable from …

… the second, which just sorted things into a known order, and made it easy to see “consumables”, or “unbound gear”, “soulbound gear”, “junk”, etc.

I’d suggest that simply sorting things by type, full stop, would be a good start. While people will doubtless ask for customization, the truth is that just “simple sort” is likely good enough for 99 percent of cases…

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I want to change the order of bank tabs, drag them like inventory bags. I’m often double clicking things to move them between bank and inventory. Inventory is good with changing the bag order, bank… I use filler items, drag those around… sigh

I never ever want to accidentally compact my bank.

let the sky fall

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I suppose the option to auto sort maybe by type or by name (similar to how you can auto-sort icons or files in Windows) might be ok.

Personally, I’d just appreciate some labels for my tabs (that I can see when the tabs are minimized). Pretty please.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

TorsoReaper.8530

IMO it doesn’t matter how it sorts because I would get used to the sort order once I do it a few times. But right now I have ascended rings next to food, keys next to materials, etc… Sometimes I spend like 20 minutes organizing my bank when I would rather have run a fractal.

I will say that pretty please, if this ever gets developed, do not make it like 1000 gems lol.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m one of the people whose ‘order’ would be impossible to write a tool for, since it involves categories like “items I’m saving purely because of nostalgia” (which may or may not also be functional), “items I’m saving to upgrade”, “items I’m saving for when characters reach level 80” and so on. In my head it makes sense but outside of my head there is no way to know which category an item belongs in (and sometimes in my head it gets a bit fuzzy).

But even I would find a sort function useful. Even if it just did something like put all the equipment together, all the crafting materials, all the boosters etc. it would give me a starting point. Then I could skip past groups of items like boosters which I want to keep together and just focus on the ones I may want to split up, like equipment.

It would be even better if it was customisable in some way.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

why the hell would you pay for something to organize your bank when you could do it yourself? i mean there is nothing stopping you from doing it by yourself what a waste of money..

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I’d pay extra for a Food/Buff Page – All food and potions/buff items can now be auto-deposited to this new tab in the bank. A new button is available on the UI that lets me access this tab from anywhere in the world to consume any food/buffs that I have stored there

This! It would be so helpful and I would love to collect more tonics if I had the room for them.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I think we would all be better served if we looked at options like these after many of the things are converted to stackable, as discussed a couple months ago. (should that actually happen).

TorsoReaper.8530

why the hell would you pay for something to organize your bank when you could do it yourself? i mean there is nothing stopping you from doing it by yourself what a waste of money..

A “waste of money” is relative, I am an older player and my time is more valuable to me than $5 to $7 (which is what i think this item is worth). If it saves me 10-20 minutes once a week or once a month, I’d do it all day. It might even save me money because instead of just buying another bank tab, I would more easily be able to see what i can sell, salvage, or transfer to my mule character.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

A “waste of money” is relative, I am an older player and my time is more valuable to me than $5 to $7 (which is what i think this item is worth). If it saves me 10-20 minutes once a week or once a month, I’d do it all day. It might even save me money because instead of just buying another bank tab, I would more easily be able to see what i can sell, salvage, or transfer to my mule character.

you have a fair point, i mustn’t have judged too quickly. I agree with you that waste of money is relative, for me personally though it is really just a waste of money.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

you have a fair point, i mustn’t have judged too quickly. I agree with you that waste of money is relative, for me personally though it is really just a waste of money.

I’m really unsure if I’d buy it as a feature, but I’d be very pleased for it to show up as a freebie. It’s true, though, “value” is totally a relative thing.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I know I have a very intricate sorting process, so I don’t think this would be useful to me. I have nothing more I could say on this subject

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

I’d be happy with just a drop-down to select what kind of items you want in each bank slot and an option to compact to them, but not as a gem store item. If they start microtransacting the game to death we’ll end up buying waypoints for $1.00 and the game will be over.

TorsoReaper.8530

I’d be happy with just a drop-down to select what kind of items you want in each bank slot and an option to compact to them, but not as a gem store item. If they start microtransacting the game to death we’ll end up buying waypoints for $1.00 and the game will be over.

Whether this is a popular opinion or not, I do think they should microtransaction the heck out of this game (not waypoints =P) from the standpoint that they should offer lots more items at much lower price points. The reason things like League of Legends and Candy Crush are so popular is that the price they charge people for items is below the impulse purchase price limit for probably 80% of their customer base.

For example, in the case of Candy Crush, they only charge 99 cents for many items. Most people think “oh it’s only 99 cents, i’ll just buy one” yet end up buying “just one” every single day. This leads to $365/yr of revenue. Conversely Guild Wars 2 might charge $10 for a skin but 80% of the player base says “that’s too expensive, I can’t afford $10 for a skin” even though they might buy five $3 skins. This makes no actual economic sense but from a psychological standpoint it makes perfect sense.