Gem Store Transmog Gear worth it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

So, I am fan of the Medium armor skin set but I see a great many other people shrugging this sale off because the skins are so limited in their use. I’m new to the game, and I really don’t understand how transmutation stones work, or how many times I can re-use the set.

So, can anyone tell me if these armor sets are really more trouble than they are worth?

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Well the armor will transmute the first time, after that you will have to use the stones just like any other armor. Just really depends on if you like the look of the armor.

By the way, what does Transmog mean in your title? Did you misspell transmute?

Riot.5210

Oh, I guess Transmog is more of a WoW term. Transmog, as in Transmogrification – copying the skin of one set of gear over another (although in WoW you don’t lose the original skins when you use them).

So, if I were to save all the gear I get from my story quests, for example, if I were to transmog those quest reward items over new gear I would lose those pieces as well?

Or else the cultural gear, as another example.

So there is really no difference?

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

Creeper.9360

Yeah you combine both pieces of gear into one. When you use a stone and put both armor pieces in (or weapon) you’ll get a choice of which look you want, what stats you want, and what modification (rune or sigil) you want.

Riot.5210

So, it creates an entirely new piece of armor, and then if you want to use it again, you use the stone again and carry that same look over a second time, again creating a new piece of gear – but still retaining the look of the gem store armor?

° Stormbluff Isle

Creeper.9360

Essentially yes. The stones are one time use consumable. But you get so many of them just by playing the game (map completions, chests, personal story rewards).

Posted by: Kopipoki.3542

Kopipoki.3542

Essentially yes. The stones are one time use consumable. But you get so many of them just by playing the game (map completions, chests, personal story rewards).

until you get to 80 then they pretty much force you to buy fine transmute stones.

Creeper.9360

Well I don’t know about you but I have over 50 fine transmutation stones in my bank and I haven’t spent a dime in the store.

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Know that they are 1 time use, and if you like it, why not? Do you need to have someone to tell you its ok? If it looks cool to you, who cares what we say ^__^

Riot.5210

I DO think it looks cool, I was just unfamiliar with how the entire process worked. :P If the stones are not terribly hard to come by, it does make sense.

° Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well, basicly you take the stats from one item and the look of the other to create your custom item.
you use normal transmutation stones till you hit level 80 and you can get them easily by completing your story quests or maps.
At level 80 you need fine transmutaion stones which are harder to get, mostly out of black lion chests as far as i know.
if you really need them you have to buy them in the gem store, since they are account bound.